Athiests: Why Debate so Vigorously? Why Bother? - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 01:59 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Athiests: Why Debate so Vigorously? Why Bother?

Atheists... if you know for a fact that there is no God, then why fight it so adimently on here with Christians? Wouldn't that be a complete waste of time? Why bother with debating it at all? There must be SOME reason you feel this absolute need to debate the believers. Are you just cruel and want to make them feel stupid because they believe something differently than you? I mean, really, there must be a reason. What is it? Why is this such a big deal to you all?

I've spent a bit too much time on this forum, so this will be one of my last few posts. It's been fun.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Frequent Flyer
 
AdamLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Frisco, TX
Posts: 9,148
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
Atheists... if you know for a fact that there is no God, then why fight it so adimently on here with Christians? Wouldn't that be a complete waste of time? Why bother with debating it at all? There must be SOME reason you feel this absolute need to debate the believers. Are you just cruel and want to make them feel stupid because they believe something differently than you? I mean, really, there must be a reason. What is it? Why is this such a big deal to you all?

I've spent a bit too much time on this forum, so this will be one of my last few posts. It's been fun.

From what I've seen Aethists have intellectual debates while the religous zealots are more apt to want to argue that Aethists are wrong and going to hell.

You're the only one on here that comes to mind about having a problem with open mindedness. All other christian vs. aethist debates are interesting until you decide to join in with mind numbing rhetoric about casting out ashtma demons over the phone.
AdamLX is offline  
post #3 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 03:00 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Rowlett, TX
Posts: 1,463
IMHO, the reason we have to debate is to stick up for ourselves. Christianity is forced upon us all the time, especially in politics and in goverment. It bothers me that there should be separation of church and state, but the christians feel that god belongs in public schools, in the pledge of allegiance, on courthouse lawns, on our money, etc.

I really don't have a problem with god, it is all of gods little helpers that make me angry.
Way Cool Jr is offline  
 
post #4 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 03:08 PM
Big "foot"
 
BLAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Around
Posts: 19,217
Well, I'm not an athiest, but I can see how the positions, opinions, interpretations, and mindset of the evangelical (is that the right word?) Christian can be so mind boggling, that one might seek to impart some sort of wisdom, or shed light on a topic, or maybe just try and see what makes them tick.

You know, whenever someone has an opinion or stance that is so diametrically opposed to how you see it, it's both interesting and frustrating? Now add to it that said opinion is very vocal and, well... the debate rages on.

BLAKE is offline  
post #5 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 03:16 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
Atheists... if you know for a fact that there is no God, then why fight it so adimently on here with Christians? Wouldn't that be a complete waste of time? Why bother with debating it at all? There must be SOME reason you feel this absolute need to debate the believers. Are you just cruel and want to make them feel stupid because they believe something differently than you? I mean, really, there must be a reason. What is it? Why is this such a big deal to you all?

I've spent a bit too much time on this forum, so this will be one of my last few posts. It's been fun.
I try not to "debate" atheism v. christianity anymore, because it's a stupid argument. Not really much of anything you can do to argue it effectively, as it really is beyond anyone knowing.

My biggest arguing points here are mainly science based. Too often you see people misquoting/misrepresenting literature. And good gawd people suck at the concept of evolution.
exlude is offline  
post #6 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 04:40 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamLX
From what I've seen Aethists have intellectual debates while the religous zealots are more apt to want to argue that Aethists are wrong and going to hell.

You're the only one on here that comes to mind about having a problem with open mindedness. All other christian vs. aethist debates are interesting until you decide to join in with mind numbing rhetoric about casting out ashtma demons over the phone.
Ummm... I'm very open minded. I never forced anyone to believe anything. I did, however, demand that the either say, "I cannot explain this" or "this is how to disprove this." I enjoy being disproven so I can learn the truth. You call me close minded because you cannot disprove some of the things I've presented like the numerical prophecies. The demonic stuff are things I have experienced, and I don't expect anyone else to believe that stuff just because I said it. I was curious what you all would say about it, though, so I posted it. I didn't expect it would be proof of anything, though. It's just my personal experience.

Now, with multiples, though, that's not my experience alone. 100+ multiples were healed and attest to this, and I have helped many using the same methods and confirmed what the author of the book The Shining Man says about multiples and then seeing the spiritual world. As I said, I have chat logs with timestamps that are on Yahoo Messenger online, which cannot be altered on there, and they confirm this. I could post this stuff as proof, and even take screen shots of Yahoo Messenger online to show I didn't modify the chat log in any way. But that wouldn't convince you guys. You all don't want to believe this stuff, so you just skoff at it and me.

I just want to know why you all are so intent on disproving the believers. That's all. You'd think if God wasn't real, then you'd have a REALLY easy time disproving the stuff I put up here, but you don't. You never disproved one of the numerical prophecies. Gee, I wonder why...

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #7 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Way Cool Jr
IMHO, the reason we have to debate is to stick up for ourselves. Christianity is forced upon us all the time, especially in politics and in goverment. It bothers me that there should be separation of church and state, but the christians feel that god belongs in public schools, in the pledge of allegiance, on courthouse lawns, on our money, etc.

I really don't have a problem with god, it is all of gods little helpers that make me angry.
Then debate this in the real world and not on a chat forum. This does nothing on here. That's not a good excuse for being on here debating us.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #8 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 04:45 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
Then debate this in the real world and not on a chat forum. This does nothing on here. That's not a good excuse for being on here debating us.
Perhaps he does, and this is just another venue. Awfully presumptious of you.
exlude is offline  
post #9 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 04:46 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE
Well, I'm not an athiest, but I can see how the positions, opinions, interpretations, and mindset of the evangelical (is that the right word?) Christian can be so mind boggling, that one might seek to impart some sort of wisdom, or shed light on a topic, or maybe just try and see what makes them tick.

You know, whenever someone has an opinion or stance that is so diametrically opposed to how you see it, it's both interesting and frustrating? Now add to it that said opinion is very vocal and, well... the debate rages on.
I understand this, but they are not trying to learn what we believe. They are trying to disprove what we believe. It's very different. Someone that wants to learns asks questions and studies about what they want to learn. Someone that doesn't care to learn, but just wants to bad mouth others or disprove them will go up against them with only that intent, and it's obvious. The atheists in this forum don't care one bit about learning this stuff. They just want to skoff and try to disprove this stuff or make it look stupid. Not all of them, necessarily, but most that have posted in my threads.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #10 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
Perhaps he does, and this is just another venue. Awfully presumptious of you.
The point is that even if he does in the real world, there's no reason for him to be in here. I made not presumptions.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #11 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 04:50 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
The point is that even if he does in the real world, there's no reason for him to be in here. I made not presumptions.
He already gave you his reason. If you weren't making presumptions, then you would realize it stood here as well as real world.
exlude is offline  
post #12 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
I try not to "debate" atheism v. christianity anymore, because it's a stupid argument. Not really much of anything you can do to argue it effectively, as it really is beyond anyone knowing.

My biggest arguing points here are mainly science based. Too often you see people misquoting/misrepresenting literature. And good gawd people suck at the concept of evolution.
Yes, you do stick to science and that's appreciated. You are not more biblically based. I would ask you to read The Shining Man with Hurt Hands though, which pertains to multiples, and then look at my chat logs that confirm the stuff in that book and see what you think. I have had therapists and psychologist email me for advice after they saw how quickly I helped their patients make progress with MPD. Check out that book if you get time:

www.fish-house.com/pdf/ShiningMan.pdf

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #13 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 04:52 PM
Big "foot"
 
BLAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Around
Posts: 19,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
I understand this, but they are not trying to learn what we believe. They are trying to disprove what we believe. It's very different. Someone that wants to learns asks questions and studies about what they want to learn. Someone that doesn't care to learn, but just wants to bad mouth others or disprove them will go up against them with only that intent, and it's obvious. The atheists in this forum don't care one bit about learning this stuff. They just want to skoff and try to disprove this stuff or make it look stupid. Not all of them, necessarily, but most that have posted in my threads.
Nowhere in my initial post did I insinuate any "desire to learn". Again, I think it may come from a sense of frustration that someone can buy whole-hog into a belief system that they see as not only flawed, but ludicrous. And no offense intended (I honestly don't spend that much time in this forum, and I don't know you from Adam, lol), but they're not trying to make you look stupid. To them, you're doing a good job of that on your own.

BLAKE is offline  
post #14 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by exlude
He already gave you his reason. If you weren't making presumptions, then you would realize it stood here as well as real world.
There is a big difference between debating people in here and making absolutely no difference, and going out into the real world fighting against the Christian movement. Here it does nothing. The real world does something.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #15 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKE
Nowhere in my initial post did I insinuate any "desire to learn". Again, I think it may come from a sense of frustration that someone can buy whole-hog into a belief system that they see as not only flawed, but ludicrous. And no offense intended (I honestly don't spend that much time in this forum, and I don't know you from Adam, lol), but they're not trying to make you look stupid. To them, you're doing a good job of that on your own.
There is nothing stupid about posting up numerical prophecies that happened, and then watching them have no idea how to disprove them, and completely overlook the fact that it's a statistical impossibility unless there is a God working behind the scenes that knows the future. They cannot explain this.

I never made myself look stupid. I share experiences with people just to get their reaction to it. Nothing wrong with this. They call the experiences bogus and stupid and ridiculous. I didn't make myself look stupid at all. I don't know where you get that from.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #16 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 05:09 PM
Racist....that means you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
I didn't make myself look stupid at all. I don't know where you get that from.
Well, here is a pretty good example:
https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=345170
Jester is offline  
post #17 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 05:16 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
You think that makes me look stupid? That's funny, because the therapists that are working with these multiples sure don't think I'm stupid when I make huge progress with their patients in a matter of one or two months. I can post up screen shots of emails from therapists if you like where they email me and ask advice on helping their patients that are multiple. I can take screen shots of the yahoo chatlogs and post them too in order to show you the time stamps which are unaltered and prove what is in that book The Shining Man with Hurt Hands I mentioned. If you find helping people to be something worthy of making someone stupid, then you have serious issues.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #18 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 05:24 PM
Racist....that means you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
You think that makes me look stupid? That's funny, because the therapists that are working with these multiples sure don't think I'm stupid when I make huge progress with their patients in a matter of one or two months. I can post up screen shots of emails from therapists if you like where they email me and ask advice on helping their patients that are multiple. I can take screen shots of the yahoo chatlogs and post them too in order to show you the time stamps which are unaltered and prove what is in that book The Shining Man with Hurt Hands I mentioned. If you find helping people to be something worthy of making someone stupid, then you have serious issues.
Helping people that are nuts is not that hard when you are also a nut.
You are the one seeing demons, nutsack, so I think you are the one needing help.

Well, I have multiple personalities, too. I have the guy that likes to jack off to porn, the guy that likes Michael Jackson music, the guy that loves chopper(I think he is the same one that digs the porn), then there is the one that has an appreciation for good wine, one that hates mowing the yard, one that loves mowing the yard, one that secretly wants to molest hairdryers, one that likes Michael Bolton(I hate that guy), and so on and so on and so on and so on. Hell, they even have different voices and accents.
But, I chalk it all up to just being a normal person with different moods thoughout the day and people like you make the porn/chopper guy come out and kill people like you.
Jester is offline  
post #19 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 05:31 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Helping people that are nuts is not that hard when you are also a nut.
You are the one seeing demons, nutsack, so I think you are the one needing help.

Well, I have multiple personalities, too. I have the guy that likes to jack off to porn, the guy that likes Michael Jackson music, the guy that loves chopper(I think he is the same one that digs the porn), then there is the one that has an appreciation for good wine, one that hates mowing the yard, one that loves mowing the yard, one that secretly wants to molest hairdryers, one that likes Michael Bolton(I hate that guy), and so on and so on and so on and so on. Hell, they even have different voices and accents.
But, I chalk it all up to just being a normal person with different moods thoughout the day and people like you make the porn/chopper guy come out and kill people like you.
I don't see demons. Never have. Don't know what you're talking about. My wife has seen them before, and a friend or two has seen them before. My wife is a Ph. D. student at UTD, so I don't think you'd be able to make a case that she's crazy. She's extremely sane.

As for multiple personality disorder, you have no clue how it works, and you just showed that. The therapists, who are not insane, seem to think that their patients have made HUGE progress when I've worked with them. You're calling them nuts too? Hmmmmm.... sounds a bit weird that hospitals would be hiring nutjobs to do their therapy. Get a life... You just want to be rude to people...

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #20 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 05:40 PM
Racist....that means you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
I don't see demons. Never have. Don't know what you're talking about. My wife has seen them before, and a friend or two has seen them before. My wife is a Ph. D. student at UTD, so I don't think you'd be able to make a case that she's crazy. She's extremely sane.

As for multiple personality disorder, you have no clue how it works, and you just showed that. The therapists, who are not insane, seem to think that their patients have made HUGE progress when I've worked with them. You're calling them nuts too? Hmmmmm.... sounds a bit weird that hospitals would be hiring nutjobs to do their therapy. Get a life... You just want to be rude to people...
No, I just call out nutjobs when I see them.
Can't wait for the thread when your wife thinks your dick is a demon and decides to chop it off.
Anyway, you have proven time and time again that you are a religious nut, and there is never any arguing with someone like you. Religious nutjobs(you) are too busy trying to convert not believers, starting cults, starting wars, and marrying people that see demons, to stop and actually try to search for the truth. Y'all would rather base all of your beliefs off a book written a few thousand years ago that has been edited God knows how many times.

Now, instead of debating people on here, I would be trying to get my wife some therapy for her demon seeing.

Good day to you, Sybil.

Oh, I just reread your demon thread..........you heard it and your wife saw it........my mistake.
COOCOO COOCOO
Jester is offline  
post #21 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 05:49 PM
lol, this place sucks now
 
ClockwrkOrangeS4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: DFWMustangs.net
Posts: 13,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
Atheists... if you know for a fact that there is no God, then why fight it so adimently on here with Christians? Wouldn't that be a complete waste of time? Why bother with debating it at all? There must be SOME reason you feel this absolute need to debate the believers. Are you just cruel and want to make them feel stupid because they believe something differently than you? I mean, really, there must be a reason. What is it? Why is this such a big deal to you all?

I've spent a bit too much time on this forum, so this will be one of my last few posts. It's been fun.

I question things, it's just my nature.

I find it so hard to believe that people have so much faith in something that they don't know whether or not it even exists. I also find it funny, and ironic that the same people that believe in god and religion based primarily on a book, think they have the right to treat people that don't believe like lesser beings.... and don't get me started on scientology and religious folks opinion on them. As I have mentioned in other threads, all the religious people are equally crazy to me.
ClockwrkOrangeS4 is offline  
post #22 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 05:50 PM
Racist....that means you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockwrkOrangeS4
I question things, it's just my nature.

I find it so hard to believe that people have so much faith in something that they don't know whether or not it even exists. I also find it funny, and ironic that the same people that believe in god and religion based primarily on a book, think they have the right to treat people that don't believe like lesser beings.... and don't get me started on scientology and religious folks opinion on them. As I have mentioned in other threads, all the religious people are equally crazy to me.
ding ding ding, we have a winner
Jester is offline  
post #23 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 06:10 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
I don't see demons. Never have. Don't know what you're talking about. My wife has seen them before, and a friend or two has seen them before. My wife is a Ph. D. student at UTD, so I don't think you'd be able to make a case that she's crazy. She's extremely sane.

As for multiple personality disorder, you have no clue how it works, and you just showed that. The therapists, who are not insane, seem to think that their patients have made HUGE progress when I've worked with them. You're calling them nuts too? Hmmmmm.... sounds a bit weird that hospitals would be hiring nutjobs to do their therapy. Get a life... You just want to be rude to people...

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #24 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 06:11 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
I don't see demons. Never have. Don't know what you're talking about. My wife has seen them before, and a friend or two has seen them before. My wife is a Ph. D. student at UTD, so I don't think you'd be able to make a case that she's crazy. She's extremely sane.
Lol, does being a Ph. D student prove you aren't crazy?

What was her undergrad and what is her grad work in? You seem to base most all of your arguments off of her acheivements/input.
exlude is offline  
post #25 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 08:01 PM
ebay pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 4,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
I never read that thread, and I just went through it. WOW!!!! Reads like a bad novel. Religious faith taken to the extreme is insanity....Brian your getting close to the edge.

Reminds me of a friend's mother way back in high school. She said I had demons, her daughter had demons,that one of the bedroom doors in her house had demons. Years later I heard she was diagnosed as being schitzophrenic.

Scott
White trash wagon is offline  
post #26 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-30-2008, 08:35 PM
Cummins > Powerstroke
 
8mpg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: id rather be cummin than strokin
Posts: 19,068
I didnt read a single response... but Im not Atheist. I dont really push my views about church but get irritated when others try and push their views on me.

2006 Dodge Ram Megacab Cummins
1969 Mustang Coupe
1969 Mustang Mach1
1969 Chevy C10
1966 Mustang Coupe
8mpg is offline  
post #27 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 12:06 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
 
DarkWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
I don't see demons. Never have. Don't know what you're talking about. My wife has seen them before, and a friend or two has seen them before. My wife is a Ph. D. student at UTD, so I don't think you'd be able to make a case that she's crazy. She's extremely sane.
Sounds like you've never heard of the thin line between genius and insanity.

Higher education doesn't exclude one from being mentally insane.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
DarkWolf is offline  
post #28 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 12:17 AM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
How many people have killed someone in the name of god?
How many people have killed someone in the name of Atheism?

Thats all the proof i need to know who i should stand by.

Magnus is offline  
post #29 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 06:17 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
The main weakness I see repeatedly in this forum by those who attempt to discount Biblical Truths is that they have obviously never read, much less understand, what they are trying to discredit. The Bible reveals truths to those who study it on an individual, personal level, and those revelations are not something that can be spoonfed by me or other Christians to a disbeliever who is too lazy to learn and develop understanding for themselves. Science is a wonderful thing, and it clearly demonstrates the power of mans intellect and understanding. But it is not the be-all and end-all in and of itself, and as I have posted elsewhere I am sure, man can not and will never be able to pigeonhole everything in Gods Creation into scientific explanations.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #30 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 07:38 AM
The token Asian guy
 
propellerhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: SBRacing
Posts: 8,050
To me it's just entertainment. I don't read much into the debates but it's sometimes fun to light a spark in a religious person knowing they'll go off on a long speech about why their chosen religion is the right one. It's like telling die hard Jeff Gordon fans that Jeff Gordon is gay. They get all defensive about it.

propellerhead is offline  
post #31 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 08:53 AM
Big "foot"
 
BLAKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Around
Posts: 19,217
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester

Whoah, he's that guy?

Ok, apparently I have seen you around. I do, I suppose, know you from Adam, and I stand by my previous statement...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAKEr
I prefer my wacko's to wear their crazy on their sleeves, so I know who to avoid. Thanks!

<- will now forever stay away from any and all 1992 Taurus SHO's that I may come in contact with.

BLAKE is offline  
post #32 of 105 (permalink) Old 01-31-2008, 09:14 AM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
Holy fuck-wack-job-batman.
Thats the kind of crazy that'll see a demon at Taco Bell, and kill everyone with a spork.

Magnus is offline  
post #33 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Banned
 
poopnut2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: On the Fence
Posts: 20,196
Why do christians stand on the sides of roads preaching? In front of abortion clinics telling people they're going to hell? Christians seem so eager to tell others their beliefs and the consequences of disagreeing, I feel that someone should speak for the other side.
poopnut2 is offline  
post #34 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-01-2008, 05:51 PM
Rhabdomyolysis anyone?
 
flashstang04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 2,224
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
Why do christians stand on the sides of roads preaching? In front of abortion clinics telling people they're going to hell? Christians seem so eager to tell others their beliefs and the consequences of disagreeing, I feel that someone should speak for the other side.

Well to answer your question directly, that is what Christians are called to do:

Matthew 28:16-20:

Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."

I suppose that won't satisfy your "question", but that is what we do why we do.

As far as standing out of abortion clinics and telling them they will go to hell...no real Christian should do that. You can't threaten people with what they don't believe in. It is better to respond with sympathy most of the time.

Crossfit.com <--- no wimps allowed
flashstang04 is offline  
post #35 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 06:52 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bandera County
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
How many people have killed someone in the name of god?
How many people have killed someone in the name of Atheism?

Thats all the proof i need to know who i should stand by.
In the 20th Century, I can think of 3 very deadly athists: Pol Pot, Joseph Stalin, & Mao Zedong.

03 Mach1
[email protected] N/A
Brain_Mach1 is offline  
post #36 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 06:57 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bandera County
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
Why do christians stand on the sides of roads preaching? In front of abortion clinics telling people they're going to hell? Christians seem so eager to tell others their beliefs and the consequences of disagreeing, I feel that someone should speak for the other side.
I am curious if anyone caught any of the footage from the March for Life from Washington DC?

I know that there are people who claim to know who is going to hell, but they are the acception not the rule. Do a search on the Catholic Catechism and you will not find a list of violations which sends a person to hell.

In fact, we all know that the Church has a lidt of people who are "absolutely" known saved called saints. There is no list for people who are damned.

Could it be that you have seen a few people speaking damnation and ignored those who preach the positive life? It certainly does not make for interesting news.

03 Mach1
[email protected] N/A
Brain_Mach1 is offline  
post #37 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 08:17 AM
ebay pimp
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Carrollton, TX
Posts: 4,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain_Mach1
In the 20th Century, I can think of 3 very deadly athists: Pol Pot, Joseph Stalin, & Mao Zedong.
None of those people acted in the name of atheism, they acted in the name of personal amibition. You could also state Stalin, Pot and Zedong were all meat eaters,which also had nothing to do with thier murders.

I know of no war ever started by atheists to wipe out religioius people. Before you mention Hitler & the holocaust....Hitler was not an athiest,he was a Catholic. So the holocaust was one religion trying to wipe out another.
White trash wagon is offline  
post #38 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 08:30 AM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
Atheists... if you know for a fact that there is no God, then why fight it so adimently on here with Christians? Wouldn't that be a complete waste of time? Why bother with debating it at all? There must be SOME reason you feel this absolute need to debate the believers. Are you just cruel and want to make them feel stupid because they believe something differently than you? I mean, really, there must be a reason. What is it? Why is this such a big deal to you all?

I've spent a bit too much time on this forum, so this will be one of my last few posts. It's been fun.

You don't seem me in here arguing trying to convince anyone there is or isn't a God or Satan. Seems silly to me to try and change someone's mind abut religion over the internet.

I don't have a problem with you being religious at all as long as you aren't one of those people who push on others in person. Online I can simply move to another thread and ignore it. In person, you bring the subject up, I'm just going to tell you that you have no proof of heaven or hell.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #39 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 11:15 AM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
You have no proof either that Lincoln ever gave the Gettysburg Address, yet you and the rest of us accept that he did based on (gasp!) faith. Faith in the historians who tell us he did. Faith in the recorded recollections of those who were there. It's no different accepting the Bible on faith.

Last edited by Mr Majestyk; 02-02-2008 at 01:42 PM.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #40 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 11:47 AM
Racist....that means you!
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 20,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
You have no proof either that Lincoln ever gave the Gettysburg Address, yet you and the rest of accept that he did based on (gasp!) faith. Faith in the historians who tell us he did. Faith in the recorded recollections of those who were there. It's no different accepting the Bible on faith.
except that the Gettysburg address has not gone thru a couple thousand years worth of editing.
Jester is offline  
post #41 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 01:17 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
except that the Gettysburg address has not gone thru a couple thousand years worth of editing.
And Lincoln didn't give the Gettysburg address from another dimension/methaphysical plane/the supernatural world.
exlude is offline  
post #42 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 01:43 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
It's still accepted, on faith, that he gave it, and that he gave it in the format we know today. That's the key word....faith.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #43 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 03:09 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
It's still accepted, on faith, that he gave it, and that he gave it in the format we know today. That's the key word....faith.
Lets not forget the photographs of Lincoln at gettysburg. . ..fucking tard.

I've got a little more bit more faith in a photograph than a picture of hey-zeus burned into a large tortilla.

Magnus is offline  
post #44 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Bandera County
Posts: 918
Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
None of those people acted in the name of atheism, they acted in the name of personal amibition. You could also state Stalin, Pot and Zedong were all meat eaters,which also had nothing to do with thier murders.
All were leaders of regimes which were anti-religion, as in no-god, i.e. Atheist.

Are Atheists denying the existance of Atheists?

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
I know of no war ever started by atheists to wipe out religioius people. Before you mention Hitler & the holocaust....Hitler was not an athiest,he was a Catholic. So the holocaust was one religion trying to wipe out another.
Um, Hitler WAS baptized a Catholic as a Child but was in no-way practicing. Stalin WAS in seminary before he became a communist.

If I recall correctly exlude WAS a Christian before he was Atheist.

03 Mach1
[email protected] N/A
Brain_Mach1 is offline  
post #45 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 03:24 PM
JKD
Gracie Jiu Jitsu Addict
 
JKD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: The weapon is only as good as the person wielding it.
Posts: 16,273
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
You have no proof either that Lincoln ever gave the Gettysburg Address, yet you and the rest of us accept that he did based on (gasp!) faith. Faith in the historians who tell us he did. Faith in the recorded recollections of those who were there. It's no different accepting the Bible on faith.

I'm not tryin to rest the lives and souls of humanity on the Gettysburg Address either.


You have NO proof of heaven or hell.

Shrimp'n ain't easy....
JKD is offline  
post #46 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 03:38 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
Lets not forget the photographs of Lincoln at gettysburg. . ..fucking tard.

I've got a little more bit more faith in a photograph than a picture of hey-zeus burned into a large tortilla.
Cool, got him using the F word now. I've obviously gotten under the stupid bastards skin LOL
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #47 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 03:39 PM
$uper $low
 
Magnus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Plano
Posts: 5,782
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Majestyk
Cool, got him using the F word now. I've obviously gotten under the stupid bastards skin LOL
Nice job of dodging the subject. Nice to see i've got you scrambling to change topics.

Magnus is offline  
post #48 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 03:53 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain_Mach1
All were leaders of regimes which were anti-religion, as in no-god, i.e. Atheist.

Are Atheists denying the existance of Atheists?

Um, Hitler WAS baptized a Catholic as a Child but was in no-way practicing. Stalin WAS in seminary before he became a communist.

If I recall correctly exlude WAS a Christian before he was Atheist.
Well damn, my name used in the same breath as Hitler. lol!
exlude is offline  
post #49 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 03:59 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
Nice job of dodging the subject. Nice to see i've got you scrambling to change topics.
Nice to see you've calmed down
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #50 of 105 (permalink) Old 02-02-2008, 05:54 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godmagnus
Lets not forget the photographs of Lincoln at gettysburg. . ..fucking tard.

I've got a little more bit more faith in a photograph than a picture of hey-zeus burned into a large tortilla.
pwnd

So, you have the "supernatural" ability to discern what Lincoln was saying from still photographs circa 1863. You "know" that the photographs depict him delivering what we call the Gettysburg Address, and accept them without "proof" that the photographs could have been taken elsewhere? Sounds like you're a man a faith; either that or you can hear voices that we lesser folk cannot from still photographs taken about 30 years before Edison started dabbling with talking motion pictures.

Oh, by the way, to use your chosen language, you're no fucking good at debate....you trip yourself up and don't even know it.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome