What's the deal w/ pork? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 12:53 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lewisville
Posts: 1,628
What's the deal w/ pork?

I tried a few searches but didn't come up with a lot of answers....

What specifically are the religions that ask/require you not to eat pork? and what is the reason behind it?
lucky_topher is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 01:32 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,249
FSON is offline  
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Lewisville
Posts: 1,628
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSON
that doesn't really explain the religious reasons...

there are people i work with that when we go out to lunch, they ask about certain things to make sure there is no pork... we're obviously going to nice places so it's not whether it's healthy...
lucky_topher is offline  
 
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 7,017
I think it has to do with whether the animal eats or might possibly eat the flesh of other animals, and more importantly, the blood of other animals along with said flesh. Blood is considered sacred in the Old Testament (e.g. the Passover), and any animal that partakes or might partake of it was viewed as unclean.
Mr Majestyk is offline  
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 02:29 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 906
pigs

Pigs were viewed as unclean animals for obvious reasons, they sit and bathe in there own crap.
It was know they carried disease.
SVT93Style is offline  
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 02:43 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: foofooland
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_topher
I tried a few searches but didn't come up with a lot of answers....

What specifically are the religions that ask/require you not to eat pork? and what is the reason behind it?

Ummmmmmmm........Because God said so. LOL!


Interesting read. http://www.jewfaq.org/kashrut.htm#Animals
FooFooTater is offline  
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 02:48 PM
Lifer
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 3,249
I read someplace that Isreal eats more turkeys per capita than any other country.
FSON is offline  
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 03:10 PM
He's no good to me dead.
 
Bobba Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fett's vette
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSON
I read someplace that Isreal eats more turkeys per capita than any other country.
And what's the deal with airline food??
Bobba Fett is offline  
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Pigs have skin that soaks up the mud and slop around them and it gets into their muscle fibers. So, when you eat a pig, you're getting all of the impurities that soaked into their skin outside. Unscaled fish are also not to be eaten by Jews, because unscaled fish have the same characteristics as pigs, and are also bottom feeders (they eat fish crap). So, their systems are not built to be healthy for eating. God told the Jews not to eat certain things like this because they are not healthy. That's all...

Just like circumcision... God told the Jews to circumcise on the 8th day after birth. Medical science has since found that the 8th day after birth, and only the 8th day, is the day when the blood is in a certain state that's perfect for circumcision, and it also keeps the baby from being suceptible to many diseases the rest of his life.

So, there's no way these Jews could've known these things without God informing them first. You'd be surprized at the incredibly scientific practices the Jews have in their Law given by God. Amazing stuff...

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 03:50 AM
Lifer
 
Marisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Tarrant
Posts: 10,319
That's interesting, BrianC...
Marisa is offline  
post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 04:49 AM
Yes.....its a V6.
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
That's interesting, BrianC...
Very..... Why do I get the feeling he's trying to sell me something?

These are the demands and sayings of Duncan.
Duncan is offline  
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 05:17 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
Very..... Why do I get the feeling he's trying to sell me something?
Huh??

I used to be a in wacked out church when I was a kid. We couldn't eat any unclean animals and we kept the holy days but could not celebrate holly days or our birthdays. Pretty messed up. I was born again at age 16 and saw right through the church and got out of it. But while in there, I learned why it wasn't good to eat these animals, yet in the New Testament we're told that we can eat anything.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 05:28 AM
Yes.....its a V6.
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 2,732
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
Huh??

I used to be a in wacked out church when I was a kid. We couldn't eat any unclean animals and we kept the holy days but could not celebrate holly days or our birthdays. Pretty messed up. I was born again at age 16 and saw right through the church and got out of it. But while in there, I learned why it wasn't good to eat these animals, yet in the New Testament we're told that we can eat anything.
Sorry, but those annoying morons on bikes came to mind thats all. I think religion is a joke. If I offended, it was not my intention.

These are the demands and sayings of Duncan.
Duncan is offline  
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 07:20 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duncan
Sorry, but those annoying morons on bikes came to mind thats all. I think religion is a joke. If I offended, it was not my intention.
I'm never offended. Just trying to figure out what you meant is all. Doesn't matter either way.

If you think Religion is a joke, look at my prophetic fulfillments thread and give me an explanation for those prophecies. There are 13 numerical prophecies in the Bible, and all are VERY specific (not vague at all). They start and end on exactly the dates they are supposed to according to the prophecies, and they last exactly the right number of years. They happen over thousands of years. The prophecies are irrefutable and cannot be explained away. Take a look at them and let me know what you think of them. I didn't list all 13, but I listed a few that are significant just to show how they work and how specific they are.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 07:29 AM
He's no good to me dead.
 
Bobba Fett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Fett's vette
Posts: 716
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
I'm never offended. Just trying to figure out what you meant is all. Doesn't matter either way.

If you think Religion is a joke, look at my prophetic fulfillments thread and give me an explanation for those prophecies. There are 13 numerical prophecies in the Bible, and all are VERY specific (not vague at all). They start and end on exactly the dates they are supposed to according to the prophecies, and they last exactly the right number of years. They happen over thousands of years. The prophecies are irrefutable and cannot be explained away. Take a look at them and let me know what you think of them. I didn't list all 13, but I listed a few that are significant just to show how they work and how specific they are.
I'm assuming you're a Jehovah's Witness??
Bobba Fett is offline  
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 10:11 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: foofooland
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobba Fett
I'm assuming you're a Jehovah's Witness??
Ewwwwwwwww!
FooFooTater is offline  
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 10:25 AM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
That's horse poop, BrianC...
Fixed!

Last edited by jluv; 12-11-2007 at 11:56 AM.
jluv is offline  
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 01:28 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobba Fett
I'm assuming you're a Jehovah's Witness??
Oh, heck no. I love debating Jehovah's Witnesses, though. They have one single numerical prophecy that they completely took out of context and messed up and it comes out on a completely insignificant date of 1914. However, when you actually figure out what that the numerical prophecies are actually in Hebrew years instead of solar years, and you place them where they SAY their beginning is, then you'll find their actual fulfillments, and all are fulfilled on dates like 1948 (Jews become a nation), and 1967 (Jews take back the temple mount) and 1776 (the U.S. becomes a nation) and 688AD (the Muslims build the Dome of the Rock on the temple mount in Jerusalmen). Every prophecy is pretty specific about its beginning, end and the time period it happens in. No vagueness here. This is nothing like Jehovah's Witness. Normal Christians can believe in this stuff. Honestly, it cannot be refuted. That's how incredibly accurate and irrefutable it is. But I invite anyone to try.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 01:30 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
That's horse poop, BrianC!
Huh? What's horse poop? lol

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 01:38 PM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
Huh? What's horse poop? lol
What you said about pork and non-scaled fish and the whole thing about circumcisions on the 8th day. That, and pretty much anything I've seen you type so far. I mean really, where do you get all of this nonsense?
jluv is offline  
post #21 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
What you said about pork and non-scaled fish and the whole thing about circumcisions on the 8th day. That, and pretty much anything I've seen you type so far. I mean really, where do you get all of this nonsense?
So, it's bogus just because you are not aware of it?

Go do some reading. You can find this stuff on your own. What is so unbelievable about this stuff anyway??

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #22 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 01:51 PM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
So, it's bogus just because you are not aware of it?

Go do some reading. You can find this stuff on your own. What is so unbelievable about this stuff anyway??
LOL! I tell you what, if you post up some links I'll do some reading. Enlighten me. Better yet, reveal the source of all this bs you are spewing.

You said "Medical science has since found that the 8th day after birth, and only the 8th day, is the day when the blood is in a certain state that's perfect for circumcision".

LMAO!!! Come on man. The blood is in a certain state for a circumcision, and only on that day? That's retarded.

And you also said "Pigs have skin that soaks up the mud and slop around them and it gets into their muscle fibers.".

Hahahahaha!!!!

Oh, and "...unscaled fish have the same characteristics as pigs, and are also bottom feeders (they eat fish crap). So, their systems are not built to be healthy for eating.".

Again, that's just silly.

Oh, and the stuff in the other thread about your wife seeing a demon and you hearing a little girl making satanic chants had me rolling.
jluv is offline  
post #23 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 04:47 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
LOL! I tell you what, if you post up some links I'll do some reading. Enlighten me. Better yet, reveal the source of all this bs you are spewing.

You said "Medical science has since found that the 8th day after birth, and only the 8th day, is the day when the blood is in a certain state that's perfect for circumcision".

LMAO!!! Come on man. The blood is in a certain state for a circumcision, and only on that day? That's retarded.
Yeah, a baby's body is going through a lot of things right after birth. For instance, if you give water birth, you can keep that baby underwater as long as you want as long as the cord is attached. But as soon as you pull that baby out of the water, the baby's body immediately knows to breath in air. The blood is also going through phases after birth. The first eight days are important, and the blood, if I'm not mistaken, has a high platellet count on the 8th day, which means the body will not bleed out heavily, but will clot very quickly. It's something like that. Here, check out some statements about the benefits of circumcision from Wikipedia:

In March 2007 the World Health Organization and UNAIDS recognized male circumcision as an effective intervention for HIV prevention, but warned that male circumcision only provides partial protection and should not replace other interventions to prevent the heterosexual transmission of HIV.[14]

Circumcision may also be used to treat inflammation of the glans and penile cancer.[15][16] Using circumcision to treat phimosis (see section below) is debated in medical literature.[17][18]

Studies have reported a rate of penile cancer from 3 to 22 times higher in uncircumcised than circumcised men.

Studies have found that boys with foreskins tend to have higher rates of various infections and inflammations of the penis than those who are circumcised.

The World Health Organization (WHO) stated that studies of three trials, one of which was completed, provide compelling evidence that male circumcision provides a 50-60% reduction in HIV transmission from female to male.
______________________________________

Go look at Wikipedia on this. There are TONS AND TONS of studies that show how incredibly healthy it is to be circumsized, and it originates in the Jewish culture at God's command. It could be the seventh day they're to circumcise according to the law, not the eigth. I forget.


Quote:
And you also said "Pigs have skin that soaks up the mud and slop around them and it gets into their muscle fibers.".

Hahahahaha!!!!
Let's see what we can dig up on pigs real quick...

Wikipedia:
Pigs harbour a range of parasites and diseases that can be transmitted to humans. These include trichinosis, cysticercosis, and brucellosis. Pigs are also known to host large concentrations of parasitic ascarid worms in their digestive tract. The presence of these diseases and parasites is one of the reasons why pork meat should always be well cooked or cured before eating.
_________
Another pig website: (this one confirms what I said, but I had it slightly off [been a long time since I read about this stuff]. It's not what a pig rolls around in that he absorbs into his muscles. It's what he eats. Yes, some of what he rolls around in absorbs into his skin and muscles, just like human skin absorbs things, but his muscles are made to store toxins. Read this entire page for all the dirty details)

http://www.realtruth.org/articles/263-apt.html

Much insight into the pig can be ascertained by how they are raised and what they will eat. Many have heard the expression, "you are what you eat," and what a pig will eat is shocking. We will also look at how pigs digest their food and how they differ from many other meats.

A pig’s digestive system—unlike a cow’s—is not designed to filter toxins from its system. These toxins work their way through the pig and are deposited in the animal’s flesh—especially in its fat deposits. The pig itself is actually able to sustain very high levels of toxins in its system. As such, it can eat just about anything. So much so that it has actually been reported that in an effort to keep feed costs down, pig farmers will purchase garbage, such as rotting meat and vegetables from restaurants, to feed their pigs—and the pigs can be sustained on it. However, there is nothing in the pig’s digestive system, or the processing of the meat, that removes these toxins.
__________________________

I'm looking for the stuff on unscaled, unfinned fishs. That takes longer to find. Not much on the net about this, but it's out there. Can't believe I'm wasting my time to show you something that's widely known... Oh well...

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #24 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 05:08 PM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
Can't believe I'm wasting my time to show you something that's widely known... Oh well...
Widely known? Dude, you are a nut! Not one thing that you posted backs up any of the stuff I was telling you was bs.

You didn't post anything that refers to the "magical 8th day for circumcisions", other than your own bs banter. Show me where "medical science" claims that to be the case. That's what you said earlier.

And you basically proved yourself wrong on the pig thing. You said that it's unhealthy to eat pork because the mud and stuff gets into their muscle fibers. Still, all you posted was something that said you should cook it longer because they eat bad. That doesn't equate to being unhealthy to eat.

Pork in general isn't particularly unhealthy. If you eat tons of fatty ham or bacon, that's one thing, but pork being pork does not make the meat itself "toxic" or unhealthy because of what they eat or because of what they roll around in. Same goes for catfish. Do you realize what chickens eat? Turkeys? How about scaled fish, other seafood, etc? Have any idea what goes into fertilizing the soil that fruits and vegetables are grown in? By your twisted logic, why aren't all of these things considered "unhealthy"? And you do realize that almost all animals, including humans, have parasites, right?

I can't believe you wasted all that time typing or copying and pasting all that crap that doesn't have a thing to do with the bs you've been spewing. You are as nutty as a squirrel turd.
jluv is offline  
post #25 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-11-2007, 07:11 PM
PAN
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Under a rock
Posts: 20,154
And in comes jluv for the reality check...
Fox466 is offline  
post #26 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluv
Widely known? Dude, you are a nut! Not one thing that you posted backs up any of the stuff I was telling you was bs.

You didn't post anything that refers to the "magical 8th day for circumcisions", other than your own bs banter. Show me where "medical science" claims that to be the case. That's what you said earlier.

And you basically proved yourself wrong on the pig thing. You said that it's unhealthy to eat pork because the mud and stuff gets into their muscle fibers. Still, all you posted was something that said you should cook it longer because they eat bad. That doesn't equate to being unhealthy to eat.

Pork in general isn't particularly unhealthy. If you eat tons of fatty ham or bacon, that's one thing, but pork being pork does not make the meat itself "toxic" or unhealthy because of what they eat or because of what they roll around in. Same goes for catfish. Do you realize what chickens eat? Turkeys? How about scaled fish, other seafood, etc? Have any idea what goes into fertilizing the soil that fruits and vegetables are grown in? By your twisted logic, why aren't all of these things considered "unhealthy"? And you do realize that almost all animals, including humans, have parasites, right?

I can't believe you wasted all that time typing or copying and pasting all that crap that doesn't have a thing to do with the bs you've been spewing. You are as nutty as a squirrel turd.
You obviously didn't read that page I posted about pigs. The pig's digestive track is where there toxins soak into. The pig's stomach is the reason it's not a clean mean, because its stomach doesn't filter out toxins and parasites like animals such as cows. I told you I got skin and stomach mixed up, because I haven't read that stuff since I was a kid, over 20 years ago. I proved fully that pig's meat is not nearly as healthy as the other meats, hence the reason you must cook it longer to kill all of the toxins that soak into the muscles through the digestive track, which is exactly what that article said that I posted. You read the first part of the article, maybe one or two paragraphs, then you stopped reading. And, as I said, just like humans soak in toxins through their skin and into their muscles, pigs do the same thing. So yes, pig's skin is similar to ours and does soak up toxins. Catfish are similar and are bottom feeders. They have bad digestive tracks and their meat is not as healthy as other meats. Go look up studies on catfish and pork as opposed to other meats and the nutritional facts. My natural doctor won't even eat pork because of how unhealthy the meat is, and says it has nothing to do with religious reasons.

I know exactly what chickens eat, but chickens have a digestive track that is great for filtering out toxins, which is why they are healthy.

Personally, I eat whatever the heck I want. But I do try to eat somewhat healthy, though.

You'll notice something very special about every animal called unclean in the Bible. They all have digestive tracks that are not good for filtering toxins, so their meat takes on more toxins than other animals.

You'll also notice that the animals that are called clean in the Bible have very good digestive systems and the FDA deems them as more healthy meats. In fact, Chicken is one of the more quality meats according to the FDA. Why? Their digestive track filters well.

And I will not respond to your posts anymore, because you clearly do not research anything for yourself, and you have little to no knowledge of the things being discussed here. You sound as if you're a young kid, barely out of high school that is very upset with the someone showing proof of a God, and you resent them for for it so you are going to do everything in your power to make them look bad. You are full of pride and arrogance, and I will not waste my time on you.

Besides, I've already disproven every statement you've thrown out, and you have not once successfully disproven anything I've said so far, especially since the prophecies in my other thread cannot be refuted or disproven due to statistical impossibility.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #27 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 03:14 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox466
And in comes jluv for the reality check...
In comes jluv to show complete ignorance of any of these subjects.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
BrianC is offline  
post #28 of 28 (permalink) Old 12-12-2007, 04:26 PM
yes, jluv
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 17,073
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianC
In comes jluv to show complete ignorance of any of these subjects.
LOL. Whatever you say dude. What's really strange is that I have been raised around very staunch Christians my entire life. My mom's side of the family is full of Southern Baptists. I spent my childhood years in church every Sunday. I am not anti-God or anti-Jesus, so if you think that's where my motives come from, you're wrong. Anyway, NONE of the Christians I know, even the ones I would consider "freakishly religious" talk like you. The stuff you're spewing sounds more like a bunch of witch doctor crap than typiocal Jesus freak crap. It's not the bible stuff that I'm referring to, but the other parts where you try to make outlandish claims and throw stuff out there as if it's scientific fact. Oh, and I'm still amazed that you posted that crap about your wife seeing a demon and you hearing voices, thinking that anyone here buys one word of what you're saying. If you truly believe half of the things you've said, then you need help. Not God help, but psychiatric help.
jluv is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome