Thinking out loud #2 - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Thinking out loud #2

So I have been hearing a lot about the Bible and how it makes "no sense" and it is unreadable etc...
Once again I have to disagree.

Like anything which is complex and rich you must study it!
Hell, I don't go pick up a quantim physics book and read throught noding my head all the while...no....I must study it...pull it apart...work through it etc...

Onions people, onions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-26-2007, 10:49 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

I think the "makes no sense" part comes from people just too lazy to actually pay attention and read it. The language isn't modern, but it's not foreign either.

What I find more interesting is two people can take the same bible, and come away with wholly different feelings about it. One believes, the other does not.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 11:19 AM
ebay pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
I think the "makes no sense" part comes from people just too lazy to actually pay attention and read it. The language isn't modern, but it's not foreign either.

What I find more interesting is two people can take the same bible, and come away with wholly different feelings about it. One believes, the other does not.
Here we go again!!! Sounds like one from 2 years ago!

Was reading a King James bible and found this:

Jeremiah 10
1Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

2Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not

Scott

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 03:13 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
Here we go again!!! Sounds like one from 2 years ago!

Was reading a King James bible and found this:

Jeremiah 10
1Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

2Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not

Scott
I think you put this in the wrong one "Thinking Out Loud #3" is the one about the holidays.

DarkWolf
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 05:39 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf

I completely agree.

I play guitar. I own a $3k Limited Edition Acoustic.

Take me in the beginning of learning to play and take me now the experienced player.....two different people.

The me in the beginning would have looked at the price on my current guitar, looked at it, played it and put it down. Then tried a $300 guitar and would have been just as happy.
I had no experience...I wasn't able to recognize the difference but in price.

But take me now...experienced...I have an understanding of how the guitar is made...I recognize the diff. in the beautiful wood, the bindings, the inlays and the visual accents.
And when I pick it up oh wow...I am able to appreciate the beautiful tone...recognize each note...each overtone...the blatant diff. in sound..
My ear is trained...

I could never go back...oh how experience can change everything.

You can apply this to many things in life...Art, History, Women..

On a side note if I had walked into that guitar room with the notion that I would ever be able to learn how 2 play I would have pick up the guitar, fiddled around, and left.

Same goes for reading the bible, if you go into with negative notion you we only see what you want...you want be able to see what is there.

Last edited by SVT93Style; 11-27-2007 at 05:52 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-27-2007, 06:11 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Absolutely agreed. One cannot just skim the surface and have a full understanding.

Which is what makes the dichotomy so much more interesting.

DarkWolf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement