I really hope no one here sends money to these Jerks - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 09:04 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

I really hope no one here sends money to these Jerks

I don't get it, someone sits infront of a camera, says they hear God and people are STUPID enough to send them money??? I really hope it's no one reading this.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...1e4809a1b.html

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 09:13 PM
Time Served

Wow, yeah...i don't follow those particular ministries. Faith healing, while possible, is kind of hands off for me. I guess you could say I am not Charismatic. I do, however, believe God can and does heal people. I just have no experience with that type of display. Although it's probably fine, that shoe just doesn't fit.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
BELIEVE, IT'S TIME!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastback
Wow, yeah...i don't follow those particular ministries. Faith healing, while possible, is kind of hands off for me. I guess you could say I am not Charismatic. I do, however, believe God can and does heal people. I just have no experience with that type of display. Although it's probably fine, that shoe just doesn't fit.
Hitting someone across the head, making them feel like a "power of healing is pushing them down" is just plain Dumb.

That being said, that'll be $5 please.

"The Pill": Helping control the Educated Population since 1960

Improve America's Education System: Have the High School Drop Outs Spayed and Neutered.

Stupid and Lazy breeds more Stupid and Lazy.

"Democracy is the worst form of government, except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." - Sir Winston Churchill

The DFWStangs Political Forum: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Needs 8
Hitting someone across the head, making them feel like a "power of healing is pushing them down" is just plain Dumb.

That being said, that'll be $5 please.
LOL
Yeah, unless it's true. It looks fake especially when that Hinn guy does it. I doubt real healings are "hitting someone across the head" but that's just me.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 01:44 PM
lol, this place sucks now

crooks
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 03:59 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr
I would hope real healing doesn't go that way.

I used to feel like I had a purpose thru a sort of healing. I always felt like a sponge towards other people's pains, of any kind. I still absorb their pains, but I have since thought of it as empathy more than anything else.
Wow! That is a spiritual gift.

THE GIFTS OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
1 Corinthians 12:4-141 Corinthians 12:27-30Romans 12:6-8Ephesians 4:11
  • Word of Wisdom
  • Word of Knowledge
  • Faith
  • Healings
  • Working of miracles
  • Prophecy
  • Discernment of spirits
  • Speaking in tongues
  • Interpretation of tongues
  • Apostles
  • Prophets
  • Teachers
  • Miracles
  • Healings
  • Helps
  • Administrations
  • Varieties of tongues
  • Prophecy
  • Ministry
  • Teaching
  • Exhortation
  • Giving
  • Leading
  • Showing mercy
  • Apostles
  • Prophets
  • Evangelists
  • Pastors and teachers*
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 04:54 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffrazr
Depends on how you want to look at it. I'm not a fan of all the pain I end up with on a constant basis. At one point in time I was completely dependant on pain killers. In that light it is a curse.

On the other hand, I do exercise more to keep my body in check to some degree.

I don't get to choose when I absorb this pain. Not so cool.

I could probably find way more negatives than positives, so I'm not exactly looking at it as a gift to me. I would say it is a gift to whoever the pain belongs to. I had a friend with MS, and he was in a lot of pain. I would go see him to help him with his pains. He would feel better, I would suck it up, and leave hurting. He didn't know I was hurting, but he knew I helped him. He ended up burning a bridge and we are no longer freinds, however, his pains still linger with me. I have no idea if he is still in pain.

I get my wife's pains instead of her. I get the same pains as my dad without us talking about them.

I am not a fan of all this pain. Before you suggest it, I have tried asking for it to be taken away. No bueno. I can guess that you're next response will be: Have you accepted Jesus? Not really. I don't like depending on anything else, which is why I despise pain killers. We'll see if that's my downfall.
Yeah, I don't like depending on anything like pain killers either. Actually, it was cigarettes for me. I got sick of them ruling me. I would fantasize about not having them and being forced to quit on not my terms. I hated being someplace wanting to leave so I could go smoke. Like "Europe, I can't handle the flight !". I worked in a "Christian" setting and felt shame and resent because I was having to leave to smoke. True bondage. I have a friend on methadone right now because of vicodin turn heroin. So sad, what a waste. All her teeth are gone and she is FAT. Used to be pretty too. Now a slave to the drug. She has become a drug seeking machine.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 09:48 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastback
Check out this book sometime by Henry W. Write called A More Excellent Way. Website is www.beinhealth.com. The guy went through pre-med with a minor in psychology, then ends up becoming a pastor (his dad was a pastor). He came to the same conclusion I came to years ago about sin is what caused Adam and Eve to die, and therefore, sin has something to do with disease. 50% of the times Jesus heals people, he doesn't say "you're healed." Instead, He says, "Your sins are forgiven. Go and sin no more," then they're healed suddenly. The sin being forgiven and gotten out of the person healed them. The Jews believed that sin caused disease and things like blindness back then, because they asked Jesus about a blind man in one verse by saying, "Who sinned that this man is blind, his mother or his father?" Jesus answered, "Neither. This man is blind so that God's glory can be shown." So, it wasn't sin in this guy's case, but that guy was blind from brith because God wanted to show His glory by healing the guy. It's not cruel, because the guy never knew what it was to see, so he was used to it. But he was eternally greatful when he gained sight, though.

In this book, the guy says he went through tons of medical journals to see what all of the psychological causes are for diseases. Substitute the word Psychological for Spiritual. He noticed that many psychological things are credited as causes for diseases by doctors, but they never place importance on it. They credit something else with it, like genetics. If sin is passed down through our father like the Bible says, then genetics has a whole new meaning, at least to some degree. All doctors agree that stress cause MAJOR health problems. But stress is just something "in your head," right? Psychological? But it's the cause of major sicknesses like cancer. Stress causes the body's pH balance to go hard acidic.

All cancer patients have one thing in common: acidic pH in their body. Cancer requires an acidic pH in the body in order to grow and survive. When you destress, it lowers your pH toward alkalinity, and when you eat foods that are alkaline, it does this as well, and helps destress you. Eventually, you can get your pH balance alkaline, and the body flushes out the cancer. Pretty simple. There's a Dr. Coldwell in German that has the highest success rate for curing cancer in Germany by using destressing techniques alone. Pretty impressive. But if you were to tell this stuff to the Cancer Society, they'd completely disregard it. Why? Because cancer is a big business. They get TONS of donations yearly, and only 40% of that money goes to research. The rest goes to the multi-billionair owner. That's sad...you'd think he'd want to cure cancer, not spend 60% of the donation money on himself. It's BIG business.

Anyway, back to my point... In A More Excellent Way, you'll see a big section of probably over a thousand testimonies about how these people gave up certain sins and suddenly their illnesses were gone. And that's just the testimonials he put in the book. There are tons more. He's been doing this ministry since the late 80's, I think. I've heard of at least one first hand account of this happening to someone my mother knows, and it was sort of by accident. It's interesting. When I looked up the medical issues I have, they were associated with exactly the spiritual issues I have with sin. Same with my mother and same with my wife. Pretty interesting how that works out. Check it out sometime.

Oh, and as for the real deal with God healing people, you should check out a very non-flashy guy named Andrew Wommack. www.awmi.net

He's the most low key teacher/speaker you'll meet, and is very down to earth. I've seen him in person, and regardless of the message he teaches about, he always asks people to come up at the end of a sermon if they want to be healed. I've seen people around Lewisville at churches get healed by God, and these were not plants. They were locals that've always gone to the church and had known problems for years by the members. For instance, one little boy had no eardrum. Andrew thought the kid just couldn't hear in one ear and he's praying for healing and it's not working. Andrew does it twice with no success, then says, "Wait, I get the feeling we're praying for the wrong thing. He asks the mother the problem and she says he's got no eardrum." Andrew says, "Oh, we don't need healing, we need a miracle." So he prays for an eardrum, and the kid can suddenly hear. I'm standing there almost right next to the kid when it happens, and he really could suddenly hear. The people at the church know him well and know he's def in one ear. Now, they say he's not.

One girl was sick with an unknown disease for five years, and Andrew comes to her house, non-chelantly, and prays for healing and she's healed. She'd been bedridden for 6 months up to that point. She lives in Lewisville and everyone in the church knows her. Bad disease that took hold of her, but she's a major witness for Jesus now. There's a video about this on Andrew's website.

http://www.awmi.net/extra/healing/niki

Watch that video. Very inspiring. It's interviews with the family after the healing. Andrew didn't know anything about this girl or her condition. He just came in and prayed for healing and left. He said he just expects people to be healed now when he prays for them unless their unbelief is too strong. It's normal to him. He claims he has no gift for healing, but that he's just using his authority in Christ over sickness when he prays for healing. Real good teacher. His audio archives are great. They're on the website sorted by subject matter and in 15 minute incriments.

- Brian
1992 Taurus SHO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement