DFW Mustang Forums banner

DNA and Protein

968 views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Casper 
#1 ·
"One of the most important discoveries of the twentieth century was the discovery of the DNA molecule. It has had a powerful effect on biological research. It has also brought quandary and confusion to evolutionary scientists. If they cared to admit the full implications of DNA, it would also bring total destruction to their theory."

http://www.godrules.net/evolutioncruncher/c08.htm

#4 ·
It's old news that subtle changes in DNA change the host organism. Sometimes the change causes deformities, cancer or other defects that can lead to death.

Other times the change can cause unusual size, or changes in musculature, or improved eyesight, etc. Those organisms thrive and reproduce,likely passing on the change.

Man has been manipulating DNA for centuries via selective breeding. A thousand years ago, there were only 4-5 breeds of dogs, now you have hundreds.

Scott

#5 ·
I'd like to ask a preacher what they know about DNA. I still don't see how it "couldn't be produced by random chance." I know it's hard for christians to imagine processes that take more than 8,000 years but one day they're just gonna have to accept the fact that evolution is real.

#6 ·
The brain can change it's own DNA, as shown by one of the Dallas medical research institutions. Eastern (Chinese) meditation masters have also shown changed DNA under/afetr meditaion.

What is the relationship of the working process of the brain, DNA, and Quantum Physics?

#10 ·
Explain to me how you can compare built-in history and quantum theory. Quantum theory suggests that all matter is made up of energy slowed to a certain vibration. Built-in history is a stretch proposed by christians that god made time before time was made. Which makes no sense.

#13 ·
poopnut2 said:
Explain to me how you can compare built-in history and quantum theory. Quantum theory suggests that all matter is made up of energy slowed to a certain vibration. Built-in history is a stretch proposed by christians that god made time before time was made. Which makes no sense.
Because time is only existant to us.

#14 ·
FSON said:
Is there the possibility that, within the concept of Quantum Theory, time is not linear so history and creation do not exist but are all within the present.
There are some radical new ideas being floated about time right now.

There are also some very strong arguments against string theory too. We truly live in an age of wonder.

#15 · (Edited)
FSON said:
Is there the possibility that, within the concept of Quantum Theory, time is not linear so history and creation do not exist but are all within the present.
Einstein established that time is NOT linear, that time slows in the presence of gravity. The stronger the gravity, the greater the slowing of time. And it's been proven by experiments on earth. Space isn't linear either, since gravity warps it.

And even the bible has hints that time is not linear...at least in how man views it and God views. I can't remenber were it is, but there is a Biblical passage that states "a day with God is a thousand years to man".

But I don't buy the built in history theory. If God created the universe 6000 years ago, why would he "build in" billions of years of history? That's about as lame as the "intelligent design" stuff.

Scott

#17 · (Edited)
*Post Ressurection*

I found this part funny:
The lightning hit the dirty water and made living creatures complete with DNA. They not only had their complete genetic code, but they were also immediately able to eat, digest food, move about, perform enzymatic and glandular functions, and all the rest.

Instantly, they automatically knew how to produce additional cells, and their DNA began dividing (cells must continually replenish themselves or the creature quickly dies), their cells began making new ones, and every new cell could immediately do the myriad of functions that the first creature, an amoeba, can and must do.

That same stroke of lightning made both a male and a female pair and their complete digestive, respiratory, and circulatory organs. It provided them with complete ability to produce offspring and they in turn more offspring. That same stroke of lightning also made their food, with all its own DNA, male and female pairs, etc., etc.
Don't buy into things that are so willing to lie to you and skim over very intricate details. Anyone willing to oversimplify things so extremely is obviously doing so just to make an argument. We have several nucleic acid, protein, and organism models today that indicate very differently than they above "story". About every other argument in there is a flat out lie. The others are gross bastardizations. Take it for what it's worth.

#18 ·
White trash wagon said:
But I don't buy the built in history theory. If God created the universe 6000 years ago, why would he "build in" billions of years of history?
To question your faith.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.