Recommend a good church in the Dallas area? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-03-2005, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Recommend a good church in the Dallas area?

Me: I like the large, non-denominational church with contemporary worship services where they sing popular christian songs like Third Day, Mercy Me, Jeremy Camp, ect.

Wife: She likes ultra conservative, no musical instruments, church of christ denominations.

Can anyone reccomend a good church on either side of the house?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 02:51 PM
98 SVT Cobra

I understand that Celebration Covenant in Frisco is pretty good. I have heard the pastor before and he is a great teacher.

http://www.celebrationcovenant.com/

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 06:45 PM Thread Starter

Great! I will check it out and it looks like there is something similar in Carrolton. We will probably end up living in Carrolton or Farmer's Branch. Possibly even Irving or Dallas...

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-04-2005, 11:45 PM
98 SVT Cobra

If your talking about Covenant Church in Carrollton then yes, it is similar. That is the church that my family and I go to. Celebration Covenant is a "sister" church so to speak. We are moving out to McKinney this week so we may start going out to Celebration.

Another good one is out in Grapevine, Fellowship Church. Ed Young is the pastor out there, another great teacher with very contemporary services.

http://www.fellowshipchurch.com/

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 07:56 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickerStang
Me: I like the large, non-denominational church with contemporary worship services where they sing popular christian songs like Third Day, Mercy Me, Jeremy Camp, ect.

Wife: She likes ultra conservative, no musical instruments, church of christ denominations.

Can anyone reccomend a good church on either side of the house?
Wow sounds like yall are on opposite ends, That will be tough to find 1 place you can both worship at. As far a C of C she will like Josey Ln C of C. Cant help you on the other.

Last edited by shrp88lx's; 07-06-2005 at 08:12 AM.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

Thats cool. We just put in an app on a house in Carrolton today so I need to find where those churches are at. We are right off Josey. Actually it is Frankfort which is right off Josey. I am still getting to know the area since we just moved here. Yes, we are on complete opposite sides of the spectrum. She is really liking popular christian music now so I am hoping to turn her a bit. Since they dont really have a church of christ that her church is in fellowship with, I think she might end up going where I go so long as I can work her in slowly. That would be great. We have been going to seperate churches for the last year or so. It has worked out ok but we both want to be with each other...
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-10-2005, 08:02 PM

Faith Family Fellowship in oak cliff the pastor is Gene lewis and it is a non-denominational church
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 03:59 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Blown98_GT
Try your Closet. Supposedly, Your God listens to you more there and prefers to hear you in Seclusion. Read the Fu*^&ng Bible.........It says that Gathering in mass to worship is Wrong and like cattle going to feed at the Pond..........all you get afterwards is Piles of Shit and Holes in the ground.............Churches destroy the beautiful landscape with parking lots and Bricks.
My closet is too hot. Where does it say in the bible that gathering in mass worship is wrong? I can think of a few verses that say something along the lines of

"where 2 or 3 worhip, there I will be also"

"gather all of your family and friends and worship in one building, not dividing up"
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 10:18 PM
Time Served

Smile K

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Blown98_GT
Try your Closet. Supposedly, Your God listens to you more there and prefers to hear you in Seclusion. Read the Fu*^&ng Bible.........It says that Gathering in mass to worship is Wrong and like cattle going to feed at the Pond..........all you get afterwards is Piles of Shit and Holes in the ground.............Churches destroy the beautiful landscape with parking lots and Bricks.

I move to ban TK_Blown98_GT from the theology corner.
All in favor....
No, no...I'm just kiding.

You must really get a life though. I have never seen such ignorance since I have been on this site. You must be very miserable....so let me get this straight. You read the bible, but only with the mindset of trying to find things you can twist to boast you opinion, you come into this site and willingly enter a theology discussion board just to flame people for their beliefs.
Speak when spoken to, no one was talking to you. Take your hate and reflect on what your doing.
I will pray for you, and I hope all who you have stomped on do the same.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 10:23 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT93Style
All in favor....

You must really get a life though. I have never seen such ignorance since I have been on this site. You must be very miserable....so let me get this straight. You read the bible, but only with the mindset of trying to find things you can twist to boast you opinion, you come into this site and willingly enter a theology discussion board just to flame people for their beliefs.Speak when spoken to, no one was talking to you. Take your hate and reflect on what your doing.
add him to the list of all the others here!!!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Time Served

agreed

Agreed, but all we can do is pray for them. For we were all blind at one point, but now can see....just pray for him and the others.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Agreed, but all we can do is pray for them. For we were all blind at one point, but now can see....just pray for him and the others.
Very good response. I wish I had this type of self control...
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

So I went to Valley View Christian Church today because my wife suggested. It is only a few blocks from our house. We showed up about 10 minutes late and we only ended up staying for another 10 minutes. That place sucked. If you are old and only want to go to church to say you went to church then by all means go there. Then we tried to see if we could catch the tail end of the service at the Josey Lane Church of Christ because my wife has gone to a Church of Christ her whole life. Their services start at 9:45am. That is crazy. Every other church of christ had services at the same time 10:30. Anyways, the building looked really old and run down. Probably would be a great church for my wife since she is used to going to churches of christ where the average age is over 70.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-24-2005, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 427' cobra
Faith Family Fellowship in oak cliff the pastor is Gene lewis and it is a non-denominational church
Tell me more. Do you go there?
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 12:28 PM
African Booty Scratcher

fellowship

the wife and i live in carrollton also, off 35 and hebron. try felllowship. its only 8miles form the house. its more of the contemporary service than traditional. 2 services on sat evening, 2 on sunday morning and also a service on the first weds of the month. they have a lot to offer.

by the way why it this tk douchbag in the theology forum???

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2005, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS
the wife and i live in carrollton also, off 35 and hebron. try felllowship. its only 8miles form the house. its more of the contemporary service than traditional. 2 services on sat evening, 2 on sunday morning and also a service on the first weds of the month. they have a lot to offer.

by the way why it this tk douchbag in the theology forum???

god bless.
I will do that. BTW Elvis. I hear you work out at the 24 hr fitness off Marsh. I might be joining up there in the next month or less and I need a workout partner...
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 01:09 AM
Long Live T.S.

Quote:
All in favor....

You must really get a life though. I have never seen such ignorance since I have been on this site. You must be very miserable....so let me get this straight. You read the bible, but only with the mindset of trying to find things you can twist to boast you opinion, you come into this site and willingly enter a theology discussion board just to flame people for their beliefs.
Speak when spoken to, no one was talking to you. Take your hate and reflect on what your doing.
just to let him know ..god does not want us to seperate from church by any means....yes he enjoys time with just you and him...but he created churches for a reason.....

You are members of God's very own family, citizens of God's country, and you belong in God's household with every other Christian.
Ephesians 2:19b(LB)

God's family is the church of the living God, the pillar and foundation of the truth.
I Timothy 3:15b(GWT)

Jesus said, "I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will no conquer it."
Matthew 16:18(NIV)

Christ Loved the church and gave his life for it.
Ephesians 5:25(GWT)

A spiritual gift is given to each of us as a means of helping the entire church.
I Corinthians 12:7(NLT)

And the most important one to mabye help this guy.

If you know people who have wandered off from God's truth, don't write them off. Go after them. Get them back.
James 5:19(MSG)

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 05:33 AM
African Booty Scratcher

24hr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickerStang
I will do that. BTW Elvis. I hear you work out at the 24 hr fitness off Marsh. I might be joining up there in the next month or less and I need a workout partner...
certainly check out the church, we really like it. as far as the gym, i go to the one off old denton and george bush speedway. by the walmart/ lowes. where do you live??

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-27-2005, 07:45 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELVIS
certainly check out the church, we really like it. as far as the gym, i go to the one off old denton and george bush speedway. by the walmart/ lowes. where do you live??

god bless.
I live in some aparments near Keller Springs and Marsh...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement