Scientology? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 05:25 PM Thread Starter
woof!

Scientology?

I have a few questions that I would like to ask, I know that I would get bashed for this but I just wanted to see what people thought about this.

1. If God created everything, who created God? Where did he come from?

2. Was God a person of human form or was he just a spirt?

3. People often question the Bible to be false, if so what proof do we have that states its not(physical,visual proof)?

4. I have seen many Bumper stickers, Church signs,etc. that say "Jesus is God" and "Jesus is our savor" "God is our savor", Who is our savor and why is Jesus called God, if in the Bible it says he is the son of God?

5. The Bible was written by man,is this correct? If so, how do we know that it is true words from God himself?

I ask these questions because these are question that were brought up in a conversation about Scientology.

Please feel free to reply with any information that you have, that would answer any of these questions.

FYI, I am a believer of Jesus and his Kingdom, but I'm also intrigued by these questions.

Thank you,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 05:47 PM
Lifer

That's a lot of questions. I do know that the "god" of scientology is Ronnie Hubbard. Between the two "religions", I'd probably go with the guy with all the apostles and stuff...

CHL holder and Conservative...AKA "Domestic Terrorist"
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 12:28 AM
Long Live T.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408stroked_stang
I have a few questions that I would like to ask, I know that I would get bashed for this but I just wanted to see what people thought about this.

1. If God created everything, who created God? Where did he come from?

2. Was God a person of human form or was he just a spirt?

3. People often question the Bible to be false, if so what proof do we have that states its not(physical,visual proof)?

4. I have seen many Bumper stickers, Church signs,etc. that say "Jesus is God" and "Jesus is our savor" "God is our savor", Who is our savor and why is Jesus called God, if in the Bible it says he is the son of God?

5. The Bible was written by man,is this correct? If so, how do we know that it is true words from God himself?

I ask these questions because these are question that were brought up in a conversation about Scientology.

Please feel free to reply with any information that you have, that would answer any of these questions.

FYI, I am a believer of Jesus and his Kingdom, but I'm also intrigued by these questions.

Thank you,
1. God was and has always been .....humans can not truely understand forever

2. God is neither man or spirt he is GOD the one and only...

3. I do not know if their is any...But it is all about faith man.... do you really need physical proof?

4. Hard to understand but Jesus is god in human form..they are one in the same...mind blowing I know

5. In the Bible it says that god used man to write his words ....

edit: for god 3

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 08:01 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWminis
Which is what one might call Circular Reasoning. "Man wrote the Bible, and the Bible says God told man to write his word, therefore the Bible is God's true word."

If I write a book that claims God told me to write it, by your logic, are you going to then believe everything I write in my book? 'Cause God told me to write it... it says so in my book, so it must be true.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 12:15 AM
Long Live T.S.

God is all about faith in him and his abilities....

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
Which is what one might call Circular Reasoning. "Man wrote the Bible, and the Bible says God told man to write his word, therefore the Bible is God's true word."

If I write a book that claims God told me to write it, by your logic, are you going to then believe everything I write in my book? 'Cause God told me to write it... it says so in my book, so it must be true.
Read from the Bible the books Mathew, mark, Luke and john. All of these books were written by different people at different times yet are very similar. Do you think different people would write a similar book if it were all lies. All four books tell about miracles that Jesus performed. The first three tell most of his life story and all correspond with each other. These books were written over roughly thirty-five years and would seem to be a huge coincidence if not sent by God.

Have you ever played the game where you whisper something in a friends ear, your friend whispers the same thing in his friends ear and so on, until everyone has been told the secret. In the end of the game the secret is never even close to the same secret that was originally told. The secret starts out “Joe loves Jane” and at the end of the game the secret changes to “bananas are blue”. I know this isn’t proof that the Bible is true, but the entire Bible has the same message from front to back. The Bible took over a thousand years to write and the secret is the same from the beginning to the end.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 01:48 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black90gt5.0
Read from the Bible the books Mathew, mark, Luke and john. All of these books were written by different people at different times yet are very similar. Do you think different people would write a similar book if it were all lies. All four books tell about miracles that Jesus performed. The first three tell most of his life story and all correspond with each other. These books were written over roughly thirty-five years and would seem to be a huge coincidence if not sent by God.

Have you ever played the game where you whisper something in a friends ear, your friend whispers the same thing in his friends ear and so on, until everyone has been told the secret. In the end of the game the secret is never even close to the same secret that was originally told. The secret starts out “Joe loves Jane” and at the end of the game the secret changes to “bananas are blue”. I know this isn’t proof that the Bible is true, but the entire Bible has the same message from front to back. The Bible took over a thousand years to write and the secret is the same from the beginning to the end.
Well... if you want to get nitty gritty, of the 4 books you mentioned, only John has the whole "I'm the way the truth, and the life, and only through me shall you reach heaven/the father" quote that Christians seem to latch onto. In Mathew, Mark, and Luke, Jesus is quoted as saying "with man, this is impossible, but with God all things are possible" shortly after his disciples asked who can be saved. He's also quoted as saying "Why call me good? There is none good but one, that is God", which would seem to indicate Jesus is saying he and God are not one and the same.

This is exactly your analogy of the telephone game, as quoted from the Bible. The 4 books, are 4 disiples that were with Jesus at the same time. It's their 4 seperate accounts of what they witnessed during their time with Jesus.

You hear about the recent finding that the whole "devils mark" of 666 was misread/misinterpreted? 616 is what they're now saying is the correct mark of the beast.

OOPS!

DarkWolf
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 08:45 AM
Banned

heard about this site this morning on the radio. http://www.xenu.com/ seems to be trying to get the word out on scientology and how its actually bad for people.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Well... if you want to get nitty gritty, of the 4 books you mentioned, only John has the whole "I'm the way the truth, and the life, and only through me shall you reach heaven/the father" quote that Christians seem to latch onto. In Mathew, Mark, and Luke, Jesus is quoted as saying "with man, this is impossible, but with God all things are possible" shortly after his disciples asked who can be saved. He's also quoted as saying "Why call me good? There is none good but one, that is God", which would seem to indicate Jesus is saying he and God are not one and the same.
I never said every book in the Bible is identical. I said that the gospels all correspond with each other. All of them tell about Jesus, the way he lived his life and the miracles he performed.

Quote:
This is exactly your analogy of the telephone game, as quoted from the Bible. The 4 books, are 4 disiples that were with Jesus at the same time. It's their 4 seperate accounts of what they witnessed during their time with Jesus.
The game I talked about before was in a different paragraph and not comparing just the four books but the whole Bible.

OOPS!
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 11:11 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by black90gt5.0
The game I talked about before was in a different paragraph and not comparing just the four books but the whole Bible.

OOPS!
Regardless, it still applies to the 4 books. If it applies to the 4 books, then it opens up the possibility that it applies to other parts of the bible as well.

DarkWolf
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Regardless, it still applies to the 4 books. If it applies to the 4 books, then it opens up the possibility that it applies to other parts of the bible as well.
Yes it does apply to the four books also. Why would you confirm what I am arguing? My whole point is if God didn’t write the bible through man there would be no consistency. If men were making up a religion and it took 1400 years to write there would be a lot of discrepancies.(like the game)
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 06:39 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

If you'd like to cite a specific example of this mass discrepency happening in other works, I'd be glad to look into it. It seems to me though, that if multiple authors of something as trivial as comic books or science fiction novels, can span multiple years, and multiple volumes, and branching storylines... all without contradicting earlier work... that it just might be possible for this same phenomenon to occur over thousands of years, given that accurate records of the earlier work(s) are kept, especially on something as important as "The Word of God".

It's easy to misunderstand the spoken word... quite a bit more difficult to see written text laid out before you, and yet still misunderstand, or misinterpret it. As in the case with the 4 gospels, these were written down years after Jesus' death, from memories of spoken words. They basically corrospond with each other, but there are discrepencies, minor as they may be. How many other books of the Bible were written down years after the events of which they speak have occured, written down from memories, or *gasp* stories handed down through generations as spoken words with no concrete written records to verify against? Most of the old testament maybe? Most of the new testament maybe?

Whether God commisioned men to write these stories or not, they were still written by man. Unless you have some proof otherwise, that God actually put ink to parchment, the words were written by man. And man, as we all know, is most certainly not infallible.

DarkWolf
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 07:08 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Right off hand I can think of two instances where God actually wrote: the 10 Commandments and the writing on the wall mentioned in Daniel 5. Beyond that, all the words were written by man as they were inspired to do so by God. It is a matter of faith as to whether a person believes the bible is the true word of God, nothing can change that. If a person wants proof he is not gonna get it. I personally believe every word to be accurate and true. Maybe not the KJV, NIV, or whatever but the original documents that we have at our disposal for translation is the true word of God.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 10:29 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by 408stroked_stang

https://dfwstangs.net/forums/attachme...chmentid=11156
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 11:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
1. God was and has always been .....humans can not truely understand forever

2. God is neither man or spirt he is GOD the one and only...

3. I do not know if their is any...But it is all about faith man.... do you really need physical proof?

4. Hard to understand but Jesus is god in human form..they are one in the same...mind blowing I know

edit: for god 3
1. Good answer, what "created" god? God.

2. Also a good answer. What is god? God is god.

3. Physical proof would be nice. Especially since the bible has been retranslated so many times.

4. Scapegoat.

5. Man exaggerates what he is told when telling someone else.
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 06-30-2005, 03:48 PM

John 20:27-29
"Then he said to Thomas, 'Put your finger here and see my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don't be faithless any longer. Believe!' 'My Lord and my God!' Thomas exclaimed. Then Jesus told him, 'You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who haven't seen me and believe anyway.'
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00BOLT
John 20:27-29
"Then he said to Thomas, 'Put your finger here and see my hands. Put your hand into the wound in my side. Don't be faithless any longer. Believe!' 'My Lord and my God!' Thomas exclaimed. Then Jesus told him, 'You believe because you have seen me. Blessed are those who haven't seen me and believe anyway.'
Bible - Believe without question, or burn in hell for eternity.

Nazi Germany - Believe without question, or die.

The bible is too dictatorial.
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 02:27 PM
Long Live T.S.

no man that is called faith not dictatorship

faith ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fth)
n.
Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief. See Synonyms at trust.
Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
often Faith Christianity. The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.
A set of principles or beliefs.

post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-01-2005, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
no man that is called faith not dictatorship

faith ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fth)
n.
Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
Belief that does not rest on logical proof or material evidence. See Synonyms at belief. See Synonyms at trust.
Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one's supporters.
often Faith Christianity. The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God's will.
The body of dogma of a religion: the Muslim faith.
A set of principles or beliefs.
Yeah, and if you don't believe in God or Jesus without question, you burn in hell.

You didn't agree with Hitler...you were killed.
post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-02-2005, 09:59 PM
98 SVT Cobra

God asks that you believe in Him and allow Him to work through you. A dictator forces his beliefs on you and controls your actions.

God knows He is God, Hitler thought he was a god.

Huge difference between God and Hitler.

BTW, no where does the bible state that you have to believe without question. I have tons of them.

A finite mind cannot comprehend the infinite.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 08:13 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
God asks that you believe in Him and allow Him to work through you. A dictator forces his beliefs on you and controls your actions.

God knows He is God, Hitler thought he was a god.
But if you don't believe in God, you go to hell. At least that's what the bible and churches say.

As for God knows he is God, of course. That's not what I was saying.
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-05-2005, 11:27 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
But if you don't believe in God, you go to hell. At least that's what the bible and churches say.

As for God knows he is God, of course. That's not what I was saying.
But no one forces you to believe, you have the freedom to make your own choice. God does not want people in His presence if they dont want to be there.

Disclaimer:
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-11-2005, 08:40 PM
Time Served

Even the devil believes in God! And I bet that all the poor souls in hell believe in God now and would have made different choices if they could! Which they may get a second chance.

All Jesus asks that you would open up to and accept him. You will then see that he is there and want to learn what it means to be a Christian.

BTW, no historical document has stood up to the test of time as the Bible has.
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 09:54 AM
Time Served

Storytelling.

I just want to put this out there since there seems to be some discussion on this point. The Bible was physically written by men, inspired by God, passed throught the generations by mouth and parchment.

It is important to understand the culture and the time period when digging around in this subject. Young Jewish boys spent there lifes preparing to become Rabbi's, if they couldn't "cut it" they had to get a trade....such as fishing, carpenter etc.....The young Jews would have to MEMORIZE the entire TORAH and the OLD TESTEMENT and recite it. Now, today, there is no way anyone could do this.....our memory isn't this way anymore....we rely on computer, pda, calenders etc....not them. So when the WORD was passed on you can assure is was accurate....the Jew's are God's chosen people, they were to pass on an deliver God's truth.

Why do you think when the SON OF MAN arrived he chose those that were in a trade.....not Rabbi's..? He wanted "clean slates" so to speak.... people who didn't think they had it all figured out.....
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 10:00 AM
Time Served

Storytelling.

I just want to put this out there since there seems to be some discussion on this point. The Bible was physically written by men, inspired by God, passed throught the generations by mouth and parchment.

It is important to understand the culture and the time period when digging around in this subject. Young Jewish boys spent there lifes preparing to become Rabbi's, if they couldn't "cut it" they had to get a trade....such as fishing, carpenter etc.....The young Jews would have to MEMORIZE the entire TORAH and the OLD TESTEMENT and recite it. Now, today, there is no way anyone could do this.....our memory isn't this way anymore....we rely on computer, pda, calenders etc....not them. So when the WORD was passed on you can assure is was accurate....the Jew's are God's chosen people, they were to pass on an deliver God's truth.

Why do you think when the SON OF MAN arrived he chose those that were in a trade.....not Rabbi's..? He wanted "clean slates" so to speak.... people who didn't think they had it all figured out.....
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 07:39 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT93Style
The young Jews would have to MEMORIZE the entire TORAH and the OLD TESTEMENT and recite it. Now, today, there is no way anyone could do this.....our memory isn't this way anymore....we rely on computer, pda, calenders etc....not them. So when the WORD was passed on you can assure is was accurate....
Oh, I'm sure if someone wanted to, they could memorize the entire bible word for word. Just because we don't have to, doesn't mean we can't.

But you've just proven my earlier point, about all these stories being passed down verbally, with no real written records. I can be assured each retelling was accurate? Maybe you're comfortable in that naiveté, but I'm not.

DarkWolf
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 10:39 PM
Time Served

K

Quote:
Oh, I'm sure if someone wanted to, they could memorize the entire bible word for word. Just because we don't have to, doesn't mean we can't.

But you've just proven my earlier point, about all these stories being passed down verbally, with no real written records. I can be assured each retelling was accurate? Maybe you're comfortable in that naiveté, but I'm not.

No real records......I dont even know where to begin with this comment. You really need to dig a bit deeper on the subject before you jump into a topic you obviously know nothing about, and that is fine but remember that before you try to insult me.

Here goes.
1. 5,000 copies of the New Test. manuscripts copied in Greek.
2. 10,000 in Latin.
3. 8000 more in languages such as Ethiopic, Slavic, and Armenian.
4. 2000 misc.

Total New Test. manuscripts = over 24,000 All say the same thing, with variation in spelling but 99.5% of these match up.
If I heard 25 people at the end of 30 games of Telephone games all saying "Jesus is Lord" I would figure this was the original statement.......When 24,000 manuscripts say virtually the same thing......well.
And that is just the New. Test.....don't even make me start on the Old Test.

Do some research. Don't listen to what other say or what you think you know....dig into yourself....Seek truth, and you will find it regardless of it holds up to your orignial opinion or teaches you something new. Truth at any angle, now matter, who or what says its can't change.
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-12-2005, 11:38 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
No real records......I dont even know where to begin with this comment. You really need to dig a bit deeper on the subject before you jump into a topic you obviously know nothing about, and that is fine but remember that before you try to insult me.

Here goes.
1. 5,000 copies of the New Test. manuscripts copied in Greek.
2. 10,000 in Latin.
3. 8000 more in languages such as Ethiopic, Slavic, and Armenian.
4. 2000 misc.

Total New Test. manuscripts = over 24,000 All say the same thing, with variation in spelling but 99.5% of these match up.
If I heard 25 people at the end of 30 games of Telephone games all saying "Jesus is Lord" I would figure this was the original statement.......When 24,000 manuscripts say virtually the same thing......well.
And that is just the New. Test.....don't even make me start on the Old Test.

Do some research. Don't listen to what other say or what you think you know....dig into yourself....Seek truth, and you will find it regardless of it holds up to your orignial opinion or teaches you something new. Truth at any angle, now matter, who or what says its can't change.
Not trying to insult you... those records you quote, were written down hundreds, sometimes thousands of years after the events of which they pertain... before that time they were passed down verbally, with no verifiable written records.

Translations after the fact, are irrelevant. They're translated from a written record, something that can be crosschecked and verified as an accurate translation (for the most part, though some language, even written, barriers still exist thus the ever present need to continually interpret/reinterpret). Accurate translation of what's written, doesn't imply accuracy of the original context.

As I said a few posts earlier... it's not hard to get it right, when the written word is right there in front of you. It's when it's passed from mouth to ear that things tend to get skewed/altered/distorted/misinterpreted.

Which is exactly how the stories of the bible were "preserved" until people started to write them down... hundreds, if not thousands of years after the stories happened.

Again, wasn't trying to insult you, just implying that to believe that just because Jewish people could once recite the Torah/OT, that the accuracy must be legit, is a bit naive. Again... they memorized written words, taken from thousands of years of spoken stories. Who's to say at some point in that thousands of years of the longest Telephone Game in history, that the original message wasn't misinterpreted... who's to say it wasn't intentionally altered along the way? You're welcome to believe the message was never altered in any way. I personally don't put that much faith in man when it comes to anything that could potentially raise a man (or a group) to seemingly unimaginable heights of power/influence. Greed can lead even the most devout "man of god" to do things quite uncharacteristic.

DarkWolf
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 10:19 AM

A leading Athiest apologist (someone who defends a belief) was in a debate with a Christian apologist, and the Athiest's best argument was, "If God really existed, why doesn't he throw down a CD that tells us he's real, maybe a DVD"

Yes Lord, please throw me down a CD of your latest hit, "Gotta have faith" remixed with a heavy metal twist.....
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-13-2005, 01:11 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattica
Yes Lord, please throw me down a CD of your latest hit, "Gotta have faith" remixed with a heavy metal twist.....
That'd be great, but I've never been a fan of George Micheal

DarkWolf
post #31 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 12:14 AM
Time Served

Dead Sea Scroll's

Quote:
Not trying to insult you... those records you quote, were written down hundreds, sometimes thousands of years after the events of which they pertain... before that time they were passed down verbally, with no verifiable written records.

Translations after the fact, are irrelevant. They're translated from a written record, something that can be crosschecked and verified as an accurate translation (for the most part, though some language, even written, barriers still exist thus the ever present need to continually interpret/reinterpret). Accurate translation of what's written, doesn't imply accuracy of the original context.

As I said a few posts earlier... it's not hard to get it right, when the written word is right there in front of you. It's when it's passed from mouth to ear that things tend to get skewed/altered/distorted/misinterpreted.

Which is exactly how the stories of the bible were "preserved" until people started to write them down... hundreds, if not thousands of years after the stories happened.

Again, wasn't trying to insult you, just implying that to believe that just because Jewish people could once recite the Torah/OT, that the accuracy must be legit, is a bit naive. Again... they memorized written words, taken from thousands of years of spoken stories. Who's to say at some point in that thousands of years of the longest Telephone Game in history, that the original message wasn't misinterpreted... who's to say it wasn't intentionally altered along the way? You're welcome to believe the message was never altered in any way. I personally don't put that much faith in man when it comes to anything that could potentially raise a man (or a group) to seemingly unimaginable heights of power/influence. Greed can lead even the most devout "man of god" to do things quite uncharacteristic.

Have you heard of the Dead Sea Scrolls? And there importance to this topic.
post #32 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 12:20 AM
Time Served

Dead Sea Scrolls

The scribes who copied the Old Testament would, after making an accurate copy of
an old manuscript destroy it; rather than have faded, torn, or poorly maintained
Scriptures read. This was to make sure that errors did not creep in.

This meant we only had post Tenth Century manuscripts of the Old Testament till the
discovery of the Dead Sea Scrolls. The Dead Sea Scrolls included most of the Old
Testament and is dated to the time of Jesus. This is a difference of over a thousand
years! The best part of all is that the oldest copies are basically the same as what we
have today.
post #33 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 12:56 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Have you heard of the Dead Sea Scrolls? And there importance to this topic.
Yes I have, and there's major debate as to their validity amongst the various Christian denominations. But still... they were written around the time of Jesus... there's about 5000+ years of biblical history before Jesus.

Quote:
The scribes who copied the Old Testament would, after making an accurate copy of
an old manuscript destroy it; rather than have faded, torn, or poorly maintained
Scriptures read. This was to make sure that errors did not creep in.
So errors didn't creep in... or so alterations were not noticed?

DarkWolf
post #34 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 02:19 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Yes I have, and there's major debate as to their validity amongst the various Christian denominations. But still... they were written around the time of Jesus... there's about 5000+ years of biblical history before Jesus.

So errors didn't creep in... or so alterations were not noticed?
1. What debate, I know of no debate please bring this to my attention.
2. I don't understand where your getting 5000 + yrs of biblical history before Jesus
The Old Testament books were written between 1400 BC and 430 BC. These books
were compiled into a collection called the “canon” about 300 years before the birth
of Christ.
3. So errors didn't creep in... or so alterations were not noticed?
I am not sure what you are saying here, can you clarify please.
(The only true errors found that I know of were when the Bilbe was translated in
the court of King James, which were caught and compared to original text's and
fixed)
4. Are you aware of the duty's of the scribes throughout history?
post #35 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-14-2005, 11:18 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
1. What debate, I know of no debate please bring this to my attention.
2. I don't understand where your getting 5000 + yrs of biblical history before Jesus
The Old Testament books were written between 1400 BC and 430 BC. These books
were compiled into a collection called the “canon” about 300 years before the birth
of Christ.
3. So errors didn't creep in... or so alterations were not noticed?
I am not sure what you are saying here, can you clarify please.
(The only true errors found that I know of were when the Bilbe was translated in
the court of King James, which were caught and compared to original text's and
fixed)
4. Are you aware of the duty's of the scribes throughout history?
1: www.google.com comes in handy :-/
2: Because the flood didn't happen in 1400BC. There's thousands of years of history written about in the bible, that took place long before the events were actually written down. The stories of those events were passed down through generations in the longest Telephone Game in history. There's 5000+ years of biblical history, prior to the birth of Christ.
3: It's exactly as I stated... were the original manuscripts destroyed so errors didn't creep in, or so alterations weren't noticed? Honestly... fear of worn out documents causing errors in the translation? I guess the 5000 year old egyptian hiroglyphs scribed on papyrus and stored in scroll cases that are still quite readable to this day (assuming you can read egyptian hiroglyphs) were just more important documents than say... the word of God?
4: Yeah. They're still men, regardless of their "duty".

DarkWolf
post #36 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 11:59 AM

Scientology is for Retarted ignorant morons who want to be "different" and want attention...........It is a baseless Religion.................It's for the weak and ignorant!
post #37 of 37 (permalink) Old 07-22-2005, 02:25 AM
Long Live T.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK_Blown98_GT
Scientology is for Retarted ignorant morons who want to be "different" and want attention...........It is a baseless Religion.................It's for the weak and ignorant!

so basically you are doing what scientoloy does.. come here and try to be different and bash us for our love of god....lol internet warrior WATCH OUT!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement