anyone else tired of reading the garbage? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 01:27 AM Thread Starter

anyone else tired of reading the garbage?

I know I will get bashed for this, but I am so tired of reading the trash on this site. Before anyone says "don't come here then", the corral doesn't allow profanity and the site will automatically edit the post with *'s. I dont think the corral is any less of a site for it either. I know people don't check this site for its religious information but come on. I am a Christian and I don't use profanity EVER. I don't mean that I don't usually cuss, I mean I never do. Have you ever heard what goes in must come out? So I sit here and read all of the filth and after a long period of time it just naturally wants to come out now. If there was some kind of filter that would be great but right now there isn't one that I know of.

Am I alone here or does anyone else agree?

BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS THREAD, PLEASE READ THE RULES FOR THIS FORUM. WHETHER YOU AGREE WITH ME OR NOT, THERE IS NO PROFANITY IN THIS FORUM. LET THE BASHING BEGIN.

Last edited by black90gt5.0; 08-12-2005 at 02:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 04:25 AM
you cant see me

i agree join the petetion we have against profanity on dfwstangs
post #3 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo95.0
is this suposed to be a joke? at the very begining of my post i stated "Before anyone says "don't come here then",". that isnt really the answer i was hoping to get. i can go back to posting at coral but since there is a local site that is almost identical (with the exception of profanity) why would i do that?

post #4 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 01:09 PM
you cant see me

Quote:
Originally Posted by black90gt5.0
is this suposed to be a joke? at the very begining of my post i stated "Before anyone says "don't come here then",". that isnt really the answer i was hoping to get. i can go back to posting at coral but since there is a local site that is almost identical (with the exception of profanity) why would i do that?
i dont know, is it funny? if you want the answer you are hoping to get, go somewhere else, its not going to happen here.
post #5 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 01:23 PM
v2004 rebooted.

So why don't you just stay on Corral? You know this website is an offshoot of it, right?
post #6 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
i dont know, is it funny? if you want the answer you are hoping to get, go somewhere else, its not going to happen here.
I'm sure no one thought banning nude pics would ever happen here either.

I know it has been said thousands of times and I thought they were wasting their breath at the time, but why cant this be a car enthusiast site? I stated earlier that this site is just like the corral but what I meant was the two are set up the same with similar forums. The corral is a car enthusiast site and dfwstangs is a ???

Donít treat me like I am just some stupid newbie. I am not bashing anyone or even preaching to anyone. As a matter of fact, this isn't just a religious problem. How about you go to work tomorrow and use the vulgar language with your boss or customers. Even better, go to your kids school and speak to his/her teacher or principle this way. It is inappropriate and unacceptable behavior in most situations.

I am not telling anyone what to do here; I am just voicing my opinion. I feel I have the right to let you guys know I think your language is at very least un-needed and sometimes disturbing.

Last edited by black90gt5.0; 06-26-2005 at 03:03 PM.
post #7 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
So why don't you just stay on Corral? You know this website is an offshoot of it, right?
It isn't like I just started posting here yesterday and I probably wont leave either. I know how this site works and I am not expecting to change it. I am not asking anyone else to leave. Why is that always the answer from everyone here "just leave"? This is why I said in my first post not to ask me to leave, I knew that is the first thing I would hear.

Like I said before, I am not asking anyone to leave. I am just asking why a car site can't be just a car site?

Last edited by black90gt5.0; 06-27-2005 at 09:23 PM.
post #8 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 06:07 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
It isn't like I just started posting here yesterday and I probably wont leave either. I know how this site works and I am not expecting to change it. I am not asking anyone else to leave. Why is that always the answer from everyone here "just leaving"? That is why I said in my first post not to ask me to leave, I knew that is the first thing I would hear.

Like I said before, I am not asking anyone to leave. I am just asking why a car site can't be just a car site?

How many times over 5 years can you have 12K people ask which muffler will sound best on their Mustang? If you would like to talk about cars, then start some threads about them. You've been here 2 years, have over 1K posts, and I can honestly say I've only seen maybe three or four of them. You think a bunch of regular joe guys who are interested in cars are going to go to a free for all site and talk about carburators over tea and crumpets without muttered a curse word here and there; you're sadly mistaken.
post #9 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 06:26 PM
KEK

Welcome to dfwdipsticks.com

03 Oxford White Cobra.
post #10 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 10:24 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
How many times over 5 years can you have 12K people ask which muffler will sound best on their Mustang? If you would like to talk about cars, then start some threads about them. You've been here 2 years, have over 1K posts, and I can honestly say I've only seen maybe three or four of them. You think a bunch of regular joe guys who are interested in cars are going to go to a free for all site and talk about carburators over tea and crumpets without muttered a curse word here and there; you're sadly mistaken.
you haven't seen most of my posts because they were either in the garage helping others or buying/selling parts and cars.

i completely understand a bunch of guys get together and trash talk, tell lies and talk about women. i am a normal man not a munk. i also realize that there is a time and place for these things and i will have to see or hear it sometimes, but look at the most recent threads that are not in the sale forums. if you read the last ten threads i would bet nine of them have profanity and that is a little overboard. like i said earlier, corral doesnt need the trash to be an excellent car site so why do we?
post #11 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-26-2005, 10:48 PM Thread Starter

here are some examples of what i have a problem with. these posts are not contributing anything to the threads except for TRASH. this is from one thread by the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stangin'Alive
racist f**k!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabidMongoos3
you didnt miss s**t
Quote:
Originally Posted by 360 notch for ur LS1
Ill kill all you bi***es..............
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
Quote:
d**n dirty mexican... im cookin hotdogs on my grill right now want one?
Quote:
no no no. i pmd you eariler to tell you that you suck a**and i hate you. try reading what i send in english...wtf its not spanish i know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PUSHROD
listen here, Jethro. I'm going to kick you honky a** next time I see you.
post #12 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

I am all for profanity.

2001 Trans Am - modded
1998 Z28 - stock
post #13 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 06:43 PM
you cant see me

Quote:

Donít treat me like I am just some stupid newbie. I am not bashing anyone or even preaching to anyone. As a matter of fact, this isn't just a religious problem. How about you go to work tomorrow and use the vulgar language with your boss or customers. Even better, go to your kids school and speak to his/her teacher or principle this way. It is inappropriate and unacceptable behavior in most situations.
i do, actually i did it today. and i will do it tommorow. its the way things are now, im not saying its right, but it just is. and i dont give a fuck if you realise it or not

Quote:
I am not telling anyone what to do here; I am just voicing my opinion. I feel I have the right to let you guys know I think your language is at very least un-needed and sometimes disturbing.
i also have the right to let you know that your bitching and moaning is at very least un-needed and sometimes disturbing. well not really disturbing, cuz i could give a shit less what you think. but it is amusing to see you squirm over something meaningless such as vulgar language.
post #14 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 07:52 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
Ass I almost fell for it, thinking someone was actually retarded enough to try and petition against profanity on this site.

Quote:
I'm sure no one thought banning nude pics would ever happen here either.
There's a world of difference in banning pictures that people were getting in trouble for at work because they'd inadvertantly click a thread and get blasted with ... hell I dunno... some chick lying in a bathtub with her ass in the air doing her best impression of Old Faithful.

For a while it was enough to require people to put "WW" in the thread title, but that started to get abused, then only linking was allowed, with WW in the link, or clearly stated in the post... even that's being abused as more people join the forums, and neglect to read the rules, or worse, ignore them.

Your best option is to either live with it, or go elsewhere if it offends you that badly.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
post #15 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 09:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf
even that's being abused as more people join the forums, and neglect to read the rules, or worse, ignore them.

Your best option is to either live with it, or go elsewhere if it offends you that badly.
I was just wondering if you were referring to rules like these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsoon X
I welcome you. We have no problem with good debating. You don't have to believe to post in here. Just be able to carry on a decent intelligent conversation and be able to express your view (whatever it may be) without the harsh language.

This is a Theology Forum so therefore I ask that you be intelligent for a bit and not curse. I hope you can respect that.

If not. Then we shall smite you.
If you read my first post again, I do find it offensive but that isn't my complaint. I have a problem with it because if I am reading a thread and someone is cussing in every other post then I am now saying the words in my head. This is kind of like when you were in school and needed to memorize something, you would just read it over and over to make it stick in your head.
post #16 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I have to admit this did make me laugh.
post #17 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 09:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
i do, actually i did it today. and i will do it tommorow. its the way things are now, im not saying its right, but it just is. and i dont give a fuck if you realise it or not.
Maybe I am sheltered! Christian or not, I don't know anyone that would speak to an employer or customer the way you guys talk here.

Oh by the way, I think your buddy is talking about you.

Quote:
even that's being abused as more people join the forums, and neglect to read the rules, or worse, ignore them.
post #18 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 09:34 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Well, look at who you're quoting. 360 Notch is a retard no matter what type of language he is posting. Maybe it isn't profanity that offends you; maybe its certain posters. I know thats how it works for me. I happen to think this site is ten times the site Corral is. Profanity and all. At least here you won't get banned for saying a sponser sucks.
post #19 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 10:57 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
I was just wondering if you were referring to rules like these.
Actually, as I was explaining how nudity got banned, I was refering to the Picture forum's rules. I would hope no nudity/profanity would go without saying in the religion forum.

DarkWolf
post #20 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Maybe it isn't profanity that offends you; maybe its certain posters. I know thats how it works for me.
There could be some truth to this statement I suppose.
post #21 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-27-2005, 11:16 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I would hope no nudity/profanity would go without saying in the religion forum.
I would hope so too, but maybe you should read some of your previous posts in this thread.
post #22 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 12:59 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

"Hell" is in the bible, as is "ass". I hardly consider those to be profanity, regardless of context.

While we're on the subject, "damn" is another I don't consider profane.

DarkWolf
post #23 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 05:23 AM
you cant see me

Quote:
Maybe I am sheltered! Christian or not, I don't know anyone that would speak to an employer or customer the way you guys talk here.

i am a christian too. but God does not give a fuck if i say fuck. fuck prolly means love in some other language. now if you are bitching about taking God's name in vain such as GDamnitt or screaming jesus christ in anger, then i would understand, but you still arent going to get what you want, and if anything, just end up looking like a whiney vagina, christian or not.
post #24 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-28-2005, 11:17 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!

Quote:
fuck prolly means love in some other language.
In a sense, yes ... Fuck is actually an accronym for "For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge", or having sex before marriage as it was originally instated, and later amended to include sodomy, and homosexuality.

DarkWolf
post #25 of 44 (permalink) Old 06-29-2005, 11:23 AM
98 SVT Cobra

My .02
Quote:
Matthew 15

11Not what goes into the mouth defiles a man; but what comes out of the mouth, this defiles a man.

17Do you not yet understand that whatever enters the mouth goes into the stomach and is eliminated? 18But those things which proceed out of the mouth come from the heart, and they defile a man. 19For out of the heart proceed evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies. 20These are the things which defile a man

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #26 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 12:27 PM
In the Batter's Box

i feel the same way, i dont talk like that either, but after a month and a half of reading it all on here i find myself talking that way in my own post from time to time
post #27 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 01:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
i do, actually i did it today. and i will do it tommorow. its the way things are now, im not saying its right, but it just is. and i dont give a fuck if you realise it or not

i also have the right to let you know that your bitching and moaning is at very least un-needed and sometimes disturbing. well not really disturbing, cuz i could give a shit less what you think. but it is amusing to see you squirm over something meaningless such as vulgar language.
Quote:
i am a christian too. but God does not give a fuck if i say fuck. fuck prolly means love in some other language. now if you are bitching about taking God's name in vain such as GDamnitt or screaming jesus christ in anger, then i would understand, but you still arent going to get what you want, and if anything, just end up looking like a whiney vagina, christian or not.
ROFL, ..
apparently you cant read the rules for this forum. then you tell another someone to go somewhere else when you cant follow the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsoon X
This will not be a tightly moderated place. What I do insist on is the language. NO CURSING! If you can't express your thoughts without cursing then please pick up a dictionary and a thesaurus and expand your vocabulary.

Other than that. You don't have to believe. You don't have to agree. All you have to do is discuss.

Last edited by shrp88lx's; 07-06-2005 at 02:04 PM.
post #28 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-06-2005, 03:15 PM
Banned

I stopped using the harsher words on here because I got in twuble at work. I don't care if people cuss or curse or what the hellcockever.
post #29 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 03:16 PM
Robert Galarga

man this is a technical board w/a general discussion and debate room plus a vid post room do you not expect to hear and see vulgar things?? just let it go

2004 pontiac gtslow

Last edited by slow5.0; 07-07-2005 at 07:33 PM.
post #30 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow5.0
man this is a tachnical board w/a generan discussion and debate room plus a vid post room do you not expect to hear and see vulgar things?? just let it go
do you speak english?
post #31 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Robert Galarga

Quote:
do you speak english?
absolutely i just type fast

2004 pontiac gtslow
post #32 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-08-2005, 08:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow5.0
absolutely i just type fast
Just how God likes it.
post #33 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 02:22 AM
Canada is welcome here.

Thumbs down

normaly i am a very profane and vulgar person, but this 1 time i will respect your beliefs just to help u see my point. i enjoy vulgarity and profanity, as i feel it helps me express myself, and more easily understand the views and feelings of others. you ask that i respect your beliefs, but what about mine? are they just to be tossed to the wind? ( my belief being that i like to curse on this site) if so than you sir, are very hypocritical.(sp?). you ask that i toss what i feel so that you can feel what YOU like. what YOU enjoy. ( and im sure you enjoy the no cursing of the corral.) very hypocritical indeed. that being the case, why dont we come to a compromise and each go his own way so to speak. by which i mean you do not curse like you like to do, and i do curse as i like to do.

alternative- is there some way that these.... guys can download some kinda program that will change the word shit into #### so that it will be like stangnet and they cant complain. (only they will see this) the corral and stangnet as well as a lot of other websites have it so why isnt there a home version?

question- why, OH WHY, are there so many people on the web browsing a ####### car site when they should be working? ( this excludes people on lunch, break,waiting for the truck they are driving to be unloaded, ect) speaking as a buisness owner if i was your boss i would fire you so fast that your replacement would already be hired before you left the building.not only that, these have to be the people complaining about "work warning" and all that. get back to work ya buncha lazy #####!! (if i vent this now, i can avoid it later)
post #34 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 02:51 AM
Time Served

Quote:
well said!
post #35 of 44 (permalink) Old 07-21-2005, 03:00 AM
Time Served

yeah why is it that big of a deal on corral it covers it up with **** but you still know what the word looks like and is. you are retarded sir. this isnt a priest forum, plus i like the fact its just not about cars its about bikes people talkin shit, sellin stuff besides car parts, jokes, helpin people find jobs, and this section havin the ability to talk about religion, morals, etc... because every guy/ girl on this forum is more than just an enthusiast they are people with opinions voices and all kinds of stuff so why should it be limited to no cursing and just technical conversation. that kinda takes away the point of being like a community. now if you picked a real problem like racism on the forum or the lack of help given between veterans and newbs i might be interested in what you have to say. so yeah you're getting bashed/flamed for this by me. you wanna censor a forum thats full of profanity, it wouldnt change anything because people would still be typing the words they just look different so your precious little innocent eyes wont have to look at them. well read this GROW A PAIR YA JACKASS and think before you bring petty shit like this into the forum.
post #36 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 08:04 PM

Im With The Guy Who Doesnt Cuss

Im With Him I Hate To Fucking See Cussing On The Fucking Web Sits That Really Pissed Me Off. Why The Fuck Cant People Just Stop Fucking Cussing? Beats The Shit Out Of Me
post #37 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 08:37 PM Thread Starter

finally someone that agrees!
post #38 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 10:14 PM

Angry Cussing

If You Dont Like To See Cussing On Here Log Off And Read A Bible
post #39 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-10-2005, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

look! i have been posting on here for 3 years (under 2 different sn). i am not going anywhere. i didnt start the thread to ask for suggestions on where i should or should not post. i wanted an intelligent discussion on the topic but i guess that is to much to ask of "dfwstangs". for the guys that were adults in here, thank you. for the others, grow up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88WHITELX
If You Dont Like To See Cussing On Here Log Off And Read A Bible
i read my Bible everyday, i havent needed you to remind me to do so for 31 years and i dont think i need you now.
post #40 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 10:51 AM

shit happens.
post #41 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 11:59 AM
Time Served

Quote:
look! i have been posting on here for 3 years (under 2 different sn). i am not going anywhere. i didnt start the thread to ask for suggestions on where i should or should not post. i wanted an intelligent discussion on the topic but i guess that is to much to ask of "dfwstangs". for the guys that were adults in here, thank you. for the others, grow up!

i read my Bible everyday, i havent needed you to remind me to do so for 31 years and i dont think i need you now.
how the hell do you expect to have an intelligent conversation when the subject is fucking retarded. its like "i'm tired of reading profane language, lets elaborate on that." its either people use that language or they dont and trying to sit down and chat about it doesnt make sense because its just human nature theres no deeper reason behind it. also you came into this thing expecting ud actually get some decent feedback, but instead of thinking before typing you just made yourself look like a whiney pussy who needs to have his opinion heard becuz he gets offended. just like fucking minorities who think they are the only people who ever had it rough. damn it pisses me off, everyone has somethin to bitch about...
post #42 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-11-2005, 06:41 PM
Time Served

YEAH, FUCK YOU BITCHES!! /end shitty rand

2002 Civic Si
K&N/HP/Magnaflow/Capayoda/Rockford/Kenwood/BSA/Progress/CarsOption/Anzo
post #43 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 08:32 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Some people are immature and/or can't make a rational intelligent remark without their normal scurrilousness showing.
post #44 of 44 (permalink) Old 08-12-2005, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
Some people are immature and/or can't make a rational intelligent remark without their normal scurrilousness showing.
hey, leave southern baptist out of this.

Come on, you know thats a little funny right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement