Whats Your Take on Marijuana - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 906
Whats Your Take on Marijuana

Just curious how everyone in here feels about pot.
Personally and from a "Religious" stand point.


For those who says it is bad etc and it is a drug...how can it be explained if it is of the earth....


P.S. I know this is wierd but I was talking with a guy about this the other day....
SVT93Style is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 10:09 PM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
I have read from different sources that tried to show evidence of weed in the Bible. For instance, places where there is talk of burning insense.
Not sure if it is credible or just a reach.

Personally, I think anything used/ abused in excess can mean trouble. I don't think it is any worse than having a beer. Maybe just unnecessary.
Phillystang is offline  
post #3 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 10:35 PM
milk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
My .50

BIBLE "The body is the LIVING TEMPLE of the HOLY SPIRIT" Any kind of harm to the body can be bad in a religous stand point. BEER, WEED, TATOOS etc.... I know that is not what you want to hear but there are some religions that honor that. Plus the bible says that "While we are in this world we will live and honor the rules of the World. Weed is ilegal? Remmember the tree of life too, it was put on this EARTH and mentioned in the BILBE, but just cause it was MENTIONED in the BILBE doesnt make it right. EL parents are Cristians...........Raised in Church.........MILK
 
post #4 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 11:20 PM
Pilgrim
 
Phillystang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 3,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by milk
BIBLE "The body is the LIVING TEMPLE of the HOLY SPIRIT" Any kind of harm to the body can be bad in a religous stand point. BEER, WEED, TATOOS etc.... I know that is not what you want to hear but there are some religions that honor that.
I am not saying I disagree with you but...
But how far is too far? What about fried food, sodas, whole milk, tanning, stressful situations, living in cities with heavy air pollution... each can be shown to be bad for a person's health.
If it is just about it being illegal, then it should be equally as wrong as say: going 5 over the speed limit, no turn signal when turning, headlight out, etc. each of which are illegal. Again, not disagreeing, but how far is too far...
Phillystang is offline  
post #5 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 11:30 PM
Raiden Wins
 
def1eppard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Earthrealm
Posts: 4,045
Hot lava is from the earth and it does the body good. right?
def1eppard is offline  
post #6 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 11:42 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 906
marijuana

The bible also says....and I am not quoting here but something to the effect of "I give all seed bearing plants to you"

The way I look at it is this....
It grows from the ground, it is natural, it was put here by God...
When compared to Alcohol, Marijuana has to be better for you....
I mean, alcohol comes from some nasty crap...like Vodka...fermented potatoes....all I am saying is it is man made....not natural
It kills you either by drinking it, or by driving while drinking...look at the Stat's....it is horrible for your body....look at all the people whos lifes have been ruined by it....yet some how we justify the use of it...why? Because it is "legal" and how can you make a plant illegal....that is like me walking up to a apple tree and making it illegal becuase i dont like it... Something is not right here.

Food for thought

If you had a daughter and she was out with some 16 year old kid on a date. And you HAD (hypothetical) to choose between her getting in a car with a guy that had been drinking or a guy who had smoked.
Who would it be....
SVT93Style is offline  
post #7 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 906
Also

The bible also says that the original plan was for man to be a vegeterian....
SVT93Style is offline  
post #8 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 01:32 AM
milk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
my .50

And like I said "this might not be what you guys wanna here" We all know weed is bad for your health, beer is bad too and all the bad things we do to our bodies but yet we still try to make excuses to make things right one way or the other. I mean if you really wanna sit here and be serious about the situation do you really want to pull the facts of the effects of weed. Im not saying your a bad person for thinking this way but, it is illegal for a reason. Next thing you know I wll hear Cocaine was put on the earth by God so lets all go get skitzed out. Doesnt make sence does it, thats why God doesnt force us to do anything he gives us the choice. if you think you are doing right SMOKE ON BRO............................................MIL K
post #9 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 02:02 AM
Packin' up...
 
Skidmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 18,736
Quote:
Originally Posted by milk
We all know weed is bad for your health

"The Institute of Medicine's 1999 report on medical marijuana stated, "The accumulated data indicate a potential therapeutic value for cannabinoid drugs, particularly for symptoms such as pain relief, control of nausea and vomiting, and appetite stimulation."

Source: Janet E. Joy, Stanley J. Watson, Jr., and John A Benson, Jr., "Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base," Division of Neuroscience and Behavioral Research, Institute of Medicine (Washington, DC: National Academy Press, 1999)."


http://www.drugwarfacts.org/medicalm.htm
Skidmark is offline  
post #10 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 09:04 AM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by milk
And like I said "this might not be what you guys wanna here" We all know weed is bad for your health, beer is bad too and all the bad things we do to our bodies but yet we still try to make excuses to make things right one way or the other. I mean if you really wanna sit here and be serious about the situation do you really want to pull the facts of the effects of weed. Im not saying your a bad person for thinking this way but, it is illegal for a reason. Next thing you know I wll hear Cocaine was put on the earth by God so lets all go get skitzed out. Doesnt make sence does it, thats why God doesnt force us to do anything he gives us the choice. if you think you are doing right SMOKE ON BRO............................................MIL K
"We all know weed is bad for your health" because we were told it is. You have absolutely nothing to base that on unless you have experienced heavy ganja use first hand. Everything we've been told since childhood says that it's bad for you, take the initiative and try it before you knock it.

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #11 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 906
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLXHB302
"We all know weed is bad for your health" because we were told it is. You have absolutely nothing to base that on unless you have experienced heavy ganja use first hand. Everything we've been told since childhood says that it's bad for you, take the initiative and try it before you knock it.

100% Agree....matter of fact that just found out weed is good for the heart...who would of thought....
SVT93Style is offline  
post #12 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 09:44 AM
Commercial Flooring Guy
 
HECDOGGIE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: S A C H S E
Posts: 3,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT93Style

For those who says it is bad etc and it is a drug...how can it be explained if it is of the earth....

Thats simple, "Temptation"
HECDOGGIE is offline  
post #13 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-13-2005, 10:28 PM
milk
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
yea

I have tried it first hand bro........I used to smoke my ass off almost everyday In my high school days !!!So the I am not just knocking it just to talk shit. And like I said IF YOU THINK YOUR DOING RIGHT SMOKE ON BRO....................There is no arguing with a dumbass that thinks their always right.................MILK
post #14 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 01:55 AM
Raiden Wins
 
def1eppard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Earthrealm
Posts: 4,045
Potheads are smart.
def1eppard is offline  
post #15 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 02:01 AM
Ide fuck her in the ass..
 
Da Prez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: CrooKed I muthafucker!
Posts: 42,924
my homie jesus says puff puff pass...




WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
Da Prez is offline  
post #16 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010
 
TexasDevilDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Fort Worth, Texas (North Side)
Posts: 14,140
I had a coworker that smoke marijuana. He wasn't addicted to it, but had to smoke 3-4 times a day. He ended up getting fired. He lost his house.
TexasDevilDog is offline  
post #17 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
stoners are what they make of themselves, straight up. Just like everybody else

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #18 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 03:06 PM
6t6
Time Served
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Southlake, Tx.
Posts: 373
Pot

I can remember me and my HS bros, and we all did it. Many times a week. Now quite some years later. there are a few that never really stopped and they really never got their LIFE going. If LIFE is family, job, home, security.
You see those guys now and it just took the drive right out of them.
Or perhaps they had a gene was made them more prone to abuse pot.
Either way I think if they had a chance to live their life again the would not have smoked pot.

Yet some guys tried it then gave it up when life demanded more of their time and energy. They're nothing worse for the wear. All comes down to genetic makeup I guess some can put it down but some can't.
6t6 is offline  
post #19 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 05:08 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 256
Quote:
I guess some can put it down but some can't.
I don't believe it's necessarily a genetic thing but you're right about the quitting part. Some can, others can't.

To me it falls in the same category as everything else that's not strictly necessary for survival. It's a tool that God put on this earth and we shouldn't abuse it. Whether it's drink, drugs or fast cars if it distracts from the reason we were put here it's a sin. He does want us to enjoy ourselves but there is a line we shouldn't cross. While that will be different for everyone it's best to err on the side of caution. "Don't cause your weaker brother to stumble." Wine is permitted but we're told not to be drunks.

Healthy foods: there's nothing wrong with whole milk unless you're lactose intolerant. Far better to eat raw milk as homogenization/pasteurization will do bad things to you. I don't mean to get into a health discussion here I'm just using it as an example on how our perceptions ain't always right. Which begs the question of how we'll make it to heaven... and I can assure you it's not by our own knowledge/perfection.
JKDGabe is offline  
post #20 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-14-2005, 10:26 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,187
Ganja is used for religious purposes for Rastafarians. Its use is written in the Bible in Psalms 104:14, "He causeth the grass for the cattle, and herb for the service of man". The use of this herb is very extensive among the Rastas not only for spiritual purposes as in their Nyabingi celebration, but also for medicinal purposes for colds and such. The following are a few of the many Biblical texts that Rasta embrace as reasons Jah, gave for the use of the herb:


". . . thou shalt eat the herb of the field " (Genesis 3:18)

". . . eat every herb of the land " (Exodus 10:12)


"Better is a dinner of herb where love is, than a stalled ox and hatred therewith" (Proverbs 15:17)

http://www.meta-religion.com/World_R...n_religion.htm

I boldened the statement, so what do you think that means? Just wondering. The OT also says to keep slaves and stone children to death...
Danny is offline  
post #21 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 08:33 AM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 256
To assume that "herb" means pot is a signifigant leap. It's just as logical to assume it means nightshade! I'm at school right now so don't have access to the original text but will get back with that.

Slavery... tough subject since it's such an emotional topic. Proverbs says "the borrower is servant/slave to the lender". Many people today are financial slaves to their credit card company. Indentured servitude was a form of slavery. As far as I can tell, slavery is like many things... it can have a legitimate place in society but it is easy to abuse/misuse. In the old testament people could sell themselves into slavery for a period of time. Slavery based strictly on race however is wrong.
JKDGabe is offline  
post #22 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 906
Slavery

"Slavery" in the bible has no relation to the word which we know today. Back in those day slave's were slaves by choice and got paid and taken care of. People who had no other choice became slaves willingly.
SVT93Style is offline  
post #23 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-15-2005, 08:22 PM
老师
 
Neiladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: OKC
Posts: 12,120
natural

marijuana is natural, it grows in the dirt and wass found in the wild, not genetically engineered, or anything like that. its more natural than an 80 year old guy with a hard-on, to put it bluntly. i havent smoked the herb in 2 years and glad i have quit. but you arent gonna go near poison ivy just because are you? and its natural, but also harmful.
Neiladin is offline  
post #24 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 08:38 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKDGabe
As far as I can tell, slavery is like many things... it can have a legitimate place in society
Bahahahahahaaaa! Okay, then go buy a slave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT93Style
"Slavery" in the bible has no relation to the word which we know today. Back in those day slave's were slaves by choice and got paid and taken care of. People who had no other choice became slaves willingly.
So that makes it right for people to be property?
Danny is offline  
post #25 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 12:35 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 256
Is it right that you have to work to get paid? I feel that it is. What do you think debt is? You owe the bank money and if you default your stuff will get taken and you can even end up in prison. You can run but if you get caught you'll be forced to pay or else... sounds like slavery to me! Ever heard of debtors prison? If you couldn't pay your debts you'd be put in prison and people could buy you out of it and you had to work for them. You were their slave until you had paid the debt off. At the same period in history you could sell yourself into indentured servitude. That's how alot of people were able to afford to come to America. You probably have in your mind the image of a black guy in chains being whipped by a rich plantation owner and while that was true of one point in history it's hardly the only scenario.

Quote:
"Slavery" in the bible has no relation to the word which we know today. Back in those day slave's were slaves by choice and got paid and taken care of. People who had no other choice became slaves willingly.
Only partly true. Wars were fought and the winners usually made slaves of the losers and either kept them or sold them. Not everybody volunteered...
JKDGabe is offline  
post #26 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 12:44 PM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
nice

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #27 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 01:36 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKDGabe
You probably have in your mind the image of a black guy in chains being whipped by a rich plantation owner and while that was true of one point in history it's hardly the only scenario.
No, I am thinking of the concept of human beings as property, to be bought and sold like any other commodity.

The biblical text doesn't have a problem with that, do you?
Danny is offline  
post #28 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 04:11 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 256
My view is irrelevant to this discussion, I was trying to get you to understand that there's almost always more than one definition to any given word. Nor do I wish to hijack this thread more than it has been. Slavery was simply brought up as an analogy to MJ. As said before, just because it's mentioned in the Bible doesn't mean it's inherently right or wrong.
JKDGabe is offline  
post #29 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-16-2005, 07:54 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 479
the key thing is that as a christian we hold human life very highly and to be valued. Many lives are lost in smuggling, dealing, etc. of illegal drugs, including weed.

Also, we are to be obediant to the law of the land, Christ was obediant to the cross, I think we can be obediant to something as futile as smoking drugs such for fun or even mediciably.

God may have given us everything on the earth to be stewards of, and in the right situation (legal), and right reasons (medicine, not recreational) it would be right, but the fact is it that there is not any justification for its use illegally and for fun.
Joebum is offline  
post #30 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 08:14 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKDGabe
As said before, just because it's mentioned in the Bible doesn't mean it's inherently right or wrong.
Slavery and use of the herb are not just mentioned, they are given approval. From the very word of God!
Danny is offline  
post #31 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
Slavery and use of the herb are not just mentioned, they are given approval. From the very word of God!
Crap, that's crap. Sorry, man, not you but those words.

We are created in the imag of God, so we are important and precious to God.
Now, both the abuse and sale of weed and the way we think of slavery today are atrocities to God. Innocent, as well as dealers, are hurt, abused, murdered, raped, b/c of the illegal drug industry. Slavery is dehumanizing, and that hardly aligns w/ what Christ teaches.

I'm sorry, I just can't stand it when people try to justify sin or sickness. Christ taught peace, love, submission, godliness, justice among his people- Not weed and slavery, and that IS supported by God's Word.
Joebum is offline  
post #32 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 11:59 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 906
[QUOTE=but the fact is it that there is not any justification for its use illegally and for fun.[/QUOTE]

But people, maybe even you, have no problem with drinking alcohol....to any extent, which is not of this earth and is man made.
SVT93Style is offline  
post #33 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 02:22 PM
Secular Dogooderist
 
Zarathustra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: The Hive
Posts: 3,031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebum

We are created in the imag of God, so we are important and precious to God.
Now, both the abuse and sale of weed and the way we think of slavery today are atrocities to God. Innocent, as well as dealers, are hurt, abused, murdered, raped, b/c of the illegal drug industry. Slavery is dehumanizing, and that hardly aligns w/ what Christ teaches.

I'm sorry, I just can't stand it when people try to justify sin or sickness. Christ taught peace, love, submission, godliness, justice among his people- Not weed and slavery, and that IS supported by God's Word.

Couldja think outside the box for a second? When you say that reefer is an atrocity to god, everything you just said is a nothing more than a matter of opinion. People are hurt because it is illegal, the very reason you don't "morally" want to touch or have anything to do with the ganja. Same thing happened back in the 20's with prohibition.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebum
God may have given us everything on the earth to be stewards of, and in the right situation (legal), and right reasons (medicine, not recreational) it would be right, but the fact is it that there is not any justification for its use illegally and for fun..
Yes there is, it's gettin' stoned!!! takin your mind off things. Alotta people use pot to think more clearly, i.e. before tests, while studying, and during musical performances. Who says god gave us all the shit he did to use only "under the law" or (legally) Fuck that bullshit, god didn't make laws, we the people did. Your perception of wrongdoing is WAY OFF, everything that is illegal is not a sin. There is no way anybody can be that close-minded. The deal is more and more people are realizing that the bullshit they've been hearing for all their lives about pot is all hot air. There's been a war over this shit for generations...

Thus Spoke Zarathustra
---
This will help everyone out, check it.
It is time we acknowledged a basic feature of human discourse: when considering the truth of a proposition, one is either engaged in an honest appraisal of the evidence and logical arguments, or one is not. Religion is the one area of our lives where people imagine that some other standard of intellectual integrity applies.
-Sam Harris
Zarathustra is offline  
post #34 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 03:44 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebum
Crap, that's crap. Sorry, man, not you but those words.
What's crap about them? Because I can put up some scripture from the OT that will make your hair stand on end. Heck, from the Ten Commandments!
Quote:
We are created in the imag of God, so we are important and precious to God.
Now, both the abuse and sale of weed and the way we think of slavery today are atrocities to God. Innocent, as well as dealers, are hurt, abused, murdered, raped, b/c of the illegal drug industry. Slavery is dehumanizing, and that hardly aligns w/ what Christ teaches.
I agree. So why are there several quotes from the Bible that state quite clearly that it is acceptable? Do I need to find these for you?
Quote:
I'm sorry, I just can't stand it when people try to justify sin or sickness. Christ taught peace, love, submission, godliness, justice among his people- Not weed and slavery, and that IS supported by God's Word.
I'm just wondering why God would have a problem with marijuana. Anything taken to an extreme is dangerous for the human body. I've heard of people dying from over-ingesting water. Does that mean we should stop drinking good ol H2O?
Danny is offline  
post #35 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 05:39 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 479
Ok
I think over in some country where weed is legal- good, maybe it's not wrong other than smoking it for nonmedicanal (sp?) purposes. Here in the states it is illegal- and that's a fact. You may be be trying to argue whether it should be legal or not, I am not. I am arguing that IT IS ILLEGAL. Now, we have a duty as Americans to follow the law, more importantly as Christians we have a duty to follow Christ's commands: to be obedient to the law of the land. I hope that clears some things up.
Joebum is offline  
post #36 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 05:41 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 479
I agree. So why are there several quotes from the Bible that state quite clearly that it is acceptable? Do I need to find these for you? -Quote


Yes, please do.
Joebum is offline  
post #37 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 05:45 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 479
medicinal
Joebum is offline  
post #38 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 06:09 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 479
Yes there is, it's gettin' stoned!!! takin your mind off things. Alotta people use pot to think more clearly, i.e. before tests, while studying, and during musical performances. Who says god gave us all the shit he did to use only "under the law" or (legally) Fuck that bullshit, god didn't make laws, we the people did. Your perception of wrongdoing is WAY OFF, everything that is illegal is not a sin. There is no way anybody can be that close-minded. The deal is more and more people are realizing that the bullshit they've been hearing for all their lives about pot is all hot air. There's been a war over this shit for generations...[/QUOTE]

You're right, I am close minded. That's why some of the dearest people that I love and would do anything for are potheads. That's I love all the many teamates from the different teams I've played on that smoked. THat's why I spent 4 years of my life as a pothead- B/C I'm close minded. Yeah, and [email protected]#$ and [email protected]#$ scare me, so please don't curse- whatever that was about. Use some intellegent language, and I might respect your point more.

My perception of wrongdoing is not way off, just a little better than yours. I don't claim that b/c I have special knowledge or am smarter, but rather I get my perception from the Law-Giver: Yahweh, God.
You're right, I wish all surgeons, pilots, race car drivers, heck all motorists, teachers smoked weed. We would definitely have less accidents, b/c everyone's mind would be so clear- right.
Joebum is offline  
post #39 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-17-2005, 07:13 PM
老师
 
Neiladin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: OKC
Posts: 12,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLXHB302
takin your mind off things. Alotta people use pot to think more clearly, i.e. before tests, while studying, and during musical performances.
you my friend, are an idiot. THC is a downer. It slows your reaction times, and therefore is in no way a performance enhancing drug of any manner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLXHB302
Who says god gave us all the shit he did to use only "under the law" or (legally) Fuck that bullshit, god didn't make laws, we the people did.
read the bible lately? god says to follow the laws of man and the land, and have you ever heard of the ten commandments? those arent just guidelines friend, for christians, those are laws to live by.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadLXHB302
Your perception of wrongdoing is WAY OFF, everything that is illegal is not a sin. There is no way anybody can be that close-minded. The deal is more and more people are realizing that the bullshit they've been hearing for all their lives about pot is all hot air. There's been a war over this shit for generations...
where do you get off telling people whether or not their perceptions are wrong. perceptions are different for everyone, EVERYONE. you cant base your argument on telling people that their perceptions are wrong. are you them? do you know how they perceive things? no.
Neiladin is offline  
post #40 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 09:21 AM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebum
Now, we have a duty as Americans to follow the law, more importantly as Christians we have a duty to follow Christ's commands: to be obedient to the law of the land. I hope that clears some things up.
LOL, here we go on a tangent...

So the Christians in the Nazi SS were right to go around slaughtering Jews, since that was "the law of the land?"

Please do explain that....
Danny is offline  
post #41 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 09:24 AM
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 4,050
puff puff pass
Michaelb303 is offline  
post #42 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 09:47 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 479
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny
LOL, here we go on a tangent...

So the Christians in the Nazi SS were right to go around slaughtering Jews, since that was "the law of the land?"

Please do explain that....
Look, there's a difference between rules and principles. Our rulse come from principles like humans are valuable, etc. the Nazi's principles were jacked up. Obviously Christ meant to follow the laws of the land when the rules matched up w/ his ethics and principles.

Seriously, how can you compare the Nazi's to not smoking weed. Actually I am against weed the same reason I am against the Nazi party, B/c they both lack value in human life. Again, my point is is that people die all the time and lives are ruined by weed.
Joebum is offline  
post #43 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 10:59 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 906
"Lives Ruined by Weed"

so over dramatic....have you ever smoked weed? Or are you one of those guys that sits on one side of the fence without ever going over to the other side.
SVT93Style is offline  
post #44 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 11:00 AM Thread Starter
Time Served
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Dallas,Texas
Posts: 906
"Lives Ruined by Weed"

Lets take a look a lives ruined by Alcohol....oh, never mind the law of the land says it fine.....then it can't be bad or worse for me...
SVT93Style is offline  
post #45 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 12:35 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 4,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joebum
Look, there's a difference between rules and principles. Our rulse come from principles like humans are valuable, etc. the Nazi's principles were jacked up. Obviously Christ meant to follow the laws of the land when the rules matched up w/ his ethics and principles.
What?

Seriously... you're either messed up in the head, or just a raging hypocrite. I can't tell which.
Danny is offline  
post #46 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 479
I don't know if you are talking to me, but here's a reply I gave a few posts up, so I hope this clears it for ya svt.

You're right, I am close minded. That's why some of the dearest people that I love and would do anything for are potheads. That's I love all the many teamates from the different teams I've played on that smoked. THat's why I spent 4 years of my life as a pothead- B/C I'm close minded.

Also,
I don't want to go onto the subject of acohol b/c that will take us way off. We know lives are ruined and harmed by alcohol, so why do we want to legalize something that will just add to the problem.

Read this, it's some guy's anwer to the question originally asked
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur/pot.htm

Last edited by Joebum; 05-18-2005 at 12:51 PM.
Joebum is offline  
post #47 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 03:46 PM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Richardson
Posts: 419
Tobacco is legal and of the earth and it kills lots and lots of people each year. I dont think that there can be any definate biblical evidence that says "it is ok to smoke marijuana." People can try to manipulate the text to say anything. Hence why there is so many denominations and forms of churches. It all comes down to morals regardless of religous foundation or not. I smoke/have smoked weed, it can be pretty cool but I think its wrong if a person feels the need to smoke to have fun, feel satisfied, or be happy. If you cant do that on your own without the use of a substance, what kind of person are you.
BigJirish08 is offline  
post #48 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 05:57 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16
marijuana is just awesome.. i'll be honest and say I smoke everyday (when I got some..) theres nothin wrong with it, nothing.

I lift weights, and run.. alternatin between the two 5 days a week which usually ends up being 2 lift days and 3 cardio days. No lung problems at all here, infact I lift better stoned. It's not a gateway drug, i've had so many chances to snort coke, and smoke other things but I haven't done anything other than drinkin/smokin tobacco and the greens. Well.. i'll admit i've wanted to shroom for awhile now but that doesn't mean marijuana made me wanna try it.

i've found that most anti-marijuana people are usually close minded, and don't wanna learn the real facts about it. the freevibe commercials/facts are all biased and they never even site a reliable unbiased source. I trust my friends that smoke alot more than my friends who don't.. because weed doesn't make you a thief or anything (crack does), and tokers are generally "smarter" than those freevibe idiots bashing pot but they never hesitate to go get drunk, or to go smoke those devil cancer sticks.

the tokers being "smarter" is just my opinion, thats certainly not a fact but just something I base off of all the things i've seen in my life.. feel free to agree/disagree with me but I really don't give a shit, chalk this up as another stoned post.
thc4breakfeast is offline  
post #49 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 06:01 PM
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 16
Quote:
Again, my point is is that people die all the time and lives are ruined by weed.
proof?? evidence?? please elaborate on what you just said, marijuana does not ruin lives.

coke snorters, crack smokers, heroin shooters/smokers/snorters CAN & usually DO ruin lives but not everybody abuses those drugs. There are actually heroin users that shoot up occasionaly without harming people, believe it or not.
thc4breakfeast is offline  
post #50 of 91 (permalink) Old 05-18-2005, 08:19 PM
one bad 408 coupe!
 
11secCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: carrollton...right next to GB motor speedway
Posts: 1,797
i smoke pot, im sure everybody has experimented with different kinds of drugs, but i prefer a joint after i get home from work over a beer or any other kind of drug. i use it as a stress reliever, sometimes i like to come home, smoke a joint, and chill with my girl. i plan on stopping by the time its time to start a family. i can tell you for a fact that it doesent impair somebody as much as drinking a bottle of liquor
11secCobra is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome