Codex Sinaitcus - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-15-2005, 07:04 AM Thread Starter
Saved by Grace

Codex Sinaitcus

Anybody heard of the latest developments. There was an articule on the front page of the Dallas Morning News about it. I didn't read it, a friend told me about it. Its supposed to be the worlds oldest bible, and will so be published on the web.

I'm a man. I can change, if I have to, I guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-16-2005, 11:32 PM
ebay pimp

I read the article. The Codex Sinaitus is the oldest verifiable bible. It was in an Egyptian temple, when in the 1850's people from Russia, France, England and one other country split up the texts and stole them. Now their going to be scanned and digitally reunited.

Article as says the text of the Codex varies greatly from the modern bible.

Scott
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 05:23 AM Thread Starter
Saved by Grace

I think this is a god thing, we'll finialy be able to see how the bible was changed in translations. I don't think it will change the basic message of salvation though.

I'm a man. I can change, if I have to, I guess.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 06:31 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by White trash wagon
I read the article. The Codex Sinaitus is the oldest verifiable bible. It was in an Egyptian temple, when in the 1850's people from Russia, France, England and one other country split up the texts and stole them. Now their going to be scanned and digitally reunited.

Article as says the text of the Codex varies greatly from the modern bible.

Scott
The article I read refers to the 12 verses that have been added at the end of Mark. If this is what they are refering as "varies greatly" then its no big deal 'cause people who have done any type of bible study already know that the verses have been added after the fact.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement