Current events: Is this a significant end time event? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
IA2

Current events: Is this a significant end time event?

I am quite interested in the portions of the bible that deal with end time events, and how those events may mesh with current events. There is a current event going on that is very interesting, and bears some examination.

In Daniel 9:27 there is a prophecy that says that a covenant will be confirmed that deals with the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. It is confirmed by an endtime world leader - none other than the Antichrist himself. The most interesting thing about the confirmation of the covenant is that Armageddon soon follows.

For those of ya'll that keep up with current events you know about the middle east roadmap for peace, and now that Arafat is gone how Abbas & Sharon are moving toward the middle, and have in fact agreed to halt hostilities toward each other (and shook hands over the deal too). The roadmap to peace has been stalled for a while but now seems to have momentum again.

There are many issues that Palestine and Israel have between them but probably the biggest one is over who controls the Temple Mount. Both consider it to be holy land, and both want to control it. In the roadmap to peace one of the outstanding tasks is to settle this control issue. Thus, when this main problem is worked out it will be huge because it will settle one of the main disputes between Israel and other middle eastern countries. And it will also fulfill prophesy.

It is interesting to watch this current peace process and consider that maybe it is the beginning of the confirmation of the covenant. This is currently no other middle east peace plan in place, and it has not been possible up to now (because of Arafat) for a peace plan to move forward. The conditions now seem (to me, anyway) to be much more capable of allowing progress on the peace plan.

Because of the prophesy we do know that a covenant will be worked out, and it's quite apparent that due to the size and nature of the problem being addressed it'll be quite newsworthy. Whether the roadmap for peace is "it" or not bears watching.

Thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Small Fry

The 7 year peace covenent that will be made with Isreal will be brought about by the Antichrist. As of yet, there is no one man working the things out, so I don't see it happening yet. But I plan to go back an study prophecy even more.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 02:56 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

The 3rd Jewish temple needs to be built on the temple mount. A big problem is that there is a mosque there right now. So, do you know what needs to happen for that to be torn down? World War III, the Apocalypse.

http://www.hope-of-israel.org/tmount.htm

http://www.jelm.net/endtimes1c.html

http://www.templemount.org/

Last edited by TexasDevilDog; 02-08-2005 at 03:01 PM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
The 3rd Jewish temple needs to be built on the temple mount. A big problem is that there is a mosque there right now. So, do you know what needs to happen for that to be torn down? World War III, the Apocalypse.

http://www.hope-of-israel.org/tmount.htm

http://www.jelm.net/endtimes1c.html

http://www.templemount.org/
I've seen some of that info before. The 3rd temple will be rebuilt (since that's where the abomination of desolation occurs), and the confirmation of the covenant means that some kind of sharing agreement will be reached concerning the temple mount allowing the 3rd temple to be rebuilt.

The process of working toward the confirmation of the covenant has to start somewhere at some point in time. I'm not at all saying that the roadmap to peace is it, but it certainly is interesting to watch. If nothing else it should send us off to do some studying and we'll be better for it. And maybe stir some discussion in this thread that we can all learn from

Watch out for perfect red heifers being born too
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2005, 12:16 AM
Out

I don't think that the reconstruction of the next temple will even begin until after the seven year treaty is made. Also, I do believe the Rapture will be the event to kick things off. Everyone will know something is going on once that happens.

I would love to see that mosque go, but I don't think I'll ever witness it.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-10-2005, 10:40 PM Thread Starter
IA2

I heard on the radio today that the old school biblical sanhedrin have reconstituted and one of the items on their agena is the planning for the temple mount.

http://www.templemount.org/sanhedrin/
http://www.solomonstemple.com/module...ticle&sid=1292

It is a fascinating time to watch current events if you know a little about revelation.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 03:14 PM
Crash Test Dummy

MikeB

I just ordered the Study Manuals for Level 1 and Level 3.

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 03:35 PM

What do you think the "temple" is? Is it not our bodies? I don't understand why people get so fascinated with the "holy land". It's no more holy than anywhere else.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsoon X
MikeB

I just ordered the Study Manuals for Level 1 and Level 3.
I've got the level 1. Very interesting stuff. Need to get more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKDGabe
What do you think the "temple" is? Is it not our bodies? I don't understand why people get so fascinated with the "holy land". It's no more holy than anywhere else.
I believe you are referring to 2 Corinthians 6:14-18 (?):

Quote:
Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you, And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
In this of course you are right. However, in the context of the prophesy we are talking about "the temple" is the 3rd rebuilt jewish temple which is a physical place. For this structure to be rebuilt there is a lot of diplomacy that has to happen in the middle east, which will lead up to the confirmation of the covenant. The rebuilt temple is a key event in biblical prophesy, much as the prophesy of the rebirth of Israel which happened in 1948.

If you can find some time i'd suggest doing some study of the history, prophecy, and scripture surrounding the holy lands. It is fascinating when you start to see how some of that stuff fits together in past, current, and future events. Of course there is much conflicting information and many differing interpretations particularly of end time scripture but it is still worth studying and getting familiar with.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 05:02 PM

I have studied it some. I'm still interested to know why you apparently consider Israel/Jerusalem the "holy" land. What covenant are you referring to? Did you know that the country we call Israel are not descendants of Israel but Judah? I'm not trying to be contentious, just trying to find the scriptural reason for this fascination.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-14-2005, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
IA2

I realize that there is some debate as to whether the 1948 version of Israel is the fulfillment of the prophesy of the rebirth of Israel. I really don't know enough to comment on that debate although personally I lean toward believing that it was/is. It merits watching.

As far as "holy land" - Jerusalem was a pretty important piece of real estate to God:

Quote:
The very fact that Jerusalem is mentioned more than 800 times in the Bible makes it worthy of special attention. This unique city is the only one upon which God has bestowed His distinctive blessing and protection (Ps 132:13-14), and the only city for whose peace we are commanded to pray (Ps 122:6). God says He has chosen Jerusalem as the place where He has put His name forever (2 Chr 6:6; 33:7; Ps 46:4; 48:1-8; 87:3).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement