All these denomination arguements... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 01:05 AM Thread Starter
Out

All these denomination arguements...

I, for one, have certain issues with every denomination of Christianity I've ever been involved with. I know for a fact that there isn't a perfect church out there. I really think that if a certain type of religion brings you closer to God and give you a strong personal relationship with Him, then it's done it's job. God will guide you the rest of the way. Trust me, if you really want to find Him in your heart, He'll get to you.

My belief is that you believe that Jesus is your one and only Savior and that He died for the forgiveness of your sins. You gotta be thankful to Him for that, BE TRUELY SORRY FOR THE SINS YOU HAVE COMMITED, ask for forgiveness, and the gift of eternal life is yours without question. He knows where you stand with Him in your heart, and believe me, people, knowing 100% that you'll be in heaven with Him after your life on earth is over is such a relief, it's undescribable.

Just from reading some of the posts I've seen on this board over the years, I'm truely thankful that there are people who are in the same boat as myself. There are other people on here that I worry about. I hope that they can also find what I have found. With family, friends, loved ones, even my second child that's now on the way, I have a lot to be thankful for and also a lot to pray for. I hold myself personally responsible for letting them know the way I believe. It's a hard task to do sometimes, but also a privilege to do so for Him. Although I'm a sinner, I try more times than people think to live the way He wants me to live. One of the best ways to teach how God wants you to live your life is through example. I am nowhere near where I need to be for that, but I'm working on it daily. Sorry for the rant, I'll jump off this soap box now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 06:15 AM
98 SVT Cobra

I could'nt agree more.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 10:10 AM

sounds like you on the right track...I agree with your rant BTW!

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 10:30 AM
Lifer

1 John 2:3
And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments.

1 John 5:20
And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

1 Tim. 4:15
Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.

1 John 2:1
My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:

1 John 5:13
These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Saved by Grace

If everybody was on the same spiritual page, there wouldn't be a different church on every corner. I believe God love us ALL so much he makes sure salvation avalible to anyone who seeks him. In other words theres a bolt for every nut. Before I was reborn I used to hate church and church people. Later on I realized why millions of people all over the world were there every Sunday. Even though I disagree with alot of denominations and thinks others are just dead wrong, my personal relationship with Christ is what really matters the rest is God's business not mine. I had to quit trying to do his job and let God be God and I'm just an humble servant and lucky to know that.

I'm a man. I can change, if I have to, I guess.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-16-2005, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I, for one, have certain issues with every denomination of Christianity I've ever been involved with. I know for a fact that there isn't a perfect church out there. I really think that if a certain type of religion brings you closer to God and give you a strong personal relationship with Him, then it's done it's job. God will guide you the rest of the way. Trust me, if you really want to find Him in your heart, He'll get to you.

My belief is that you believe that Jesus is your one and only Savior and that He died for the forgiveness of your sins. You gotta be thankful to Him for that, BE TRUELY SORRY FOR THE SINS YOU HAVE COMMITED, ask for forgiveness, and the gift of eternal life is yours without question. He knows where you stand with Him in your heart, and believe me, people, knowing 100% that you'll be in heaven with Him after your life on earth is over is such a relief, it's undescribable.

Just from reading some of the posts I've seen on this board over the years, I'm truely thankful that there are people who are in the same boat as myself. There are other people on here that I worry about. I hope that they can also find what I have found. With family, friends, loved ones, even my second child that's now on the way, I have a lot to be thankful for and also a lot to pray for. I hold myself personally responsible for letting them know the way I believe. It's a hard task to do sometimes, but also a privilege to do so for Him. Although I'm a sinner, I try more times than people think to live the way He wants me to live. One of the best ways to teach how God wants you to live your life is through example. I am nowhere near where I need to be for that, but I'm working on it daily. Sorry for the rant, I'll jump off this soap box now.

I'm with you 100%
Sponsored Links
Advertisement