End of Days???? Signs of the End???? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

End of Days???? Signs of the End????

I don't really take a side on this but is worth the time to think about. With this massive Earthquake and resulting Tsunami, mass deaths, etc, some are saying this is one of the signs the end is near. Also, the higher frequency of natural disasters, fossil fuels closer to becoming used up causing economic turmoil and poss. future wars. Some even throw in the current violence and unrest in the middle east. You get the point. I personally do not think we will know when the ends comes as it is said to come like a theif in the night. Yes, I do think things such as natural disasters have been on the rise as well as strange weather but I also think this may be some sort of cycle. There also has been many times in the past that humans were sure the world was coming to an end. I suppose there is eveidence for both sides of the argument. Thoughts on this strange topic???????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 11:45 AM
Ultimate X-phoria

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!

Seriously, no. Every decade we have some type of war somewhere on the planet, then a few major natural disaster. This decade is no different, people just tend to forget, then when the next series of bad events take place, they think its the end.
post #3 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 11:47 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

post #4 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 12:02 PM
Oooooooh-whee

I'm sure people were thinking the same thing at the turn of the 20th century. Shit happens. Shit will always happen. I try not to worry myself relating world tragedy and natural disasters to biblical signs. I'd be more of a wreck than I am now. I just try and be thankful I wake up each day and I try have a little compassion for those who are suffering. The world is going to be what it is whether we like it or not.

8/16/05
post #5 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 12:07 PM
Scared s**tless

when the great depression hit, many of the bible belt believed the end was coming. droughts killed off our entire countries food supply, the economy went to SHIT, we were on the verge of another war as the entire world was trying to kill one another. well, lets fast-forward almost 70 years...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrisonBT
I sound shit out man, lol. Firefox didnt have a suggestion. I figure A) I'm waay too far off, or B) It's spanish, and Firefox is an English Fox.

I facepalm myself.
post #6 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 12:08 PM
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!

If you believe in the Bible, then you already know that only a fool would try to predict armegeddon.

We're Adopting. Contact us through our website.

http://www.theboyetts.com

You can also LIKE us on Facebook
post #7 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood
Seriously, no. Every decade we have some type of war somewhere on the planet, then a few major natural disaster. This decade is no different, people just tend to forget, then when the next series of bad events take place, they think its the end.
I'll have to agree with what hollywood said, though I definitely think that you have to at least consider things like this will happen when the world does end. As for the fighting in the middle east, it's always been that way and always will.
I have no doubt that certain events will mark the end of the world, but nobody will know what they are or when they will happen.
post #8 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 12:40 PM
Blessed

All I know is the Bible says, the generation that sees Isreal become a nation will not perish before the coming of the Lord. Isreal became a nation around 1948. So, it is coming within 50 years.
post #9 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 12:45 PM
Lifer

Screw it, where's that little briefcase with a red button that says "nuke" the president has carried around
post #10 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 01:06 PM
Darkside

I just want to see the end of this day.

If we run out of fuels............we will just focus on alternative fuels more. I really don't consider that to be an issue. We have the ability to run vehicles on things other than gas. We just won't do it because its a money thing.

"Time is the best teacher.........unfortunately it kills everyone of its students"
post #11 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 01:10 PM
Banned

There's a lot of bible pushers saying that this was predicted blah blah blah. I've read a lot of the bible and don't remember it word for word but I think it's safe to say that the bible has been wrong on more predictions than right.

Something like this was bound to happen at some point. We've had huge ass tidal waves ever since the beginning of time. It's just now with more people living on the coast the effects of the wave are a lot more devastating.

Now the wave from the Abyss(anyone see that movie)...that wave would tear some shit up.
post #12 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 01:21 PM
Custom User Title:

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopnut2
Now the wave from the Abyss(anyone see that movie)...that wave would tear some shit up.
Hell yeah, that was a big ass wave.

For a good time, call.........867-5309.
Ask for Jenny!
post #13 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Resident Curmudgeon

Heard on the news yesterday... Saudi Arabia INCREASED (yes, increased) it's oil reserve by 77% ... the standing reserve was already well over 200 Billion Barrels and the now have added another 77% to it... and Saudi Arabia has approximately only 1/4 of the known oil reserves....

Basically, what all this means is that there is still plenty of oil for the next 100 years or so... and probably there is significantly more than we currently know about... it's just a matter of accessing it...

The sky is NOT falling, no matter how much some groups would have you beleive it..

mardyn

R.I.P. James E. Berry 01/03/57-- 01/14/05

post #14 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 01:27 PM
The Mexican

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardyn
Heard on the news yesterday... Saudi Arabia INCREASED (yes, increased) it's oil reserve by 77% ... the standing reserve was already well over 200 Billion Barrels and the now have added another 77% to it... and Saudi Arabia has approximately only 1/4 of the known oil reserves....

Basically, what all this means is that there is still plenty of oil for the next 100 years or so... and probably there is significantly more than we currently know about... it's just a matter of accessing it...

The sky is NOT falling, no matter how much some groups would have you beleive it..

mardyn
some one wont be having money problems for a while...
post #15 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 02:51 PM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer
All I know is the Bible says, the generation that sees Isreal become a nation will not perish before the coming of the Lord. Isreal became a nation around 1948. So, it is coming within 50 years.
For the bible believing people you need to watch for the building of the 3rd temple. The abomination of desolation happens in the rebuilt 3rd temple which doesn't yet exist. Israel has plans for it and also has the cornerstone for the building and they are trying to get through the politics to get started on it.

The bible also speaks of earthquakes and false prophets during the last days.

If you don't believe then you should have nothing to worry about just move along, nothing to see here
post #16 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 02:54 PM
Time Served

One thing is GUARANTEED:

Today, we are one day closer to the end than we were yesterday.

2003 Sonic Blue GT
BBK CAI - Accufab TB/Plenum - Ford Racing 4.10's - Bassani O/R X-Pipe - Borla Stinger catback - RAM HDX Clutch - Pro 5.0 shifter
Ford Racing C-Springs - 18x9/10 Chrome FR500s - PowerSlot Rotors - Billet Interior - Mach Chin Spoiler - Cobra Rear Spoiler
post #17 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:02 PM
T-MINUS

It'll happen when it happens. Just ride the wave () until it does.

1/19/09, the last day of Free America.
Pericles "Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it. "

"[T]he people alone have an incontestable, unalienable, and indefeasible right to institute government and to reform, alter, or totally change the same when their protection, safety, prosperity, and happiness require it." --Samuel Adams

post #18 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:04 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeb
For the bible believing people you need to watch for the building of the 3rd temple. The abomination of desolation happens in the rebuilt 3rd temple which doesn't yet exist. Israel has plans for it and also has the cornerstone for the building and they are trying to get through the politics to get started on it.

The bible also speaks of earthquakes and false prophets during the last days.

If you don't believe then you should have nothing to worry about just move along, nothing to see here
I have heard that as well about the 3rd temple but will admit I do not know much about biblical events and predictions. If they know about the 3rd temple and what will supposedly happen why on they even trying to build it. They must have another belief about the future.
post #19 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:21 PM
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhtEdge
I have heard that as well about the 3rd temple but will admit I do not know much about biblical events and predictions. If they know about the 3rd temple and what will supposedly happen why on they even trying to build it. They must have another belief about the future.

The return of Christ isn't a bad thing. I say they need to hurry up and build it, I'm ready to go home.
post #20 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:27 PM
KEK

in 1984 everyone was saying this same exact crap.

03 Oxford White Cobra.
post #21 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by f0ur sixer
in 1984 everyone was saying this same exact crap.
Because terminators were coming to earth.
post #22 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:32 PM
KEK

And Aliens.

03 Oxford White Cobra.
post #23 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:33 PM
you cant see me

Quote:
Because terminators were coming to earth.
actually it was becuase of a book by george orwell but you wouldnt know anything about that trick
post #24 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Banned

I bet it was because I was born in 84'.
post #25 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:36 PM
Mavs Fan For Life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer

can you quote a specific book and verse on this?
post #26 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:38 PM
Banned

The bible says a lot of

Last edited by Monsoon X; 01-06-2005 at 03:19 PM.
post #27 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 03:46 PM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhtEdge
Israel is, of course, a Jewish nation and doesn't believe that Christ is the savior.

Here is some info I found about the rebuilding of the 3rd temple.

http://www.ovrlnd.com/InTheNews/3rdtemple.html
http://dunamai.com/articles/Israel/t...mple_built.htm
http://www.endtimeinfo.net/Temple/index.php
post #28 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 09:52 PM
I have tasted freedom!

the bible can be interpreted in so many ways. You have to take into account the author of the passage, the time it was written and the audience it was written to and the style of the writing. You can't take anything literally. Most of the bible was written to reveal truths about God and to teach us a lesson. Yea there's revelation but again it's so metaphorical that it all depends on the reader. If the end of times is coming then let it be, but there's no way in predicting when that's gonna happen. Only God knows that. The question we should all be asking is, if the end of times is really coming, are you ready?
post #29 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt
It'll happen when it happens. Just ride the wave () until it does.

That's what I was going to say
post #30 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 10:20 PM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickie83
You can't take anything literally
I wouldn't go that far. For example, I think John 3:16 -> 3:18 is crystal clear. I will also agree that parts of the bible (revelation) are quite symbolic and there are different opinions on the meanings of the scripture.

Quote:
If the end of times is coming then let it be, but there's no way in predicting when that's gonna happen. Only God knows that
I also will agree with this, but there are scriptures relating to signs of the end times. Matthew 24, for example. While none of us can say the exact date & time I do believe that these signs were given to Christians for a reason.

Quote:
if the end of times is really coming, are you ready?
The bottom line.
post #31 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 10:55 PM
KJ94GT

Quote:
Israel is, of course, a Jewish nation and doesn't believe that Christ is the savior.

Here is some info I found about the rebuilding of the 3rd temple.

http://www.ovrlnd.com/InTheNews/3rdtemple.html
http://dunamai.com/articles/Israel/t...mple_built.htm
http://www.endtimeinfo.net/Temple/index.php
Very enlightening reading, Mike. Thank you for those links.
post #32 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-30-2004, 06:33 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
I've read a lot of the bible and don't remember it word for word but I think it's safe to say that the bible has been wrong on more predictions than right.
OH GOD , here we go again. Dude, why must you always say something so stupid? The bible has never been proven to be wrong in anything, why do you keep insisting that it has when you can give no proof to your claims?

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #33 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 07:31 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy
Shit happens

And the bible is full of shit!
Not half as much as Garland.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!

Last edited by MoonDog; 12-31-2004 at 11:40 PM.
post #34 of 56 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 07:41 PM

Quote:
I've read a lot of the bible and don't remember it word for word but I think it's safe to say that the bible has been wrong on more predictions than right.
Got any examples?

Quote:
I've read the Bible a couple of times and don't recall that chapter and verse... help a brother out.

When you come down to it, it doesn't matter when it comes. We have our standing order(s)...
post #35 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 02:21 AM
STEP UP !

Anyone ever read "The Hot Zone"?

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."
post #36 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 07:59 AM
Saved by Grace

The world isn't going to end and Christ won't return until the gospel is preached to the ends of the earth. So someone has to go to the rain forrest and find a tribe of pygmys and tell them Jesus loves them and died for there sins. The little pygmy will say, wha sat do bing bing and we'll still have to wait.

I'm a man. I can change, if I have to, I guess.
post #37 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-01-2005, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Comet
The world isn't going to end and Christ won't return until the gospel is preached to the ends of the earth. So someone has to go to the rain forrest and find a tribe of pygmys and tell them Jesus loves them and died for there sins. The little pygmy will say, wha sat do bing bing and we'll still have to wait.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

And at that point, the Christians will torture them into believing or just kill them off. They're going to hell along with all the Muslims, buddhists, Jews, etc., anyway, right? At least that's what Mel Gibson says.
post #38 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 07:58 AM

Obviously you misunderstand. Christians aren't commanded to make anyone change their mind, we just have to preach the good news.
post #39 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 12:49 PM

Luke 9:27
But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.

Even Jesus thought the end of the world would happen before his disciples died.
post #40 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardyn

mardyn
In 1970 the proven reserves were to only last 30 years. In 2005 they say the provern reserves will only last 30 years.

It is what is the definition of "proven reverse".

Quote:
oil that we reasonably consider to be able to extract in the future from the know physical resources, with the known techniques (Technology) and in the present economic conditions
Technology in the 1970 could only extract 20-25% of the oil out of the ground and about 35% today.

A 1 or 2% increase in recoverable oil from gained technology would add a couple years to supply. As price of oil goes up, the incentive increases to make the technology to get the oil.
post #41 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 02:53 PM

Quote:
But I tell you truly, there are some standing here who will not taste death before they see the kingdom of God.
Read it in context. He does NOT say the world will end before they see the kingdom of God. He says they won't die. Perhaps Jesus has already come back? There's plenty of verses to support that view. I really hate discussing end times theology because of the amount of metaphors used. Too inconclusive. We've been told how to live and we should live that way whether the end comes tomorrow or not in our lifetimes.
post #42 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-02-2005, 10:54 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDevilDog
It is what is the definition of "proven reverse".
A proven reserve is only what they are willing to pledge to supply to the buyers, nothing more. In order to keep their self-worth as valuable as it is, they're not going to give away an estimate of everything they have. So, in other words, at least 30 years.
post #43 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 01:47 PM
Time Served

Something else that should be said about the rebuilding of the temple is this:

Jewish people use the temple for sacrifices - sacrifices for forgiveness of sins because they do not believe in Jesus. However, sacrifices could only take place in the temple - no temple, no sacrifices. That is one reason why the Jewish people want the temple rebuilt so they have a way of asking forgiveness for their sins.

Lisa T.

2007 Red Kawasaki Ninja 250

2002 Red Z28, t-tops, 6 speed (SOLD)
Mods: Lid and Holley Air Filter, 4.10 Gears, Y-Pipe, Magna Flow Exhaust, bypass pipes, ported TB, ET Streets
Best times:
12.272 in 1/4 @ 113.87 mph (1/16/05)
7.919 in 1/8 @ 88.52 mph (1/16/05)

<><
post #44 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 04:19 PM

I think the end is coming soon. The politics are already turning agents religion..and thats the big one..well i think it is.. i think its going to be in are life time.. I belive in God and JC but i think we will end are lifes befor he well..
post #45 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 08:24 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Does anyone have a Garland Translator?

Disclaimer:
post #46 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 08:52 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Go to the library and read some papers from back in the 30s and 40s. Life is good.
post #47 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 04:00 PM
Lifer

Well if you would read the bible its says in there that god will not give signs as to when he comes, but will suprise us. We had a discusion over this in one of my classes today, and backed it up with the bible.

Honesta Mors Turpi Vita Potior
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedLilPony
If you call me, I'll have phone sex with you.
post #48 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-11-2005, 06:10 PM
98 SVT Cobra

And I believe you to be wrong, there will be plenty of signs.

Disclaimer:
post #49 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 01:17 AM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue302stang
Well if you would read the bible its says in there that god will not give signs as to when he comes, but will suprise us. We had a discusion over this in one of my classes today, and backed it up with the bible.
There are some signs given in matthew 24.

No exact date is given, though

Just have your ducks in a row and you'll be fine.
post #50 of 56 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 12:05 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Just have your ducks in a row and you'll be fine.
God likes you to keep ducks?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement