Sometimes...just sometimes... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 08:40 PM Thread Starter
None

Sometimes...just sometimes...

JC / Randy -

I've thought alot about some of the things that ya'll have said recently and I just thought I'd share that I appreciate your perspective and profession of faith.

Whenever I become introspective towards my life and beliefs, I try to keep a balanced field in my mind as I work through the issues and hurdles of philisophical thought. What I've noticed it that I've generally approached the Christian faith much like a shy child. When JC mentioned that we were jsut arguing for the sake of arguing I really kinda got mad at myself becaseu it was obvious that I wasn't keeping an open mind or respecting ya'lls faith.

The skepticism I was holding was very deceptive. I thought I was being honest with myself, but in reflection I was far more willing to entertain the thoughts of why the Christian theology was flawed than I was to try and understand it or the nature of God. That and I was letting my distrust of human nature to discolor and tweak my view of Divine Nature.

So in the spirit of due course, I've dusted off a few theology books (Meyer, Swindoll, Dobson) that I bought and never really gave a fair chance at so we'll see how that goes.

Just don't expect me to sign all my posts God Bless or start tithing.

=C=
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 09:15 PM

Glad to hear you're being honest with yourself. May I suggest reading "Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 04:56 AM
Long Live T.S.

awsome man!

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 08:02 AM
98 SVT Cobra

I have always liked you Chris, nothing you have said recently or in the past has changed that. I believe you to be a good person with alot of good qualities. I pray that you find exactly what you are looking for, truth.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 08:11 AM
African Booty Scratcher

thats great,

let me be the first to extend the offer you to attend church with the wife and i. if yes lemme know, if no, lemme know when. it very big of you to admit that the other post got you to thinking. i would love to know what conclusion you come to.
merry christmas.

god bless.

You don't have to earn my respect, you have to earn my disrespect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean88gt View Post
Standing in a cell with tears running down your face and blood down your legs is no way to protest.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 06:58 AM
Saved by Grace

Open minds are hard to find, props to a big man. If some Christians come off to you as a little wacked out, thats because we are. You have to be a little crazy to live a life based on faith. I'm former atheist, then agnostic and then after a life kicked my ass bad enough, a believer. I think man is so prideful that we think we chose to believe in God. My experience shows that God choose's us. The harder or easier the process is up to us. I fought hard and long, and I'm glad I lost. Today I know where I came from, what I'm suppose to do while I'm here, and no doubt where I'm going after I leave here, how many people you know can say that?

Last edited by 72Comet; 12-24-2004 at 07:04 AM.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 03:06 PM
Every day is.............

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi
JC / Randy -

I've thought alot about some of the things that ya'll have said recently and I just thought I'd share that I appreciate your perspective and profession of faith.

Whenever I become introspective towards my life and beliefs, I try to keep a balanced field in my mind as I work through the issues and hurdles of philisophical thought. What I've noticed it that I've generally approached the Christian faith much like a shy child. When JC mentioned that we were jsut arguing for the sake of arguing I really kinda got mad at myself becaseu it was obvious that I wasn't keeping an open mind or respecting ya'lls faith.

The skepticism I was holding was very deceptive. I thought I was being honest with myself, but in reflection I was far more willing to entertain the thoughts of why the Christian theology was flawed than I was to try and understand it or the nature of God. That and I was letting my distrust of human nature to discolor and tweak my view of Divine Nature.

So in the spirit of due course, I've dusted off a few theology books (Meyer, Swindoll, Dobson) that I bought and never really gave a fair chance at so we'll see how that goes.

=C=

Excellent post!
Good luck in your searches.

David

Last edited by cobrajet69; 01-10-2005 at 03:38 PM.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-10-2005, 03:13 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi
JC / Randy -

=C=
Congratulations! I know how hard this decision was for you, but from this point forward it does get a little easier. May God lead you in your search for the truth!

Lisa T.

2007 Red Kawasaki Ninja 250

2002 Red Z28, t-tops, 6 speed (SOLD)
Mods: Lid and Holley Air Filter, 4.10 Gears, Y-Pipe, Magna Flow Exhaust, bypass pipes, ported TB, ET Streets
Best times:
12.272 in 1/4 @ 113.87 mph (1/16/05)
7.919 in 1/8 @ 88.52 mph (1/16/05)

<><
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 09:41 PM
I have tasted freedom!

I suggest reading The Confession by St. Thomas Aquinas. That book changed my life and I think every single one of us can relate to him at one point in our lives.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 12:44 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Just because we differed in our religious views doesn't mean I didn't like you. I hope that you will realize just what it is that God truly wants us to be and not what some "preachers" say we should be.

You'll always be my RIGGS!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Chris-JC.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	22409  

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-13-2005, 01:14 PM

This is encouraging...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement