Suicide - Hell... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 08:37 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Suicide - Hell...

I was curious to know how you guys felt about doing what the bible says is the greatest sin.

Do you guys feel that all people that commit suicide will go to hell/Purgatory? or is there a different circumstances in situation that might be an acceptiong?

www.SMALLBLOCKPOSSE.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 01:24 PM
Time Served

Out of curiosity, could you please provide the specific quote(s) in the bible that state(s) that suicide is the greatest sin?
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 01:28 PM
I love Meat.

I think suicide is the most selfish thing anyone could ever do, I hate seeing what it does to the family that is left behind. ESPECIALLY CHILDREN!

2004 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Raven
This is exactly why if I ever have a daughter, I'm going to teach her to swallow early on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marisa
Undietaker is my hero.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhujanga
Out of curiosity, could you please provide the specific quote(s) in the bible that state(s) that suicide is the greatest sin?
Sorry, can't quote, maybe I should rephrase...

If we were told that commiting suicide was a detremental sin, and your soul would be punished by living eternity in purgatory...what happens if someone started there plan and during there act decided this was the wrong thing to do but was too late.

I kind've agree with you undertaker on what it does to the family and children, but it takes alot of desperation and a sickness that is highly over looked (depression) to make people do that.

www.SMALLBLOCKPOSSE.com
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 10:17 PM
duh...duh....duh

Well, what if it were justified to yourself. i.e. you were drinking and driving, kill one or more people and just got life in prison, 20 years or less? Would it be...

1. Your punishment for doing something stupid? Meaning, live a lifetime with that guilt.

or

2. Would it be you providing society justice by whacking yourself?

Either way, don't kill yourself - chances are it ain't that bad.

My '03 Sold.
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 01:35 AM
Blessed

If you commit suicide and you are not saved, you go to Hell. If you commit suicide and are saved you will not go to Hell. You can't lose your salvation because of a sin. Some people say, "Well, you can't ask for forgiveness if you kill yourself, so you go to Hell.". Jesus died for our sins from yesterday today and forever. When you get saved your sins are wiped clean forever. If you had to ask forgiveness for every sin you made, what would happen if you forgot one? We sin and don't even know it at times. Jesus died for us once, you don't become saved lost, saved lost, or get born again again. No one sin is greater than another. If you sin once, you are guilty of all sins. Get saved and you are guilty of no sin. Jesus freed us from sin, not to sin. So, if you think you are going to get saved just so you can run around and act like the Devil, your motives are wrong and you aren't truely saved.

Last edited by StangTamer; 12-24-2004 at 02:14 AM.
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer
If you commit suicide and you are not saved, you go to Hell. If you commit suicide and are saved you will not go to Hell. You can't loose your salvation because of a sin. Some people say, "Well, you can't ask for forgiveness if you kill yourself, so you go to Hell.". Jesus died for our sins from yesterday today and forever. When you get saved your sins are wiped clean forever. If you had to ask forgiveness for every sin you made, what would happen if you forgot one? We sin and don't even know it at times. Jesus died for us once, you don't become saved lost, saved lost, or get born again again. No one sin is greater than another. If you sin once you are guilty of all sins. Get saved and you are guilty of no sin. Though Jesus is not freed us from sin not to sin. If you think you are going to get saved just so you can run around and act like the Devil, your motives are wrong and you aren't truely saved.

well put!
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 11:08 PM
Now Coupeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow-oh555
well put!
Yep!
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 11:43 PM
Foxbody King

if you kiill yourself you go in to a box in the ground and cost your family greif and bout $5k to bury your dumb ass

2003 cobra DSG
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 11:44 PM
duh...duh....duh

Good point, leave it to you to make it super simple.

My '03 Sold.
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-23-2004, 11:50 PM
Foxbody King

2003 cobra DSG
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-25-2004, 01:41 PM

post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer
If you commit suicide and you are not saved, you go to Hell. If you commit suicide and are saved you will not go to Hell. You can't lose your salvation because of a sin. Some people say, "Well, you can't ask for forgiveness if you kill yourself, so you go to Hell.". Jesus died for our sins from yesterday today and forever. When you get saved your sins are wiped clean forever. If you had to ask forgiveness for every sin you made, what would happen if you forgot one? We sin and don't even know it at times. Jesus died for us once, you don't become saved lost, saved lost, or get born again again. No one sin is greater than another. If you sin once, you are guilty of all sins. Get saved and you are guilty of no sin. Jesus freed us from sin, not to sin. So, if you think you are going to get saved just so you can run around and act like the Devil, your motives are wrong and you aren't truely saved.
Very Well Put
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 05:31 PM

The Lord is close to all who call on him, yes, to all who call on Him sincerely.
--Psalm 145:18

Sincerely
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 11:48 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy
if you kiill yourself you go in to a box in the ground and cost your family greif and bout $5k to bury your dumb ass
it cost me more than $5k, thanks for your moronic comment. When I need a dicks opinion i'll make sure to look you up.

Stangtamer u have a PM

www.SMALLBLOCKPOSSE.com
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 12:38 AM
duh...duh....duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DbonezNY
it cost me more than $5k, thanks for your moronic comment. When I need a dicks opinion i'll make sure to look you up.
I thought his reason was as good as any reason not to kill yourself. I think your response would've been appropriate had he told someone to kill themself. However, he discouraged it in his own way/words.

My '03 Sold.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 01:00 AM
Foxbody King

guido go fuck yourself and eat some pizza Before i have your ass sleeping with the fish

2003 cobra DSG
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 04:42 PM

Sleeping with the fish? Wouldn't it be Fishes, Plural. Unless you have a big pond with one fish in it. Wow im sure you have that capability. Do you have any idea how intelligent you sound. Seriously, by reading your petty insults and comments I believe everyones IQ was just lowered some 5 points or so.
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 06:17 PM
98 SVT Cobra

It could be fish or fishes, either way is correct. But at any rate, Jeremy is still an idiot.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 08:25 PM
Foxbody King

and your not??

2003 cobra DSG
post #21 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 09:46 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
idiot (d-t)
n.
  1. A foolish or stupid person.
  2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers.
Nah, it doesn't really fit me since I finished in the top 10% of my graduating class.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #22 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 09:50 PM
Foxbody King

WOW want a cookie? Your still a dumbass

2003 cobra DSG
post #23 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-27-2004, 10:09 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Only if its not peanut butter, I hate peanut butter cookies.

Disclaimer:
post #24 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-28-2004, 03:31 AM

Suicide is not the answer. I think it's the most selfish thing you can do period. I have no remorse for anyone who commits suicide. I had no feeling of grief whatsoever when one of my best friends killed herself. She took away that which only God has the right to take.
post #25 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 11:31 AM

What about the following situation...
Your over in iraq and are in a room about to be captured by knife toting towel heads.They tell you they are going to chop off your head in 1day.You have one bullet.Do you use it on yourself??
Does that make that person a sinner for not wanting to die a painfull death?Does that make that person shelfish for wanting a quick death?
post #26 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 11:41 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90dfw
Your over in iraq and are in a room about to be captured by knife toting towel heads.They tell you they are going to chop off your head in 1day.You have one bullet.Do you use it on yourself??
Does that make that person a sinner for not wanting to die a painfull death?Does that make that person shelfish for wanting a quick death?
Reminds me of that cliche...

"There is an exception to every rule".

Personally, I find it horribly selfish. But, I am not a religious person and will refrain from comment as to whether or not I think a person who does it will or will not go to hell.
post #27 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90dfw

Trick question...
post #28 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 10:04 PM
Saved by Grace

I'd aim for the towel.
post #29 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-29-2004, 11:38 PM

I'd take as many of them out as i can because if I'm going to die I'm going to take someone with me. Once I use that bullet you can bet your ass I'm still going to use the gun to pistol whip the shit out of some of those cockbites.
post #30 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-30-2004, 02:28 AM
Factory Issue

what if after you're saved, you later come to reject the ideas of christianity, specifically christ's divinity, etc? I used to be baptist, and born again, but now I don't believe in christ. since my lack of belief is technically a sin, am I saved for having been saved in the past, or am I damned?

also, purgatory is an invention of the catholic church.

Give me a dollar.
post #31 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-30-2004, 10:09 AM
IA2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimmeabeer
what if after you're saved, you later come to reject the ideas of christianity, specifically christ's divinity, etc? I used to be baptist, and born again, but now I don't believe in christ. since my lack of belief is technically a sin, am I saved for having been saved in the past, or am I damned?
This is a deep topic but maybe the "unpardonable sin" applies here:

Matthew 12:31-32

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.

32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come. (KJV)

Here is the commentary I found with these verses:

"Now the unpardonable sin is not merely a one time action. The Pharisees, hearts were hard and they repeatedly casted off the works of Jesus as not being of God. Even here they were calling the Spirit of God the spirit of Satan. Once the Pharisees had rejected Jesus as being the Son of God there was no hope for them to receive forgiveness of sins since a person's sins can only be washed away by the blood of Jesus. The same is true for people today who continually reject Jesus and the work of the Holy Spirit as not of God."

http://www.thewordsofeternallife.com...nable_sin.html
post #32 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 07:32 PM

I don't think that's the most applicable passage but I agree, you can lose your salvation. If anybody wants 'em, I'll dig up my supporting verses.
post #33 of 33 (permalink) Old 12-31-2004, 07:33 PM

Quote:
and your not??
Oh yeah, it's "you're" not "your".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement