Iraq - Very Interesting - Did You Know? - DFWstangs Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 10:36 AM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Iraq - Very Interesting - Did You Know?

IRAQ - VERY INTERESTING - DID YOU KNOW?

1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq.

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq.

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq!

11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in
Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.

17. The wise men were from Iraq.

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon,which
was a city in Iraq!

And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often
mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq!
However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible. The names used in
the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word
Mesopotamia
means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates
Rivers. The name Iraq, means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country
in the Bible.

No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated
it than Iraq.

And also... This is something to think about! Since America is typically
represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim
passages...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a
fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands
of
Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more
rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there
was peace.

Cobra Commander is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 09:19 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 948
Thumbs up

Wow, not only have you never heard of snopes.com, but you also missed the 247 OTHER times that has been disproved on this website alone. Way to go.
Pennywise is offline  
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 07:46 AM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywise
Wow, not only have you never heard of snopes.com, but you also missed the 247 OTHER times that has been disproved on this website alone. Way to go.
Actually the first people on earth were black, and there is proof that Jesus was black... So why do you see him in history or in paintings as being a white man with long hair? People from this region did not look like that...

If I received a penny for every statement like yours, I'd be Pennywise for every penny earned...

Cobra Commander is offline  
 
post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 08:03 AM
98 SVT Cobra
 
MoonDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 5,109
People from the Middle East are not black, they are a dark brown or tan. And so was Jesus. People used to name their children because their name actually meant something. Noah named one of his children Ham because he was different from the other kids. He was black. Hence, the first black man.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
MoonDog is offline  
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 01:13 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo
 
01WhiteCobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Where's my beer?
Posts: 21,924
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
Noah named one of his children Ham because he was different from the other kids.
Interesting. I always thought it was because he had a nose shaped like a pig snout.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
01WhiteCobra is offline  
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 02:44 PM
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 948
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Actually the first people on earth were black, and there is proof that Jesus was black... So why do you see him in history or in paintings as being a white man with long hair? People from this region did not look like that...

If I received a penny for every statement like yours, I'd be Pennywise for every penny earned...
I was refering to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated
it than Iraq.

And also... This is something to think about! Since America is typically
represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim
passages...

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a
fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands
of
Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more
rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there
was peace.

I don't believe in god or jesus, so the rest of that tripe is irrelevent to me anyway. Thanks for playing.
Pennywise is offline  
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennywise
I was refering to this:




I don't believe in god or jesus, so the rest of that tripe is irrelevent to me anyway. Thanks for playing.
Sorry for Over-reaction Thursday, I thought you were talking about the historical facts such as Mesopotamia, or Babylon, which were in Iraq. Anyways I got this from an email the day of this post....

Cobra Commander is offline  
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 03:41 PM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
People from the Middle East are not black, they are a dark brown or tan. And so was Jesus. People used to name their children because their name actually meant something. Noah named one of his children Ham because he was different from the other kids. He was black. Hence, the first black man.

Archeologists have found skulls and bones in Africa that have been oldest yet. The have done forensic clay reconstructions to prove this other wise. Hence the first people were from Africa. You and I are from African decent...

Jewish people at that time migrated all over that region of the world. Now that doesn't mean that the ancestory of Jesus did not come from Africa, or that they were always born from the Middle East either my brother.

Jesus having blonde hair and blue eyes dipicted in historical paintings thoughout the last 2,000 years... This is not so in Revelations wouldn't you agree?

Cobra Commander is offline  
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 03:58 PM
98 SVT Cobra
 
MoonDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 5,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaolin
Jesus having blonde hair and blue eyes dipicted in historical paintings thoughout the last 2,000 years... This is not so in Revelations wouldn't you agree?
This I agree with. I just disagree that He was/is black.

Just because the bones that archeologists have found are the oldest to be found does not nessesarily mean that the first people were from Africa. Nor does it mean that I (a white european male) am of African descent.

It is my belief that when Adam and Eve were created that they had the genetics of all the races and as the worlds population increased the genetic pigmentations began to come out in our skin colors.

BTW, the quote of Koran (9:11) is inaccurate. Look it up and you will see exactly what it says.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
MoonDog is offline  
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 03:59 PM Thread Starter
The Rise Of COBRA!
 
Cobra Commander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Irving
Posts: 1,805
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01WhiteCobra
Interesting. I always thought it was because he had a nose shaped like a pig snout.

Now read this in II Kings...


2 Kings 5. Gehazi the servant of Elisha was not truthful with his master and the leprosy that Naaman had was transferred to Gehazi. The interesting point about this story is this is the first time that the leprosy was passed on to descendents and it says forever. In all other instances of leprosy either the person was cured of the leprosy or they died with it, but it was not passed on to the oncoming generations. This instance in 2 Kings 5 is where it is believed that the Caucasian or fair skinned line of people originated.

Cobra Commander is offline  
post #11 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-02-2004, 06:56 PM
bbo
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 42
I do not understand why people debate the race of Jesus or other historic people of importance. I believe God's word teaches us to love everybody as we love our self! If you have issues of Jesus being of a darker race then how can you love him with that in your way. Should we not see a person for who he is on the inside and not for what our eyes see. Jesus was sent here to be a sacrifice for all not just his race. He is my Savior regardless of his race, nationality, hair color, eye color, weight, size, or any thing else people try to label with!
bbo is offline  
post #12 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 01:00 AM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbo
He is my Savior regardless of his race, nationality, hair color, eye color, weight, size, or any thing else people try to label with!

Now seriously, in this day of Commercialization, don't you think a hispanic woman overweight Jesus would be a hard sell? You even chose the color sienna to post that little rant in. Coincidence?
talisman is offline  
post #13 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-03-2004, 09:44 PM
bbo
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
Now seriously, in this day of Commercialization, don't you think a hispanic woman overweight Jesus would be a hard sell? You even chose the color sienna to post that little rant in. Coincidence?
Your user title fits!
bbo is offline  
post #14 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 05:21 PM
you wanna run?
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Arlington
Posts: 720
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbo
I do not understand why people debate the race of Jesus or other historic people of importance. I believe God's word teaches us to love everybody as we love our self! If you have issues of Jesus being of a darker race then how can you love him with that in your way. Should we not see a person for who he is on the inside and not for what our eyes see. Jesus was sent here to be a sacrifice for all not just his race. He is my Savior regardless of his race, nationality, hair color, eye color, weight, size, or any thing else people try to label with!
yea dude ditto. Some one comes up with at "fact", and the next day somebody can disprove you.
If it makes some of you happy: God is White.
It the first statement pisses you off ignore it: God is Black.
Now I hope everyone is happy.

Formerly on the Submarine USS Maryland SSBN 738G
Phillip is offline  
post #15 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 05:42 PM
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
I though Ham was black becuase noah cursed him, after Ham found him drunk and naked? I havnt been in depth in the bible for a while.
SlowLX is offline  
post #16 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 06:32 PM
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 256
Quote:
I though Ham was black becuase noah cursed him, after Ham found him drunk and naked?
Noah cursed him because when he found him drunk and naked, he laughed. Shem & Japheth walked into the tent backwards and covered him up. It does NOT say that the curse turned him black.

People of every race envision God and Jesus as being their own nationality. It's not correct of course but neither is it a sin as long as they don't claim that it's gospel truth. I really don't see how it matters one way or the other.

Quote:
This instance in 2 Kings 5 is where it is believed that the Caucasian or fair skinned line of people originated.
Wow. If you follow that line of reasoning every white person has leprosy. Just because leprosy can look white... doesn't mean every body who looks white has leprosy.

Last edited by JKDGabe; 12-07-2004 at 07:09 PM. Reason: I was a little harsh... took it out.
JKDGabe is offline  
post #17 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 07:57 PM
not exclude
 
exlude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 9,838
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
It is my belief that when Adam and Eve were created that they had the genetics of all the races and as the worlds population increased the genetic pigmentations began to come out in our skin colors.
With the diploid chromosomal structure of human beings, that would be impossible.

Further, the color of ones skin is an evolutionary result of environmental pressures. In certain environments, when humans were more prone to such effects, certain skin colors had greater fitness.
exlude is offline  
post #18 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 06:16 AM
98 SVT Cobra
 
MoonDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 5,109
We are not talking evolution here. We are talking Bible. The Bible states that we all came from two original human beings, not a slug. They had to have had all the makings of all the races in order for the races to emerge throughout time.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
MoonDog is offline  
post #19 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-13-2004, 01:29 PM
Time Served
 
97GTLunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Little Elm/Frisco
Posts: 893
Ummm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
We are not talking evolution here. We are talking Bible. The Bible states that we all came from two original human beings, not a slug. They had to have had all the makings of all the races in order for the races to emerge throughout time.
I disagree, remember this is God we are talking about, you are taking a more Scientific approach like DNA, Genetics, Heredity etc with that statement.

IMHO and mine alone I personally think all races were created at the tower of Babal, along with all the different languages.

I could also go on and on about all the mis-truths and exagerations black people spout all the time about the beginning of humans, to being decendants of Kings, rulling the known earth etc etc but then I would be called a racist instead of folks doing the research, not to mention some things on the face of it alone.
97GTLunatic is offline  
post #20 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 07:23 AM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbo
Your user title fits!

I aim to please.
talisman is offline  
post #21 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 07:50 AM
98 SVT Cobra
 
MoonDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 5,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97GTLunatic
I disagree, remember this is God we are talking about, you are taking a more Scientific approach like DNA, Genetics, Heredity etc with that statement.

IMHO and mine alone I personally think all races were created at the tower of Babal, along with all the different languages.

I could also go on and on about all the mis-truths and exagerations black people spout all the time about the beginning of humans, to being decendants of Kings, rulling the known earth etc etc but then I would be called a racist instead of folks doing the research, not to mention some things on the face of it alone.
Thats cool, we can disagree. That is just what I believe, in no way is it ment to be gospel. You could be right, but to me, my way seems more plausible since Ham (a black man) was born long before the Tower of Babal. So the genetics had to be there to begin with.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
MoonDog is offline  
post #22 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 08:19 AM
Time Served
 
97GTLunatic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Little Elm/Frisco
Posts: 893
Well the issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
Thats cool, we can disagree. That is just what I believe, in no way is it ment to be gospel. You could be right, but to me, my way seems more plausible since Ham (a black man) was born long before the Tower of Babal. So the genetics had to be there to begin with.
I guess the real problem is no one REALLY knows, I wish we did, I wish there were more written history other than the bible, we dont get a real record of the world until the Romans so anything prior to that really is only recorded in the Bible which by nature is a religious book written by religious people. The catholic religion can be a good indicator why you should be sceptical from the beginning about religious inspired books.

Not to mention most of the bible was interpreted by Greeks and then Catholics so we have no idea just how accurate the Bible is in the form we read today. I personally just see it simply as I believe in God, his Son and the Holy Spirit (Comforter) I am saved so therefore will enter Heaven provided I do best I can to do whats right in the eyes of God.
97GTLunatic is offline  
post #23 of 23 (permalink) Old 12-14-2004, 09:40 AM
98 SVT Cobra
 
MoonDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 5,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97GTLunatic
I guess the real problem is no one REALLY knows, I wish we did, I wish there were more written history other than the bible, we dont get a real record of the world until the Romans so anything prior to that really is only recorded in the Bible which by nature is a religious book written by religious people. The catholic religion can be a good indicator why you should be sceptical from the beginning about religious inspired books.

Not to mention most of the bible was interpreted by Greeks and then Catholics so we have no idea just how accurate the Bible is in the form we read today. I personally just see it simply as I believe in God, his Son and the Holy Spirit (Comforter) I am saved so therefore will enter Heaven provided I do best I can to do whats right in the eyes of God.
We just have to have enough faith that God would not allow enough molestation of scripture to change its meaning. And I dont believe that it has. There has been alot of historical discoveries over the years that has helped validate the Bible. Even the Dead Sea Scrolls found that have been dated to around 500 bc are extremely close to the current translations that we have today. There are also several other world religions that speak of a world wide flood as outlined in the Bible.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
MoonDog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome