Sharing of scriptures and uplifting items in here! - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 09:43 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Sharing of scriptures and uplifting items in here!

I'd like a thread where we can post scriptures and stories that are special to us and uplifting for everyone to read and enjoy! I'll start!

I am a Christian and proud of it. I wasn't always, but I am glad I heard the truth and I'm glad I chose Jesus.

"I would rather live my life as if there is a God and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is." Albert Camus

Lisa T.

2007 Red Kawasaki Ninja 250

2002 Red Z28, t-tops, 6 speed (SOLD)
Mods: Lid and Holley Air Filter, 4.10 Gears, Y-Pipe, Magna Flow Exhaust, bypass pipes, ported TB, ET Streets
Best times:
12.272 in 1/4 @ 113.87 mph (1/16/05)
7.919 in 1/8 @ 88.52 mph (1/16/05)

<><
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 05:10 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Couple of good ones that I have always tried to fall back on.

Gal. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (King James)

Eph. 4:29 Do not use harmful words, but only helpful words, the kind that build up and provide what is needed, so that what you say will do good to those who hear you. (Good News Bible)

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 09:05 PM

Smile

Thank you Lisa for starting this post!

I followed Lisa over from Mach 1 registry where the moderator closed down a similar thread because of the constant hateful posts of a couple of non-believers. Actually I didn't mind their posts because Luke 6:22-23 says "Blessed are you when men hate you, and when they exclude you, and revile you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of Man's sake. Rejoice in that day and leap for joy!" The more that non-believers can hear witness to the absolute joy and power that comes from knowing Jesus, the better the chance that something someday will click and they will be saved.

My favorite uplifting praise music is just about anything by Phillips, Craig and Dean -- we sing a lot of their songs in worship service at our church. Their website is www.pcdministries.com/default.asp
On the right hand side are links to short sections from 10 of their songs. The last time I went to the dragstrip I played their CD as I was going down the track.

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-22-2004, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog

Gal. 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. (King James)
Forgot to mention - Phillips Craig & Dean have a beautiful song titled "crucified with Christ" -- this must be the scripture the song is drawn from.
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 01:40 AM
Out

This one always hits a special spot for me... probably one of my favorites.

John 15:13 - Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 01:49 AM
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
This one always hits a special spot for me... probably one of my favorites.

John 15:13 - Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Third Day has a good song on that one.
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 02:03 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer
Third Day has a good song on that one.
No way! Link?
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 02:05 AM
Blessed

One of my favorites is..."Seek yea first the Kingdom of God, and all good things shall be added unto you".

"Be not decieved, evil comunications corrupts good manner."

"Even a fool who holds his peace, is counted wise."
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-25-2004, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

For those who do not believe in the Rapture please read:

When Jesus was with His disciples He told them He would always be with them and when He left and went to be with His Father He would send the Comforter to take care of them until He returned. In order for satan to one day inhabit this earth and be able to rule it as he sees fit, the Comforter will no longer be here as He is the only one that is keeping satan at bay and why satan doesn't have more control than he does.

So, if the Comforter is removed so satan can begin his earthly reign, and Jesus said the Comforter would be with us until Jesus returned, then how can we still be here without the Comforter?

Well, we can't. When the Comforter is taken away, we will be taken away with Him. That is when the trumpet will sound and Jesus will come back to get His church - US!
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-26-2004, 08:55 PM
Boost is Good

Luke 6: 43-45
43"No good tree bears bad fruit, nor does a bad tree bear good fruit. 44Each tree is recognized by its own fruit. People do not pick figs from thornbushes, or grapes from briers. 45The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.
post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Here is a great one:

The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid; The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me; In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God: and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears. 2 Samuel 22:2-7 KJV.

Lisa T.

Mods: Lid and Holley Air Filter, 4.10 Gears, Y-Pipe, Magna Flow Exhaust, bypass pipes, ported TB, ET Streets
Best times:

<><
post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

This is one of my favorites!

Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.

Matthew 11:28-30

Lisa T.

Best times:

<><
post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 04:27 PM
Saved by Grace

One of my favs, In this world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer for I have overcome the world.
post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 07:18 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

WWJD. Yes it is widely publicized as "What Would Jesus Do?" Here is one that I like better:

"Why Would Jesus Die?" I know the answer - He died for me - so a door would be opened for me - so my sins would be forgiven - so His blood would wash my sins away. Jesus died for me and I am truly grateful He did.
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-11-2004, 07:33 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

The Letter

Sally jumped up as soon as she saw the surgeon come out of the operating room. She said: "How is my little boy? Is he going to be all right? When can I see him?"

The surgeon said, "I'm sorry. We did all we could, but your boy didn't make it."

Sally said, "Why do little children get cancer? Doesn't God care any more? Where were you, God, when my son needed you?"

The surgeon asked, "Would you like some time alone with your son? One of the nurses will be out in a few minutes, before he's transported to the university."

Sally asked the nurse to stay with her while she said good-bye to son. She ran her fingers lovingly through his thick red curly hair.

"Would you like a lock of his hair?" the nurse asked.

Sally nodded yes. The nurse cut a lock of the boy's hair, put it in a plastic bag and handed it to Sally. The mother said, "It was Jimmy's idea to donate his body to the university for study. He said it might help somebody else. "I said no at first, but Jimmy said, 'Mom, I won't be using it after I die. Maybe it will help some other little boy spend one more day with his Mom." She went on, "My Jimmy had a heart of gold. Always thinking of someone else. Always wanting to help others if he could."

Sally walked out of Children's mercy Hospital for the last time, after spending most of the last six months there. She put the bag with Jimmy's belongings on the seat beside her in the car. The drive home was difficult. It was even harder to enter the empty house. She carried Jimmy's belongings, and the plastic bag with the lock of his hair to her son's room. She started placing the model cars and other personal things back in his room exactly where he had always kept them. She laid down across his bed and, hugging his pillow, cried herself to sleep.

It was around midnight when Sally awoke. Laying beside her on the bed was a folded letter. The letter said:

"Dear Mom, I know you're going to miss me; but don't think that I will ever forget you, or stop loving you, just 'cause I'm not around to say I LOVE YOU. I will always love you, Mom, even more with each day. Someday we will see each other again. Until then, if you want to adopt a little boy so you won't be so lonely, that's okay with me. He can have my room and old stuff to play with. But, if you decide to get a girl instead, she probably
wouldn't like the same things us boys do. You'll have to buy her dolls and stuff girls like, you know. Don't be sad thinking about me. This really is a neat place. Grandma and Grandpa met me as soon as I got here and showed me around some, but it will take a long time to see everything. The angels are so cool. I love to watch them fly. And, you know what? Jesus doesn't look like any of his pictures. Yet, when I saw Him, I knew it was Him.
Jesus himself took me to see GOD! And guess what, Mom? I got to sit on God's knee and talk to Him, like I was somebody important. That's when I told Him that I wanted to write you a letter, to tell you good-bye and everything. But I already knew that wasn't allowed. Well, you know what Mom? God handed me some paper and His own personal pen to write you this letter. I think Gabriel is the name of the angel who is going to drop this letter off to you. God said for me to give you the answer to one of the
questions you asked Him 'Where was He when I needed him?' "God said He was in the same place with me, as when His son Jesus was on the cross. He was right there, as He always is with all His children.

Oh, by the way, Mom, no one else can see what I've written except you. To everyone else this is just a blank piece of paper. Isn't that cool? I have to give God His pen back now. He needs it to write some more names in the Book of Life. Tonight I get to sit at the table with Jesus for supper. I'm, sure the food will be great.

Oh, I almost forgot to tell you. I don't hurt anymore. The cancer is all gone. I'm glad because I couldn't stand that pain anymore and God couldn't stand to see me hurt so much, either. That's when He sent The Angel of Mercy to come get me. The Angel said I was a Special Delivery! How about that?

Signed with Love from: God, Jesus & Me.
post #16 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-14-2004, 03:50 PM
Time Served

Just finished reading Romans a while back and these verses have been on my heart ever since...

Who shall seperate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to seperate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord
Romans 8:35, 37-39 NIV

Basically, these verses to me say that whatever the circumstances, whatever mistakes we make, etc....He still loves us and will be with us because of the work of His Son.

Hope this encourages someone like it did me

slix 86
1986 Mustang GT

post #17 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-18-2004, 06:40 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

God didn't promise smooth sailing...but a safe landing.

2In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. John 14:2
post #18 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 02:12 PM

Nice thread...I have been away for a while and this was great to come back to!
post #19 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-24-2004, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by four5.0snomore
Nice thread...I have been away for a while and this was great to come back to!
Thank you! I'm glad you are enjoying it. I hope to keep it going as I find new and awesome things to post. I just wish more members would post inspirational and uplifting items that they enjoy! Hopefully it will catch on and more members will post here!

Thanks again! Have a blessed Thanksgiving!
post #20 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-29-2004, 01:32 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Justice - when you get what you deserve.

Mercy - when you don't get what you deserve.

Grace - when you get what you don't deserve.
post #21 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 09:25 AM

I have always loved that...
post #22 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 10:50 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaz28
Justice - when you get what you deserve.

Mercy - when you don't get what you deserve.

Grace - when you get what you don't deserve.
God's
Riches
At
Christ's
Expense
post #23 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 04:13 PM

Wait on the Lord, be of good courage and He shall strengthen your heart: wait, I say, on the Lord. Psalms 27:14
post #24 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 10:39 PM
Out

Got Time?

I knelt to pray but not for long,
I had too much to do.
I had to hurry and get to work
For bills would soon be due.

So I knelt and said a hurried prayer,
And jumped up off my knees.
My Christian duty was now done
My soul could rest at ease.

All day long I had no time
To spread a word of cheer.
No time to speak of Christ to friends,
They'd laugh at me I'd fear.

No time, no time, too much to do,
That was my constant cry,
No time to give to souls in need
But at last the time, the time to die.

I went before the Lord,
I came, I stood with downcast eyes.
For in his hands God held a book;
It was the book of life.

God looked into his book and said
"Your name I cannot find.
I once was going to write it down...
But never found the time"
post #25 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-05-2004, 10:40 PM
Out

There once was a man named George Thomas, pastor in a small New England town. One Easter Sunday morning he came to the Church carrying a rusty, bent, old bird cage, and set it by the pulpit. Eyebrows were raised and, as if in response, Pastor Thomas began to speak..."I was walking through town yesterday when I saw a young boy coming toward me swinging this bird cage. On the bottom of the cage were three little wild birds, shivering with cold and fright. I stopped the lad and asked, "What you got there, son?" "Just some old birds," came the reply. "What are you gonna do with them?" I asked. "Take 'em home and have fun with 'em," he answered. "I'm gonna tease 'em and pull out their feathers to make 'em fight. I'm gonna have a real good time" "But you'll get tired of those birds sooner or later. What will you do?" "Oh, I got some cats," said the little boy. "They like birds. I'll take 'em to them." The pastor was silent for a moment. "How much do you want for those birds, son?" "Huh?? !!! Why, you don't want them birds, mister. They're just plain old field birds. They don't sing. They ain't even pretty!" "How much?" the pastor asked again. The boy sized up the pastor as if he were crazy and said, "$10?" The pastor reached in his pocket and took out a ten dollar bill. He placed it in the boy's hand. In a flash, the boy was gone. The pastor picked up the cage and gently carried it to the end of the alley where there was a tree and a grassy spot Setting the cage down, he opened the door, and by softly tapping the bars persuaded the birds out, setting them free.

Well, that explained the empty bird cage on the pulpit, and then the pastor began to tell this story.

One day Satan and Jesus were having a conversation. Satan had just come from the Garden of Eden, and he was gloating and boasting. "Yes, sir, I just caught the world full of people down there. Set me a trap, used bait I knew they couldn't resist. Got 'em all!" "What are you going to do with them?" Jesus asked. Satan replied, "Oh, I'm gonna have fun! I'm gonna teach them how to marry and divorce each other, how to hate and abuse each other, how to drink and smoke and curse. I'm gonna teach them how to invent guns and bombs and kill each other. I'm really gonna have fun!" "And what will you do when you get done with them?" Jesus asked. "Oh, I'll kill 'em," Satan glared proudly. "How much do you want for them?" Jesus asked "Oh, you don't want those people. They ain't no good. Why, you'll take them and they'll just hate you. They'll spit on you, curse you and kill you. You don't want those people!!" "How much?" He asked again. Satan looked at Jesus and sneered, "All your blood, tears and your life." Jesus said, "DONE!" Then He paid the price.
post #26 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 08:14 AM
VTEC not VTECH

Remebering God's never letting go kind of love.

Romans 8:35-39

35Who shall separate us from the love of Christ?
Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution
or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

38 For I am persuaded that neither Death nor Life,
nor Angels nor Principalities nor Powers,
nor Things Present nor Things to Come,
39 nor Height nor Depth, nor Any Other Created Thing,
shall be able to separate us from the Love of God
which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
post #27 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 07:28 AM
Out

Do all the good you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all times you can. To all the people you can. For as long as you can.
post #28 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Do all the good you can. In all the ways you can. In all the places you can. At all times you can. To all the people you can. For as long as you can.
that was good Denny...hadn't heard that in a while...
post #29 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 07:16 AM
Out

The ones who deny God are usually among the first ones to complain that this world is going to hell in a handbasket.
post #30 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-17-2004, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:10-14 KJV.
post #31 of 57 (permalink) Old 12-26-2004, 05:53 PM

2 Chronicles 5:13 "he is good; his love endures forever."
James 1:26 If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tounge, he decieves himself and his religion is worhless.
Proverbs 3
Further Benefits of Wisdom
1 My son, do not forget my teaching,
but keep my commands in your heart,
2 for they will prolong your life many years
and bring you prosperity.
3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
bind them around your neck,
write them on the tablet of your heart.
4 Then you will win favor and a good name
in the sight of God and man.
5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight. [a]
7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the LORD and shun evil.
8 This will bring health to your body
and nourishment to your bones.
9 Honor the LORD with your wealth,
with the firstfruits of all your crops;
10 then your barns will be filled to overflowing,
and your vats will brim over with new wine.
11 My son, do not despise the LORD's discipline
and do not resent his rebuke,
12 because the LORD disciplines those he loves,
as a father [b] the son he delights in.
13 Blessed is the man who finds wisdom,
the man who gains understanding,
14 for she is more profitable than silver
and yields better returns than gold.
15 She is more precious than rubies;
nothing you desire can compare with her.
16 Long life is in her right hand;
in her left hand are riches and honor.
17 Her ways are pleasant ways,
and all her paths are peace.
18 She is a tree of life to those who embrace her;
those who lay hold of her will be blessed.
19 By wisdom the LORD laid the earth's foundations,
by understanding he set the heavens in place;
20 by his knowledge the deeps were divided,
and the clouds let drop the dew.
21 My son, preserve sound judgment and discernment,
do not let them out of your sight;
22 they will be life for you,
an ornament to grace your neck.
23 Then you will go on your way in safety,
and your foot will not stumble;
24 when you lie down, you will not be afraid;
when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.
25 Have no fear of sudden disaster
or of the ruin that overtakes the wicked,
26 for the LORD will be your confidence
and will keep your foot from being snared.
27 Do not withhold good from those who deserve it,
when it is in your power to act.
28 Do not say to your neighbor,
"Come back later; I'll give it tomorrow"-
when you now have it with you.
29 Do not plot harm against your neighbor,
who lives trustfully near you.
30 Do not accuse a man for no reason-
when he has done you no harm.
31 Do not envy a violent man
or choose any of his ways,
32 for the LORD detests a perverse man
but takes the upright into his confidence.
33 The LORD's curse is on the house of the wicked,
but he blesses the home of the righteous.
34 He mocks proud mockers
but gives grace to the humble.
35 The wise inherit honor,
but fools he holds up to shame.
post #32 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-12-2005, 06:39 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

The Holy Alphabet

Although things are not perfect
Because of trial or pain
Continue in thanksgiving
Do not begin to blame
Even when the times are hard
Fierce winds are bound to blow
God is forever able
Hold on to what you know
Imagine life without His love
J oy would cease to be
Keep thanking Him for all the things
Love imparts to thee
Move out of "Camp Complaining"
No weapon that is known
On earth can yield the power
Praise can do alone
Quit looking at the future
Redeem the time at hand
Start every day with worship
To "thank" is a command
Until we see Him coming
Victorious in the sky
We'll run the race with gratitude
X alting God most high
Y es, there'll be good times and yes some will be bad, but...
Z ion waits in glory...where none are ever sad!

"I AM Too blessed to be stressed!" The shortest distance between a problem and a solution is the distance between your knees and the floor.The one who kneels to the Lord can stand up to anything. Love and peace be with you forever, Amen.

post #33 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Nice Story

One day, when I was a freshman in high school,
I saw
a kid from my class was walking home from school.
His
name was Kyle.
It looked like he was carrying all of his
books.
I thought to myself, "Why would anyone bring
home all his books on a Friday?
He must really be a
nerd."
I had quite a weekend planned (parties and a football
game with my friends tomorrow afternoon), so Ishrugged my shoulders and went on.
As I was walking, I saw a bunch of kids running toward
him.
They ran at him, knocking all his books out of his
arms and tripping him so he landed in the dirt.
His glasses
went flying, and I saw them land in the grass about tenfeet from him.
He looked up and I saw this terrible
sadness in his eyes
My heart went out to him. So, I jogged over to him and
as he crawled around looking for his glasses, and I sawa tear in his eye.
As I handed him his glasses, I said, "Those guys are jerks.
They really should get lives.
" He looked
at me and said, "Hey thanks!"
There was a big smile on his face.
It was one of those smiles that showed real gratitude.
I helped him pick up his books, and asked him where
he lived.
As it turned out, he lived near me, so I asked him
why I had never seen him before.
He said he had gone to private
school before now.
I would have never hung out with a private school kid
before.
We talked all the way home, and I carried some
of his books.
He turned out to be a pretty cool kid.
I
asked him if he wanted to play a little football with my friends
He said yes.
We hung out all weekend and the
more I got to know Kyle, the more I liked him, and myfriends thought the same of him.
Monday morning came, and there was Kyle with the
huge stack of books again.
I stopped him and said,
"Boy, you are gonna really build some serious muscles with this pile of books everyday!
" He just laughed and handed me half the books.
Over the next four years, Kyle and I became best friends.
When we were seniors, we began to think
about college.
Kyle decided on Georgetown, and I
was going to Duke.
I knew that we would always be
friends, that the miles would never be a problem.
He
was going to be a doctor, and I was going for businesson a football scholarship.
Kyle was valedictorian of our class.
I teased him all the
time about being a nerd.
He had to prepare a speech for
graduation.
I was so glad it wasn't me having to get up there and
speak
Graduation day, I saw Kyle.
He looked great.
He
was one of those guys that really found himself during highschool.
He filled out and actually looked good in glasses.
He had more dates than I had and all the girls loved him.
Boy, sometimes I was jealous.
Today was one of those days.
I could see that he was
nervous about his speech.
So, I smacked him on the back
and said, "Hey, big guy, you'll be great!"
He looked at me
with one of those looks (the really grateful one) and smiled.
"Thanks," he said.

As he started his speech, he cleared his throat, and
began
"Graduation is a time to thank those who helped
you make it through those tough years.
Your parents,
your teachers, your siblings, maybe a coach...but mostlyyour friends...
I am here to tell all of you that being a
friend to someone is the best gift you can give them.
I
am going to tell you a story."
I just looked at my friend with disbelief as he told the
story of the first day we met.
He had planned to kill
himself over the weekend.
He talked of how he had
cleaned out his locker so his Mom wouldn't have to doit later and was carrying his stuff home.
He looked hard at me and gave me a little smile.
"Thankfully, I was saved.
My friend saved me from
doing the unspeakable."
I heard the gasp go through the crowd as this handsome, popular
boy told us all about his weakest moment.
I saw his Mom and dad looking at me and smiling that same
grateful smile.
Not until that moment did I realize it's depth.
Never underestimate the power of your actions.
With
one small gesture you can change a person's life.

For
better or for worse.
God puts us all in each other's lives to impact one another
in some way.
L
ook for God in others.
post #34 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Psalm 20:1-5
1 May the LORD answer you when you are in distress;
may the name of the God of Jacob protect you.

2 May he send you help from the sanctuary

and grant you support from Zion.

3 May he remember all your sacrifices

and accept your burnt offerings.

Selah

4 May he give you the desire of your heart

and make all your plans succeed.

5 We will shout for joy when you are victorious

and will lift up our banners in the name of our God.

May the LORD grant all your requests.
post #35 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Angel Knocking at the Door

There came a frantic knock

At the doctor's office door,

A knock, more urgent than

he had ever heard before.

~~~~

"Come in, Come in,"

the impatient doctor said,

"Come in, Come in,

before you wake the dead."

~~

In walked a frightened little girl,

a child no more than nine,

It was plain for all to see,

she had troubles on her mind.

~~~

"Oh doctor, I beg you,

please come with me,

My mother is surely dying,

she's as sick as she can be."

~~~~

"I don't make house calls,

bring your mother here,"

"But she's too sick,

so you must come or she will die I fear."

~~~~

The doctor, touched by her devotion,

decided he would go,

She said he would be blessed,

more than he could know.

~~~~

She led him to her house

where her mother lay in bed,

Her mother was so very sick

she couldn't raise her head.

~~~~

But her eyes cried out for help

and help her the doctor did,

She would have died that very night

had it not been for her kid.

~~~~

The doctor got her fever down

and she lived through the night,

And morning brought the doctor signs,

that she would be all right.

~~~~

The doctor said he had to leave

but would return again by two,

And later he came back to check,

just like he said he'd do.

~~~~

The mother praised the doctor

for all the things he'd done,

He told her she would have died,

were it not for her little one.

~~~~

"How proud you must be

of your wonderful little girl,

It was her pleading that made me come,

she is really quite a pearl!

~~~~

"But doctor, my daughter died

over three years ago,

Is the picture on the wall

of the little girl you know?"

~~~~

The doctors legs went limp

for the picture on the wall,

Was the same little girl

for whom he'd made this call.

~~~~

The doctor stood motionless,

for quite a little while, And then his solemn face,

was broken by his smile.

~~~~

He was thinking of that frantic knock

heard at his office door,

And of the beautiful little angel that had walked across his floor.

post #36 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-25-2005, 09:57 PM

PHI. 4:13 says it all

post #37 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-28-2005, 04:58 PM

Rom 4:7 saying, "Blessed are those whose lawlessnesses are forgiven, and whose sins are covered;
Rom 4:8 blessed is the man to whom the Lord will in no way impute sin."

Phi 4:13 I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phi 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
post #38 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-31-2005, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

A dog had followed his owner to school. His owner was a
fourth grader at a public elementary school. However,
when the bell rang, the dog sidled inside the building and
made it all the way to the child's classroom before a
teacher noticed and shoo'ed him outside, closing the
door behind him. The dog sat down, whimpered and
stared at the closed doors. Then God appeared beside
the dog, patted his head, and said,
"Don't feel bad fella'....
they won't let ME in either."
post #39 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-03-2005, 07:31 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

It's Only A Quarter!

Several years ago a preacher moved to , Texas. Some weeks after he arrived, he had occasion to ride the bus from his home to the downtown area. When he sat down, he discovered that the driver had accidentally given him a quarter too much change. As he considered what to do, he thought to himself, "You better give the quarter back. It would be wrong to keep it." Then he thought, "Oh, forget it, it's only a quarter. Who would worry about this little amount? Anyway, the bus company already gets too much fare; they will never miss it. Accept it as a gift from God and keep quiet."

When his stop came, he paused momentarily at the door, then he handed the quarter to the driver and said, "Here, you gave me too much change." The driver with a smile, replied, "Aren't you the new preacher in town? I have been thinking lately about going to worship somewhere.

I just wanted to see what you would do if I gave you too much change."

When my friend stepped off the bus, he literally grabbed the nearest light pole, and held on, and said, "O God, I almost sold your Son for a quarter."

Our lives are the only Bible some people will ever read.
post #40 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 07:26 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Making Pancakes

Six-year-old Brandon decided one Saturday morning to fix his parents pancakes. He found a big bowl and spoon, pulled a chair to the counter, opened the cupboard and pulled out the heavy flour canister, spilling it on the floor.

He scooped some of the flour into the bowl with his hands, mixed in most of a cup of milk and added some sugar, leaving a floury trail on the floor which by now had a few tracks left by his kitten.

Brandon was covered with flour and getting frustrated. He wanted this to be something very good for Mom and Dad, but it was getting very bad.

He didn't know what to do next, whether to put it all into the oven or on the stove and he didn't know how the stove worked!. Suddenly he saw his kitten licking from the bowl of mix and reached to push her away, knocking the egg carton to the floor. Frantically he tried to clean up this monumental mess but slipped on the eggs, getting his pajamas white and sticky.

And just then he saw Dad standing at the door. Big crocodile tears welled up in Brandon's eyes. All he'd wanted to do was something good, but he'd made a terrible mess. He was sure a scolding was coming, maybe even a spanking. But his father just watched him.

Then, walking through the mess, he picked up his crying son, hugged him and loved him, getting his own pajamas white and sticky in the process!

That's how God deals with us. We try to do something good in life, but it turns into a mess. Our marriage gets all sticky, we insult a friend, we can't stand our job, or our health goes sour.

Sometimes we just stand there in tears because we can't think of anything else to do. That's when God picks us up and loves us and forgives us, even though some of our mess gets all over Him.

But just because we might mess up, we can't stop trying to "make pancakes"

for God or for others. Sooner or later we'll get it right, and then they'll be glad we tried...
post #41 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 10:18 AM

scriptures and stories..thats its?? No one has any of Lifes Leasons that help them make ther faith even more?? I Mean why do you trust God? do you belive in the trinity?? Father,Son,Holy Spirit?
post #42 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

I absolutely believe in the trinity! The Father, Son, Holy Ghost are all one - yet separate. Hard concept for some...guess that's why they say believing is based on your faith. Accepting things that don't seem logical.

Goes back to Genesis 1:

26And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
post #43 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 04:48 PM

I Belive in God..and Both forms of the Trinity.But i dont Belive in Religion..Why should i let Faith make guidelines for my life..They all have one goal..to make belivers out of non belivers..and prove each other wrong..I read the Bible. But i dont live my life to it..i dont rember every line and state them and base a judgment for one of lifes Questions.I live my life to the fullest..To God..What i think is right and wrong is what i base my life on..and i hope that i well be let in to Heaven.
post #44 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-04-2005, 06:07 PM

The word "trinity" isn't found in the Bible. The doctrine was not held by first century christians. I guess if anyone wants to discuss it they should start another thread.

Lucky: do you remember the verse that says "for ALL have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God"? Your good works will not get you into heaven. Faith in Jesus, through grace will however.
post #45 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-05-2005, 12:19 PM

whats up Lucky..

me and lucky share the same Thoughts about it..The trinity to us is you got the the: Father/Son/Holy Spirit
God/JC/Holy Spirit
Love/Life/Happiness

We are not non Belivers but where not Belivers..We love and respect God but where not going to let Religions Control what we say and do.we have faith in JC and God..and if i know Lucky he wants to live his Life to the Fullest..and thats the same for me..and you cant do that..when people tell you that you have to do this and this to get in to Heaven
post #46 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-06-2005, 09:26 AM

Luk 18:10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a tax-collector.
Luk 18:11 The Pharisee stood and prayed within himself in this way: God, I thank You that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax-collector.
Luk 18:12 I fast twice on the Sabbath, I give tithes of all that I possess.
Luk 18:13 And standing afar off, the tax-collector would not even lift up his eyes to Heaven, but struck on his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner!
Luk 18:14 I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself shall be abased, and he who humbles himself shall be exalted.

Mat 23:23 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithes of mint and dill and cummin, and you have left undone the weightier matters of the Law, judgment, mercy, and faith. You ought to have done these and not to leave the other undone.
Mat 23:24 Blind guides who strain out a gnat and swallow a camel!
Mat 23:25 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you cleanse the outside of the cup and of the dish, but inside they are full of extortion and excess.
Mat 23:26 Blind Pharisee! First cleanse the inside of the cup and of the dish, so that the outside of them may be clean also.
Mat 23:27 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you are like whitewashed tombs, which indeed appear beautiful outside, but inside they are full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness.
Mat 23:28 Even so you also appear righteous to men outwardly, but inside you are full of hypocrisy and iniquity.
Mat 23:29 Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! Because you build the tombs of the prophets, and decorate the tombs of the righteous,
Mat 23:30 and say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets.
Mat 23:31 Therefore you are witnesses to yourselves, that you are the sons of those who killed the prophets;
Mat 23:32 and you fill up the measure of your fathers.
Mat 23:33 Serpents! Offspring of vipers! How can you escape the condemnation of hell?

Pro 3:5 Trust in Jehovah with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding.
post #47 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-08-2005, 07:02 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

I asked God why I wasn't rich.

He showed me a man with the wealth of a thousand kings,

who was lonely, and had no one to share it with.

I asked God why I wasn't beautiful.

He showed me a woman more beautiful than any other,

who was ugly because of her vanity.

I asked God why He'd allowed me to become old.

He showed me a boy of 16,

who lay dead at the scene of a car accident.

I asked God why I didn't have a bigger house.

He showed me a family of six,

who had just been evicted from their tiny shack,

and were forced, to live on the street.

I asked God why I had to work.

He showed me a man, who couldn't find a decent job,

because he'd never learned to read.

I asked God why I wasn't more popular.

He showed me a socialite with a thousand friends,

who all left the moment the money and parties were no longer there.

I asked God why I wasn't smarter.

He showed me a natural born genius,

serving life in prison for making ill use of his knowledge.

I asked God why He put up with a thankless sinner like me.

He showed me His Bible.

He showed me His Son

who took my place at the judgment.

I knew then how much He loved me.
post #48 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Time Served

It Doesn't Get Any Better Than This

One Night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonged to him and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you you'd walk with me all the way, but I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me." The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."
post #49 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-10-2005, 10:35 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT93Style
One Night a man had a dream. He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the Lord. Across the sky flashed scenes from his life. For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand; one belonged to him and the other to the Lord.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him, he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there was only one set of footprints. He also noticed that it happened at the very lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he questioned the Lord about it. "Lord, you said that once I decided to follow you you'd walk with me all the way, but I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life, there is only one set of footprints. I don't understand why when I needed you most you would leave me." The Lord replied, "My precious, precious child, I love you and would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering when you see only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you."
This is one of my favorites!!

Lisa T.

Best times:

<><
post #50 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-24-2005, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Daily Survival Kit

Items Needed:

Mint
Candy Kiss
Tea Bag
Eraser
Rubber Band
Toothpick
Chewing Gum
Band Aid
Pencil

Why????

TOOTHPICK - to remind you to pick out the good qualities in others.
*Matthew 7:1
RUBBER BAND - to remind you to be flexible. Things might not always go the way you want, but it will work out.
*Romans 8:28
BAND AID - to remind you to heal hurt feelings, yours or someone else's.
*Colossians 3:12-14
PENCIL - to remind you to list your blessings everyday.
*Ephesians 1:3
ERASER - To remind you that everyone makes mistakes, and it's okay.
*Genesis 50:15-21
CHEWING GUM - to remind you to stick with it, and you can accomplish anything.
*Philippians 4:13
MINT - to remind you that you are worth a mint.
*John 3:16-17
CANDY KISS - to remind you that everyone needs a kiss or a hug everyday.
* John 4:7
TEA BAG - to remind you to relax daily and go over your list of blessings.
*1 Thessalonians 5:18

*Relevant Scriptures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement