Christians for Bush? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Saved by Grace

Christians for Bush?

I've noticed lately that everyone I know thats a Christian is voting for Bush. Is that some kind of given, if the president is a Christian we have to vote for him? I struggled with this at the last election and didn't vote for him cause I thought he was a idiot. I do believe we need someone in power that does seek God's guidance but what if he's an idiot?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Comet
I've noticed lately that everyone I know thats a Christian is voting for Bush. Is that some kind of given, if the president is a Christian we have to vote for him? I struggled with this at the last election and didn't vote for him cause I thought he was a idiot. I do believe we need someone in power that does seek God's guidance but what if he's an idiot?
I know what you mean, all my Christian friends and their families are voting Bush, not primarily because hes Christian, but thats a major point. I honestly don't see how he's such a great Christian and all, and how he practices the faith so well. But, to each his own. I honesty can't stand either of them, Bush or Kerry. But I'd MUCH rather have Kerry in office than Bush again.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 06:03 PM
Small Fry

I voted for Bush the first time around and I'll be voting for him again. There are many reasons, but I will not get into that here. However, when it comes to my religious reasons I like him because:

1.) He is not ashamed of his faith and actively reads scripture, prays, and applies the Word to his life.
2.) He is against Abortion.
3.) He is for protecting the sanctity of Marriage.
4.) He wants to help the Church help those in need.

And I don't think for one minute that he's an idiot.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 06:17 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasim05
. But I'd MUCH rather have Kerry in office than Bush again.
Please explain why? b/c I call a statement like this crazy...
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 06:40 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadfan35
I voted for Bush the first time around and I'll be voting for him again. There are many reasons, but I will not get into that here. However, when it comes to my religious reasons I like him because:

1.) He is not ashamed of his faith and actively reads scripture, prays, and applies the Word to his life.
2.) He is against Abortion.
3.) He is for protecting the sanctity of Marriage.
4.) He wants to help the Church help those in need.

And I don't think for one minute that he's an idiot.
I believe the same way. Idiot or not, he believes in absolutes and has morals very similar to mine. I cant say the same thing for Kerry.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 06:48 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
I believe the same way. Idiot or not, he believes in absolutes and has morals very similar to mine. I cant say the same thing for Kerry.
besides, I dont think an idot could graduate from Harvard with an MBA.
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281R
Please explain why? b/c I call a statement like this crazy...
Has to do with the way he handled the war or terror. I believe he should of concentrated on Osama, Iraq did not pose NEARLY as much of a threat as Osama did/does. And honestly, being this is MY OPINION, I think us going into Iraq has A LOT to do with this powerful, magical black liquid thing. Again, MY OPINION. Theres also more points/reasons why I dont like him. But this isnt a political discussion.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-11-2004, 09:46 PM
v2004 rebooted.

You religous types have the nuttiest thread titles of any other Forum on this site.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 08:10 AM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Iraq did not pose NEARLY as much of a threat as Osama did/does.
In hindsite yes, Iraq was not as much as a threat as we thought. But Kerry and John Edwards both thought Sadaam was a threat also along with Bush. So after (how many UN resolutions?) that he broke, it was time to take him out.
Quote:
And honestly, being this is MY OPINION, I think us going into Iraq has A LOT to do with this powerful, magical black liquid thing.
The sad thing about this belief is that its all a conspiracy theory installed into Americans heads by people like Michael Moore and such. So you are basically believing a rumor.
Quote:
Again, MY OPINION. Theres also more points/reasons why I dont like him. But this isnt a political discussion.
Why Christians are voting for Bush is not a polictical thread? I disagree. If this thread has anything to do with voting for who the next prez is (which it does) then it has to do with politics. But please, if you have more reasons you dont like him, please share. I can share reason in which I didnt care for what Bush did or has done, but I am still voting for him, b/c he is the best man for the job.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 08:49 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
You religous types have the nuttiest thread titles of any other Forum on this site.
LOL... hey man, bush is bush!
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 12:29 PM
Small Fry

Quote:
And honestly, being this is MY OPINION, I think us going into Iraq has A LOT to do with this powerful, magical black liquid thing.

I understand that is your opinion, but riddle me this, if we went there for oil, how come our oil prices are still so high? Why hasn't any of the oil been shipped over here in the last year?
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-12-2004, 10:01 PM

I never even saw Fahrenhiet (sp) 9/11, I dont make judgements from things I hear from non-mainstream sources. I have my own 'theories' guess. Honeslty, like I said before, I dont like neither of them, But id choose Kerry over Bush, because well, I think its time we need someone new in office. Dont give me none of that kerry is a poon, and cant run the US. Because both men, are highly capable of doing so. I just like the way Kerry wants to, instead of the way Bush is. My .02
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 12:30 AM
TWIN SPINNER

Quote:
Has to do with the way he handled the war or terror. I believe he should of concentrated on Osama, Iraq did not pose NEARLY as much of a threat as Osama did/does. And honestly, being this is MY OPINION, I think us going into Iraq has A LOT to do with this powerful, magical black liquid thing. Again, MY OPINION. Theres also more points/reasons why I dont like him. But this isnt a political discussion.
The war in Afghanistan was not about Osama it is about terror. Yes, he is a figure head and we'd love to get him but he is pretty much impotent right now anyway. We have been at war with Iraq since 1991 and Sadaam violted 12 UN resolutions in that time. He did have WMD, he used WMD and there was credible evidence that he was rebuilding his arsenal.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 03:35 AM Thread Starter
Saved by Grace

Some good points made. But, do you know anyone that is a Christian that is NOT voting for Bush? After all is said and done, Iraq, Osama etc. is his Christian beliefs the determining factor for alot of people? If so should it be? Why is it we serve a God of peace and Christian president has us at war?
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 08:34 AM

I've heard stories of how Bush is driven by his faith. I'm very proud to say that I/we have such a great Christian as our president. I wasn't old enough to vote for him the first time but I am now and will be doing so. Bush catches a lot of slack for what he does knowing that he's a man of faith gives me a lot of confidence in his decisions.
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 09:04 AM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Some good points made. But, do you know anyone that is a Christian that is NOT voting for Bush? After all is said and done, Iraq, Osama etc. is his Christian beliefs the determining factor for alot of people? If so should it be? Why is it we serve a God of peace and Christian president has us at war?
do not forget God is just a the God of peace, but He is also a God of war and justice. He battles evil daily. The spritial war for humans is aready won, but the battle for souls is still on its way. I have a friend up here at work that is voting for Kerry and she is a active church member, but I asked her the reason why she is voting for him? and all she could tell me that she is a Yellow Dog Democrat and that is how she will always vote. I find that concept stupid and ignorant, but whats sad is thats how a lot of democrats are. (at least the ones I know)
What exactly does Kerry have to offer Christians?
Not Much!
*higher taxes
*votes against pro-life
*votes for partial birth abortion
*votes against marriage between just a man and woman
*voted to cut the CIA by Billions after the first WTC bombing
*quoted saying that he is an internationalist and he would almost eliminate CIA activity, and he would like to see our troops dispersed around the world by the UN.
*He wants to join the internaional criminal court
*He wants to join the UN on our behalf (what he says)
*He voted against the death penalty for terrorist
*He voted against numerous weapon systems that we use today
*He proposed about 10 years ago a $.50 tax hike on gasoline
He cant take a stand on any issue
I could go on, but that would take all day. So what does he have to offer christians? Nothing I see
He promises a lot in his campaign, but to bad his record wont back it up. He is a wolf in sheep's clothing
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-13-2004, 04:20 PM
98 SVT Cobra

I could not have said it better Lance. By the way, I know several Christians who are voting for Kerry.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-14-2004, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
I could not have said it better Lance. By the way, I know several Christians who are voting for Kerry.
to me, that is sickening...even if you don't like either nominee, vote for the lesser of 2 evils...My vote is for GWB...oh yeah, and those of is in TX, does it really matter?
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
Saved by Grace

OK he may not be an idiot, but he certainly not the brightest bulb on the marquee.
I never considered for a second voting for Kerry simply because he looks like a horse. Thank God for the constitution and the God fearing men that wrote it.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 08:42 AM
Boost is Good

Quote:
but he certainly not the brightest bulb on the marquee.
I wouldnt really make this comment till you meet him in person and get to know him. I know he is not the best camera angle president. But from all the people I have heard that have met him (including my Grandmoter before she passed away), he was a brilliant and genuine man. The only side of him being an idot comes from the liberal media and democrats. I tend to believe the people that I know that have actually met him or have personal stories with him. Remember, Moses wasnt the greatest speaker, but God took his weaknesses and gave him strengh to become one of the greatest leaders in the Bible. This election to me is not how articulate on camera the guy is, but who is leading him in his life and service to our country. With that said, I feel that Bush is at 100%.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-16-2004, 12:15 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
, But id choose Kerry over Bush, because well, I think its time we need someone new in office.
So anybody but Bush? huh? Did you know America has never changed Presidents during a war? Wonder why? Not smart thinking
Quote:
Dont give me none of that kerry is a poon, and cant run the US. Because both men, are highly capable of doing so.
What makes you think Kerry is capable of running the US. What has he articulated to make you think he is the man for the job?
1. He dosent have a sucessful record in the senate. In 20 years of being in the senate, his name only appears on 5 bills pass into law. 1 of those bills is what to name a court house. His sentate record is a joke and Dems know it, thats why he cant run on it.
2. He is an ommitted war criminal. He really shouldnt even to be able to have a federal government office position if it wasnt for loop holes in the system.
3. His attendance record is horrible. Even when he was part of the intellegence commity he missed 76% of the meetings.

So is this what it takes to be president?

Quote:
I just like the way Kerry wants to, instead of the way Bush is. My .02
yea, the Kerry way is
[Kerry]Well do it better[/Kerry]
[Reporter]How is that[/Reporter]
[Kerry]Well I cant tell you till I go into office, but I have a plan[/Kerry]
[Reporter]OK?[/Reporter]
[Kerry]But you can go to my website[/Kerry]
[Reporter]well, kerry is going to need a lot of help to beat bush, we are really going to have to find someway to help him out, maybe I need to look into those documents from Bush's record from Abilene[/Reporter]
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-17-2004, 03:50 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
I've noticed lately that everyone I know thats a Christian is voting for Bush. Is that some kind of given, if the president is a Christian we have to vote for him?
Kerry is Catholic.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 12:54 AM

i just sit back and laugh at some of you people who call themselves "christians" one minute and the next you are talking shit on catholics. it defines hypocracy to the fullest, i will not vote for bush because of his religion, i think bush is full of shit when it comes to him and his so called religion.
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 07:15 AM
TWIN SPINNER

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston
i will not vote for bush because of his religion, i think bush is full of shit when it comes to him and his so called religion.
There is an intelligent way to cast your vote. You'd truly vote for the alternative because the President is open about his beliefs? Well, you sir are either a bigot or you've got your head sunk deep in the sand.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-31-2004, 12:56 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurston
i just sit back and laugh at some of you people who call themselves "christians" one minute and the next you are talking shit on catholics. it defines hypocracy to the fullest, i will not vote for bush because of his religion, i think bush is full of shit when it comes to him and his so called religion.
So you think we should just overlook his record b/c he claims to be a catholic? Dude, pull your head out of the sand...
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-03-2004, 05:06 AM Thread Starter
Saved by Grace

I got two hail mary's and a microphone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement