So, is there really such thing as life other.... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
11-05-09

So, is there really such thing as life other....

Than what's on this planet?

-Let's discuss.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 08:11 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Personally I dont believe so, but I guess it can be possible. The bible does not say one way or another that there is or isn't. If we were to find out that there is I dont think it would disprove the bible at all.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 10:38 PM
Small Fry

I don't think so either.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 12:37 PM
you cant see me

i think people should worry more about life on planet earth and less about life elsewhere, but i feel feel the same way about our country and the rest of the planet too.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 03:16 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo95.0
i think people should worry more about life on planet earth and less about life elsewhere

Didn't you see Signs? They're out to get us. I'm plenty worried.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 12:01 AM
Out

I think it's pretty close-minded to think that this planet is the only place in this whole vast universe that has life on it.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 09:12 AM
Time Served

I'm not worried, I have my tin foil cap.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 05:21 PM
98 SVT Cobra

I think it is pretty close-minded to think others are close-minded because they disagree with you.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 06:27 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Thumbs up

I'm pretty clothesminded. You should see the blood red Doc Martens I bought the other day.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 10:12 PM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
I think it is pretty close-minded to think others are close-minded because they disagree with you.
How's that? I'm not saying it because you disagree, my opinion is that I think it's a close-minded thought. I'm not saying there's necessarily another race like humans. I believe God created us and only us in His image. I'm just not sold on the idea that in this whole infinate universe, there isn't any form of life anywhere else but on this planet.
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 01:52 AM
TWIN SPINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
How's that? I'm not saying it because you disagree, my opinion is that I think it's a close-minded thought. I'm not saying there's necessarily another race like humans. I believe God created us and only us in His image. I'm just not sold on the idea that in this whole infinate universe, there isn't any form of life anywhere else but on this planet.
I do not believe that there is life elsewhere.

As far as closemindedness goes; to be closeminded simply means that you accept no outside ideas, theories, what have you, other than your own. Being openminded means that you accept new information, define it, compare the new information against existing evidence, process possible solutions, analyze the product of each solution, then come up with a final subjective answer. Therefore, if a person chooses to deny the existence of alien life, it does not mean they should be automatically labeled as closeminded. It just means that according to what they accept as truth, alien life does not fit the model of their understanding.

In my case I don't accept alien life for two reasons:

1. I believe it is clear in scripture that God created this earth special and specific for life.

2. I believe that the existence of alien life also requires a person to accept Darwinian-Evolution as fact. (The only other solution to this would be that God created life elsewhere, which is address in problem 1.)

BTW, the universe is most definately finite.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 03:30 AM
Out

What about bacteria? It's a living thing. I'm not talking about another race that can think for itself beyond instinct. I'm just talking about life.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 06:07 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
What about bacteria? It's a living thing. I'm not talking about another race that can think for itself beyond instinct. I'm just talking about life.
Taken from a previous quote of mine:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
Personally I dont believe so, but I guess it can be possible...

Disclaimer:
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 06:53 AM
Out

OK, cool.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 08:57 AM
TWIN SPINNER

Bacteria is not alive, technically speaking. But no, I do not believe it is elsewhere either.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 11:10 AM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Bacteria is not alive, technically speaking. But no, I do not believe it is elsewhere either.

LMFAO!!
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 01:22 PM
TWIN SPINNER

My apologies, I was thinking viruses not bacteria. Not as funny that way I trust.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement