I am God, thanks for listening,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 05:09 AM
Out

Man, was I expecting more...
post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 05:15 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Hey hows it going, wheres that cobra you promised me?

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 05:33 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Nah, just thought I'd let you know
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
Hey hows it going, wheres that cobra you promised me?
Thats just the thing I "seem" to promise everything but deliver nothing, I like to keep things consistent.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 12:21 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Couple flaws I just noticed. First your birthdate says 12-23-82. I was not aware that God was just a kid. Second, since when did the Corps start enlisting morons? Back in the old school days you would have gotten your butt kicked for being so stupid.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Lifer

Back in the old school days, you wouldn't have had a chance to show your ass..

..without showing your face at the same time...
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 09:12 PM
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by racrguy

Dude, you're not God, you're a tard.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 11:54 PM Thread Starter
Banned

My reason for calling myself God is not one of a deity complex. Since there is no proof either way as to his/her existence and I do not believe in destiny, only in ones' choices having a certain outcome over the long run. I, therefore, make all things good or bad happen to me be it unknown to me at the time my choice is made. In that thinking, I, as well as you are gods (but unfortunately we do not have immortality like some of these "gods" have)
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 03:12 AM
Out

Quote:
My reason for calling myself God is not one of a deity complex. Since there is no proof either way as to his/her existence and I do not believe in destiny, only in ones' choices having a certain outcome over the long run. I, therefore, make all things good or bad happen to me be it unknown to me at the time my choice is made. In that thinking, I, as well as you are gods (but unfortunately we do not have immortality like some of these "gods" have)
Can you send me some of the stuff you're smoking?!?!
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 10:36 AM
Blessed

Quote:

In other words, you are trying to say that there isn't a God just because you don't believe in anything but yourself, and that you live your life in debate against anything that is good and true. That's what I thought.
post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 03:17 PM
God

Quote:
No you aren't.
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by God
No you aren't.

LOL!!! Thanks for clearing that up.
post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-13-2004, 07:54 PM
98 SVT Cobra

BWAHAHAHA! God's a PAN!

Disclaimer:
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangTamer
In other words, you are trying to say that there isn't a God just because you don't believe in anything but yourself, and that you live your life in debate against anything that is good and true. That's what I thought.
No, I didn't say that God doesn't exist, just that there is no scientific proof as to his/her existence or non-existence so I don't believe that a God exists or does not, If you show me solid proof either way then that is what will be accepted until proven false. I am prone to use logic in most of my decisions, so if that means debating everything then so be it, but there are a great many thing that I do not have to debate that are "good and true." The existence of god is just one of those things that I debate, and I do not have enough information to make a rational decision on that topic, therefore, I sit on the fence.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 07:45 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
I am prone to use logic in most of my decisions, so if that means debating everything then so be it, but there are a great many thing that I do not have to debate that are "good and true."

You're also prone to using run on sentences. Sheesh.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 09:39 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
No, I didn't say that God doesn't exist, just that there is no scientific proof as to his/her existence or non-existence so I don't believe that a God exists or does not, If you show me solid proof either way then that is what will be accepted until proven false. I am prone to use logic in most of my decisions, so if that means debating everything then so be it, but there are a great many thing that I do not have to debate that are "good and true." The existence of god is just one of those things that I debate, and I do not have enough information to make a rational decision on that topic, therefore, I sit on the fence.
You are prone to us logic in most of your decisions huh? The nonexistance of God must have been one of those times you didn't. Since had you used logic you would have come to the conclusion that there has to be a God.

Disclaimer:
post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-14-2004, 10:18 PM
Out

Quote:
If it was that easy, there would be more Christians. He wants us to believe in Him through our faith. Faith is what are whole relationship with God is based on. Faith is believing without proof, although I have more than enough proof without it because I know who blessed me with the family I have, my posessions, daily needs, career, etc. But my faith is what brought me there.
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 01:26 AM
TWIN SPINNER

Quote:
You are prone to us logic in most of your decisions huh? The nonexistance of God must have been one of those times you didn't. Since had you used logic you would have come to the conclusion that there has to be a God.
I concur, it is a more natural course of thought to believe in a divine creator than to believe otherwise. People come up with the most convoluted and absurd theories to disprove God. Why? Because they do not want to be accountable to anyone for their actions, they want to run a muck in thier sin and feel no guilt.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 12:01 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
I concur, it is a more natural course of thought to believe in a divine creator than to believe otherwise. People come up with the most convoluted and absurd theories to disprove God. Why? Because they do not want to be accountable to anyone for their actions, they want to run a muck in thier sin and feel no guilt.

I'm an athiest. I don't try and disprove the exsistence of a god. I don't care what you guys want to do with your lives, as long as it doesn't trespass on the way I want to live mine. I live a decent life, and I dont need any type of deity excuse to do it. Hell, take a poll in prison and I bet 99% of the poulation believe in god. Didn't help them behave any better, did it? When my mom first explained to me about the god when I was 5, my immedate reaction was disbelief. So to say it is natural to believe in god doesn't hold true for everyone.

Of course, that doesn't take away from the fact that the originator of this thread is a douche bag.
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 06:37 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Wouldn't it be better to refer to yourself as an agnostic? Since being an athiest means that you know for a fact that God does not exist, this would be impossible because you have no idea what is beyond space. As an agnostic you are simply stating that it is impossible to know whether He exists or not.

Disclaimer:
post #21 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 07:05 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Wouldn't it be better to refer to yourself as an agnostic? Since being an athiest means that you know for a fact that God does not exist, this would be impossible because you have no idea what is beyond space. As an agnostic you are simply stating that it is impossible to know whether He exists or not.
Being an athiest was a natural progression. I was agnostic up until I was around 20. I firmly believe that there is no god. I think the entire defintion of god is archaic, childish, and for people who are afraid just live their lives. Most of the people I've known who are deeply religious have an inability to live their lives without some type of crutch to fall back on, and dont want to be accountable for the way their lives unfold. [This is meant in no way to disparage you, simply a statement of my beliefs and expereinces with the religous community]I have no problem with religion as long as it isn't insinuated into my life, and recognize the positive role it can play with other people. Some people simply couldn't function as reasonable people without that power over their heads. I just don't happen to need it.
post #22 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 07:10 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
I was thinking the same thing

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
post #23 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 08:38 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
Being an athiest was a natural progression. I was agnostic up until I was around 20. I firmly believe that there is no god. I think the entire defintion of god is archaic, childish, and for people who are afraid just live their lives. Most of the people I've known who are deeply religious have an inability to live their lives without some type of crutch to fall back on, and dont want to be accountable for the way their lives unfold. [This is meant in no way to disparage you, simply a statement of my beliefs and expereinces with the religous community]I have no problem with religion as long as it isn't insinuated into my life, and recognize the positive role it can play with other people. Some people simply couldn't function as reasonable people without that power over their heads. I just don't happen to need it.
Well, I am sorry you feel that way about people who are religious. I personally dont see believing in God is any of the things you stated. I certainly do not see it as a crutch nor do I feel that I am not accountable for what happens in my life. But I do recognize that everything that I have (good health, money, job, ect...) comes from God, along with hard work and taking care of myself.

Can you answer me this? How come it is that if someone does not believe that there is life on other planets they are close-minded but if someone does not believe that there is a God they are enlightened and thinking logically?

Personally I just think people in general have a problem with others trying to shove Christianity down their throats that they dont want to believe, therefore they dont. IMHO

Disclaimer:
post #24 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-15-2004, 10:18 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Well, I am sorry you feel that way about people who are religious. I personally dont see believing in God is any of the things you stated. I certainly do not see it as a crutch nor do I feel that I am not accountable for what happens in my life. But I do recognize that everything that I have (good health, money, job, ect...) comes from God, along with hard work and taking care of myself.

Can you answer me this? How come it is that if someone does not believe that there is life on other planets they are close-minded but if someone does not believe that there is a God they are enlightened and thinking logically?

Personally I just think people in general have a problem with others trying to shove Christianity down their throats that they dont want to believe, therefore they dont. IMHO
And you may very well be right. Religion is a very subjective thing, which is why I dont try to argue it anymore. However if someone wants my opinion on it, I'll obligingly give it. My life expereinces have lead me down the path I'm at, which gives me the view of religion as a whole as I see it today. I've had more negative expereinces at the hands of the devoutly religious, than at those of people I've known to be agnostic or athiest. I dont have an answer to your question about aliens/god/close/open minded. I see life as a random accident, and dont see why it couldn't have occured elsewhere. I dont necessarily think people who believe in god are closeminded, persea, but I could go as far as to reason that maybe they are unwilling to think outside the box. [shrug] Like I said, its just an opinion, and certainly nothing more than a generalization.
post #25 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 04:22 AM
TWIN SPINNER

Quote:
Do you think perhaps your atheism, being that it is your ideology, is your religion? Now then, you assert that God is a crutch for the archaic and childish; is it not possible that your atheistic faith is your crutch?

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
post #26 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 06:09 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
And you may very well be right. Religion is a very subjective thing, which is why I dont try to argue it anymore. However if someone wants my opinion on it, I'll obligingly give it. My life expereinces have lead me down the path I'm at, which gives me the view of religion as a whole as I see it today. I've had more negative expereinces at the hands of the devoutly religious, than at those of people I've known to be agnostic or athiest. I dont have an answer to your question about aliens/god/close/open minded. I see life as a random accident, and dont see why it couldn't have occured elsewhere. I dont necessarily think people who believe in god are closeminded, persea, but I could go as far as to reason that maybe they are unwilling to think outside the box. [shrug] Like I said, its just an opinion, and certainly nothing more than a generalization.
We're cool. I just wanted to get a little feedback from you to understand where you are coming from. Last thing I want is an arguement. I have told you and Hollywood both that I am trying to stop that. I guess I am trying to be the exact opposite of your stereotype of christians.

Disclaimer:
post #27 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 10:27 AM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Do you think perhaps your atheism, being that it is your ideology, is your religion? Now then, you assert that God is a crutch for the archaic and childish; is it not possible that your atheistic faith is your crutch?

LOL, how would atheisim be a 'religion?' Its very definition defies that. I dont set out a time a day to practice not believeing in god. If I need something out of life, I make the changes necessary to make it happen.

Moondog: I appriciate your understanding. If this Forum was around when I was 18 Im probably would have tried to start a jihad up in herra.
post #28 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 01:19 PM
FPE - Full Plumber Effect

Quote:
I'm an athiest. I don't try and disprove the exsistence of a god. I don't care what you guys want to do with your lives, as long as it doesn't trespass on the way I want to live mine. I live a decent life, and I dont need any type of deity excuse to do it. Hell, take a poll in prison and I bet 99% of the poulation believe in god. Didn't help them behave any better, did it? When my mom first explained to me about the god when I was 5, my immedate reaction was disbelief. So to say it is natural to believe in god doesn't hold true for everyone.
We should get along just fine talisman I too am an athiest, and do not feel that I need to go around and push my belief on anyone nor should anyone do so to me.
post #29 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 01:37 PM
TWIN SPINNER

Quote:
LOL, how would atheisim be a 'religion?' Its very definition defies that. I dont set out a time a day to practice not believeing in god. If I need something out of life, I make the changes necessary to make it happen.
Religion has more than one definition you realize; not just institutionalized worship.
www.Dictionary.com - Religion - A cause, principle, or activity pursued with zeal or conscientious devotion.

"I firmly believe that there is no god." Your own words.

Atheism's very definition is not one that disregards religion, it is a belief system that denies the existence of God.
www.Dictionary.com - Atheism - The doctrine that there is no God or gods.

You'll note that it references the word doctrine in the definition.

At any rate, all that I am saying is that I can equally suggest that your belief, in no God, is a crutch to you.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
post #30 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 02:31 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
At any rate, all that I am saying is that I can equally suggest that your belief, in no God, is a crutch to you.

If it helps you sleep at night, feel free.
post #31 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 09:10 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottEvil
We should get along just fine talisman I too am an athiest, and do not feel that I need to go around and push my belief on anyone nor should anyone do so to me.
That is something I am trying to learn not to do. When Jesus was on the earth He did not go around trying to force people to believe in Him. Many asked what they needed to do to gain everlasting life and He told them. Some believed, some didn't. He certainly did not argue about it.

Disclaimer:
post #32 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-16-2004, 11:29 PM
TWIN SPINNER

Quote:
If it helps you sleep at night, feel free.
Naw, won't help me sleep any better. Just pointing out something that may have gone unnoticed before.

Good night.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
post #33 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 12:02 AM
Blessed

I see what some of you guys are saying about not wanting people to push their beliefs on you, because I am a Christian and I notice other Christians that go about it in the wrong way(to the point where it upsets me). I understand what they are doing though, because I know what it is like to be on fire for God. The reason that some Christians push their beliefs on others is because they are so excited about God changing their life that they want everyone to feel the same way. Though, I wouldn't quite say they were meaning to push, just trying to hard to get you to understand. It can be like when a door to door salesman comes to your house when you are busy. You don't want to be rude and slam the door in their face, so while they are trying pitch their sale without letting you speak, you don't let anything that he is saying get in your head because you are to busy trying to think of a way to get him to understand "no, I'm not interested". But, not all Christians are like that. If someone brings God up I will be quick to state my .02 on the subject, because I too want others to have what I have.
post #34 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 04:36 PM
FPE - Full Plumber Effect

Quote:
That is something I am trying to learn not to do. When Jesus was on the earth He did not go around trying to force people to believe in Him. Many asked what they needed to do to gain everlasting life and He told them. Some believed, some didn't. He certainly did not argue about it.
See, that is cool. I totally respect you for having your own beliefs and trying to not force the issue. Too bad you are a Viking fan
post #35 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 08:50 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Well when I was delivered from my sin I was also delivered from ever being a Cowboy homer too.

Disclaimer:
post #36 of 36 (permalink) Old 09-17-2004, 09:48 PM
Hero in a half shell

No evidence of God huh? Amazing how the athiets like to assume rather than research. I'll keep this pithy. To those of you who believe in all that Darwin and Big Bang crap, read a book call "The Case for a Creater" by Lee Stroble. This guy used to be an athiest and is now a hardcore christian. This book is around 300 pages of solid evidence that points towards a creater and refutes old and modern science that tries to disprove the existance of God.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement