Our Bodies - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
Long Live T.S.

Our Bodies

in the past 5 years or so ...body art (tattoos), piercings, and plastic surgery have taken off .......now I watched that extreme make over show...taking people and basically changing everything about themselves that makes them ..well them....does it say anywhere in the bibble about doing stuff like this to your body????

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 03:42 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWminis
in the past 5 years or so ...body art (tattoos), piercings, and plastic surgery have taken off .......now I watched that extreme make over show...taking people and basically changing everything about themselves that makes them ..well them....does it say anywhere in the bibble about doing stuff like this to your body????
Well of course it does. You body is considered a temple of God. True believers are filled with the Holy Spirit and therefore we area vessel for God's spirit. As in anthing in life we are judged as Christians not only by our outward, but inward appearance. For this reason I am strongly against any major appearance altering surgery and tatoos. I have many good friends with them and retain my feelings to myself unless they ask for my opinion. I may be a sinner, but altering my body or covering it with tatoos I feel takes away from one of the greatest forms of God's creation.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 03:47 AM Thread Starter
Long Live T.S.

yeah but what are your thoughts on all the plastic stuff people have done?

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 03:54 AM
Lifer

Quote:
yeah but what are your thoughts on all the plastic stuff people have done?
Well if you go along with the teachings of the bible. God created us in His own divine image. Therefore any adaptation we make to what he has created I feel would be a slap in God's face. Adornments such as earings within reason are cool by me. When you get to changing your facial features with the exception of repairing the effects of some type of accident I have to draw the line. Breast reduction is cool with me, but enhancing them is a form of vanity to me. My step-father chooses to wear a hair piece as he is almost completly bald on top of his head. I personally think this is a form of vanity as well. I have thinning hair and would rather shave my head than wear a fake piece of hair on my head. We all make or choices and those who choose to do these things have to deal with their faith and God on their own. I am far from condemning any one who has done this or is cosidering this. I believe this to be wrong through my study of the bible and choose not to take part in it.
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 07:23 AM
Punk Ass Newbie

People judge apperances as a general rule. God judges the heart. For those who have tattoos and piercings and plastic surgery, the only thing that matters is what God sees in their heart.
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 08:53 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00ragtopGT
People judge apperances as a general rule. God judges the heart. For those who have tattoos and piercings and plastic surgery, the only thing that matters is what God sees in their heart.

I have to agree.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 11:19 AM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00ragtopGT
Exactly, but it brings up the same question. Why focus on what people think, rather than what God thinks?
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 06:00 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utdbear
Exactly, but it brings up the same question. Why focus on what people think, rather than what God thinks?
Because people are real?
post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Ultimate X-phoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
Because people are real?
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-09-2004, 07:14 PM
98 SVT Cobra

I have a tatoo on my chest. Am I going to hell?

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #11 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 04:10 AM Thread Starter
Long Live T.S.

Hell has not even been brought up ...I was asking if the bible has anything to say about things like this ...about how we treat the outwards of our bodies is all...

post #12 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 05:44 AM
Saved by Grace

I support tattoos and body piercings, that way you can tell the ones that ain't right by looking at them - [Hank Hill]
post #13 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 03:25 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by talisman
Because people are real?
So is God, you bonehead.

Lets look at a guy like Sonny Sandoval from POD. He has dreds and tons of tattoos, who are we to question his faith or salvation. The way I see it is that he can minister to people whe could never think of because of the way he looks.

By the way, I got my tat before I rededicated my life so I am forgiven and not going to hell for it.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #14 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 03:52 PM
not exclude

So if our bodies are a temple of God. And it's okay to tattoo your body. It must be okay if I go tag a church. :P
post #15 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 04:30 PM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
So is God, you bonehead.

Lets look at a guy like Sonny Sandoval from POD. He has dreds and tons of tattoos, who are we to question his faith or salvation. The way I see it is that he can minister to people whe could never think of because of the way he looks.

By the way, I got my tat before I rededicated my life so I am forgiven and not going to hell for it.

Nah, you're still going to go to hell, heathen. Might as well go get a PA peircing too.
post #16 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 07:44 PM
Foxbody King

lol so i'm going to hell for having earings? lol the bible is so full of bull

2003 cobra DSG

Last edited by Monsoon X; 10-21-2004 at 10:17 AM.
post #17 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 10:33 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher
Well if you go along with the teachings of the bible. God created us in His own divine image. Therefore any adaptation we make to what he has created I feel would be a slap in God's face.
So if I was horribly disfigured in an auto accident, I should just let it be?

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #18 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-10-2004, 10:34 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
I have a tatoo on my chest. Am I going to hell?
Just have your wife cut if off right before you die.

My 401K is now a 400K (was 301K)
post #19 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 04:02 AM Thread Starter
Long Live T.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy
lol so i'm going to hell for having earings? lol the bible is so full of bullshit

What are you people talking about..has anyone read the posts...no one has talked about hell except the people who are not bible belivers...

I just wanted to know if the bible had any info on stuff of this nature is all...

post #20 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 07:06 AM
98 SVT Cobra

1Ti 2:9 In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with braided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array.

Mat 5:36 Neither shalt thou swear by thy head, because thou canst not make one hair white or black. (you can assume this means that we are not to dye our hair.)

Isa 3:16 Moreover the LORD saith, Because the daughters of Zion are haughty, and walk with stretched forth necks and wanton eyes, walking and mincing as they go, and making a tinkling with their feet:
Isa 3:17 Therefore the Lord will smite with a scab the crown of the head of the daughters of Zion, and the LORD will discover their secret parts.
Isa 3:18 In that day the Lord will take away the bravery of their tinkling ornaments about their feet, and their cauls, and their round tires like the moon,
Isa 3:19 The chains, and the bracelets, and the mufflers,(no fart pipes )
Isa 3:20 The bonnets, and the ornaments of the legs, and the headbands, and the tablets, and the earrings,
Isa 3:21 The rings, and nose jewels,
Isa 3:22 The changeable suits of apparel, and the mantles, and the wimples, and the crisping pins,
Isa 3:23 The glasses, and the fine linen, and the hoods, and the veils.
Isa 3:24 And it shall come to pass, that instead of sweet smell there shall be stink; and instead of a girdle a rent; and instead of well set hair baldness; and instead of a stomacher a girding of sackcloth; and burning instead of beauty.
Isa 3:25 Thy men shall fall by the sword, and thy mighty in the war.
Isa 3:26 And her gates shall lament and mourn; and she being desolate shall sit upon the ground.

Luk 12:23 The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.

Jam 2:2 For if there come unto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poor man in vile raiment;
Jam 2:3 And ye have respect to him that weareth the gorgeous clothing, and say unto him, Sit thou here in a good place; and say to the poor, Stand thou there, or sit here under my footstool:
Jam 2:4 Are ye not then partial in yourselves, and are become judges of evil thoughts? (this goes both ways)

Disclaimer:
post #21 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 07:08 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
no one has talked about hell except the people who are not bible belivers...
I was just joking, whiteboy is just an idiot.

Disclaimer:
post #22 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-11-2004, 11:04 AM
v2004 rebooted.

Quote:
I was just joking, whiteboy is just an idiot.
I was serious!
post #23 of 34 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 04:16 AM Thread Starter
Long Live T.S.

I figured you were moondog...thank you greatly for the reply

post #24 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 09:14 PM
Time Served

Your body IS a temple... true.

To imply it's "wicked" to change the body's outward appearance seems a bit silly. Cutting the hair or even shaving for that matter changes the outward appearance. What about body building? How about those rabid Hispanic Christians with full-back tattoos of the virgin marry? Sinful?? Let me throw another glowing ember in your pants: Christian lesbians who in all rights look EXACTLY like guys, what about them!?

It's not how you look, it's what you do that matters to the Deity. It's simple common sense. If you're not happy with how you look: change your look. Freedom is a wonderful thing.
post #25 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-04-2004, 10:15 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoffman67
Christian lesbians
Theres an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

Disclaimer:
post #26 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-06-2004, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
Long Live T.S.

hmmm Moondog......really we could say that about everyone...stated that all sins are judge equal...so really going against what the bible says would kind of make us all a "lez christian" if ya know what I mean

post #27 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-06-2004, 03:59 AM
Out

Quote:
hmmm Moondog......really we could say that about everyone...stated that all sins are judge equal...so really going against what the bible says would kind of make us all a "lez christian" if ya know what I mean

They come best in pairs!
post #28 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-06-2004, 06:19 PM
Wolverines!!!

Doesn't the bible say, something about receiving a new glorified body, after you die? So wouldnt that mean when you stand before God, you won;t have any tatoos or alterations you get in this life?
post #29 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-06-2004, 09:43 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Not quite the same since gays and lesbians will not inherit the Kingdom of God (1 Cor 6:9,10). Therefore they cannot be Christians. Only through salvation, repentance and turning from their sinful lifestyle can they be called such.

Disclaimer:
post #30 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-07-2004, 03:07 AM Thread Starter
Long Live T.S.

ah alrighty...thanks good reply!

post #31 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 08:35 AM
Saved by Grace

I try to look humanity the way I think God does. We are his children, children doing stupid things making mistakes, full of pride and vanity. Yet he loves us anyway. If you have children you know what I mean. I'm a grown man, but I'm sure Gods looks down on some of the things I do and says Dumbass.
post #32 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-10-2004, 10:13 PM

how do you see a difference in a woman sticking an earring THROUGH her earlobe and a man getting a tattoo. i do believe it is very hard to find a tattoo that would please God. in my case, both of my tattoos are car related and i dont think either of them were a sin for me to get; but if i had a tattoo of a demon ripping through my skin, that would be different. i believe it is the same with plastic surgery. there is a difference between a woman getting breast implants the size of watermelons and a facelift on a middle-aged woman trying to look younger.
post #33 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2004, 10:17 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboy
lol so i'm going to hell for having earings? lol the bible is so full of bull

Whitey. You're gonna have to learn to control your language. This is twice that I've had to correct your posts.

Don't do it again.

post #34 of 34 (permalink) Old 10-27-2004, 08:03 AM
Time Served

Here is something to think about. I heard a story about a heroin addict who became a Christian and her biggest advantage to kicking heroin was that she believed her body to be a temple in which Jesus resided. The vision of Jesus shooting up heroin was enough for her to quit cold turkey. Same things go for cigarettes, copenhagen, etc.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement