Who is the anti-christ? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 02:07 PM Thread Starter
woof!

Who is the anti-christ?

me and some friends were talking about this and they were saying that if bush gets re-elected that it might be him??? i'll admit im not much of a church person but it still intrests me to see what other people think about what the bible says

jose
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 03:39 PM
Saved by Grace

Anti-Christ means instead of Christ. The one that will try to decieve to world in believeing he's Christ. He will perform miracles, like bringing peace to the middle-east, does that sound like Bush? He can't even ride a bicycle.
post #3 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
woof!

i know what your saying but..........oh well

post #4 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 05:35 PM

The anti-christ will be far more deceiving than Bush or any other politician could ever be...I'm a Bush fan, and I think he's done a lot of good things and know that he's a firm believer, and I think the only reason he gets soooo much crap is because people don't know how to deal with someone who openly trusts God to help him make decisions......

P.S. I'm not writing this to start a presidency debate...
post #5 of 41 (permalink) Old 07-31-2004, 10:15 PM
Saved by Grace

Things to watch for will be, world wide popularity, will bring fire rain down from the sky with his finger,[could be nuclear attack to bring about peace] and will be killed and in three days have a miracilous recovery]. Heck I thought Ronald Reagen was the anti-christ.
post #6 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 07:24 AM
98 SVT Cobra

First off "anti-christ" means one who is against or an enemy of Christ or a false christ.

Second, the anti-christ will come from Europe somewhere probably Italy or Germany, not the US.

Third, no one has a clue who the anti-christ is, or if he is even born yet. The anti-christ will:
1) claim to be God incarnate
2) be an extremely powerful and ungodly military leader
3) be given the power of Satan
4) be a notorious anti-Semite

Neither George W. nor Reagan fit the description. He will be a man very much like Hitler. Even Hitler himself claimed he was trying to set up a 1000 year reign for Germany (sound familiar?).

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #7 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 01:41 PM

i have no idea who it will be. there are some who specualate that he will come from the tribe of Dan. since dan was listed as one of the 12 tribes in the old testament, but in the book of Rev. that tribe is replaced by Manasseh. the anti-christ will have to proove his lineage some how. that is just a guess as to how.
post #8 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 04:09 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Yes, I have also heard that but mainly because of this verse and not Revelation.
Quote:
Gen 49:17 Dan shall be a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heels, so that his rider shall fall backward.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #9 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 04:17 PM
Lifer

I'd say my 5th grade teacher. That bitch was hostile!
post #10 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-01-2004, 10:49 PM
Hero in a half shell

I heard that the anti-christ will be very charasmatic and a person that everyone likes but does not know his "true" agenda. I think he is described in the bible as "a wolf in sheeps skin." He will also bring peace between Isreal and Palistine for about 3 years I think, but during this time, he will try to take over Jerusalem.

post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
Yes, I have also heard that but mainly because of this verse and not Revelation.

yah, that verse and the one in revelation are the two that started the search as to why dan was replaced in revelation. that was all we could come up with was that the anti-christ will come from that tribe and that would be good reason to replace them with manasseh.
post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 05:31 AM
Saved by Grace

There was a book out a few years back that was about the anti-christ coming to power through the Catholic Church. Possibly becoming Pope, a little out there but interesting stuff. I don't think it will be a military person.
post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-02-2004, 09:33 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Comet
There was a book out a few years back that was about the anti-christ coming to power through the Catholic Church. Possibly becoming Pope, a little out there but interesting stuff. I don't think it will be a military person.
I sorta disagree, I beleive that he will be a very strong military abd political leader. And as far as the Pope goes, at best I think the false prophet could come out of the Vatican.

Disclaimer:
post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 04:07 AM
Long Live T.S.

I might be wrong..but does it not also say that the person who is the "anti-christ" is to not even realize that which he is and that he honestly belives he is the one true christ? I might be wrong

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 05:40 AM
Saved by Grace

I heard this guy talking about his book on the radio, he talked about the linage of popes and how they are chosen. Stuff alot of people don't know about, very occult like. Then the smoke from the chimmney, spookie things go on behind closed doors there. Ever see the pope give a speech 500,000 people show up.
post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 05:44 AM
Lifer

Quote:
I heard this guy talking about his book on the radio, he talked about the linage of popes and how they are chosen. Stuff alot of people don't know about, very occult like. Then the smoke from the chimmney, spookie things go on behind closed doors there. Ever see the pope give a speech 500,000 people show up.
Agreed! I grew up Catholic and now see that the old school way I was raised in was full of a lot of chanting and a great deal of what I feel is idolotry and the whole praying to the saints thing makes little sense a scripture clearly states that the only way to speak to God is through His son Jesus Christ.
post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 02:00 AM
Long Live T.S.

Catholics pray to saints to help them ...Like pray to Saint Michael right before you go in to battle ..cause he was the saint that cast the devil out of heaven

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-04-2004, 09:29 PM
98 SVT Cobra

But Michael is an angel and we are not to pray to angels but to God only.

Disclaimer:
post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 02:24 AM
Long Live T.S.

yes but in order to become a saint I forget how long they have to be dead before you are nomiated to become on..so Angel/Saint all the same when I say Saint Michael

post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-05-2004, 04:13 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWminis
yes but in order to become a saint I forget how long they have to be dead before you are nomiated to become on..so Angel/Saint all the same when I say Saint Michael
My point is that Michael was never human, there for he has never died. If he never died how could he become a saint? Unless Catholics believe that people become angels when they die.

Disclaimer:
post #21 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-06-2004, 05:17 AM
Saved by Grace

The way I understand it, Catholics pray to saints, angels, statues, decessed love ones, even a painting of Mary in Poland. They believe whomever they pray to, carrys that message to God. They also beleve that the Pope knows the exact date of the return of Christ, but can't tell anyone. Whats weird they got the same bible we got, don't know how they rationalize this.
post #22 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-06-2004, 11:38 AM
Small Fry

Quote:
The way I understand it, Catholics pray to saints, angels, statues, decessed love ones, even a painting of Mary in Poland. They believe whomever they pray to, carrys that message to God.
Those are all pagan practices that made their way into their worship from the origin of the Church in Rome. Back when the Roman Church was up and coming most Romans were pagans. So the Church adopted some of their practices for two reasons, 1.) because most of the new christians used to be pagans they brought some of their practices with their conversion 2.) It also made christianity more appealing to be some what the same as how the pagans originally practiced.

At least those are some reasons I've read in a few different places.
post #23 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Time Served

I bet his name is going to be Nicolae Carpathia
post #24 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-06-2004, 01:00 PM
Small Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by utdbear
I bet his name is going to be Nicolae Carpathia
And the False Prophet will be named Leon Fortunato.
post #25 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-06-2004, 07:13 PM
98 SVT Cobra

<-----raises hand in anticipation.

OOOH, OOOOH! Can I be "Buck"?

Disclaimer:
post #26 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-06-2004, 11:00 PM
Small Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonDog
<-----raises hand in anticipation.

OOOH, OOOOH! Can I be "Buck"?

Naaa. But you'd make a good Chloe.

post #27 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-07-2004, 07:29 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Ok, so I am envisioning this hot blonde super model type, right?

Disclaimer:
post #28 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 08:21 AM
v2004 rebooted.

post #29 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-10-2004, 01:35 PM

ok

im the anti christ.. iv got my army ready on my xbox..
post #30 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-11-2004, 11:01 AM
Time Served

I get to be Dr. Rosenzwieg
post #31 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 09:43 AM
Lifer

Anyone think that maybe the antichrist isn't a sole person? Symbolism runs heavy through the Bible. Antichrist means against God. At some point or another, that is all of us. Maybe the antichrist isn't physical?
post #32 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-25-2004, 04:19 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoll5.0
Anyone think that maybe the antichrist isn't a sole person? Symbolism runs heavy through the Bible. Antichrist means against God. At some point or another, that is all of us. Maybe the antichrist isn't physical?
Can anyone point to the specific verse in the Bible [and which version] that mentions a single 'anti-christ', using that term.
post #33 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 03:07 AM
Out

Since the Anti-Christ won't make himself known until after the Rapture of Christ's church, I doubt anyone qualifies as the Anti-Christ. He wouldn't stand a chance at world domination with this many Christians here.

Nicolae Carpathia would fit what I think of, though. The Left Behind series is great reading!!! I can't wait to finish the series.
post #34 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 04:49 PM
AHMO!

david blain (sp?)
walks on the street and does false miracles (magic)
post #35 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 05:40 PM
Small Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben kenobi
Can anyone point to the specific verse in the Bible [and which version] that mentions a single 'anti-christ', using that term.

1 John 2:18, 22 NIV

Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you heard the Antichirst is coming, even now many antichrists have come.

Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--he denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
post #36 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 09:59 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadfan35
1 John 2:18, 22 NIV

Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you heard the Antichirst is coming, even now many antichrists have come.

Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist--he denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
That says the exact opposite and backs up his argument. It says the antichrist isn't just one person, but anyone who denies Christ.
post #37 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-29-2004, 11:02 PM
Small Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swoll5.0
That says the exact opposite and backs up his argument. It says the antichrist isn't just one person, but anyone who denies Christ.
All he asked for was a place in the Bible that uses the term Antichrist in a singular way and I gave it to him. And it's true that anyone who denies or is against Christ is an anti-christ. But if you look at the first half of that passage it say THE Antichrist is coming, meaning one person in particular. Antichrist is just one of the many names given to that world leader spoken of in the end times in in Bible. He is also called the Man of Lawlessness, the One Doomed to Destruction, the kiing, the Son of Perdition, the Beast, etc.
post #38 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny
Since the Anti-Christ won't make himself known until after the Rapture of Christ's church, I doubt anyone qualifies as the Anti-Christ. He wouldn't stand a chance at world domination with this many Christians here.

Nicolae Carpathia would fit what I think of, though. The Left Behind series is great reading!!! I can't wait to finish the series.

which is why he will not come to power until after... the tribulation. I think one of two things will happen.. I think the anti-christ will come in our lifetime, sings to look for.. one day waking up and millions of people are gone... the Pope dieing or disappearing in the tribulation. World peace being declared.. a nobody coming out of almost nowhere with a great plan.

This brings another question to the table along with the anti-christ... How do you guys feel the tribulation will play out? Will people simply vanish into thin air?? Will a plague sweep across the globe killing all that are saved and babtised, to be taken to the kingdom of heaven thereafter? Kind of makes you wonder.
post #39 of 41 (permalink) Old 08-31-2004, 08:38 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadfan35
All he asked for was a place in the Bible that uses the term Antichrist in a singular way and I gave it to him. And it's true that anyone who denies or is against Christ is an anti-christ. But if you look at the first half of that passage it say THE Antichrist is coming, meaning one person in particular. Antichrist is just one of the many names given to that world leader spoken of in the end times in in Bible. He is also called the Man of Lawlessness, the One Doomed to Destruction, the kiing, the Son of Perdition, the Beast, etc.
Right, there are and have been many antichrists but there will only be one "The Antichrist". It is clear by the passage given that the word antichrist is used in two different ways. One way is a state of belief (antichrist) the other is a title (The Antichrist)

Disclaimer:
post #40 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 06:10 AM
Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by trey85stang
which is why he will not come to power until after... the tribulation. I think one of two things will happen.. I think the anti-christ will come in our lifetime, sings to look for.. one day waking up and millions of people are gone... the Pope dieing or disappearing in the tribulation. World peace being declared.. a nobody coming out of almost nowhere with a great plan.

This brings another question to the table along with the anti-christ... How do you guys feel the tribulation will play out? Will people simply vanish into thin air?? Will a plague sweep across the globe killing all that are saved and babtised, to be taken to the kingdom of heaven thereafter? Kind of makes you wonder.
I think Christ's Rapture will be a painless transfer to those involved, but the seven years of Tribulation will be something that I'm glad I won't be a part of.
post #41 of 41 (permalink) Old 09-01-2004, 10:54 AM
Lifer

Has anyone done any research on preterism? I've never really given much thought to the end times because it just never really mattered much to me since I know where I'm going, but lately I've just kinda gotten interested in all of it because there is such a controversy between different groups/people about how/what/when it will happen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement