please take the time to read - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 12:59 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

please take the time to read

My name is jon,
i thought i was a true beliver in christ. i had somewhat of a nazi chrsitian idea. i belived that i was better than everyone else and that most christians i meet where fakers. i judged constantly. i was even a bigot.

i have since changed,

fast foward to this month
i meet this awesome guy named jeremy , great crhsitian buddy who hears me out. he showed me that i was totally thinking the wrong kinda of christiantiy. i finally took his advice and started my serch for god. After talking to jeremy and paul( great christian buddy online) i learned that i built myself a prision .

this is what im having a hard time dealing with...
The past 3 weeks i have greatly sinned against god, i had sex , i denied my religion, then told her was religious but iw as ashamend of it...then i hear she had done some really screwed up things;drugs, things like that. i still continue to have sex, thinking that it will make me a better person, only to realize that all im doing is going further away from god.

now right now i built my own prision,
im with someone whom i know god doesnt want me to be with, i had sex, and i drank and contemplated doing drugs....i just thought i post this, it helps me to know i got chrisitan brothers and sisters

Last edited by FordMustangLove; 07-28-2004 at 01:05 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 01:36 AM

well, you realize where you are right now so that it is a good thing. what you have to be careful of is..sometimes when we mess up and start to go down the wrong path, we think that if we acknowledge the fact that we have sinned and tell someone that it makes whatever we are doing ok, or atleast we feel better about it. if you know that God doesn't want you to be with this person and that this person is influencing you to do bad things, then you need to stay away from that person. alot of times we are so scared that we are going to hurt someones feeling that we don't do what we know we have to do.
in II Kings Jehu was given a job to do. he had to destroy a city and everyone in it. as the story goes, Jezebel heard and tried to suduce him whe he came to kill here. instead of falling for the trick, he kills her, smears her blood on the walls and tramples her with horses as they leave. when we are faced with jezebels in our life we must do the same. your salvation and relationship with Christ is far more important that your relationship with this girl. you need to cut all ties with her, surround yourself with the good christian buddies you have named and get back to getting to know God. if you built this prison only you can destroy it. and when you destroy it, make sure that there is nothing left alive. pm me if you want to talk
-john
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 05:40 AM
Saved by Grace

Sounds like God got tired of you being so prideful. You'll got a little humility now, huh? I've always grown closer to God behind some sort of struggle or battle with the flesh. You will come through this a better Christian. Proverbs 27:17 says, iron sharpens iron and one man sharpens another. Let your friend hold you accountable, talk with him daily and let him pull you up. We all go crazy sometimes, but we all don't go crazy at the same time. I went through this same thing last year, good sex is hard to walk away from, heck even bad sex is hard to walk away from. I came through it and guess what I lost might right to judge anyone else's weakness's. There's a book that might help also, it's called Every Man's Battle, don't know who the author is. Remember we serve a forgiving God.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 07:42 AM

We will be praying for you.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 08:09 AM

We understand...you are not alone...pray that God will help youto repent...spend lots of time with quality Christian friends and be sure to faithfully be a part of a healthy local church...let me know if I can help!

Lee
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 02:20 PM
Small Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordMustangLove
My name is jon,
i thought i was a true beliver in christ. i had somewhat of a nazi chrsitian idea. i belived that i was better than everyone else and that most christians i meet where fakers. i judged constantly. i was even a bigot.

i have since changed,

fast foward to this month
i meet this awesome guy named jeremy , great crhsitian buddy who hears me out. he showed me that i was totally thinking the wrong kinda of christiantiy. i finally took his advice and started my serch for god. After talking to jeremy and paul( great christian buddy online) i learned that i built myself a prision .

this is what im having a hard time dealing with...
The past 3 weeks i have greatly sinned against god, i had sex , i denied my religion, then told her was religious but iw as ashamend of it...then i hear she had done some really screwed up things;drugs, things like that. i still continue to have sex, thinking that it will make me a better person, only to realize that all im doing is going further away from god.

now right now i built my own prision,
im with someone whom i know god doesnt want me to be with, i had sex, and i drank and contemplated doing drugs....i just thought i post this, it helps me to know i got chrisitan brothers and sisters

Jon, you've already taken a big step in admitting to yourself that you're going down the wrong path. Like many have suggested, You need to break it off with this girl, and surround yourself with believers who can be there for you. You also need to get back in touch with God. Pray to Him confessing all that you've done and ask forgiveness. Ask for strength to help you follow His path and resist temptation.

Ephesians 6:11 Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devils schemes.

Jesus can give you strength. Spend time in the Word, read your Bible often. And Pray often also. Make a point to spend time with God often. But most of all remeber that God is merciful and you can be forgiven.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 04:52 PM
Lifer

James 5:16
Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much
Sponsored Links
Advertisement