more questions - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 03:09 AM Thread Starter
Long Live T.S.

more questions

lol everytime I ask a question it rises more thinking .... from what Josh says we need a physical body to enter heaven...does that mean being Cremated is wrong in the eyes of the bible/God???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
I believe that verse speaks of the physical body not the soul. Jesus told the thief on the cross that he would be with him in paradise that very day. The Bible also says, that to be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord. So I do believe that when a Christian dies they, their soul, immediately goes to heaven. When the rapture happens the dead bodies of Christians will rise first to meet their souls, and then those which remain will meet Christ in the air. That is what I think is going on.

Another thing to consider is the transfiguration of Christ when Moses and Elijah appeared with Jesus.

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 08:09 AM
98 SVT Cobra

No I do not believe that Josh was trying to say that we need a physical body to enter heaven. Because no corruptible thing can enter heaven. Everyone who has died and gone to heaven does not have their physical body with them, but during the rapture our bodies will be changed from corruptable to incorruptable.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Long Live T.S.

so is being cremated a bad thing then?

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 07:21 AM
TWIN SPINNER

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWminis
so is being cremated a bad thing then?
Is being martyred on a burning stake a bad thing then? I jest but only to make a point. Being cremated is not bad in the least. Unfortunately I have heard the argument against cremation before. Which hits a little close to home since my mom was just cremated a few months ago.
If God can reassemble the bodies of 2000 year old saints, a soldier blown to bits on the battle field, or a martyrdom on a burning stake. (Which BTW, never come into question with regard to the resurrection.) I see no reason to believe that He can not reassemble someone that is cremated. Besides God built this Universe from nothing.
The Bible definately does not say that it is forbid.

Moondog, I concur.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link

Last edited by Josh; 07-25-2004 at 07:28 AM.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 02:56 AM Thread Starter
Long Live T.S.

ah excellent..thank you for the answers...I was planned on being cremated..obviously not anytime soon hehe...I want my ashes spread over somewhere cool like sixflags

post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-26-2004, 01:49 PM
Which one's the clutch?

lol...i hope six flags lets you do that

1987 Nissan pick up-wrecked
1984 Ponitiac grand am-sold
1988 Buick lasabre-sold
1987 Nissan 300zx-sold intake/exhaust
2001 Yamaha r6-sold slip on
2004 Yamaha r1-sold full exhaust
1991 Nissan 240sx-torn down,almost built up.
1994 toyota celica-blown up. exhaust
2005 Honda accord-daily.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craizie
lol...i hope six flags lets you do that
LOL
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 05:24 PM
Saved by Grace

Timothy Leary and Carl Sagan sent theirs into outer space. Now thats out of this world.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-28-2004, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh
Is being martyred on a burning stake a bad thing then? I jest but only to make a point. Being cremated is not bad in the least. Unfortunately I have heard the argument against cremation before. Which hits a little close to home since my mom was just cremated a few months ago.
If God can reassemble the bodies of 2000 year old saints, a soldier blown to bits on the battle field, or a martyrdom on a burning stake. (Which BTW, never come into question with regard to the resurrection.) I see no reason to believe that He can not reassemble someone that is cremated. Besides God built this Universe from nothing.
The Bible definately does not say that it is forbid.

Moondog, I concur.
i could not agree more! well said
Sponsored Links
Advertisement