Scriptures on guidence - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 12:17 AM Thread Starter
Certified CRAZY!

Scriptures on guidence

When you ar trying to make a decision, how do you know which is the "right" one? Prayers don't seem to be directing me in knowing which way to go and I haven't seen a neon sign yet.

What are some verses on this type of subject?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 12:34 AM
Small Fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegirl
When you ar trying to make a decision, how do you know which is the "right" one? Prayers don't seem to be directing me in knowing which way to go and I haven't seen a neon sign yet.

Is there anyway you could give a clue as to what it deals with, without coming right out and saying it? For instance is it about a work, or a family member, will it affect you or others Etc.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 02:56 AM
Saved by Grace

Here's some tools I use when it's not clear whats God's will is for me. They're called the four absolutes: Honesty, Purity, Unselfishness and Love. 1]Is what I'm considering an Honesty act[am I facing the truth],2] is it pure of heart[what are my motives really], 3]is it an unselfish act [their needs above mine] 4]is it an expression of God's love, is it a loving act[even if emotional pains involved]? This last year my lesson has been to stop trying so hard to figure out what God's will is, because I really won't know till later on anyway. Hind sight is 20/20, just don't be a slave to fear. Some things just have to run their course. Not scriptures but, hope this helps.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 03:31 AM
Lifer

Good to see you are prayin' about it kiddo. I've been talking to my wife a bit about it and have been praying for you. I know it is a big decision. I think the most important thing I have learned is to make a decision that is best for the family as a whole. I know the goal is to have two good parents around, but I believe that as long as your man is down for the task and you negotiate enough travel home to see the family a short term move like this would be good. I would make sure your girls and your husband support the decision and your heart is in line with making a better life for your family without them feeling they have been left behind for your career. You have my support. I spent a lot of time praying on whether or not I would simply stay on nights. The money gives us an opportunity to get caught up on credit cards, but my wife and daughter struggled with me sleeping most of the day and not being there for them at night. We had a family meeting and my wife agreed to pray with me about it. She came to realize I was not just doing it for the money. Heck I am a night owl and enjoy nights, but we have set a timeframe when I will go to days to lead more of a normal schedule.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 08:15 AM
98 SVT Cobra

I will put it bluntly and to the point. I am not saying that this is the case with you because I dont know you but if a persons life is not right with God (i.e. unrepentant sinner) then there is nothing they can do, praying, reading the bible, ect.. that will help them in a situation or decision. The only prayer that God will hear is a prayer of salvation or repentance, then He will begin to help in everyday life.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-24-2004, 03:37 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegirl

I do not want to pretend to know you or your situation just a thought on this subject, mostly from my own personal experiences. God doesnt seem to give us NEON SIGN guidance. most of the time I was still trying to figure it out on my own without God, in other words I was not opening myself to his will for me. It s difficult thing for most of us to turn our lives over COMPLETELY to God. I would evaluate the things again, in prayer being open to solutions you may not have thought of.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement