Hmmmm Question - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 07:59 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Hmmmm Question

I was watching a show about Hermaphradites so me and the wife were like. What sexuality are they?

IE. One lady was born with a vagina but, she had testicles in her abdomen. Around puberty, she started producing testosterone not, estrogen. She eventually had the gonads taken out. She dated women but has been with men. It made me think. Good show.

My question is: In there case; What is the natural sexual orientation? When you are born with both inside of you?

Thoughts?

Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 09:01 AM
Boost is Good

I dont know where to start
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 11:23 AM
Small Fry

I would say their sex would be determined by which ever part of them is more dominant. Like if they have a penis and testicles that function normally, yet they also have a vagina, but it cannot reproduce. In that case they'd be a male. On specials I've seen before, the case is usually that one sexual organ is more dominant than the other. One will fully develop and the other will not. If there is a case where both develop fully, then I don't know what to say there.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadfan35
I would say their sex would be determined by which ever part of them is more dominant. Like if they have a penis and testicles that function normally, yet they also have a vagina, but it cannot reproduce. In that case they'd be a male. On specials I've seen before, the case is usually that one sexual organ is more dominant than the other. One will fully develop and the other will not. If there is a case where both develop fully, then I don't know what to say there.
Well in this one chick's case. She had a Vagina but no female reproductive organs. Instead of a Uterus and stuff on the inside, she had testicles. So her case isn't like any of the ones you proposed. She couldn't have a vaginal orgasm either. So neither one was dominant. I guess you could say that the male one was dominant because it started producing testosterone. But it didn't work any other way. For instance making love to a woman. couldn't be done.

Weird question: Can't answer it.

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 01:32 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsoon X
Well in this one chick's case. She had a Vagina but no female reproductive organs. Instead of a Uterus and stuff on the inside, she had testicles. So her case isn't like any of the ones you proposed. She couldn't have a vaginal orgasm either. So neither one was dominant. I guess you could say that the male one was dominant because it started producing testosterone. But it didn't work any other way. For instance making love to a woman. couldn't be done.

Weird question: Can't answer it.
Thats jacked up
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 03:53 PM
Saved by Grace

I've got a baby on the way, and learning about the process. What I understand all fetus's start out as female and change to predomonaint sex early in first tri-mester and is evident at 14-18 weeks. Most likely these people where twins in the beginning and only one person was born with some of the other babys internals. It's a birth defect, some people are born with both sex oragans but, only one will function right. Science has studyed the brains of homo-sexuals and have found distinct brain patterns to determine sexual perferences. Alot of Christians bash gays, but I would rather look at them as God's children born with birth defects.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-06-2004, 04:00 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72Comet
Science has studyed the brains of homo-sexuals and have found distinct brain patterns to determine sexual perferences. Alot of Christians bash gays, but I would rather look at them as God's children born with birth defects.
I asked a geneticist about that and she told me they know that there is a chemical difference in the brain from homosexuals, but she told me they are still studing the matter to find out if the chemical difference is resulting in homosexuality or if homosexuality is resulting the chemical difference. <--- Learned it in a genetics class
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 05:47 AM
Saved by Grace

I believe homo-sexuality is something people are born with. The bible is clear that God doesn't approve of same sex relations. I think that applies to perversion and not defective brain chemistry.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 05:33 PM
Time Served

This reminds me of the unsubstantiated rumor that Jamie Lee Curtis is genetically a man. The theory is that she suffers from a condition called Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome. Basically, all humans start out as females and if androgens are introduced, the fetus develops into a boy. If the receptors that detect the androgens don't work correctly, the baby ends up as a normal-looking female, only with internal testes and no uterus. This disorder would typically go unnoticed until puberty when the subject would fail to begin menstruating. Outsiders are unaware that these women have a problem except that they are "sterile".
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-08-2004, 05:44 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
I was watching a show about Hermaphradites so me and the wife were like. What sexuality are they?

IE. One lady was born with a vagina but, she had testicles in her abdomen. Around puberty, she started producing testosterone not, estrogen. She eventually had the gonads taken out. She dated women but has been with men. It made me think. Good show.

My question is: In there case; What is the natural sexual orientation? When you are born with both inside of you?

Thoughts?
[Arsenio Hall]Things that make you go ummmmmmm......[/Arsenio Hall]

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 01:32 AM
Long Live T.S.

perhaps they are just damned from the beging of life....it really makes you wonder...Is this gods doing?? to allow someone to live such a messed up life..cause lets all behonest here..clearly this person is going to have serious issues in his/her life....How can one turn to god in this time and say thank you for what was given to me?? hmmm just a thought really...

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 08:28 AM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWminis
perhaps they are just damned from the beging of life....it really makes you wonder...Is this gods doing?? to allow someone to live such a messed up life..cause lets all behonest here..clearly this person is going to have serious issues in his/her life....How can one turn to god in this time and say thank you for what was given to me?? hmmm just a thought really...
It just goes to show you that no matter what cards you are delt in life God can always use you to His greater glory. You can find plenty of examples in the Bible where God has turned Zero's into Heros. I just think it shows how powerfull a God we have.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Saved by Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by 281R
It just goes to show you that no matter what cards you are delt in life God can always use you to His greater glory. You can find plenty of examples in the Bible where God has turned Zero's into Heros. I just think it shows how powerfull a God we have.
AMEN!!!!!
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 06:58 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Things like this happen not because God made them that way but because there is sin in the world and we have to live with the consequences. Once Jesus returns there will never be anything like this again.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-10-2004, 07:00 AM
Out

I think y'all are putting too much thought into Hermaphradites!
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-11-2004, 01:43 PM
Time Served

What is to think about?

The series was about Hermaphradites. That would make any such person a Hermaphradite.

A Hermaphradite being both male and female.

If they could call them one or the other then they would not be called Hermaphradites We do recognize people by their physical appearances (that we can see). So while me may call this person a women (unknowingly or blinded from fact....a misconception) in reality the person is a Hermaphradite.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0sense
What is to think about?

The series was about Hermaphradites. That would make any such person a Hermaphradite.

A Hermaphradite being both male and female.

If they could call them one or the other then they would not be called Hermaphradites We do recognize people by their physical appearances (that we can see). So while me may call this person a women (unknowingly or blinded from fact....a misconception) in reality the person is a Hermaphradite.
huh?

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 09:49 AM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blownragtop
This reminds me of the unsubstantiated rumor that Jamie Lee Curtis is genetically a man.
No, her chromosomes are XXY. Yes, she has THREE sets of chromosomes for every gene. When her genes were built, there was a 50/50 chance the gene would come out "male" (XY) or "female" (XX). For most things, like number of fingers, eye color, etc.. it really didn't matter. But when it came to her gender / sexuality, she came out all female, and she is not sterile. But many of these people are sterile, and have jacked up gender / orientations as well.

interesting topic

maybe Moon Dog is right
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 12:38 PM
Time Served

Quote:
huh?
It is not that hard JC.

Imagine there are 3 sexes. Male, female, and hermaphradite

The person you ask about is a a hermaphradite.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 03:26 PM Thread Starter
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by z0sense
It is not that hard JC.

Imagine there are 3 sexes. Male, female, and hermaphradite

The person you ask about is a a hermaphradite.
Bro, I'm not asking WHAT they are. LOL

post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 08:05 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46Tbird
maybe Moon Dog is right
HUH? Did I read that right?

Maybe this should be the quote of the day.

Disclaimer:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement