Going Down under - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
Long Live T.S.

Going Down under

ok can someone please tell me the ways that one goes to hell and if at all possible quote where in the bible please...thank you very much!

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 05:22 AM
Out

Matthew 5:22 - But I say to you that every one who is angry with his brother shall be liable to judgment; whoever insults his brother shall be liable to the council, and whoever says, 'You fool!' shall be liable to the hell of fire.

Matthew 5:29 - If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it away; it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell.

Matthew 5:30 - And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away; it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body go into hell.

Matthew 10:28 - And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul; rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 18:9 - And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it away; it is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire.

Matthew 23:33 - You serpents, you brood of vipers, how are you to escape being sentenced to hell?

Mark 9:43 - And if your hand causes you to sin, cut it off; it is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go to hell, to the unquenchable fire.

Luke 12:5 - But I will warn you whom to fear: fear him who, after he has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I tell you, fear him!
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-18-2004, 10:41 PM
Time Served

Hell

Listen. All you are going to get when you ask someone to quote the Bilbe is proof texting. They will blirt out lines from the old and new testement saying whatever you want or dont want to hear. The fact is thats not the way it works. You must read the whole book to understand the meaning of specific lines, to understand how they fit with the lesson, and even then you must have these things taught to you.(by a preacher etc.)

As far as hell goes, the only unforgivable sin, is not accepting Jesus Christ as your saviour and you lord. As far as sin goes, they are all considered the same in the eyes of God, although here on earth we look at Murder and Stealing as two different worlds, but they both break God's heart.

So to sum it up, the only unforgivable sin, is to not accept Christ, and deny the sacrafice of God's only son to save sinners like you an me.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 06:11 AM
Small Fry

Re: Hell

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT93Style
Listen. All you are going to get when you ask someone to quote the Bilbe is proof texting. They will blirt out lines from the old and new testement saying whatever you want or dont want to hear. The fact is thats not the way it works. You must read the whole book to understand the meaning of specific lines, to understand how they fit with the lesson, and even then you must have these things taught to you.(by a preacher etc.)

As far as hell goes, the only unforgivable sin, is not accepting Jesus Christ as your saviour and you lord. As far as sin goes, they are all considered the same in the eyes of God, although here on earth we look at Murder and Stealing as two different worlds, but they both break God's heart.

So to sum it up, the only unforgivable sin, is to not accept Christ, and deny the sacrafice of God's only son to save sinners like you an me.
I'll agree with that assessment. however I am also gonna quote the Bible.

A good part to read about going to hell is Matthew 25:31-46, but here is a small excerpt:

"I tell you the Truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." "The he will say to those on the left, 'Depart form me you who are cursed into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels"...

"They will also answer, 'Lord when did we see you hungery or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick and in prison, and did not help you?"...

..."Then they will go away to the eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 06:57 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Re: Hell

Quote:

I could have sworn that my bible said that the only unforgivable sin was blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, I dont remember anywhere that says not accepting Chirst is a sin.

I will say that "the ways that one goes to hell" is by not accepting Christ as their Savior. Its not because its a sin not to accept Him but but because we are already sinners. If you have ever lied about anything, if you hate anyone, if you have ever lusted after another man/woman, you are a sinner and deserving of hell. The sad thing is, we have all done these at one time or another, but God loved us so much that He made a way out for us in His Son Jesus. He does not say that we have to believe or undstand everything the bible says but we just must confess that Jesus is Lord and that God raised Him from the dead. Those are the only stipulations for being saved, nothing more, nothing less. If a person does not do these two things, regardless of how good they think they have been, they will spend eternity in hell.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 09:12 AM
Time Served

Re: Re: Hell

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
I could have sworn that my bible said that the only unforgivable sin was blasphemy of the Holy Spirit, I dont remember anywhere that says not accepting Chirst is a sin.

True. But by not accepting Christ as your saviour you are denoucing him for what he was...this is Blasphemy. Right?
And the only route to the Father and his kingdom is through Christ...so if you don't accept him your in trouble....hence this is the only unforgivable sin...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 09:25 AM
NES Crew

Quote:
Originally posted by Denny

Matthew 5:29 - If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it away; it is better that you lose one of your members than that your whole body be thrown into hell.

Matthew 18:9 - And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and throw it away; it is better for you to enter life with one eye than with two eyes to be thrown into the hell of fire.

I think at this point the sinner would have no eyes?

Of course my 666th post would be in the theology corner.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-19-2004, 12:10 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Re: Re: Re: Hell

Quote:
True. But by not accepting Christ as your saviour you are denoucing him for what he was...this is Blasphemy. Right?
And the only route to the Father and his kingdom is through Christ...so if you don't accept him your in trouble....hence this is the only unforgivable sin...
The Pharisees were denying the works that Jesus was doing was coming from God. They claimed that they were the works of Beelzebub the prince of the devils. This is why Jesus said they were blaspheming the Holy Spirit. This is one reason why I am very weary of bashing a preacher or pastor for what they do or say unless it is outright against what is taught within scripture.
Quote:
Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men.
Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
Again, I believe that although it is not nessesarily a sin to deny Christ, it is the only way to escape hell.

Last edited by MoonDog; 06-19-2004 at 12:13 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-08-2004, 12:00 AM Thread Starter
Long Live T.S.

When the board switch over we lost alot of this thread...I was wondering if someone cause post the parts of the bible that say ..When one gets the mark of the Beast her/she will go to hell regardless who they are...thank you!!

To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement