Need some Bible verses for my girlfriend - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 01:26 PM Thread Starter
Sports weenie @ full attn

Need some Bible verses for my girlfriend

My girlfriend's parents are going through some tough times right now, always arguing and fighting, more than likely going to split up. Their family has always been really close so my girlfriend isn't taking this so well. I've been telling her that everything happens for a reason and that this is all part of God's plan, but I'm looking for some verses that fortify this. My Bible has a limited index so I'm looking for a needle in a haystack here. So can anyone think of any verses that basically say "Put your trust in Me and all will be well" or "Everything is part of My plan"? Something along the lines of that.

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 03:55 PM

Rather than tell her that everything happens for a reason, I would share with her that in times like this, we need to draw near to God. We all know crummy things happen, we all hopefully know God is in charge of it all, etc. I think it will be more comforting if you point her to a closer walk with Jesus, where she can find true comfort and peace.

See scriptures below:

Psalms 37:23 The steps of the godly are directed by the LORD.
He delights in every detail of their lives. NLT

John 16:33 These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." NKJV

Prov 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He shall direct your paths. NKJV

Col 3:15 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts NIV

Phillipians 4:6-9 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy meditate on these things. The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you. NKJV

Heb 13:5-6 ...for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee. So that we may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not fear... KJV

Rom 8:28 And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. NIV

Let me know if I can help any further...

In Christ,

Lee
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 05:12 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up

All of those are great and the one in Romans and the one in Proverbs will work perfectly

Thanks!

Last edited by ZYouL8R; 06-08-2004 at 05:15 PM.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 07:20 PM
Along for the ride

Quote:
Originally posted by ZYouL8R
All of those are great and the one in Romans and the one in Proverbs will work perfectly

Thanks!
i agree with Lee. here are some more that might help:

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and your plans will succeed." Proverbs 16:3

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21

"There is no wisdom, no insight, no plan that can succeed against the Lord." Proverbs 21:30

"And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear." 1 Corinthians 10:13

Also, have her and her parents refer to 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. " By far one of my favorite versus.

If they depend on God and focus on love i'm sure everything will work out for the best, according to God's plan.

marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-14-2004, 12:46 PM

with issues like fighting, argueing and divorce we must be very careful and sensitive. to tell a person who is new in Christ or not saved at all( i do not know your girlfriend's relationship) that the reason why their parents are fighting and getting a divorce is part of God's will is wrong. divorce is not part of God's will. there is only 1 circumstance in the Bible when it is permitted.
scriptures that have been listed are great inspirational scriptures. but, let me challenge you. if her parents are not christians, talk to them about God and Jesus and if they are, talk to them about what the Bible says about divorce and how in a marriage the man and woman are united and made one. if you need scriptures let me know.
as christians we must fight against the works of the devil in all things. we are here to spread the message of the gospel, encourage, heal, ect ect!! not to stand by as the world falls apart.
john
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 01:08 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnStang
with issues like fighting, argueing and divorce we must be very careful and sensitive. to tell a person who is new in Christ or not saved at all( i do not know your girlfriend's relationship) that the reason why their parents are fighting and getting a divorce is part of God's will is wrong. divorce is not part of God's will. there is only 1 circumstance in the Bible when it is permitted.
scriptures that have been listed are great inspirational scriptures. but, let me challenge you. if her parents are not christians, talk to them about God and Jesus and if they are, talk to them about what the Bible says about divorce and how in a marriage the man and woman are united and made one. if you need scriptures let me know.
as christians we must fight against the works of the devil in all things. we are here to spread the message of the gospel, encourage, heal, ect ect!! not to stand by as the world falls apart.
john
I wasn't necessarily telling her that divorce was part of God's will, rather I was telling her to put her faith in God and all will be right.

And the reason they are fighting is because her dad cheated on her mom. I'm not sure when the Bible permits divorce, but adultry seems like one of those instances, but hopefully it won't lead to that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement