miracle? divine intervention? sorry, it's long - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 12:43 AM Thread Starter
Saint's heart sinner skin

miracle? divine intervention? sorry, it's long

ok, well after reading the posts about mormons and mormon churches and how they're wrong or fall into the category of "religions or religious sects that are false," it made me think of the only mormon i really know well. his name is skip and i used to work with him. he's one of the best people you will ever meet in your life and we got to talking one day, then it turned into a daily thing to conversate about religion and god (since i really want to find my way.) i asked how he knows and he said he just knows and he can feel it, typical answers. then i asked if he had any scientific or physical proof (since i'm scientifically minded) and he responded with 2 stories. here is the gist of them but still with important details.

1. he went to school at byu (big surprise ) and one night while driving back it began snowing really hard and he lost control of his 68 stang and spun between 180-360 while going forward all while the road was turning, (kinda like the new "sport" of drifting, just with a 360). when he stopped he had to get out of the car to calm himself down and he checked out the ruts from the tires and you could clearly see them all the way except until he came to a light pole and they stopped about a foot from the light pole, then continued on the other side of the light pole. he says there is no way he could have gotten airborn, missed it, came back and landed and continued in the same path.

2. his niece wanted to follow in her older sister's footsteps and become a cheerleader at byu (again, big surprise), and she made the team and was coming home from school. i believe she had a brain anneurism (sp?) and died. the whole family was trying to fly to one home to stay from out of town and so there were many people in and out and one day while most of the people were out a female family member was sitting there watching tv, and saw the young lady come into the room. the girl said her name and told her that she was ok and tell her mom not to worry that she's with her grandpa now. she decided not to tell the mother for fear of the stress and emotion so she told someone else. the next day the grandmother and one aunt went to lie down in a bed while waiting for the mother and father to come back from picking out a casket. the aunt fell asleep right off and the grandmother layed there with her eyes closed until someone took her hand. she opened her eyes to see her granddaughter and so the granddaughter told her the same things and also said to tell her mom that the casket she bought was fine and that she really liked the purple color and the bird was a nice touch. when the mom got there she was told the story and broke down... she had just purchased a purple-ish casket and on the inside were some doves embroidered into the lining. then, the other family member was compelled to tell her story.

i guess my questions are a.) what do you think the first and second stories are cases of? divine interventions and angels, etc?
b.) since he's a mormon and maybe praises the "wrong" things or however you guys look at it, would that make it any less likely for these things to happen? i know he has a good relationship with god and only follows things he thinks are right and he says he does see problems with the religion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 02:41 PM

Re: miracle? divine intervention? sorry, it's long

Quote:
Originally posted by hotrod66stang
ok, well after reading the posts about mormons and mormon churches and how they're wrong or fall into the category of "religions or religious sects that are false," it made me think of the only mormon i really know well. his name is skip and i used to work with him. he's one of the best people you will ever meet in your life and we got to talking one day, then it turned into a daily thing to conversate about religion and god (since i really want to find my way.) i asked how he knows and he said he just knows and he can feel it, typical answers. then i asked if he had any scientific or physical proof (since i'm scientifically minded) and he responded with 2 stories. here is the gist of them but still with important details.

1. he went to school at byu (big surprise ) and one night while driving back it began snowing really hard and he lost control of his 68 stang and spun between 180-360 while going forward all while the road was turning, (kinda like the new "sport" of drifting, just with a 360). when he stopped he had to get out of the car to calm himself down and he checked out the ruts from the tires and you could clearly see them all the way except until he came to a light pole and they stopped about a foot from the light pole, then continued on the other side of the light pole. he says there is no way he could have gotten airborn, missed it, came back and landed and continued in the same path.

2. his niece wanted to follow in her older sister's footsteps and become a cheerleader at byu (again, big surprise), and she made the team and was coming home from school. i believe she had a brain anneurism (sp?) and died. the whole family was trying to fly to one home to stay from out of town and so there were many people in and out and one day while most of the people were out a female family member was sitting there watching tv, and saw the young lady come into the room. the girl said her name and told her that she was ok and tell her mom not to worry that she's with her grandpa now. she decided not to tell the mother for fear of the stress and emotion so she told someone else. the next day the grandmother and one aunt went to lie down in a bed while waiting for the mother and father to come back from picking out a casket. the aunt fell asleep right off and the grandmother layed there with her eyes closed until someone took her hand. she opened her eyes to see her granddaughter and so the granddaughter told her the same things and also said to tell her mom that the casket she bought was fine and that she really liked the purple color and the bird was a nice touch. when the mom got there she was told the story and broke down... she had just purchased a purple-ish casket and on the inside were some doves embroidered into the lining. then, the other family member was compelled to tell her story.

i guess my questions are a.) what do you think the first and second stories are cases of? divine interventions and angels, etc?
b.) since he's a mormon and maybe praises the "wrong" things or however you guys look at it, would that make it any less likely for these things to happen? i know he has a good relationship with god and only follows things he thinks are right and he says he does see problems with the religion.
Hotrod66stag,

With love I say this as you are in search for the truth.

Mormons sever a false god, not the living and true God.

Just read what I posted (as you said you have) and you will see the lies that have formed the cult it is today.

He may be a great guy (many are), but he has no relationship with God...maybe another god...but not the God of the Bible.

The stories are like many I have heard from lost people, who hold on to these "spiritual" experiences as their god. I believe it is either coincidence or demonic. Again, I say this with love.

Do not waste your time searching for truth in the midst of bountiful lies, but look to the word of God and a healthy church. You may come visit my church any time.

Lee
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2004, 03:19 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Re: Re: miracle? divine intervention? sorry, it's long

Quote:
Originally posted by four5.0snomore
Hotrod66stag,

You may come visit my church any time.

Lee
He's in Austin so I dont think he will be visiting anytime soon.

Bryan,

1. Was this divine intervention? Probably, there are many things that happen in todays world that attributed to being a miracle. I believe that God has a plan for everyone but that does not mean that if he steps in and takes control of a situation such as this means that that person in on the right track. I merely means that God loves him and has a bigger plan for him sometime in the future.

2. The bible is very clear about not entertaining nor speaking with the dead. I do not believe that his neice is the one that showed up but a demon imitating her. There are spirits all around us watching our every move. This is how they know what is going on when they show up. These are called familiar spirits, because they are familiar with the person they are imitating and the rest of the family.
Quote:
Deu 18:10 There shall not be found with thee any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, one that useth divination, one that practiseth augury, or an enchanter, or a sorcerer,
Deu 18:11 or a charmer, or a consulter with a familiar spirit, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
Deu 18:12 For whosoever doeth these things is an abomination unto Jehovah: and because of these abominations Jehovah thy God doth drive them out from before thee.
I am sure you know that I, like Lee, am saying all this in love. I am sure your friend is a good person and desires to know the truth just like you. But even the most godly people can be deceived.

Randy

Last edited by MoonDog; 05-23-2004 at 03:23 PM.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 04:25 PM Thread Starter
Saint's heart sinner skin

okie dokie, thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement