adam & eve??? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 06:30 AM Thread Starter

Question adam & eve???

who thinks that the apple is just symbolism, and it represents eve having sex with satan?

just curious
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 07:06 AM
98 SVT Cobra

No, I believe there was actually a tree with fruit on it that was eaten by both Eve and then Adam, although I have heard this theory before. Throughout the OT when two people had sex it says that they "knew" each other. It does not say that the serpent knew Eve but it does say that Adam knew Eve.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 09:25 AM
Out

I heard the theory it meant she did the dirty with Satan, and when she went back to Adam, she showed him what she learned. Also, people believe that Cain is the outcome of the first shaggin'.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 09:26 AM

It was actual fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil. That is why God expelled them from the garden and set the angel to guard the entrance so they would not then eat of the tree of life.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 09:39 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
I heard the theory it meant she did the dirty with Satan, and when she went back to Adam, she showed him what she learned. Also, people believe that Cain is the outcome of the first shaggin'.
I would really like to know how people come to these kinds of conclusions. It is mind-boggling. I could read that passage a million times and that would never even come to mind.
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
I would really like to know how people come to these kinds of conclusions. It is mind-boggling. I could read that passage a million times and that would never even come to mind.
Matthew 24 & Mark 13
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 10:33 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by four5.0snomore
Matthew 24 & Mark 13
Am I missing something, what do signs of the end times and Jesus' return have to do with Satan and Eve?
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
Am I missing something, what do signs of the end times and Jesus' return have to do with Satan and Eve?
Mark 13:5-6 Jesus said to them: "Watch out that no one deceives you. 6Many will come in my name, claiming, 'I am he,' and will deceive many.

Randy, I was pointing out that in these times there are many deceivers. People who come up with these ludicrous ideas are not a few. Jesus warned us to be on the look out! That's all...
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 11:44 AM
98 SVT Cobra

OK, I was confused for a moment. I see what your talking about now.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 12:11 PM Thread Starter

yeah i heard from a preacher cant remember his name. that certain scenario i have mixed fellings about. but i havent really studied that issue. i mite have to now.
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 02:17 PM
TWIN SPINNER

The Satan Seed Theory.

I studied it now long ago. Too many holes in the theory that can not be filled.

Basically the theory is as stated above. Satan, in an effort to destroy the eventuallity of a Messiah attempted to corrupt the bloodline of man. Same basic idea as the Nephilim. The theory contends that the trees refered to men, because trees are often a personification in scripture. The eating of the forbidden fruit was actually sex with Satan. Cain was the first born son of Satan. Interesting but not working for me.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh
The Satan Seed Theory.

Basically the theory is as stated above. Satan, in an effort to destroy the eventuallity of a Messiah attempted to corrupt the bloodline of man. Same basic idea as the Nephilim. The theory contends that the trees refered to men, because trees are often a personification in scripture. The eating of the forbidden fruit was actually sex with Satan. Cain was the first born son of Satan. Interesting but not working for me.
thats the theory the preacher talked about. like u said it has a few loopholes. ill research this theory.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 06:28 PM
Lifer

After 4,000 years... why is this even a question?
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 07:05 PM
TWIN SPINNER

6000 years.

I'll share my thoughts on the shortcomings of the theory later.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 06:40 AM
Saved by Grace

This really does take some research, but can be backed by scripture. Cain is not listed in Adams geneolgly, therefore not his son. Geneis 3.15 states that God would put ill will or enemy [emeity] between Satan and Eves seed, so this would not happen again. John 8.44 states Satan was a murderer from the beginning, and Cain commited the first murder. Here's another take on it, if Satan did have sex with Eve and the symbolism for the fruit is sex and another meaning of ate [to consume] then Adam had the first homosexual experience. Its a lot easier to think it was an apple right?
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-22-2004, 08:49 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by 72Comet
This really does take some research, but can be backed by scripture. Cain is not listed in Adams geneolgly, therefore not his son. Geneis 3.15 states that God would put ill will or enemy [emeity] between Satan and Eves seed, so this would not happen again. John 8.44 states Satan was a murderer from the beginning, and Cain commited the first murder. Here's another take on it, if Satan did have sex with Eve and the symbolism for the fruit is sex and another meaning of ate [to consume] then Adam had the first homosexual experience. Its a lot easier to think it was an apple right?
If that is not a twist on scripture I dont know what is.

Seth is the only one listed in his geneology because that is the lineage that Jesus came from. Besides, it says:
Quote:
Gen 4:1 And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bore Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
Plain as day that Cain was Adams son.
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-24-2004, 09:58 AM
TWIN SPINNER

And...God said that you may eat the fruit of all the trees in the Garden but you may not eat of the Tree of Life nor the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and Evil. So if we are to believe that the Tree was the personification of Satan and that the fruit is sex, than we must also believe that every tree was a personification of somebady. So Eve was free to have sex with anyone in the Garden but not Satan? Or God? (The Tree of Life)
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 10:26 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh
The Satan Seed Theory.

I agree, I have never heard this theory, and now that I have I totally diagree with the idea of symbolizm. Gods word is Truth, take it for what is says.

"for all have sinned, and fall short of the Glory of God, and are justified freely by His Grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus" Romans 3:23
Sponsored Links
Advertisement