On the topic of aliens from the Back Porch... - DFWstangs Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 03:32 PM
The Big Matt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
On the topic of aliens from the Back Porch...

If life on other planets is found, does that disprove any theories on God?

Because he doesn't mention creating other life in the Bible, does it mean, that if he created everything, you know he created them. Or does it mean that if he never mentions them, then that is significant proof against God?

Would the world go crazy?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 04:16 PM
98 SVT Cobra
 
MoonDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 5,109
I dont think it would disprove anything. Because the bible does not specifically mention a race on other worlds does not mean that they dont exist. And if they do exist then that would just mean that God created them also. But like I said, it is my opinion that there are no other life forms out there.

As far as people seeing aliens, spaceships and being abducted, it is again my opinion that they are nothing more that demonic beings and or fallen angels.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
MoonDog is offline  
post #3 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 04:55 PM
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
I dont think it would disprove anything. Because the bible does not specifically mention a race on other worlds does not mean that they dont exist. And if they do exist then that would just mean that God created them also. But like I said, it is my opinion that there are no other life forms out there.

As far as people seeing aliens, spaceships and being abducted, it is again my opinion that they are nothing more that demonic beings and or fallen angels.
Closed minded people. I respect your belief, but I just hope one day before you die you will see first hand, that in infinite space, there is life somewhere out there. to me it seems easy to believe, infinite space, infinite possibilities. To limit yourself to one planet with life seems ridiculous. I am a believer in Scientific proof over religious theory though.

mikecobra95 is offline  
 
post #4 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 06:16 PM
98 SVT Cobra
 
MoonDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 5,109
Quote:
Originally posted by mikecobra95
Closed minded people. I respect your belief, but I just hope one day before you die you will see first hand, that in infinite space, there is life somewhere out there. to me it seems easy to believe, infinite space, infinite possibilities. To limit yourself to one planet with life seems ridiculous. I am a believer in Scientific proof over religious theory though.
Wait a minute. You say you respect my belief but say I am close minded. Then you go on to say that you are a believer in Scientific proof over religious theory? Would that not make you close minded?

Besides there is not one tiny bit of "scientific proof" of life on other planets so your belief is nothing more than faith. The exact same thing that we as christians get bashed for.

Besides, I never said that there is no life on other planets, it is just my belief that there is not. I do not know for sure, is it possible, yes, is it probable, no.

To borrow a similar quote from you. I respect your belief, but I just hope one day before you die you will see first hand, that in infinite space, there is a God somewhere out there. To me it seems easy to believe, infinite space, infinite possibilities.
MoonDog is offline  
post #5 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-05-2004, 06:41 PM
Eagles>Cowboys
 
mikecobra95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: The Third Eye
Posts: 3,405
Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
Wait a minute. You say you respect my belief but say I am close minded. Then you go on to say that you are a believer in Scientific proof over religious theory? Would that not make you close minded?

Besides there is not one tiny bit of "scientific proof" of life on other planets so your belief is nothing more than faith. The exact same thing that we as christians get bashed for.

Besides, I never said that there is no life on other planets, it is just my belief that there is not. I do not know for sure, is it possible, yes, is it probable, no.

To borrow a similar quote from you. I respect your belief, but I just hope one day before you die you will see first hand, that in infinite space, there is a God somewhere out there. To me it seems easy to believe, infinite space, infinite possibilities.
I have nothing more to say to you, I would never win an argument and we would never see eye to eye. Reading all your posts on here just makes me realize you are the Billy Grahm of all the people I dislike. Just answer me this, if Christianity were so right, wouldn't it be the only religion on the planet, or at least the most followed? Oh wait, it's neither of those. No religion is right, or there would only be one. You have every right to believe what you want, Christians just have to power to be MORE right all the time.
Don't believe anything I say.

mikecobra95 is offline  
post #6 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 06:35 AM
Crash Test Dummy
 
Monsoon X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: never never land
Posts: 21,966
Quote:
Originally posted by mikecobra95
Just answer me this, if Christianity were so right, wouldn't it be the only religion on the planet, or at least the most followed? Oh wait, it's neither of those. No religion is right, or there would only be one. You have every right to believe what you want, Christians just have to power to be MORE right all the time.
Don't believe anything I say.
You assume too much. Popularity doesn't make something correct.

______________________________
I'm just a poor negro
Monsoon X is offline  
post #7 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 07:07 AM
98 SVT Cobra
 
MoonDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 5,109
Quote:
Originally posted by mikecobra95
I have nothing more to say to you, I would never win an argument and we would never see eye to eye. Reading all your posts on here just makes me realize you are the Billy Grahm of all the people I dislike. Just answer me this, if Christianity were so right, wouldn't it be the only religion on the planet, or at least the most followed? Oh wait, it's neither of those. No religion is right, or there would only be one. You have every right to believe what you want, Christians just have to power to be MORE right all the time.
Don't believe anything I say.
Is that what it is all about, winning? I dont care if I win, I just want to be right. And if someone comes along and proves to me that I am wrong then by God I am gonna shake that guys hand and go my merry way. I am just as passionate about what I believe as you are about what you believe. The only difference between me and you, and many others on this board, is that you dislike people who are different than you and do not share your belief system. I on the other hand pray for those who disagree and I dislike or hate no one.

It was once popular to believe that the earth was flat, but we all know what happened once people started to explore. If there was only one religion, such as Christianity, would we not be intolerant of those who differ in belief? OH THE HUMANITY OF IT ALL if we should be intolerant of others and their way of thinking.

Christians get bashed for being intolerant and close-minded all the time. When in reality there are just as many if not more non-believers that are intolerant and close-minded then there are christians.
MoonDog is offline  
post #8 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 07:39 AM
Crash Test Dummy
 
Monsoon X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: never never land
Posts: 21,966
Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
Is that what it is all about, winning? I dont care if I win, I just want to be right. And if someone comes along and proves to me that I am wrong then by God I am gonna shake that guys hand and go my merry way. I am just as passionate about what I believe as you are about what you believe. The only difference between me and you, and many others on this board, is that you dislike people who are different than you and do not share your belief system. I on the other hand pray for those who disagree and I dislike or hate no one.

It was once popular to believe that the earth was flat, but we all know what happened once people started to explore. If there was only one religion, such as Christianity, would we not be intolerant of those who differ in belief? OH THE HUMANITY OF IT ALL if we should be intolerant of others and their way of thinking.

Christians get bashed for being intolerant and close-minded all the time. When in reality there are just as many if not more non-believers that are intolerant and close-minded then there are christians.
Well said Earth'sSatelliteCanine

______________________________
I'm just a poor negro
Monsoon X is offline  
post #9 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 10:05 AM
The Big Matt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
I don't believe in either...

I WIN
post #10 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 11:58 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
 
DarkWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,316
I personally can't believe that, in the approximately 50 billion galaxies we can see (and most likely more beyond our current scope of vision), and even more solar systems within our own galaxy and in other galaxies ... that there's not life somewhere out there.

But no, life on another planet would not disprove God.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
DarkWolf is offline  
post #11 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-06-2004, 01:03 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 421
Quote:
Originally posted by mikecobra95
Just answer me this, if Christianity were so right, wouldn't it be the only religion on the planet, or at least the most followed?
Marketing 101: Take what is working, make it your own and replicate it.

LIFE 101: There is a void to fill in my life, and I will pursue anything to fill it.

This is why there is religion or cults...
four5.0snomore is offline  
post #12 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 05:06 AM
TWIN SPINNER
 
Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At Work
Posts: 3,208
Quote:
Originally posted by mikecobra95
Closed minded people. I respect your belief, but I just hope one day before you die you will see first hand, that in infinite space, there is life somewhere out there. to me it seems easy to believe, infinite space, infinite possibilities. To limit yourself to one planet with life seems ridiculous. I am a believer in Scientific proof over religious theory though.
Space is not infinite. Any cosmologist would agree with this fact.

I do not believe there is any life to be found out there. Why? Because extraterrestrial life hinges on the theory of evolution.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
Josh is offline  
post #13 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 08:05 AM
The Big Matt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by Josh
Why? Because extraterrestrial life hinges on the theory of evolution.
Exactly my point..

Now answer my question...

would it or would it not disprove God???
post #14 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 02:48 PM
TWIN SPINNER
 
Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At Work
Posts: 3,208
Not entirely. Some believe that it is posslible that God created by means of evolution. However, I do not believe at all this was how He created. So in my eyes the presence of extraterrestrial life would indicate that God does not exist.

That being said I do fully believe that there is something going on out there. Contrary to popular belief not every one that experiences an alien abduction is some redneck fool from the sticks. Very credible people have too been taken. There have been thousands of cases. To many to ignore IMO. But do I think these are extraterrestrials? No, at least not in the traditional sence of the word. From another planet? No. Other worldly? Yes. The Bible tells us that in the last day it shall be as in the days of Noah. What was occuring in the "days of Noah"? Fallen Angels were coming to earth in human form and cohabiting with humans. I believe that this is what the Bible was referring to.

So not only do I sound like a kook for believing in the possibility of the alien phenomenon, I look even stranger for thinking they may be demons. Oh well. I might look like a nut, but at least I am screwed to the right bolt.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
Josh is offline  
post #15 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-07-2004, 07:45 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
 
DarkWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,316
Why would extraterrestial life hinge on the theory of evolution any moreso than human life? If God created us ... why couldn't he also have created extraterrestial life?

It really comes down to the question of "why?" ... why would there be 50 billion + galaxies (and those are just the ones we can see), each containing millions if not billions of solar systems ... and only one planet, in one solar system in all the vastness of space contains any form of life?

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
DarkWolf is offline  
post #16 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-10-2004, 07:41 AM
Crash Test Dummy
 
Monsoon X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: never never land
Posts: 21,966
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkWolf
Why would extraterrestial life hinge on the theory of evolution any moreso than human life? If God created us ... why couldn't he also have created extraterrestial life?

It really comes down to the question of "why?" ... why would there be 50 billion + galaxies (and those are just the ones we can see), each containing millions if not billions of solar systems ... and only one planet, in one solar system in all the vastness of space contains any form of life?

Creationism: God made the heavens and put life where He chose to put it. Just because there other galaxies out there does not mean that God chose to populate them. If He did infact choose to do so then, for us a Christians to assume that we should know about it is too big of an assumption. God is not obligated to let us know that. (I do infact do not belive that there are other-worldly being out there. I'm more or less agreeing with Josh and saying that sightings and abductions are related to the spiritual world.)

Evolutionism: Based upon the fact that Evolutionism is built upon the 10 to the 67th : 1, chance of life forming due to time and chance in even ONE galaxy and ONE planet. It is highly stupid and illogical to assume that other galaxies have life in them.

10 to the 67th : 1= Impossible. Or a ZERO probability. Never happens

______________________________
I'm just a poor negro
Monsoon X is offline  
post #17 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 04:16 PM
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,216
Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog


As far as people seeing aliens, spaceships and being abducted, it is again my opinion that they are nothing more that demonic beings and or fallen angels.
i totally agree!!!
dallasstars281 is offline  
post #18 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 12:10 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
 
DarkWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
Creationism: God made the heavens and put life where He chose to put it. Just because there other galaxies out there does not mean that God chose to populate them. If He did infact choose to do so then, for us a Christians to assume that we should know about it is too big of an assumption. God is not obligated to let us know that. (I do infact do not belive that there are other-worldly being out there. I'm more or less agreeing with Josh and saying that sightings and abductions are related to the spiritual world.)

Evolutionism: Based upon the fact that Evolutionism is built upon the 10 to the 67th : 1, chance of life forming due to time and chance in even ONE galaxy and ONE planet. It is highly stupid and illogical to assume that other galaxies have life in them.

10 to the 67th : 1= Impossible. Or a ZERO probability. Never happens
But that still doesn't answer why believing in extraterrestial life would require a belief in evolution

And also the evolution you speak of is Macro-Evolution which Darwin himself also admitted to the unlikelihood of it. However, Micro-Evolution does happen ... more commonly known as Adaptation. We've already been over this subject too many times though

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
DarkWolf is offline  
post #19 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 05:15 AM
TWIN SPINNER
 
Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At Work
Posts: 3,208
When did Darwin ever say that?

You always hear the same statement,"There has to be life out there, billions of galaxies in the universe, each with a billion solar systems, each having dozens of planets." Why do people believe there has to be life out there? Because with a billion billion planets floating in the cosmos there have to be billions that have the ability to support life and out of those billions, millions must have developed living organisims. Somewhere, thousands upon thousands must have evolved farther than us.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
Josh is offline  
post #20 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 07:57 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
 
DarkWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,316
I'm not sure exactly when Darwin said it ... sometime between forming his theory, and his death ... I assumed it was common knowledge that even Darwin himself denounced his evolution theory. I can look that info up for ya though if you want.

I don't think that there has to be life out there, I just can't believe that there's not. Just as it's highly illogical for you to believe that life exists, as that, in your eyes, would disprove God ... it's highly illogical for me to believe that there's not life out there somewhere. I don't see how it would disprove God ... if God created us ... why couldn't he have also created other life out in the universe? It has nothing to do with spontaneous macro-evolution. It's a question of "why make all this other stuff ... for nothing?"

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
DarkWolf is offline  
post #21 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 08:12 AM
TWIN SPINNER
 
Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At Work
Posts: 3,208
The story of Darwin's denouncement is a myth, never happened. It was probably a story that some Christian made up as a means to combat the theory. Besides even if he had it does nothing to undermine the thoery itself.

True, God may have created on another planet but that is a something you'll have to justify. I can't find anything in scripture that would support such a claim.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
Josh is offline  
post #22 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 10:19 AM
reo
Lima Lima Mike Foxtrot
 
reo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Wylie
Posts: 1,174
I have to agree with Josh there. There are a few other things that the Bible mentions that is very interesting, but we wont go into that right now.

Official Adrenaline Donor
1971 Chevy C-10 LWB - 350/350 with some fun parts.
1999 GMC 2500 LWB

"Why do they call this route the 'Widowmaker'?"
"I'm not sure, maybe route 'Oh God we're all going to die' was taken..."
reo is offline  
post #23 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 11:35 AM
Time Served
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In a house
Posts: 255
Even if there is life out there it just makes us that much more special because God chose us to send his son to die for our sins. Whether there is or not we were chosen and we are forgiven.

Larius is offline  
post #24 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 11:22 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
 
DarkWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally posted by Josh
The story of Darwin's denouncement is a myth, never happened. It was probably a story that some Christian made up as a means to combat the theory. Besides even if he had it does nothing to undermine the thoery itself.

True, God may have created on another planet but that is a something you'll have to justify. I can't find anything in scripture that would support such a claim.
Actually, it's a rumor that I've seen from a number of sources, but for the time being I can't find any concrete evidence one way or the other.

It's been said in this forum before (Speedpro50's last post on page 1) that the Bible doesn't explain everything ... but it explains all you need to know. So the abscense of scriptural support for extraterrestial life is an invalid argument.

As far as explaining why there isn't life on other planets, because Jesus would have to have been to each one to offer them salvation ... well, that'd take us back to the old argument about whether or not Jesus is the only way to God/Heaven/Salvation ... let's try to avoid that, eh?

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
DarkWolf is offline  
post #25 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 07:50 AM
TWIN SPINNER
 
Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At Work
Posts: 3,208
He did say that he was the way, the truth, and the life. And that no man comes to the Father but by him. No room for argument there.

The Genesis account, IMO, shows us that God created the Universe specifically for the purpose of communing with man.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
Josh is offline  
post #26 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 12:23 PM
Crash Test Dummy
 
Monsoon X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: never never land
Posts: 21,966
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkWolf

It's been said in this forum before (Speedpro50's last post on page 1) that the Bible doesn't explain everything ... but it explains all you need to know. So the abscense of scriptural support for extraterrestial life is an invalid argument.

I agree with you there. IMO God gave the Bible for us. It's OUR handbook about his His relationship with us. If He chose to make other beings besides humans and angels (which I doubt that he did) then in his consistent Love, they have their own Bible and their own way of salvation.

Jesus isn't the angels savior. He's ours. What I'm saying is, I believe that each creation would have their own dynamics.

______________________________
I'm just a poor negro
Monsoon X is offline  
post #27 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 03:27 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
 
DarkWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,316
Well said, JC

And ... no comment, Josh

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
DarkWolf is offline  
post #28 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-18-2004, 11:55 AM
Crash Test Dummy
 
Monsoon X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: never never land
Posts: 21,966
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkWolf
Well said, JC

I still disagree with you though, on the topic of Evolution and other stuff

______________________________
I'm just a poor negro
Monsoon X is offline  
post #29 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-19-2004, 12:05 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
 
DarkWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
I still disagree with you though, on the topic of Evolution and other stuff
No you don't Unless you've come to believe that micro-evolution, or adaptation doesn't happen ... but we see eye to eye on the macro-evolution thing

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
DarkWolf is offline  
post #30 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 01:11 PM
Live For The Twisties!!!
 
Paul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Somewhere between here and there!!
Posts: 2,457
Well

The bible I believe is merely ment as a set of guidelines with in which to live your life to fullest. To take everything in the book at face value and make it truth is really cheating yourself of the bigger picture. So much content has been lost (due to mistranslation, translator's persective :which is important given the dates of some of the major translations, and some words and phrases just don't move from one language to the next: those require intereptation) through out the many years since it's inseption. Space in itself is hugh! The cosmic time table is long! You have to think about the mind set of poeple at the time this stuff was written and the complexity of the ideas that must be explained to them. You could have had a BIC lighter and probably be considered a God!! It really is concided to think we are it in this vast Universe. People IMO who think that have a real high opinion of yourself and your place in the bigger picture!!
Paul is offline  
post #31 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-21-2004, 07:59 PM
98 SVT Cobra
 
MoonDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 5,109
Re: Well

Quote:
Originally posted by Paul
The bible I believe is merely ment as a set of guidelines with in which to live your life to fullest. To take everything in the book at face value and make it truth is really cheating yourself of the bigger picture. So much content has been lost (due to mistranslation, translator's persective :which is important given the dates of some of the major translations, and some words and phrases just don't move from one language to the next: those require intereptation) through out the many years since it's inseption. Space in itself is hugh! The cosmic time table is long! You have to think about the mind set of poeple at the time this stuff was written and the complexity of the ideas that must be explained to them. You could have had a BIC lighter and probably be considered a God!! It really is concided to think we are it in this vast Universe. People IMO who think that have a real high opinion of yourself and your place in the bigger picture!!
Wow, that was pretty harsh. I have been called many things, but not conceded. First of, I don't know anyone who makes the bible truth, it already is, we dont need to make it so. Second, how does taking the bible at face value and believing everything that it says as being true cheating ourselves? As I recall no one has ever said that all truth is contained within the pages of the bible, just that what is contained in the bible is all true. Third, can you give me an example of some of the content has been lost in the bible? From what I understand we have exactly the same bible now as we did 2500 years ago. You talk about mistranslations, why do you think so many people study from the original languages these days?

BTW, yes, I have a high opinion of myself and my place in the big picture, dont you? Or do you have a low opinion of yourself?
MoonDog is offline  
post #32 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 05:07 PM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
You assume too much. Popularity doesn't make something correct.
LMAO! You got that right!
talisman is offline  
post #33 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-25-2004, 06:41 PM
Foxbody King
 
whiteboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,462
This forum blows ass. There is no god get over it.

2003 cobra DSG
whiteboy is offline  
post #34 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 01:48 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 492
thank you whiteboy... you can reserve your spot in eternal hell and get of this thread....if i need an input like that i would have asked my dog.
venomviper69 is offline  
post #35 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-26-2004, 08:03 AM
v2004 rebooted.
 
talisman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 30,955
Quote:
Originally posted by venomviper69
thank you whiteboy... you can reserve your spot in eternal hell and get of this thread....if i need an input like that i would have asked my dog.
Son of Sam?
talisman is offline  
post #36 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 06:11 PM
Foxbody King
 
whiteboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Posts: 16,462
lol i'm going to hell for a comment on the internet!! woooow is me what shall i ever do???

2003 cobra DSG
whiteboy is offline  
post #37 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 09:51 PM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
 
DarkWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,316
Quote:
Originally posted by whiteboy
lol i'm going to hell for a comment on the internet!! woooow is me what shall i ever do???
Woe?

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
DarkWolf is offline  
post #38 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 10:50 PM
Recovering Lush
 
HookEm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Saginaw, TX
Posts: 10,011
No, but the utter alck of transitiona lspecies, as well as the cheese cloth holes punched in the theory by the fossi lrecord do enuff on their own to put the theory of evolution in the "bunk" file.


Quote:
Originally posted by Josh
The story of Darwin's denouncement is a myth, never happened. It was probably a story that some Christian made up as a means to combat the theory. Besides even if he had it does nothing to undermine the thoery itself.

True, God may have created on another planet but that is a something you'll have to justify. I can't find anything in scripture that would support such a claim.

color=#606060]
Quote:
"The Father-heart of God was... thrilled with me -- an immature, mess-making spiritual infant... My heavenly Father was enjoying me while I was yet in the process of maturing, not sighing in disgust and waiting impatiently until I grew up. He loved and longed for me; He felt proud and was excited over me while I was falling short."
Quote:
Mike Bickle

[



Sober By Grace Ministries: A Ministry of The James 2:26 Project
[size=1]Where New Beginnings Start
www.soberbygrace.org
HookEm is offline  
post #39 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-27-2004, 11:48 PM
TWIN SPINNER
 
Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At Work
Posts: 3,208
Quote:
Originally posted by HookEm
No, but the utter alck of transitiona lspecies, as well as the cheese cloth holes punched in the theory by the fossi lrecord do enuff on their own to put the theory of evolution in the "bunk" file.
Agreed. It is a fatal mistake to argue on conjecture. Argue the facts only.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
Josh is offline  
post #40 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 09:28 AM
The Big Matt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally posted by Josh
Agreed. It is a fatal mistake to argue on conjecture. Argue the facts only.
When you are arguing religion, you can't argue facts, other than there is a book. That's all the fact you have.
post #41 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-28-2004, 01:20 PM
TWIN SPINNER
 
Josh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: At Work
Posts: 3,208
PAAALEASE.

Yes it is a book. A History book full of claims that when measured against the evedince become....FACT.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link

Last edited by Josh; 05-28-2004 at 01:22 PM.
Josh is offline  
post #42 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-29-2004, 08:55 AM
98 SVT Cobra
 
MoonDog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Central IL
Posts: 5,109
Quote:
Originally posted by The Big Matt
When you are arguing religion, you can't argue facts, other than there is a book. That's all the fact you have.
There were things that were written in the OT concerning Jesus (atleast 500 years before His birth). Hundreds of prophecies that latter became fact. No other "book" in history can make that claim.

The Jews have always used the OT as a history book and Flavius Josephus, a first century Jewish historian, wrote "Antiquities of the Jews" and "War of the Jews", both history books. Antiquities of the Jews is almost like reading the bible, nearly every story that is in the bible that pertains to the history of the Jewish people is in his book. So the bible is also a book of fact as well as a book of faith.

Last edited by MoonDog; 05-29-2004 at 09:02 AM.
MoonDog is offline  
post #43 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-29-2004, 01:22 PM
Boost is Good
 
The Punisher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: With Weapons of Mass Instruction
Posts: 3,135
Quote:
Originally posted by The Big Matt
When you are arguing religion, you can't argue facts, other than there is a book. That's all the fact you have.
argueing macro-evolution is argueing with out facts
The Punisher is offline  
post #44 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-30-2004, 07:52 PM
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 41
Well, this is what I think about life on other planets. Yes, there is life on other planets and Yes there is more than 1 almighty God.

Here's why. God states "Thou shall not worship any other god before me. I am a jeolous god."

Why would god say any OTHER god and why would he be jeolous of gods that don't exist?

Kinda like "The last temptation of Christ" when Satan offered Jesus all the governments of the world for an act of worship before him. It was tempting to Jesus because it was true. If it wasn't true, there wouldn't be anything to be tempted about.

So......God would not be jeolous of any "other" gods if they did not exist, right? That's how I see it and a major reason why I respect other religions, including the one that the "radical" Muslums worship.
MAURICIO is offline  
post #45 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 09:36 AM
Wolverines!!!
 
SlowLX's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: 1st Civ Div
Posts: 9,261
Isn't there a verse in Gen that gives insight towards aliens, or another form of life?
SlowLX is offline  
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old 05-31-2004, 09:40 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Quote:
Originally posted by MAURICIO
Well, this is what I think about life on other planets. Yes, there is life on other planets and Yes there is more than 1 almighty God.

Here's why. God states "Thou shall not worship any other god before me. I am a jeolous god."

Why would god say any OTHER god and why would he be jeolous of gods that don't exist?

Kinda like "The last temptation of Christ" when Satan offered Jesus all the governments of the world for an act of worship before him. It was tempting to Jesus because it was true. If it wasn't true, there wouldn't be anything to be tempted about.

So......God would not be jeolous of any "other" gods if they did not exist, right? That's how I see it and a major reason why I respect other religions, including the one that the "radical" Muslums worship.
He also states that he is the only god. What he means by other gods is anything. People worship anything from man-made gods, to cars, TV, etc...

He is The One God.
Denny is offline  
post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-01-2004, 05:29 AM
You lookin' at mah EYE?!
 
DarkWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,316
Or people worshiping angels as gods.

DarkWolf
Graphic Design / Photography / Web Design
DarkWolf is offline  
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 06:51 AM
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
He also states that he is the only god. What he means by other gods is anything. People worship anything from man-made gods, to cars, TV, etc...

He is The One God.
So what do you think about all this? Do you believe that the universe was created entirely for the purpose of mans existance?

I think that man's feeble little mind is incapeable of realizing his own existance's purpose. For example, if man was able to talk to ants you may ask him about a tree he is climbing "Do you think that the tree you are climbing is alive?" The ant would most likely reply,"No, of course not." Ask him "Why not" and he would say, "Because I have seen this tree all of my life and it has never moved or behaved or grown since I can remember. My father and his father say the same thing, so there is no way it is alive."

The ant is limited not only by his resources but his intelligence to find out the truth.

Now you look at human beings and how minute they are compared to the entire universe. We are less than an ant compared to a tree. We are less than a grain of sand compared to all the oceans of the earth. In the vastness of the entire universe and time, our existance is a billionth of a blink of an eye.
To think that we could figure out the meaning, and origin of our own existance is like the ant figureing out that the tree is actually alive.

I think that GOD is most people's best "guess" of our existance. What are true meaning is, I have no idea and I don't think that I will know until I die, then again maybe not even then.

I believe in God because I like what the bible stands for. I try to live my life by it's teachings and would love to believe that everything in it is true but I have serious doubts because it was written by man "supposeably" with God's help. Who knows?
MAURICIO is offline  
post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 09:27 AM
Out
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 41,952
Not at all. I have no knowledge of life outside of our planet, so I won't confirm or deny when I don't know, (unlike some people in the "War on Terror" Forum). But I do know if something does exsist, it too was created by God. See, God is the only topic I can speak of without having to have "proof." My faith in the Lord is so strong, that no matter what you said would change my belief.
Denny is offline  
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old 06-02-2004, 11:06 AM
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 41
Quote:
Originally posted by Denny
Not at all. I have no knowledge of life outside of our planet, so I won't confirm or deny when I don't know, (unlike some people in the "War on Terror" Forum). But I do know if something does exsist, it too was created by God. See, God is the only topic I can speak of without having to have "proof." My faith in the Lord is so strong, that no matter what you said would change my belief.
Like I said, I truely hope that there is a God that is loving and all that BUT, to say that I will not change my mind no matter what anyone tells me is (in my opinion) closed minded.

Haven't you ever wondered if you are wrong? Not saying that you are, I hope you are right, but think about how many other things in your life that you were so sure of and were wrong.

I see nothing wrong in having faith but never stop questioning.
You know, every great idea, realization or movement was discovered by people that did NOT think like everyone else. In other words, great things have been discovered because those individuals who were able to see things in another perspective, view or (thinking outside the box) refused to accept somwething because others said it was so.
If people stop questioning (even GOD) they never advance or discover truth. I'm not saying that GOD is not true but keep questioning. If he is the truth, he will always disprove any thoughts you may have against him. Besides, he made you with a will of your own, not as a mindless robot or worker-bee that was made to serve. That's my take on that.
MAURICIO is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the DFWstangs Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome