supernatural experiences - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 01:18 AM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

supernatural experiences

last week, i think i had one. i told my friend about what i felt the night i went to bed. i read the sinners prayer twice....

"Oh God, I am a sinner. I am sorry for my sin, and I need your forgiveness. I am willing to change my way of living, and turn away from my sins, but I need your help. I am too weak to do it on my own. With your help I commit myself to you today. I believe that You sent your only Son to die on the cross for my sins. Come and be my Lord, be my Master, be my Savior. I need you, Lord. I now invite You to come into my heart and life, and I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I open my heart to you and surrender my life to you. I want to trust and follow You as Lord and Savior.
In Jesus' name, Amen."

...and then went to bed, prayed and in the middle of my prayer, i felt "weird," but in a good way, it felt really good actually, its hard to describe though. my friend told me that i probably had a "spritual high" and this "high" only lasted about 10-15 seconds.

so having said that, anybody have similar or different "experience" that can only be explained by the supernatural?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 01:36 AM
not exclude

I fell and hit my head once, I saw purple stars...

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 06:10 AM
[]D[][]\/[][]D

Quote:
Originally posted by exlude
I fell and hit my head once, I saw purple stars...

I ate a few small squares of paper one time and saw alot more supernatural things than some purple stars!

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 06:30 AM
Saved by Grace

I perfer to call these spiritual experiences. Alot of people have had them, I had one a few years ago that was really powerfull. Jesus said I'm going to the Father and the great comforter will come, meaning the Holy Spirit. Thats what you felt, it was the Holy Spiriit entering in you. Isn't that what you prayed for? The feeling does only last a few seconds but, you'll never be the same again. Sounds like the war is over. I'm happy for you.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 11:25 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue88Coupe
I ate a few small squares of paper one time and saw alot more supernatural things than some purple stars!
Been there, done that, wont do it again.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 12:01 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally posted by 72Comet
Isn't that what you prayed for? The feeling does only last a few seconds but, you'll never be the same again. Sounds like the war is over. I'm happy for you.
yeah, i did pray for that but i didn't notice anyone talking to me, it was just an overwhelming sensation i felt.

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 06:28 PM
Saved by Grace

For some people its just a feeiling. for others spiritual experiences are more of the educational variety. Its really in the seeking and open mindedness that counts.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 06:33 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue88Coupe
lol....the chemical experience.

Chuck
2001 Black Bullitt (For Sale)
2009 Black JK Unlimited X, M6, 35's
www.imboc.com
Rob (Tweakd) Memorial 3/13/05
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 06:46 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by 72Comet
The feeling does only last a few seconds but, you'll never be the same again.
Says who? I know people personally who have experienced this "high" for an hour and sometimes more. At first it may only last for a few seconds but the more and more you enter into Gods presence the feeling can last longer and longer.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
Says who? I know people personally who have experienced this "high" for an hour and sometimes more. At first it may only last for a few seconds but the more and more you enter into Gods presence the feeling can last longer and longer.
i'm not going to lie, but i'd do almost anything to experience the "high" for an hour

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 10:34 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by x_redhotcobra_x
i'm not going to lie, but i'd do almost anything to experience the "high" for an hour
Get a Vibrator....

1993 Mustang LE LX - Street Strip(project)
2000 Lightning - Street Strip

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 10:53 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally posted by N2Otorious
Get a Vibrator....
lol

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 03:20 AM
TWIN SPINNER

That's awesome. You've made the very most important decision you could ever make. I am very happy for you.

BTW, Aside from a great sence of relief I never really felt anything during my Salvation experience. The burden of sin being lifted was enough for me. I mention that because it is not necessary that a person "feels" something. Too much importance is often given to feelings.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-20-2004, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Josh
That's awesome. You've made the very most important decision you could ever make. I am very happy for you.

BTW, Aside from a great sence of relief I never really felt anything during my Salvation experience. The burden of sin being lifted was enough for me. I mention that because it is not necessary that a person "feels" something. Too much importance is often given to feelings.
Well put!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement