Savior verses Lord - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 06:38 AM Thread Starter
Saved by Grace

Savior verses Lord

I sat down on Sat. wiith my spiritual advisor, to talk about whats going on in my life. Problems, my plans ect. and he made a comment that it sounded like I've made Jesus my savior but not my Lord. It keeps going over in my head what does that mean and how do I make the needed changes. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 07:26 AM

Re: Savior verses Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by 72Comet
I sat down on Sat. wiith my spiritual advisor, to talk about whats going on in my life. Problems, my plans ect. and he made a comment that it sounded like I've made Jesus my savior but not my Lord. It keeps going over in my head what does that mean and how do I make the needed changes. Any thoughts?
This is the picture of an average believer. Most believe the power of God is able to save, but then we quit there. There is sanctification, holiness, powerful praying, service to others, ministry, daily time with God, repentance, fellowship, and so on. It is like you give God enough room to save you from hell, but then re-take the reigns of your life and live the way you wanna live. Pretty typical in America today, but God desires for you to be different and not average. He promises abundant life and rest in Him, but only if we will submit to his authority and will, surrender our lives and carry our cross, and sacrifice. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to show you what you look like to God, read Isaiah 6 (he was a "holy" man, but see what he saw in himself in God's presence), humble yourself and be open and willing to hear from God, repent and settle any "hidden" sin in your life, set aside a half a day or a day to pray, possibly fast, and seek the will of God, and through all of this believe that God will change you.

I hope this helps!

Lee
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 09:54 AM
Small Fry

Re: Re: Savior verses Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by four5.0snomore
This is the picture of an average believer. Most believe the power of God is able to save, but then we quit there. There is sanctification, holiness, powerful praying, service to others, ministry, daily time with God, repentance, fellowship, and so on. It is like you give God enough room to save you from hell, but then re-take the reigns of your life and live the way you wanna live. Pretty typical in America today, but God desires for you to be different and not average. He promises abundant life and rest in Him, but only if we will submit to his authority and will, surrender our lives and carry our cross, and sacrifice. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to show you what you look like to God, read Isaiah 6 (he was a "holy" man, but see what he saw in himself in God's presence), humble yourself and be open and willing to hear from God, repent and settle any "hidden" sin in your life, set aside a half a day or a day to pray, possibly fast, and seek the will of God, and through all of this believe that God will change you.

I hope this helps!

Lee
Excellent answer! That was my exact situation up until a few months ago. I would let Jesus be my savior, but that was about all that I would let him do. Since I realized that, I've been doing my best to make him my Lord. It's not always easy, but I believe it will be well worth it in the end.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 06:46 AM Thread Starter
Saved by Grace

Thanks guys. I didn't do too good again yesterday. Going to try again today.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 08:05 AM

Quote:
It is a life long battle - keep the faith!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 09:42 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Re: Re: Savior verses Lord

Quote:
Originally posted by four5.0snomore

I hope this helps!

Lee
Yup. that's pretty much it.

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 10:08 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
I used to wrestle in high school and for a short time while I was in the Marine Corps. We had particular gear that we had to wear, singlet, shoes, head gear, sometimes an angle band telling whose side we were on. When I first started as a freshman, I had never wrestled before so I didn't start off very well. In fact, I lost my first 8 matches. I was pretty dejected. I thought about quiting, but with the help of my teammates I continued on. When I finally did win everyone, freshmen on up to seniors came out and congratulated me. And that sparked something, I went on to win another 12 out of 18. Altough I finished the season with a losing record I felt like a winner because I finished and didn't quit. I learned from the matches that I both lost and won. I eventually went on to win several tournaments and qualified for state a couple of times. And everytime I had my teammates there to cheer me on. When you feel dejected or feel like giving up, because at some point we all feel like whats the use, remember that you have other guys out there and on these boards that are cheering you on ready to give you that extra boost of energy to finish. Gods team is full of winners.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 04:27 PM

Quote:
thats all u can do is try and try again, because no one is perfect. the 1st few months of being a new believer is really tough, just remember phil. 4:13!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement