Have you seen what in the Pic Post - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Have you seen what in the Pic Post

Have you seen the movie in the picture post, titled The passion?
How sick is this....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Hero in a half shell

i saw it, quite the mockery of jesus if you ask me

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 07:28 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 08:28 PM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally posted by TexasDevilDog
The action figure movie: I thought it was humorous. I didn't feel insulted.
Really, I can't imagine that. How degrading and belittling of our Lord. An action figure, who you poke in the side with a spear etc....Made my stomach turn.
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 09:59 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
Originally posted by SVT93Style
Really, I can't imagine that. How degrading and belittling of our Lord. An action figure, who you poke in the side with a spear etc....Made my stomach turn.
I thought for a while before I posted my first remark and I almost didn't make it. I was worried that I might trod upon someone else's feelings. Later, I thought that it would stir, perhaps, an intellictual discussion. I don't mean to be brash or crude.

Humor is something great we have. It gives us breaks from monotony, highens our cheer and relieves our sorrow.

"Joking about Religion" sermon

"Joking about Sin, Heaven, Hell, Grace" sermon

Can jokes be make by people that are intented to inflict pain? Yes.

Was this one make with such inclination to cause pain? I don't think so. It was a joke.

As for your reply about being degrading and belittling, I don't agree. There is nothing that I saw that makes me think any less of Jesus.

Last edited by TexasDevilDog; 04-13-2004 at 10:07 PM.
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 11:06 PM
98 SVT Cobra

I kinda agree with you, Richard. Although I thought that the "joke" was in bad taste I cant say that it really offended me and there were parts that I found somewhat funny.

The thing is, we have to expect stuff like that from the world. If whoever posted that on the web was a christian and other christians were offended by it then yes, I could see the problem and he could be judged for that since we are not to offend our brothers. I personally try not to be to offended by what others do or say, but I will get offended by a christian if they do or say something that goes against the Word.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 11:21 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Speaking of jokes, my pastor told this one this past Sunday, hopfully I can remember it:

A couple lived next door to a rather nasty bitter old lady who owned a rabbit that she kept in a cage in the back yard. This couple owned a rottweiler themselves.

One day as the woman dog owner was doing her dishes she noticed that her dog had something in his mouth that he was yanking around. When she went out to investigate she realized that it was the rabbit from next door. She was horrified! She quickly looked over the fence to see if the old lady was in sight but saw noone. She didn't really want to go over and tell her what happened because she was afraid that they may have to put their dog to sleep. So she went in the house to the sink and gently washed off all the blood and blow dried the hair. Later that evening she snuck over into the old ladies yard and quietly placed the rabbit in the cage.

A couple of days later as the couple was in the back yard barbecuing the old lady peaked over the fence and asked to talk with them. When they got over to the fence the old lady asked them if they had see anything strange going on? The woman said No they hadn't. The old lady then says, "Well, I think there has been some very strange things going on in the neighborhood lately, almost evil! Two weeks ago my rabbit died and I buried it in my back yard next to the fence and two days ago I found it back it its cage!
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 09:57 AM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
Speaking of jokes, my pastor told this one this past Sunday, hopfully I can remember it:

A couple lived next door to a rather nasty bitter old lady who owned a rabbit that she kept in a cage in the back yard. This couple owned a rottweiler themselves.

One day as the woman dog owner was doing her dishes she noticed that her dog had something in his mouth that he was yanking around. When she went out to investigate she realized that it was the rabbit from next door. She was horrified! She quickly looked over the fence to see if the old lady was in sight but saw noone. She didn't really want to go over and tell her what happened because she was afraid that they may have to put their dog to sleep. So she went in the house to the sink and gently washed off all the blood and blow dried the hair. Later that evening she snuck over into the old ladies yard and quietly placed the rabbit in the cage.

A couple of days later as the couple was in the back yard barbecuing the old lady peaked over the fence and asked to talk with them. When they got over to the fence the old lady asked them if they had see anything strange going on? The woman said No they hadn't. The old lady then says, "Well, I think there has been some very strange things going on in the neighborhood lately, almost evil! Two weeks ago my rabbit died and I buried it in my back yard next to the fence and two days ago I found it back it its cage!
LOL, yea I heard that one a while back, just different characters though in the story/joke

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Time Served

Quote:
Originally posted by TexasDevilDog
I thought for a while before I posted my first remark and I almost didn't make it. I was worried that I might trod upon someone else's feelings. Later, I thought that it would stir, perhaps, an intellictual discussion. I don't mean to be brash or crude.

Humor is something great we have. It gives us breaks from monotony, highens our cheer and relieves our sorrow.

"Joking about Religion" sermon

"Joking about Sin, Heaven, Hell, Grace" sermon

I dont think you are brash or crude...I think laughter and jokes are a great form of release. But if there is one thing in my mind that shouldn't be joked about it is the crucifiction of Christ, Lets say GOD watched that movie, what do you think he would have to say about it? The weight of an insult is dependent upon the postion of the one insulted, just remember that.

As for your reply about being degrading and belittling, I don't agree. There is nothing that I saw that makes me think any less of Jesus.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 12:56 PM
Foxbody King

lol

2003 cobra DSG
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 06:37 AM
Saved by Grace

I personally didn't care for it, I don't think demening what Jesus did for us, is in any way is funny. And I got a twisted sense of humor. I wonder if the company that makes the action figures is owned by Jews? Humm
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 09:36 AM
not exclude

Quote:
Originally posted by 72Comet
I personally didn't care for it, I don't think demening what Jesus did for us, is in any way is funny. And I got a twisted sense of humor. I wonder if the company that makes the action figures is owned by Jews? Humm
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2004, 01:44 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Man, you cant say that. Its more likely a non-believer that someone who is Jewish.
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 03:11 AM
Ide fuck her in the ass..

i thought it was funny...

WTB: At&T phone... pm me what ya got...

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2004, 06:52 AM
Saved by Grace

Thanks Prez, just making a joke. No offense intended.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-01-2004, 06:46 PM
Saint's heart sinner skin

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
that's from a movie... i just can't remember what movie it is at the moment.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 06:31 AM

Quote:
I wonder if the company that makes the action figures is owned by Jews? Humm
prolly is
Sponsored Links
Advertisement