hey guys ... i have one more question. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

hey guys ... i have one more question.

This is the only thing that is holding me somewhat back from jumping full force into accepting God into my life. this is what im thinking....

I hear how everyone says that God is so great and everything and how everyone thanks him for everything that they do. Then when something bad happends in your life it is the devils fault. If you do something that you earn and do it yourself i dont see how you should thank god? but then when something bad happends or something terrible like a bad misfourtune it is the devils doing? that seems to make god invincable and that of course nothing can ever be wrong with god because it is always on the devil? also how can God explain the people that are suffering that follow jesus and yet are still suffering and barely living? i dont see how he can let this happen? i am trying to gather my thoughts but let me know what you think and we can discuss this. thanks guys.

ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 06:45 PM
98 SVT Cobra

You bring up a very good but difficult question. One that you may not get a good enough answer to.
This is kinda long but read this and see if it helps any.

http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/ds/q0106/q0106.html
and
http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/rtb/4rsn/

I would also like to add that I dont believe in blaming everything bad that happens on the devil. If something happens bad to me it is probably because I did something stupid or I have something in my life that I have to personally deal with.

Randy

Last edited by MoonDog; 04-11-2004 at 06:49 PM.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 03:46 AM
Saved by Grace

I understand your delemia. I was the same way, except when bad things happened I blamed God for being a slacker. I had alot of questions that I wanted anwsers for and it's taken years of study and talking and listening. I found the bible does have all the anwsers, but I didn't get the anwsers and then seek God, I sought God then they are revelled. I suggest read Luke ch. 17 verse 11-19. Jesus told the ten lepers, when they ask for his mercy to go show themsevles to the preist. Understand when they started walking they where still lepers, somewhere along they way they where changed. Remember faith has to start somewhere, why not at the beginning.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 05:28 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by 72Comet
I understand your delemia. I was the same way, except when bad things happened I blamed God for being a slacker. I had alot of questions that I wanted anwsers for and it's taken years of study and talking and listening. I found the bible does have all the anwsers, but I didn't get the anwsers and then seek God, I sought God then they are revelled. I suggest read Luke ch. 17 verse 11-19. Jesus told the ten lepers, when they ask for his mercy to go show themsevles to the preist. Understand when they started walking they where still lepers, somewhere along they way they where changed. Remember faith has to start somewhere, why not at the beginning.
Great stroy man! There is something pretty amazing about this as well. Most people probably look right past it when reading. Leprosy is an immune reaction to a bacteria that causes nerve inflammation and nerve loss, usually leading to bruising and ulcers, leaving wide open the door to secondary infections, gangrene, paralysis, deformation and loss of limbs.

Jesus tells these 10 men/women "Go show yourselves unto the priests." It goes on to say that "as they went, they were cleansed." This is the first cool part, these lepers didn't even make it to the priests yet and they were made clean, because of their faith!

Next, one of the lepers realized that he was made clean and immediately turned back to thank Jesus. Jesus in response said "Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole." This one person, because of his great faith was not merely made clean, he got any deformity or lost limbs back also!

Last edited by MoonDog; 04-12-2004 at 05:32 AM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 09:42 AM

Re: hey guys ... i have one more question.

Quote:
Originally posted by venomviper69
This is the only thing that is holding me somewhat back from jumping full force into accepting God into my life. this is what im thinking....

I hear how everyone says that God is so great and everything and how everyone thanks him for everything that they do. Then when something bad happends in your life it is the devils fault. If you do something that you earn and do it yourself i dont see how you should thank god? but then when something bad happends or something terrible like a bad misfourtune it is the devils doing? that seems to make god invincable and that of course nothing can ever be wrong with god because it is always on the devil? also how can God explain the people that are suffering that follow jesus and yet are still suffering and barely living? i dont see how he can let this happen? i am trying to gather my thoughts but let me know what you think and we can discuss this. thanks guys.

ryan
Important Truths:

1. I am my own worst enemy!

2. Regardless of my mistakes or circumstances, I am to give thanks to God for everything.

3. If I am truly following Jesus I will suffer, I will be persecuted, I will have hard times, BUT Christ said I'd be blessed and that I still should give thanks!

4. God is perfect!

5. Believe the gospel is the requirement for salvation. Receive the gift of eternal life. Then God will show you answers to the questions you have!

Lee
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 10:18 AM Thread Starter

thanks guys for the help. I understand alot better. thanks again.

ryan
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 10:22 AM
Boost is Good

out of all suffering and pain in life. God builds character in the one who believes and is faithfull. My Grandma almost suffered for 10 years with cancer before she went to heaven but she understood that Christ was looking out for her best interest. And in all that pain in suffering she still trusted the Lord, and passed away at the beginning of this year. Yet her example she set in her life being observed has been a life changing expierence for me and my family, and I think of her everyday and appreciate everyday I had with her and think I would be a completly different person if it wasnt for her. Cant wait till I see her again!

Stand by or fight while Obama wages his war against capitalism...
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 10:30 AM
Never settle always excel

Re: hey guys ... i have one more question.

Quote:
Originally posted by venomviper69

ryan
I was told as a child when I asked this question that God pu us on earth with the free will to live. He gave us the right to choose to live how we wished. I am not totally sure about how the holy spirit or devine intervention works. We can accept him and be promised a great life at the end of our current life or live life however we wish with the posibility of buring forever in a lake of fire.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement