whos been saved? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

whos been saved?

just curious. i'd like to here anyones story about being saved. when and how did you know you were save? did you feel different during the process of being saved? who helped you get saved?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 11:41 AM
98 SVT Cobra

I was at a youth camp back in August of '78, the summer before high school. They had an alter call one afternoon and I just felt led to go up. The problem was that once school started some of the kids that were at the camp that I thought I had made friends with kinda pushed me off to the side like I was nobody. So I ended up getting right back into the same old song and dance of drinking and drugs.

Flash forward to February 1991...After serveral months separated from my wife of 6 years and children, because of my own stupidity, I called her and told her I wanted to get back together and give it a shot. She said she would but I would have to start going back to church. To make a long story short, we got back together, found a good bible believing church, I rededicated my life and have been volunteering at our church in one way or another for the past 9 years.

I could give the long version but I would have to write a book telling about how I ended up in Houston in a one bedroom apt. with so-called fiends with no job and stealing food just to make it from day to day. All this while I was still married and my family was up here trying to make it. I was a real winner.
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Small Fry

Well I was originally saved when I was a kid. I was baptized as a baby, and accepted Jesus as my Lord and savior (of my own accord, my parents didn't ask me too) when I as about 9 or 10. During high school I was always a good kid, (I didn't steal drink, skip school, basically all the stuff most of the people I knew did) but I wasn't really letting Christ lead my life. I believed in him still. but I was trying ot control my life. A few months ago a friend of mine started going through some trouble that was testing her faith. As I tried to help her I realized that I needed to change my life more toward walking with Christ and not just doing my own thing. So I basically rededicated my life to Him also and have been doing my best to grow in my faith and not just believe in Jesus, but live my Life for Him.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-11-2004, 11:17 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

i think the question i meant to ask was "how do you know if you are saved?"

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 05:47 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by x_redhotcobra_x
AH! Romans 10:9-10 says: "That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in thine heart, thou shalt be saved. For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."
I John 1:9 says: "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us of our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness."

Basicly, faith. Eph 2:8 says that we are saved by grace through faith. A person has faith that he is saved because God says that it is a gift to those who believe.

Also, Mat 7:15-20 says that there are some who claim that they are saved but in reality they are not. You will know these people not by what they say but by what they do and how they treat others. The beatitudes in Matt 5 is a good place to start.

Last edited by MoonDog; 04-12-2004 at 05:50 AM.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 09:36 AM

Quote:
The best answer I know for this question is quoted in one of the greates chapters in the New Testament.

Romans 8:14-17 ...because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs--heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

This is how I know, because I know Jesus and am known by Him!

Lee
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 04-12-2004, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

thx for the replies

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 05-11-2004, 04:14 PM

Quote:
you just know, and also you have the peace of God in your life!!!!
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 08:34 PM
Time Served

I was saved at VBS when I was about 9 or 10. I "rededicated" myslef when I was 13 at Acquire the Fire. I was an excellent kid my freshman and sophmore year but my junior summer I went downihill. Now I am 19 and just rededicate myself again,..... Im trying to turn my life around and be a presentable witness others who dont believe. I quit the drinking and weed,....its really the dipping that is killing me,....and cussing. Id appreciate the prayers that I would also desire a deaper relationship with God,.....well Ive rambeled long enough,....... Thanks
Daniel
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-07-2004, 10:32 PM
Time Served

Quote:
Of course there is everybodys fav scripture, John 3 16. and also one of my fav, John 14 6 . where Christ says " I am the Way , the Truth, and the Life, nobody goes to the Father, except through Me. You have to make a choice to except Christ as Lord and Savior in your life, know that He died on the Cross for your sins, and rose from the dead and now sits on the right hand of God, making intercession for us. It says in the new testament , that anybody that denies the Resurection, is not a Believer in Christ.

"for all have sinned, and fall short of the Glory of God, and are justified freely by His Grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus" Romans 3:23
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 08:16 AM
P1

i was baptized(sp?) when i was 15....but i was really saved last august when i finally accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 09:05 PM
Time Served

I know it is in the book of Mark, i think chapter 4. You should get baptized as soon as possible after you accept Christ. This is a commandment. It shows your decision to the public.

"for all have sinned, and fall short of the Glory of God, and are justified freely by His Grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus" Romans 3:23
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-08-2004, 11:58 PM
Time Served

Wow,....now that I think about it I havent even been baptized yet,...I think my parents reasoning is that I was too young and they wanted to make sure that I fully understood what I had just commited to. By the time I think I did realize my families church broke up,................ Do you usually have to be a member of a church to be baptized there?
Daniel
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-09-2004, 07:23 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by FROgSToMp38
Wow,....now that I think about it I havent even been baptized yet,...I think my parents reasoning is that I was too young and they wanted to make sure that I fully understood what I had just commited to. By the time I think I did realize my families church broke up,................ Do you usually have to be a member of a church to be baptized there?
Daniel
It usually depends on the type of church. I know that most Baptist churches require you to be baptized in order for you to become a member. At my church (interdenominational) they have baptizms once a month to both members and non-members. I would say that as a general rule you do not need to be a member of a church to be baptized.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
It usually depends on the type of church. I know that most Baptist churches require you to be baptized in order for you to become a member. At my church (interdenominational) they have baptizms once a month to both members and non-members. I would say that as a general rule you do not need to be a member of a church to be baptized.
just a side note for Daniel,

Baptism is very important as it is the 1st act of obedience to God! **ALSO** extremely important - you need to be a part (a member) of a healthy church so you can continue to grow in your relationship with Christ! Go for it...

Lee
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 09:29 AM
Time Served

Ya,..... Ive been visiting a friends church for a while. I like it but it is hard for me to catch something false being taught. Im still young so everything the pastor or assistant pastor preeches sounds good. I cant stand on my own two feet as a christian. I dont know,..... Im trying
Daniel
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-10-2004, 02:58 PM
Time Served

You dont have to be a member to be baptized at Fellowship Church in Grapevine(the one I am a member of). It is a great place to start out and meet some awesome Christian people. Go to fellowshipchurch.com and check it out. God Bless.

Quote:
Originally posted by FROgSToMp38
Ya,..... Ive been visiting a friends church for a while. I like it but it is hard for me to catch something false being taught. Im still young so everything the pastor or assistant pastor preeches sounds good. I cant stand on my own two feet as a christian. I dont know,..... Im trying
Daniel

post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 11:48 AM
Time Served

87 stang,...I like big churches but that is huge!,.... Im looking for something a little smaller but thanks for the invite,...
Daniel
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-11-2004, 01:54 PM
P1

1st family church in Dallas/Garland....its on Garland Rd. just west of Jupiter
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-15-2004, 01:23 AM
TWIN SPINNER

<===saved

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement