within the next 10 years - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

within the next 10 years

my friend has indicated that something "big" will happen withing the next 10 years. i dont know where or what he's getting this from, but if i can remember correctly, he was talking about how the prophesies that have happened in the bible occured on specific dates. ex: the prophesy of a messiah (jesus christ) and there is suppose to be another one that is suppose to happen soon. anybody hear about this future event that is suppose to take place? if so, could somebody fill me in on the details.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 08:30 PM
Lifer

I've known folks who live their life "knowing" when things such as this will occur. When they have been wrong, they "recalculate" and move on. I really don't get it. I have not found in the Bible the instructions for doing these calculations. I really believe these folks are missing the point.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Unseen
I've known folks who live their life "knowing" when things such as this will occur. When they have been wrong, they "recalculate" and move on. I really don't get it. I have not found in the Bible the instructions for doing these calculations. I really believe these folks are missing the point.
Well put! People are wasting their time and disobeying Christ by setting dates and naming deadlines. Silly isn't it?

I do believe we are in the last days and I would not be surprised if we are in the last of the last days. After all, I am expecting Christ to return any moment now!

Looking Up!

Lee

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-06-2004, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Hero in a half shell

Quote:
Originally posted by four5.0snomore
Well put! People are wasting their time and disobeying Christ by setting dates and naming deadlines. Silly isn't it?

I do believe we are in the last days and I would not be surprised if we are in the last of the last days. After all, I am expecting Christ to return any moment now!

Looking Up!

Lee
what makes you think we are in the last days? not trying to debate, just curious.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 07:54 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Re: within the next 10 years

Quote:
Originally posted by x_redhotcobra_x
my friend has indicated that something "big" will happen withing the next 10 years. i dont know where or what he's getting this from, but if i can remember correctly, he was talking about how the prophesies that have happened in the bible occured on specific dates. ex: the prophesy of a messiah (jesus christ) and there is suppose to be another one that is suppose to happen soon. anybody hear about this future event that is suppose to take place? if so, could somebody fill me in on the details.
I think many people, even christians, are getting it from the Mayan calendar that says the world will end on December 21st, 2012 AD. What a crock. The bible does not state anywhere about a time or date for the final battle and subsequent return of Jesus Christ.

True, God does use specific dates often throughout scripture, i.e. Jesus dieing during Passover. Was this just a coincidence or did God actually plan it this way, I choose the latter. But Jesus said that no man knows the time or the hour of His return, so to put a time frame on it would just be foolish.

The Jahovahs Witnesses used to put dates to His return quite often until they were wrong so many times that they decided to stop. The last time He was supposed to return, I believe, was back in 1975.

If someone says something is going to happen because they believe that God told them so and it doesn't happen, doesn't that make them a false prophet? I would be careful in making statements about what may or may not happen when affixing a date or time frame to it.

And to answer your other question:

Quote:
Luk 17:26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so shall it be also in the days of the Son of man.
Luk 17:27 They did eat, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark, and the flood came, and destroyed them all.
Luk 17:28 Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded;
Luk 17:29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all.
Luk 17:30 Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

2Pe 2:5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;
2Pe 2:6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an example unto those that after should live ungodly;
2Pe 2:7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked:
We are living in a time when people think that it is cool to be unrighteousness, ungodly, wicked, living for yourself instead of others and following after your own lusts. Just like in the days of Noah and Lot. That is why many, including myself, believe the end is near. Does that mean it is? Not at all, but the signs sure do point in that direction.

Last edited by MoonDog; 04-07-2004 at 07:57 AM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Lifer

10 years is a long time, anything can happen. Something unexpected like 9/11 or a natural disaster can happen.
And also on the other question
2 Tim. 3:1-7 pretty much describes the situation of the world today. Sure these things have always happened, but lately, they are everyday news

94 Triple black GT auto w/shift kit, 3:55 gears and pulleys
Trolls Needed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement