DFW Mustang Forums banner

lust

704 views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Pro Trash 
#1 ·
i've been thinking a lot, coming up with questions that need answers after seeing "The Passion... yeah, i'm a confused 20 year old, i'm sure many of you have been in my shoes. anyways, is lusting for another person or yourself considered a sin? why or why not? :confused:

#2 ·
I think you already know the answer to that question. Most men struggle with this at one time or another.

My pastor had said a few weeks ago that to look at another woman and think you yourself that she is good looking is one thing, but to look at her in a way that your jaw drops to the ground and you start drooling and your eyes bug out is something completely different.
Mat 5:27 Ye have heard that it was said by them of old time, Thou shalt not commit adultery:
Mat 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

#3 ·
MoonDog said:
I think you already know the answer to that question.
heh, yeah i did, but i guess what i was getting at is since i screwed up once with one experience i had when i was 18, (something i normally dont like to talk about) i was hoping for an "alternative" to having intercores. know what i mean?:(

#4 ·
We all have screwed up at one time or another. I was far from perfect, heck I still am far from perfect.

#6 · (Edited)
slo95.0 said:
most men? all men, and id say most women as well, though they arent proud to admit it unlike men, except when having a "girl talk" with another female
Well, I wouldn't say all men. Although the percentage is most likely very high, I know a few men who have never had a problem with it. But they will also tell you that it hasn't/wasn't easy.

I know a guy who is 24 in Arizona who has never kissed a girl, he doesn't even like to hold hands. May sound a little gay, but the truth is, he doesn't want to put himself in a position of temptation until he is married. I gotta give him credit for that.

#9 ·
Re: Re: lust

David Z28 said:
Or yourself? :confused: Are you asking if spanking your monkey is a sin?
HAHA! I didn't address that. I assume that there is sometype of lust during the spanking. ;)

#14 · (Edited)
What my preacher says about lust is this. If you look at a women and lust for her it is no different then comitting the actually sin of the sexual experience. But understand you can look at a women and be like wow she's hot and not burn for lust in your heart for her...just keep it respectable. And as far as masterbation goes that is a form of fornication....there are parts in the bible that talk about "spilling your seed" But you must understand, no one was right in the eyes of God, and that is the beauty of the cross. We have all demeened God in many ways, a major one is by thinking that our ways are better then his, sex before marriage, homosexuality, all kinds of acts we do, and in our mind our way is better than his...wrong. We are all worthy of hell and we will all burn in hell, thats right all burn. Unless, we can find someone that doesn't "owe", but we all "owe" So the WORD became flesh and dwelled among us, he was arrested in the middle of the night, the irony being according to Jewish Law you couldn't try a man at night, he endured several trials and at each was beated horrifically, they pulled the beared from his face and hit him and said prohecy who hit you, they shoved thorns in his brow and gave him a staff and said Hail king of the Jews and took the staff and beat him with it. They ripped the flesh from his body then drove nails through his hands and feat, they heckled him as he hung naked on his cross, alone. So were is the beauty in this you ask, why does it please God to bruise the son? The beauty lies in Christ submission to his fathers will, in the Garden a fight breaks out, Peter pulls out the sword and swipes a mans ear off....Christ stops the fight and willing submits....this was not forced upon him! He was overwhelingly inoccent of the slaughter he endured...for me and you! There by absorbing, not cancelling out but absorbing his Father Wrath...Through Christ is our salvation, not because you drank beer, not becuase of a 1000 moral failings, but b/c you and I have Deemed the name of GOD and this ways the only way we could be "right" in GOD's eyes...his only son slaughtered for us.

When you think about this...nothing is worth denying it.

Sorry went off on a Tanget>>>>

#15 ·
x_redhotcobra_x said:
heh, yeah i did, but i guess what i was getting at is since i screwed up once with one experience i had when i was 18, (something i normally dont like to talk about) i was hoping for an "alternative" to having intercores. know what i mean?:(
The path heaven is filled with both Saints and Sinners, quote from a good Brookes and Dunn song, makes perfect sense.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.