Lets talk about MASONS - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 10:56 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Lets talk about MASONS

I am just wondering if any of you can give me information about Masons. i have a good friend that was a mason and he was really really high in the degrees not exactly sure of the number but up there. i am just wondering if any of you have a place to get info or if any of you know alot about them. lets just have a discussion about them.

Kyle

I'm defending my home with a martial art: Klik-Pau

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 12:22 PM
The Big Matt

First rule of Masons

You don't talk about Fight Club
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 01:23 PM

There was a book written by John Weldon describing just 5 of the ways in which Freemasonry is occultic.

1. Freemasonry supports the new age idea the man houses within himself unlimited power that can be unlocked using specific procedures.

2. Freemasonry utilizes many symbols which and espouse the philosophy which bear a stricking resemblance to many other cults such as Kabbalism, Rosicrucianism, and hemetic philosophy.

3. Freemasonry encourages its members to discover the "deeper" significance lying beneath its symbols and ceremonies.

4. Freemasonry promotes the development of altered states of consciousness, and excercise rooted in mysticism.

5. A number of Masons view their organization as one that will be the vehicle that will lead the world into an age of occultic enlightenment.

Many masons are unaware of these things due to the fact that many haven't a desire to advance beyond the initial rank.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-29-2004, 01:44 PM
IA2

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/show...ghlight=masons

JC used to be a mason and posts some interesting info on masonry vs. Christianity in this thread.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 09:20 AM
Never settle always excel

If you wanna know about the Masons why not join?
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 11:38 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by Pro Trash
I like to learn about other world religions, does that mean I have to join everyone of them instead of asking someone who has been there?

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-02-2004, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
I like to learn about other world religions, does that mean I have to join everyone of them instead of asking someone who has been there?
Nope but you were the one that said you wanted to learn more about them. I was pointed out the obvious fast track.
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-03-2004, 12:09 AM
None

I know JC (Monsoon X) used to be a Mason at one point but became uncomfortable with some things that were taught/believed.

https://www.dfwstangs.net/forums/show...ighlight=mason

I see it as a Fraternity rather than a religon, but the religous teachings are what define it...hard to say, but I can say it doesn't interest me.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-03-2004, 06:36 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Nope but you were the one that said you wanted to learn more about them. I was pointed out the obvious fast track.
Well by your logic, if I was a crime scene investigator and I wanted to learn more about how the mind of a serial killer worked I need to go out and murder a dozen people while hitchhiking down I35.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-03-2004, 09:32 AM
Wolverines!!!

Quote:
Well by your logic, if I was a crime scene investigator and I wanted to learn more about how the mind of a serial killer worked I need to go out and murder a dozen people while hitchhiking down I35.
Screw 35 go down another highway like 2
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 07:05 PM
Jetting the Fogger

Quote:
My grandfather was a mason and from what I understand you cant join...you have to be brought in. I never knew he was a Mason till he died and we found a Mason ring in one of his drawers with a ledger. His family didn't even know, he was a good man.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SlowLX
Screw 35 go down another highway like 2
Your logic is a little warped in that sense. To compare wanting to join a logical society within our communites versus acting homocidal tendencies pretty much tells me your train of though has left the tracks.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2004, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Blacksunshine 357
My grandfather was a mason and from what I understand you cant join...you have to be brought in. I never knew he was a Mason till he died and we found a Mason ring in one of his drawers with a ledger. His family didn't even know, he was a good man.
Good point, I do believe I left out that important detail. I believe alot of our Grandfathers were Masons, both of mine were. I've just never been interested, so I only know a little but that was from what I picked up by listening to members who my friends when I was in the Army.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 04:37 AM
Crash Test Dummy

I've PM'ed thiscat2000 about my involvement and what I think about the society.

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 07:57 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
when I was in the Army.
OK, I understand now.

Disclaimer:
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 10:09 AM

Quote:
OK, I understand now.
I am not sure what you understand, but to be frank it can not be a whole lot. My service to this country in the Army in no way makes me a more or less intelligent person. So if your putting me down for being an infantryman and then a tanker in the Army then your also putting down, Colin Powell, Audie Murphy, George S. Patton Jr. and a host of other very intelligent persons whom have served in our Nation in the US Army. I might add that West Point an Army facility is one of the finest educational institutions in the world. So please oblige me by following this simple rule. It is far better to be quite and let others assume your a moron than it is to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-05-2004, 03:30 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
I am not sure what you understand, but to be frank it can not be a whole lot.
<-------Marine

Understand now?

Disclaimer:
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-13-2004, 05:47 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
<-------Marine

Understand now?
Jarhead

<-----ARMY

post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 10:11 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
Jarhead

<-----ARMY
Let me see, this is an Army mascot. Whats it a picture of??

post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-14-2004, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Let me see, this is an Army mascot. Whats it a picture of??

Unlike you I refuse to make fun of a branch i.e the Marine Corps in general because I have friends in all branches that are equally good men and women. I can ;however, make fun of you very easily. Lets start with your birthyear 64 that makes you forty and aren't you a little old to be getting excited about the Army mascot now be honest that is one of your ex-girlfriends you tossed your favorite bed spread on right before you humped her.
Shame on you I should report you to the humane society for making that poor donkey laugh so hard it had a hernia after looking at that bald spot you call a penis.
Go back to drinking your beer and watching your favorite TV show Queer eye for the Straight guy.
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 06:39 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Unlike you I refuse to make fun of a branch i.e the Marine Corps in general because I have friends in all branches that are equally good men and women. I can ;however, make fun of you very easily. Lets start with your birthyear 64 that makes you forty and aren't you a little old to be getting excited about the Army mascot now be honest that is one of your ex-girlfriends you tossed your favorite bed spread on right before you humped her.
Shame on you I should report you to the humane society for making that poor donkey laugh so hard it had a hernia after looking at that bald spot you call a penis.
Go back to drinking your beer and watching your favorite TV show Queer eye for the Straight guy.
CRAP, I've been figured out by the newbie.

JC knows I am joking around just like he is. You on the other hand is the reason the Army has a jackass for a moscot.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 07:30 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
CRAP, I've been figured out by the newbie.

JC knows I am joking around just like he is. You on the other hand is the reason the Army has a jackass for a moscot.

LOL

post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 09:01 AM

It's all good Moon Puppy I don't take it personal either; however, I do know that mascot is not spelled moscot, LMAO.

What do Marines call helicopters?
uh uh uh uh uh uh u huh
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 09:19 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
It's all good Moon Puppy I don't take it personal either; however, I do know that mascot is not spelled moscot, LMAO.

What do Marines call helicopters?
uh uh uh uh uh uh u huh
BOOSTED is the only one around here that can call me that and get away with it. Got it Trailer Trash?

Besides, I am well aware of how you spell mascot. Its called a typo, you will notice that I spelled it right the first time.

Last edited by MoonDog; 04-15-2004 at 11:28 AM.
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-15-2004, 10:20 PM

Quote:
BOOSTED is the only one around here that can call me that and get away with it. Got it Trailer Trash?

Besides, I am well aware of how you spell mascot. Its called a typo, you will notice that I spelled it right the first time.
Well you know if you were a female you could be refered to as Moon Bitch. You know bitch being a female dog and all.. Also I don't qualify as Trailer Trash I live on an acre with a pool and an 800 square foot work shop. Pro Trash is my car, well it used to be pretty much an ugly car now it is quite the automobile. You have a good night there, Moon Chow
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-12-2004, 06:37 AM

their beliefs are really out there, just talk to one and you'll see.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement