Just another prayer thread. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
Golf anyone?

Unhappy Just another prayer thread.

I know nobody really knows me, but I do request some assistance in the prayer issue. My brother has fallen deep into depression and drugs. So bad he's quiting a good job, abandoned the car my dad gave him and decided to be homeless. Literally. He's going to hitchhike to California to live in an condemned, abandoned house that one of his drugee friends knows about.

Prayers from family and friends have helped but he's virtually brainwashed right now and isn't seeing things clearly. To top it all off, there's a very good chance he may have contracted HIV. I only tell you this because it's caused him to think he has nothing left to live for.

My family and I are scared he may try to do something stupid or pull a Nicolas Cage in "Leaving Las Vegas" with drugs. He's very confused about his beliefs and even thinks he has "jedi mind powers" (words from his mouth) and he can project himself into others minds. Weird stuff. There's more but I won't bore you with the gruesome details.

My entire family would appreciate any prayers that could be said to protect and keep him safe on his journey to find himself. Maybe even come back to us happy. His name is Glenn and he'll be 21 on may 22. Still a young'un.

Also, if anyone has had any experience dealing with something like this and has a suggestion, that would be great. Or even if you haven't had experience. We've tried just about everything short of turning him in to the police.

Thanks so much.
Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2004, 05:00 PM
you cant see me

been there losing a brother.

you will be in the prayers
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 05:44 AM
Saved by Grace

Prayers sent. Has he left yet?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 11:33 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Unhappy

I know the heartache of finding out that a family member may be HIV positive. I have a younger brother who lives an immoral lifestyle and is HIV positive. Most of what we say or do falls on deaf ears, unless he is in trouble and needs help.

My only advice is to continue to pray for him and let him know that he is loved no matter of what he says and does. It is also important to let him know that there is a God who loves him regardless of his condition and He is waiting with open arms for his return. God did not do this to him, his lifestye that he has embraced did this to him and he needs to realize that.

I will keep him and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Golf anyone?

Thanks for your thoughts...He left on weds and, as far as I know, is on his way. One thing that may catch him later, he had a 16 year old girl with him that I think was planning on going with him.

And you're right moondog. He only calls when he needs something. Unfortunately, he never remembers the times that he's been helped in the past. He's very ungrateful and expects that we should just help him. I've made it clear to him that I won't help him until he straightens up. I think tough love is the best policy right now but my parents keep babying him.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Along for the ride

as sad as it is, reporting him to the cops and getting him in jail might be the best thing for him. should help clear up his head and hopefully help him to see the need for Christ in his life.

marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Punk Ass Newbie

That's a sad story. My brother little followed a similar path. Jail was what straightened him out. 3 years on a Brazoria farm woke his ass up.

On the bright side, he's been out for a few years now, worked at the same place for 4 year now, is married, has a kid and a house. Hell, I think he is more well adjusted than I am now.

Chuck
2001 Black Bullitt (For Sale)
2009 Black JK Unlimited X, M6, 35's
www.imboc.com
Rob (Tweakd) Memorial 3/13/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement