The End Times are near - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Thread Kill

The End Times are near

Ok, this is just a scenario I came up with in my head laying around the other night and I thought I would share to see what you kids think.

There's all this talk about 2012 being the end of the world these days, I even had a pastor that's a family friend say he thought 2012 would be a significant year having to do with tribulation and all that bad stuff, and this was 5 or 6 years ago.
So anyway, 2012, tribulation is suppose to be 7 years long if my memory serves me, and what happens 7 years before 2012? In my scenario that God awful liberal freak somehow beats Gdubya( assuming GW himself isn't the anti christ) and manages to BS all our worlds governments into some sort of peace and then in 7 years all hell breaks lose and we all die, well all except those that wont take "the sign of the beast" whatever that may be. Pretty far fetched I know but there's no telling.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 05:23 PM
Foxbody King

watch out chiken little the sky is falling

just like y2k its all crap!

2003 cobra DSG
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 05:36 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Hmmm... the Mayan calendar ends in 2012...

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 12:54 AM
Small Fry

Re: The End Times are near

Quote:
Originally posted by 99SVTour
Ok, this is just a scenario I came up with in my head laying around the other night and I thought I would share to see what you kids think.

There's all this talk about 2012 being the end of the world these days, I even had a pastor that's a family friend say he thought 2012 would be a significant year having to do with tribulation and all that bad stuff, and this was 5 or 6 years ago.
So anyway, 2012, tribulation is suppose to be 7 years long if my memory serves me, and what happens 7 years before 2012? In my scenario that God awful liberal freak somehow beats Gdubya( assuming GW himself isn't the anti christ) and manages to BS all our worlds governments into some sort of peace and then in 7 years all hell breaks lose and we all die, well all except those that wont take "the sign of the beast" whatever that may be. Pretty far fetched I know but there's no telling.
We've been talking about the end times in this thread if you want to check it out. We haven't touched on much right before the trib stuff, (I actually haven't written back in there for a bit, I plan to get back to it) but we will. I personally think it could come about in my lifetime, however all generations have thought that. But we have more reason to believe than any generation before us. And I do think that some liberal President could play a part in falling in line with a peace covenant. But I'm not sure if he wil be a US President. But another thing we can count on is that date setters will always be wrong. " No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father."

Last edited by breadfan35; 03-23-2004 at 01:15 AM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 08:17 AM

Thanks Breadfan...

My recommendation is that if you want to think about or discuss the endless possibilities of the end times, the antichrist, the tribulation, etc. that is good and can be fun - BUT, do not set dates as no one knows. If someone says they know, stop listening right then and there.

GW is not the antichrist though as the antichrist will VERY closely resemble Jesus Christ as the Jews will see him as such...He will be a Jew himself, and likely not a prominent figure until the time has come.

My 2 cents...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement