would you feel stupid. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 06:00 PM Thread Starter
Foxbody King

would you feel stupid.

if there isnt really a god!

you devoted your whole life to a lie/story

how many wars have been fought over differnt religons?

how many jewish people died cause there different?

just cause i dont belive in god means i'll go to hell if there really is one? lol

might as well have witch trials again.

how many sick preist have molested children?

who belives that praying to get well from a sickness works?
and rether pray then to take medicane to get well

how many tailivangest (sp) took old peoples $ that had faiths money socal security money at that to better there selfs?

look at these dumb who blow themselfs up in the name of ali
to kill americans and jews and anone else

when you die you die just like any other animal on earth

get over it. this whole furom flame on

Last edited by Monsoon X; 03-22-2004 at 02:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 07:03 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Wont you feel stupid when you find out that there really is a God?

Look at it this way Jeremy, if there is no God what have we lost? Nothing, we all have lived good lives or the best we can. But what if we are right, what have you lost? You live like you know for a fact that there is no God, but what if you are wrong and we are right, we are not the ones saying that you will go to hell for your non-belief, God is the one that said it. We know that not everyone is going to believe, but at least have an open mind and entertain the fact that there at least might be one out there somewhere. Instead of coming in here and bashing us for what be believe.

Whether you believe it or not, there are many of us on here that pray for you and others on this board.
post #3 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-21-2004, 09:25 PM Thread Starter
Foxbody King

dont need or want someone to pray for me i dont need it!!

2003 cobra DSG

post #4 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 12:34 AM
Time Served

Sure you don't

God bless

For Sale: 93 GT Vert, Vibrant Red
$6995obo
loaded 72,000 miles
3.27"
fms pullies
flowmaster exhaust
K&n fipk
fms wires
13 deg timing
mobil 1 syn.

post #5 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:38 AM
in memory of "lil' Roy"

Quote:
Originally posted by whiteboy
dont need or want someone to pray for me i dont need it!!
you do now!!!

winner of 5 out of 9 at the 2007 spring cruise!
winner of 2 out of 4 at Redline 7/21/07
winner of 4 out of 5 at the 10/21/07 fall cruise!
2009 spring cruise- won 1 out of 2 races!!!!!!
2010 spring cruise- 4 wins 2 losses but only raced 1 guy on my list and as usual couldn't find the others!!!!

RIP Roy Sebastion Fraga "lil' Roy" born december 7th 2010 gone back to heaven december 7th 2010 you will always be in our hearts and thoughts my special little grandson.
post #6 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 09:54 AM

WOW,

Jeremy is obviously interested somewhat or he would not have taken the time to post. Quite a lot of anger in that heart of yours Jeremy. I wonder why you down Hitler for his hatred of Jews, or people killing in the name of Ali (lol-that is a funny spelling error), when you so freely portray your hatred of of those that believe in God. Seems quite childish...how old are you? Hopefully prior to Chirst's return or your death (as we will all I die) you will open your heart to the amazing life saving power of Jesus Christ. It can happen you know!

Paul, was a hater of the Christians at one point too...

"Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is LORD OF ALL" He said it, I accept it, You don't, But it doesn't make it any less true...
post #7 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 11:19 AM
The Big Matt

Quote:
Originally posted by four5.0snomore

"Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is LORD OF ALL" He said it, I accept it, You don't, But it doesn't make it any less true...
No one knows for sure if anyone really said it. It was written though. You believe it, I don't, but it doesn't make it any more true either...
post #8 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 12:06 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by four5.0snomore
Hopefully prior to Chirst's return or your death (as we will all I die) you will open your heart to the amazing life saving power of Jesus Christ. It can happen you know!

Paul, was a hater of the Christians at one point too...

Really, look at guys like Alice Cooper, Dave Mustaine (Megadeth), they were once scoffers like you Jeremy and they now know what true life is all about.
Quote:
Originally posted by The Big Matt
No one knows for sure if anyone really said it. It was written though. You believe it, I don't, but it doesn't make it any more true either...
Once again, if your right there is nothing lost on my end. But on the flip side of that.....
post #9 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 12:26 PM
The Big Matt

I'm not wrong though. I'm not questioning if there is a god or not. I know there isn't. There is no "if you are right", I am. When we die, we die. We become worm food. And the afterlife, is nothing more than the way we are remembered by those who loved us or we affected in some way while we were alive. Nothing more.

No heaven, no hell, no purgatory...

just rotting corpses in a box 6 ft underground
post #10 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 12:31 PM Thread Starter
Foxbody King

I 100% agree. WITH MATT

2003 cobra DSG
post #11 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 12:47 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
I'm not wrong though. I'm not questioning if there is a god or not. I know there isn't. There is no "if you are right", I am. When we die, we die. We become worm food. And the afterlife, is nothing more than the way we are remembered by those who loved us or we affected in some way while we were alive. Nothing more.

No heaven, no hell, no purgatory...

just rotting corpses in a box 6 ft underground
You must be pretty stinking smart then. How high is your IQ, around 250? 300? Einstien even believed there was a God, you must make him look like an idiot.

Can I have your autograph?

Where do you keep your space ship you use to travel to the farthest reaches of space? I know you must have one since you must have traveled pretty far to know for a fact that there is no God. Can I borrow it sometime?
post #12 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 12:51 PM
The Big Matt

Then where is your proof? A book written by the hands of men?

Good choice of proof.

It's actually in the mid 200s

Thanks.

I have just as much proof as you do, but you are making fun of me for my beliefs. Christians I tell ya.
post #13 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Then where is your proof? A book written by the hands of men?

Good choice of proof.

It's actually in the mid 200s

Thanks.

I have just as much proof as you do, but you are making fun of me for my beliefs. Christians I tell ya.
Matt and Jeremy,

Hmmmm...who is making fun of who?

My proof is in my relationship with Jesus Christ - he changed my life!

Children of disobedience, I tell ya!
post #14 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:17 PM
The Big Matt

I wasn't talking about you.

I was talking about moondog questioning my intelligence, and asking for my autograph, and wondering where my space ship is.

It's funny. I don't have a doubt in my mind. There is no "if". I don't believe in a god because of fear of afterlife. I choose to not believe, because I know there isn't one.

I have faith, faith in the fact that there is no god
post #15 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:27 PM
Bitter Italian

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
You must be pretty stinking smart then. How high is your IQ, around 250? 300? Einstien even believed there was a God, you must make him look like an idiot.

Can I have your autograph?

Where do you keep your space ship you use to travel to the farthest reaches of space? I know you must have one since you must have traveled pretty far to know for a fact that there is no God. Can I borrow it sometime?
At no point did he ever attack you personally but like a typical Christian who has no proof of any thing you start to attack him personally. I hope your god is happy with you. I think instead of praying for whiteboy you should take a look at yourself!
post #16 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by white02gt
At no point did he ever attack you personally but like a typical Christian who has no proof of any thing you start to attack him personally. I hope your god is happy with you. I think instead of praying for whiteboy you should take a look at yourself!
You guys are to funny...I guess a more mature debate would be a better option. You say I am right and I know I am right and give no explanation as to why...let's talk about it w/o being irrational.
post #17 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:45 PM
The Big Matt

ok, here is why... I have faith. That's all i need right? That's all you need, right?

There is no physical proof of a higher being. There is no real proof that anything mentioned in the bible, happened. There are things that could not have possibly happened.

There is my proof.
post #18 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:51 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
Einstein didn't believe in God as written by religion. He was a situational jew (parents were Jewish) who did not practice.

His only religious view was that all religions were incorrect. He used the term "God" to describe his idea of what was behind the universe that he had yet to figure out.
post #19 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
Foxbody King

hell i could kill you and then go to church and all my sin's will be forgiven RIGHT? lol

2003 cobra DSG
post #20 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 01:59 PM

Quote:
ok, here is why... I have faith. That's all i need right? That's all you need, right?

There is no physical proof of a higher being. There is no real proof that anything mentioned in the bible, happened. There are things that could not have possibly happened.

There is my proof.
I did not ask you to discount or try to disprove what I believe but rather explain how you go about not believing in any God, not just mine...

What is physical proof, shall we talk about Jesus?

Do you deny much of history being inline with the Bible?

What could possible not have happened?
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 02:01 PM

Quote:
hell i could kill you and then go to church and all my sin's will be forgiven RIGHT? lol
Sounds right to me...of course you would have repent! you would have to believe Jesus Christ atoned for your sine you would have to believe that you were in need of a saviour you would have to humble yourself

not just go to church, silly!
post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 02:13 PM
TWIN SPINNER

I hate to tell you this, but there is plenty of proof in a higher power as well as real credibility to the authenticness of the Bible. And just because you choose not to believe or ignore Him does not discredit the fact that He does exist. Your knowledge or belief in/of Him is not required for his existence.

I can tell you this most assuredly though, one day every knee will bow to Jesus Christ, everyone.
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Foxbody King

I dont think so

2003 cobra DSG
post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 08:46 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by white02gt
By saying that he was very smart and that I wanted his autograph I was attacking him? OK, should I say that he stupid mindless fool with a brain the size of a pea? I tell you, some people are never satisfied no matter what you say.
Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
Einstein didn't believe in God as written by religion. He was a situational jew (parents were Jewish) who did not practice.

His only religious view was that all religions were incorrect. He used the term "God" to describe his idea of what was behind the universe that he had yet to figure out.
He believed in a conscious, powerful, intelligent, good Being who manifests His greatness within His creation. Whether he believed this to be a personal God in the normal Judeo-Christian tradition is not known and I never said that he did. I merely stated a fact that he believed in God.
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 09:56 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:

He believed in a conscious, powerful, intelligent, good Being who manifests His greatness within His creation. Whether he believed this to be a personal God in the normal Judeo-Christian tradition is not known and I never said that he did. I merely stated a fact that he believed in God.
Not even close.
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 10:10 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

"My position concerning God is that of an agnostic. I am convinced that a vivid consciousness of the primary importance of moral principles for the betterment and ennoblement of life does not need the idea of a law-giver, especially a law-giver who works on the basis of reward and punishment. "

- Albert Einstein
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-22-2004, 10:35 PM
98 SVT Cobra

"Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe - a spirit vastly superior to that of man."

- Albert Einstein

I can find one for every one you can.
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 12:13 AM
Time Served

This is an amusing thread lol. I gotta say I believe in God and if you don't want to fine thats your choice. But don't bash people who do. I'm not gonna sit here and "preach" to you guys. But why don't you go find out what religion is all about, because I seriously doubt that any of you have a clue who are bashing it. All you do is show your ignorance talking about something you have not a clue of.

$6995obo
loaded 72,000 miles
3.27"
fms pullies
flowmaster exhaust
K&n fipk
fms wires
13 deg timing
mobil 1 syn.

post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 12:22 AM
TWIN SPINNER

Quote:
I dont think so
I know so. There is way too much at stake just to just think so. Don't you think?
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 01:04 AM
Time Served

Heck ya there is!! I believe in heaven and hell. I wanna be with my family and friends when I'm gone.

$6995obo
loaded 72,000 miles
3.27"
fms pullies
flowmaster exhaust
K&n fipk
fms wires
13 deg timing
mobil 1 syn.

post #31 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 05:38 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
"Everyone who is seriously involved in the pursuit of science becomes convinced that a spirit is manifest in the laws of the Universe - a spirit vastly superior to that of man."

- Albert Einstein

I can find one for every one you can.
MoonDog, there you are with your rolling eyes again. Wow, you are cool.

If you would have actually READ the books you quote from, you would realize that Einstein believed in a FORCE, which, could be considered more like "mother nature", not as a Juedo-Christian God.

post #32 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 06:37 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
MoonDog, there you are with your rolling eyes again. Wow, you are cool.

If you would have actually READ the books you quote from, you would realize that Einstein believed in a FORCE, which, could be considered more like "mother nature", not as a Juedo-Christian God.
I was going to comment on this but it probably would have just turned into a shouting match so I am just going to keep my mouth shut instead of siting here trying to prove how intelligent I am.
post #33 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 06:39 AM
TWIN SPINNER

You know who cares whether or not Einstien did or did not believe in a literal God. There are plenty of intelligent people that do.

Read this article it may help you understand what 01WhiteCobra
is getting at.
Click

Then read this one. An article about a book the guy in the first article wrote. His name is Frank J. Tippler. He is a very respected physicist and cosmologist at Tulane University.

Clcik

Last edited by Josh; 03-23-2004 at 06:43 AM.
post #34 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 07:20 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
I was going to comment on this but it probably would have just turned into a shouting match so I am just going to keep my mouth shut instead of siting here trying to prove how intelligent I am.
Actually you would prove how ignorant you are of Einstein's thoughts regarding God and religion.
post #35 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 07:25 AM
98 SVT Cobra

My 16 year old daughter always feels she has to get the last word in also.

Do you always feel that you have to proof how smart you are by proving people wrong? Kinda childish isn't it? I would think that at 40 you would have learned better.
post #36 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 08:47 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
My 16 year old daughter always feels she has to get the last word in also.

Do you always feel that you have to proof how smart you are by proving people wrong? Kinda childish isn't it? I would think that at 40 you would have learned better.
Actually, you were the one that brought up the subject. I was correcting your misinformation.

I would assume at your age, if you carried a wrong thought, you would want to be corrected.

I see you would just rather run through life spouting wrong information and staying ignorant.
post #37 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 09:27 AM
98 SVT Cobra

I did not give out incorrect or ignorant information. I stated the fact that Einstein believed in the existance of God. I did not say that he believed in a personal God that is portrayed in religion. Nor did I say that he believed in the Christian God. You assumed that that is what I meant.
post #38 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 09:40 AM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Quote:
I did not give out incorrect or ignorant information. I stated the fact that Einstein believed in the existance of God. I did not say that he believed in a personal God that is portrayed in religion. Nor did I say that he believed in the Christian God. You assumed that that is what I meant.
Try to rationalize it anyway you want.

You were trying to make a point that Einstein believed in God, not a set of laws, not some cosmic force. But, God in the judeo-christian way of interpretting God.

The concept of a personal God was considered naive to Einstein. To Einstein God was neither king, savior or father. He also believe the foundation of morality should not depend on myth or tied to ANY authority. He thought behavior should be based on education, society and love of man, no religious basis whatsoever. No some guiding force.

He didn't believe in miracles. If they were possible, then knowledge of the truth was impossible. He believed in the laws that have guided the evolution in the universe. Not one being, but a certain set of laws.
post #39 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 09:44 AM

i dont know why everyone pushes "there is a god" or "there isn't a god" either way- we still go to the same place when we die- and SOME of us like to hope we will see our loved ones that we lost. some of us would like to make up lost time with our family members that we couldn't be with in life- i think we all eventually come back- and we stay with our families- maybe not us- as in , our bodies- but i think souls stay attached forever. we continually watch out for our family and the ones we care for the most. whether we realize it or not.

anyways, thats my view on it.
post #40 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 09:50 AM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally posted by 85_blazer0928
either way- we still go to the same place when we die- .
I'd ask for proof but i know you couldnt give it, so you might want to throw a IMO in there
post #41 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 11:07 AM
$$$

I am so blown away with all this. As a christian we are supposed to love everyone and wittness to those who do not. I have read this whole thing and man. How would anyone not a christian want to even consider listening to the word when all you have done is tell them how dumb they are for not believing. Not one of you said come and listen and I will tell you.

Proof you want proof JESUS CHRIST that is your proof. He died and rose in three days, that is proof enough and is REAL proof.

Watch "The passion of the christ". That is as close acounting of what happened as you can visually get. Just also remember that that happened for you. You (being all of us) did that to him.

just my two cents

post #42 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 11:29 AM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally posted by LadyD
I am so blown away with all this. As a christian we are supposed to love everyone and wittness to those who do not. I have read this whole thing and man. How would anyone not a christian want to even consider listening to the word when all you have done is tell them how dumb they are for not believing. Not one of you said come and listen and I will tell you.

Proof you want proof JESUS CHRIST that is your proof. He died and rose in three days, that is proof enough and is REAL proof.

Watch "The passion of the christ". That is as close acounting of what happened as you can visually get. Just also remember that that happened for you. You (being all of us) did that to him.

just my two cents

Agreed!
post #43 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by 85_blazer0928
i dont know why everyone pushes "there is a god" or "there isn't a god" either way- we still go to the same place when we die- and SOME of us like to hope we will see our loved ones that we lost. some of us would like to make up lost time with our family members that we couldn't be with in life- i think we all eventually come back- and we stay with our families- maybe not us- as in , our bodies- but i think souls stay attached forever. we continually watch out for our family and the ones we care for the most. whether we realize it or not.

anyways, thats my view on it.
Where is this place that we will all go?

What Higher power established this?

What is a soul?

Where did you develop your opinions?

Thanks and I look forward to your response. I would love to chat in further detail, but would like more info first.

Lee
post #44 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 04:43 PM
Thread Kill

How in the heck would it be possible to feel stupid about believing in an afterlife with God if there isn't one ?
Think about it, you wont know until you die, and if there isn't an afterlife then you cant possibly feel stupid, nor could you feel anything else.
post #45 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 05:22 PM
$$$

the bible is an accounting of what people saw in those days. would that many people get togther and write these storiesand put them in a book if it were not true? Would it still be around today? you really have to think.

You should sit down and read some of the stories in the bible I think you might enjoy them.

would you really have started this thread or replied to it if you were not interested or wanted someone to tell you about the word.
post #46 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-23-2004, 06:35 PM Thread Starter
Foxbody King

i have read the bible. i went to summer church school for a few years.

2003 cobra DSG
post #47 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 12:47 AM
Time Served

Maybe you should re read it since your an adult now and not a kid.

$6995obo
loaded 72,000 miles
3.27"
fms pullies
flowmaster exhaust
K&n fipk
fms wires
13 deg timing
mobil 1 syn.

post #48 of 48 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 99SVTour
How in the heck would it be possible to feel stupid about believing in an afterlife with God if there isn't one ?
Think about it, you wont know until you die, and if there isn't an afterlife then you cant possibly feel stupid, nor could you feel anything else.
I really like that! Now that is smart thinking!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement