Randy had a good suggestion for you to start with and I will offer a couple more.
1. Search your heart and see where you stand with God right now, what sin is in your life, what are your good and bad attitudes, etc...it is like taking an inventory of your life.
2. Make sure through prayer and honest consideration that you have asked Jesus Christ to save you and REALLY meant it.
3. Begin to pray like an "8 year old kid", trusting God will hear you, and ask forgiveness for the sin in your life.
4. If you are truly saved, expect God to both forgive and cleanse you from that sin.
5. Look for a healthy church, not SBC, if you don't like it - this is a must if you want to really grow...
6. Get your hands on an easy translation of the Bible like the NIV, NLT, or Good News Bible and begin reading it even if it is just 5-10 minutes a day. When you read think on those things that you have read and ask the Lord to teach you.
7. Find support (in a church is the best place). If you have a Christian buddy, than ask him to be your accountability partner.
I hope this helps.