Am I the only one who.. - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 02:49 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Am I the only one who..

Gets frustrated with people who mistake Religion for faith? all these "bible punchers" be they Christian, jewish, or what ever who really dont have a whole lot of faith. but do the whole " social religion" thing.. It frustrates me to no end when ppl who think because they have read their bible or Torah over and over that that is all that is needed. Im not very religious.. but yeah im jewish.. but i have a lot of faith in g_d.. I have lived through enough Dumb STUFF!!! to know that if there wasnt a god i would be dead a while ago.. isnt it time that people started seeing past religion and seeing they need to get some faith?
I dont normaly post in this section. but i had to give my little rant about it.
D.
Jewbacca

WATCH YOUR LANGAUGE YOU DUMB SLOW CAR HAVING, JEW.

Last edited by Monsoon X; 03-11-2004 at 07:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 03:09 PM

What does faith mean to you?

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God...

I have faith, and place none of it in religion...that's my 2 cents.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 03:13 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by four5.0snomore
What does faith mean to you?

Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God...

I have faith, and place none of it in religion...that's my 2 cents.
Hearing from whom?? PRiests?? Rabis? i have NO faith in them.. look at how many catholic priests have been cought up in pedophilia cases? am i meant to listen to them?

I read the torah, and decided what it means for me.
Faith for me means Unconditional belief in a " higher being" who is most definaly watching over people as a whole..

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by White_lightning
Hearing from whom?? PRiests?? Rabis? i have NO faith in them.. look at how many catholic priests have been cought up in pedophilia cases? am i meant to listen to them?

I read the torah, and decided what it means for me.
Faith for me means Unconditional belief in a " higher being" who is most definaly watching over people as a whole..
Hearing from God's Word by the Holy Spirit as all scripture must be spiritually discerned.

I hope you see a need to decide which "being" is "higher". There is but one God, and one mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus...

Lee
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 03:24 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Hearing from God's Word by the Holy Spirit as all scripture must be spiritually discerned.

I hope you see a need to decide which "being" is "higher". There is but one God, and one mediator between God and man, the man Christ Jesus...

Lee
i guess you are not aware of the differences between Christianity and Judeism. I dont go through "christ".. Christ is a christian belief and has nothing to do with judeism. But lets not get into that right now.. The only "higher being" i look to is directly to g_d...
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 03:26 PM

Quote:
i guess you are not aware of the differences between Christianity and Judeism. I dont go through "christ".. Christ is a christian belief and has nothing to do with judeism. But lets not get into that right now.. The only "higher being" i look to is directly to g_d...
I am very aware Bro...I was hoping to "get into it"...
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 03:28 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
The only "higher being" i look to is directly to g_d...
If that is the case then you have to go through Christ. Since Christ is God. To try to get to God through any other means is pointless and doesn't get very far.
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
If that is the case then you have to go through Christ. Since Christ is God. To try to get to God through any other means is pointless and doesn't get very far.
no. i dont go through christ.. since TO me he wasnt the "saviour of man" but mearly an other prophet.

for you he was the son of god.. for me he wasnt.. He was just a man enlightened by g_d. continuing on with the whole Christ thing to me is a waste of your time because you are not qualified to state if your religion IS the right one and try push it on others.. i believe mine is right.. you beleive your is right.. lets leave it at that.. To me, As per the OLD TESTITMENT.. the son of g_d ..the Mesihah.. will ONLY come on judgement day to save those who are going to be saved. You can believe what yo will, but like i said.. my faith has nothing to do with jesus.. you feel yours does and i respect that.. so you need to repsect that to me he wasnt the son of god.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 03:45 PM

Quote:
no. i dont go through christ.. since TO me he wasnt the "saviour of man" but mearly an other prophet.

for you he was the son of god.. for me he wasnt.. He was just a man enlightened by g_d. continuing on with the whole Christ thing to me is a waste of your time because you are not qualified to state if your religion IS the right one and try push it on others.. i believe mine is right.. you beleive your is right.. lets leave it at that.. To me, As per the OLD TESTITMENT.. the son of g_d ..the Mesihah.. will ONLY come on judgement day to save those who are going to be saved. You can believe what yo will, but like i said.. my faith has nothing to do with jesus.. you feel yours does and i respect that.. so you need to repsect that to me he wasnt the son of god.
I once heard a man say, "You only believe that part you live"

How does your faith and belief in Jehovah God, father of Abraham cause you to live?
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 03:47 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Do you know anything at all about the prophecies concerning the Christ outlined in the Old Testament? Are you aware that Jesus fullfilled every single one of them?

Even your Jewish historian Josephus calls Jesus "The Christ" in his writings " Antiquities of the Jews".

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
I once heard a man say, "You only believe that part you live"

How does your faith and belief in Jehovah God, father of Abraham cause you to live?
I never said i was a Sin free jew.. or a " good jew" .. I dont go to Shul because i dont beleive that some building built by the hand of man is particularly holy.

moondog.. bottom line is, your preaching is pointless. i know what i believe. You feel you are right.. i feel i am right.. but at the end of the day.. weather he was or wasnt the son of god.. jesus was born a jew..

Also.. this what jesus discussion is WAY off topic.. and has nothing to do with my post.
post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 04:21 PM
The Big Matt

How can you sit here and argue with a man speaking his faith in his religion, that does not include Jesus Christ, about him needing to believe in Christ.

Would you argue with a Musslim, that because he doesn't believe in Christ, he is going to hell?

Your beliefs are yours and only yours, no one can tell you what to believe. Each person decides for themselves, and no one, and I mean no one, should ever tell that man that he is wrong.

I don't believe, at all, in any higher being, but I respect anyone who does, because they made a choice. I don't tell them they are stupid for believing, I don't frown upon them. This is their belief, and not believing is mine.

Dave, I think you are right, I think those that just socially have religion are a farse. They don't understand at all. They go to church hear some bs, and then socialize all afternoon. Faith is in your heart, it's blind, no doubt. There is no real answer, of whether anyone is right or wrong. Only your faith in your answer.

My faith is that I believe there is no god. that's it
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Big Matt
How can you sit here and argue with a man speaking his faith in his religion, that does not include Jesus Christ, about him needing to believe in Christ.

Would you argue with a Musslim, that because he doesn't believe in Christ, he is going to hell?

Your beliefs are yours and only yours, no one can tell you what to believe. Each person decides for themselves, and no one, and I mean no one, should ever tell that man that he is wrong.

I don't believe, at all, in any higher being, but I respect anyone who does, because they made a choice. I don't tell them they are stupid for believing, I don't frown upon them. This is their belief, and not believing is mine.

Dave, I think you are right, I think those that just socially have religion are a farse. They don't understand at all. They go to church hear some bs, and then socialize all afternoon. Faith is in your heart, it's blind, no doubt. There is no real answer, of whether anyone is right or wrong. Only your faith in your answer.

My faith is that I believe there is no god. that's it
Dave and Big Matt,

I will never call anyone stupid nor talk down to anyone, as it is my desire to turn one on, not off...I appreciate you chiming in on this thread!

To answer your question about Muslims, I would have to say "yes", with a heart longing to see them come to Jesus.

If you don't see it this way, I understand. Maybe, only a Christian will see it this way. But like you said, my beliefs are my choice. I pray you will one day make the same choice as Jesus "Come to me all who are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me and you will find rest unto your soul. For my yoke is easy and my burder is light." "No man can come to the father but by me." "There is no other name given among man where by one can be saved, but the name of Jesus." Sorry all for the mixture of translations here
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Quote:
Dave and Big Matt,

I will never call anyone stupid nor talk down to anyone, as it is my desire to turn one on, not off...I appreciate you chiming in on this thread!

To answer your question about Muslims, I would have to say "yes", with a heart longing to see them come to Jesus.

If you don't see it this way, I understand. Maybe, only a Christian will see it this way. But like you said, my beliefs are my choice. I pray you will one day make the same choice as Jesus "Come to me all who are weary and heavy burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn of me and you will find rest unto your soul. For my yoke is easy and my burder is light." "No man can come to the father but by me." "There is no other name given among man where by one can be saved, but the name of Jesus." Sorry all for the mixture of translations here
lol. one day you will realise that JEsus was jewish
i will never "come to jesus" because to me he will never be more then an enlightend man.. and the son of g_d will come at the last day.. judgement day.
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 07:11 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
lol. one day you will realise that JEsus was jewish
i will never "come to jesus" because to me he will never be more then an enlightend man.. and the son of g_d will come at the last day.. judgement day.
I was by no means trying to bash or belittle you for your beliefs. You had made a comment and I responded to it. Simple as that, it was not ment to insult you although it may have come across that way and for that I am truly sorry.

I know Jesus was Jewish, he was a direct descendant of King David, He was called the Son of David.

Back to the original post, there are many "religious" people in the world today, or at least they say they are religious but they have absolutely no idea what faith is or how to build on it. Lee mentioned a verse that states, "Faith comes by hearing, and hearing from the Word of God". The verse just before that quotes a verse from Isaiah 53 "Who hath believed our report?" So I believe that not only do you build on your faith by reading the Word of God but also by hearing others with experiences and testamonies. They can help to build your faith just as much as reading the Word as long was their testamony lines up with what God has already said.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 01:06 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Re: Am I the only one who..

Quote:
Im not very religious.. but yeah im jewish.. but i have a lot of faith in g_d..
And what does your faith move you to do? Do you keep the Levitical Laws of the OT?

Basically, Are you giving us an empty rant?

So let's put "religion" aside for the moment. What is your opinion on why Jesus didn't fufill the OT prophecies?

post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Re: Re: Am I the only one who..

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
And what does your faith move you to do? Do you keep the Levitical Laws of the OT?

Basically, Are you giving us an empty rant?

So let's put "religion" aside for the moment. What is your opinion on why Jesus didn't fufill the OT prophecies?
What did my post have to do with my believes about jesus? this is Completely off topic. im not here to discuss my faith or religion. but rather peoples blindness to the difference between the 2
post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 12:47 AM
TWIN SPINNER

So Jesus was a prophet? On the level of Moses or Elijah?

By the way I would agree with your original post, that there is alot of religous piety. No matter what the faith.

My car is for sale!
EBay Link
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-12-2004, 01:07 AM

Re: Re: Re: Am I the only one who..

Quote:
What did my post have to do with my believes about jesus? this is Completely off topic. im not here to discuss my faith or religion. but rather peoples blindness to the difference between the 2
yes you are, that is why you posted this thread. but, tell me. what tells you, as a Jewish person both by race in religion, that when the Messiah returns, you will be counted worthy of entering Heaven. i do not say this in a negative way, i am just trying to learn more about your religion.
your original post i do agree with.
my veiw is this: your theology is your life.
what you beleive is what you live. you cannot profess, God, allah, shahad, ect and not live your every breath by what their laws are, be it right or wrong in any one elses eyes. if you are a Christian but living in continuous sin, you are a hypocritical liar. same goes for Jew and Muslims and Arabs ect.

there is though a diff in living in habitual, knowlagable sin and sinning.
post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Am I the only one who..

Quote:
Originally posted by JohnStang
yes you are, that is why you posted this thread. but, tell me. what tells you, as a Jewish person both by race in religion,
before i go on.. please clarify this.. being jewish ISNT a race.. its a RELIGION.. nothing more.. where did you read it was race??

please correct me if misinterprited your comment
post #21 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 11:58 AM
Small Fry

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Am I the only one who..

Quote:
before i go on.. please clarify this.. being jewish ISNT a race.. its a RELIGION.. nothing more.. where did you read it was race??

please correct me if misinterprited your comment
It's a nationality.
post #22 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 12:32 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Am I the only one who..

Quote:
Originally posted by breadfan35
It's a nationality.
please tell you are arent this ignorant.. being a JEW ISNT a nationality.. its a RELIGION..
post #23 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 02:25 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Am I the only one who..

Quote:
please tell you are arent this ignorant.. being a JEW ISNT a nationality.. its a RELIGION..
He's right guys. It is not a nationality or a race, look it up in the dictionary.

Disclaimer:
post #24 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 09:21 PM

you are supposed to have faith in God, not ur preacher or pastor or whomever you are hearing the word of God from.
post #25 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 12:09 AM
Small Fry

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Am I the only one who..

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
He's right guys. It is not a nationality or a race, look it up in the dictionary.
Jew:
1. An adherent of Judaism as a religion or culture.
2. A member of the widely dispersed people originally descended from the ancient Hebrews and sharing an ethnic heritage based on Judaism.
3. A native or inhabitant of the ancient kingdom of Judah.

Would that not make it a nationality?
post #26 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 07:51 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Am I the only one who..

Quote:
Jew:
2. A member of the widely dispersed people originally descended from the ancient Hebrews and sharing an ethnic heritage based on Judaism.

Would that not be an Israelite?
post #27 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Ja Ja Ja Ja JEW UNIT!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Am I the only one who..

Quote:
Jew:

please tell me you arent a dumb as you act???
are you really this mentally challenged??
you realise there are Black jews, white jews.. tanned jews.. there are american jews... african jews.. russian jews...
get a clue brainiac... its a RELIGION.. im a Russian Jew.. when ppl are me " what nationality are you?" i dont say .. " im a jew".. ..

freaking moron.

moondog.. you are 100% correct.

what i have learned.. that besides a few of you.. there are to many close minded single tracked people in this section.. so im not going to waste my time posting here any more...
post #28 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 12:48 PM
Small Fry

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Am I the only one who..

Quote:
please tell me you arent a dumb as you act???
are you really this mentally challenged??
you realise there are Black jews, white jews.. tanned jews.. there are american jews... african jews.. russian jews...
get a clue brainiac... its a RELIGION.. im a Russian Jew.. when ppl are me " what nationality are you?" i dont say .. " im a jew".. ..

freaking moron.

Excuse me your holiness. I'm sure you've never been wrong on any issue have you. I'm sure you'd never do anything that made yourself look dumb. You know like, never use capitalization, use bad spelling, and bad punctuation.

Of course not.
post #29 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-14-2004, 01:55 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Well, this thread went no where quick.
post #30 of 31 (permalink) Old 03-16-2004, 12:52 AM

well, he did an excellent job of avoiding my question.
post #31 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-07-2004, 06:09 PM
Lifer

The Israelites were divided into tribes according to Jacob's (or Israel's) sons.........................in biblical times I'm probably gonna get some anal response to this about how dumb and mentally challanged I am just because i said my opinion even though me being called dumb and metally challanged IS an opinion.

go right ahead

94 Triple black GT auto w/shift kit, 3:55 gears and pulleys
Trolls Needed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement