How often do you pray? - DFWstangs Forums
View Poll Results: How often do you pray daily?
Not At All 7 53.85%
15 Minutes 2 15.38%
30 Minutes 0 0%
1 Hour 0 0%
2+ Hours 4 30.77%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 12:30 PM Thread Starter

Question How often do you pray?

Just wanted to see where we all were and how we viewed the importance of prayer. Do you believe prayer changes things? Do you believe prayer moves God? Talk away!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 12:40 PM
Small Fry

I don't have a set time limit I allow. I just make a point to do it morning and evening, and then anytime during the day when I feel the need.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Crash Test Dummy

I definately feel that prayer moves God. But I believe that it needs to be backed by great faith.

I try to "formally" pray before every meal and before bedtime. But I talk to God pretty much all day. Especially when I drive into work at 5:30am. I try to make sure I listen to 90.9 or 91.7 every morning just to get some "word" in me. To keep me focused during the day.

I just finished a book called "This Present Darkness" by Peretti and now I think that I don't pray enough! Great Christian Fiction!

Angels and Demons! wooo great. I think totally different about Spiritual Warfare now.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 01:45 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X
I definately feel that prayer moves God. But I believe that it needs to be backed by great faith.

I try to "formally" pray before every meal and before bedtime. But I talk to God pretty much all day. Especially when I drive into work at 5:30am. I try to make sure I listen to 90.9 or 91.7 every morning just to get some "word" in me. To keep me focused during the day.

I just finished a book called "This Present Darkness" by Peretti and now I think that I don't pray enough! Great Christian Fiction!

Angels and Demons! wooo great. I think totally different about Spiritual Warfare now.
I read that book of Peretti's a few years ago as a brand new Christian as well as the 2nd book very similar. You should try EM Bounds books on prayer from the early 1900's or Leonard Ravenhill's "Why Revival Tarries" for some powerful books on prayer. Not fun reading, but changing...
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 03:05 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
But I talk to God pretty much all day.
Same here. I dont really have a set time during the day or a time limit that I do pray. Just whenever I feel led to I do, which is pretty much all day. There are always things going on in my head and I will talk it over with God to get His talk on any situation that I happen to be going through at the time.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 07:25 PM
DFWMUSTANGS.NET

I don't pray at all. I don't believe it changes things, and never really did, even when I was really young.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

comment more on the power of prayer, experiences, what you have learned about prayer over the years of serving Christ, etc.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 09:41 PM
Hero in a half shell

i'm trying to pray every night when i'm in bed. sometimes i forget because i'm so tired from homework and stuff, but hey, i havn't prayed in probably over four years i saw the passion last friday, i guess that movie "moved" me.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 07:47 AM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:
Originally posted by four5.0snomore
comment more on the power of prayer, experiences, what you have learned about prayer over the years of serving Christ, etc.
1.) My 5yr old, 3 years ago had a Urinary Tract infection. They wanted to give her a cathoder (sp?) to fill her bladder with dye to watch the flow under a X-ray. My wife and I were distraught because we knew that cathoders hurt! We had to make a decision about whether we wanted my daughter to have the procedure or not. We prayed and prayed. No discernable answer. We prayed all the way up to when she got on the table. The nurse gave her a toy to play with while she administered the cathoder. My daughter just kept playing the toy and didn't even notice it. I was soooo happy! It's hard to see your kids in pain. God made the operation simple for her.

2.) I hardly ever ask God for material things. But last year was kinda hard (I lost a little faith and stopped giving my tithes) everything started breaking (My T/A included). I prayed, for strength, started giving my tithes, things got better almost instantly. The T/A is still down but, checks started coming from no where. I finally said a prayer that went something like this "Lord, I have to ask you for some material blessings now. You know I rarely ask but, I need you to work a miracle now" I work in the Telecom industry guys, last year I got a 0% raise This year I got 4% and a $1500 lump sum bonus.

PRAYER WITH FAITH WORKS!

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Geaux Saints!!

Quote:

PRAYER WITH FAITH WORKS! [/B]
You hit the nail on the head there!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-24-2004, 01:15 PM

I don't have a set time limit or even time of day for my conversations with God. I do try to say my prayers before falling asleep each night (hold over from childhood I'm sure) and when I sit on the back porch and watch the beauty that is around me, thanks to Him.

I find people are quick to pray or talk to God when they want or need something, however not as many remember to pray just to say thank you.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 08:18 AM
reo
Lima Lima Mike Foxtrot

Generally, I pray formally a few times a day, i.e church, meal time, bed time. But most of the time I sort of just "talk" to God. It's kinda wierd, but it works for me. But I know for sure he listens, I got a whole lot of proof on that.
-Eric
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 10:59 AM
IA2

My prayers are more of an ongoing all day kind of thing when I or someone else needs some help or something happens to remind me to thank Him for something.

A lot of times while i'm having a little mini-prayer i'll receive a thought almost as if someone has spoken that brings a new perspective to the situation.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-25-2004, 11:11 AM
Every day is.............

Every morning before I get up - before every meal - a quickie during the day if someone needs or ask's for it - and then every Sunday at church.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement