Preaching versus Teaching? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-09-2004, 10:33 PM Thread Starter
"To Punish and Enslave.."

Preaching versus Teaching?

I moved to the metro area in 1990. I got saved about a year before we moved and was going a great bible church (Grace Fellowship) and had an excellent foundation laid down by excellent teaching of the Word. I come to the metro area and it seems I can only find preaching. I personally believe preaching is for the lost and teaching is for the maturing of the Saints. I actually live in the North Fort Worth Area today. Can anyone tell me of a good bible teaching church in my area? I really am not to concerned about the denomination. If I can't find one then I'm thinking of organizing a bible study. I currently travel every week but should be changing jobs soon with much less travel. So, any church suggestions or interest in a bible study? I have not been going to church actively for over five years. I was very involved in my last church including teaching Sunday School. I have had two bad experiences since coming to the metro area. So, I want to shop around because I miss worship, The Lord's Supper and fellowship.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-10-2004, 06:25 AM

Preaching - proclaiming truth (God's Word)
Teaching - explaining truth (God's Word)

- the above is somewhat basic, but also easy to understand. Preaching is not for the Lost, just as Romans 3:10, 3:23, 6:23 is not just for the lost. It is all the Word of God and it is for all of us. I love to hear God's word proclaimed through powerful preaching. Now, dead preaching (not inspired by God), I do not care for and it profits little if any. I to like teaching, and while being a pastor that preaches, I am a better teacher...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 10:27 AM
Saved by Grace

teaching

I've been studying with Pastor Arnold Murry at the Shepard's Chapel on tv. It comes on at 5:00 am pretty early, but I've learned alot. It's also on the web at www.shepardschapel.com 24 hrs. I also do a home bible study, I like the informal setting. I like being able to stop and really find out what something means. Also doing Purpose Driven Life [one chapter per week] at home study. If you do a home study might consider getting a Strong's concordance. God Bless and stay hungry for the word.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 02:35 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Re: teaching

Quote:
Originally posted by 72Comet
I've been studying with Pastor Arnold Murry at the Shepard's Chapel on tv. It comes on at 5:00 am pretty early, but I've learned alot. It's also on the web at www.shepardschapel.com 24 hrs. I also do a home bible study, I like the informal setting. I like being able to stop and really find out what something means. Also doing Purpose Driven Life [one chapter per week] at home study. If you do a home study might consider getting a Strong's concordance. God Bless and stay hungry for the word.
I have a few problems with some of the things he teaches. I think he is way off base on parts of his theology. If I were you I would just watch what he says and study for yourself to see if what he is saying makes sense.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-13-2004, 03:04 PM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

I live in North Fort Worth, but I go to a church I30 and Montgomery, Christ Chapel Bible Church. Excellent church and I have been to many moving all over the place.

http://www.christchapelbc.org/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement