The girl of my dreams... - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

Cool The girl of my dreams...

Let me appologize in advance this may get kind of long.

I have known this girl since i was a kid, we dated for 1 yr and 8 months in highschool. I broke up with her for a very dumb reason being that i was a dumb highschool kid. we were very happy and had a great relationship i just saw the greener grass on the other side. we continued to be friends and were have been for a long time. she then had a got pregnant and her bf was abusive to her so she moved in with her dad and stepmom right near me. we had been hanging out before that but not much then she moved right near me so we started hanging out more. she became a very strong christian and i followed suit just trying to pursue her and it was very evident because my faith was as deep as a frisbee. but i fell in love with god and ended up giving my life to him. we just hung out being best friends for a while and just growing in christ together. she gave us the chance to date again about 4 months ago. we had no "Honeymoon" period because we have known each other for so long so it started out at full roll we are pretty serious and we take our relationship very seriously. we both are working towards getting married she already has a daughter that i love like my own. I know for a fact that i will never love anyone on earth like i love these two. we are also talking about becoming missionaries once we are married.

we are basically looking for some outside advice from other christian couples that are strong. we both want our relationship to grow in christ and under his guidance. everybody that is around us knows to much about us to be helpful.

can you guys and gals give us some books to read or some groups to join or anything that has helped you grow your relationships with god and your wives/husbands. please help us in anyway you can.

thank you from a very humble heart,

Kyle and Jennifer

I'm defending my home with a martial art: Klik-Pau

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 09:58 AM

That is so awesome ! I am so very happy for the two of you and good luck for the future.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 10:33 AM
Boost is Good

Re: The girl of my dreams...

Quote:
Originally posted by thiscat2000
Let me appologize in advance this may get kind of long.

I have known this girl since i was a kid, we dated for 1 yr and 8 months in highschool. I broke up with her for a very dumb reason being that i was a dumb highschool kid. we were very happy and had a great relationship i just saw the greener grass on the other side. we continued to be friends and were have been for a long time. she then had a got pregnant and her bf was abusive to her so she moved in with her dad and stepmom right near me. we had been hanging out before that but not much then she moved right near me so we started hanging out more. she became a very strong christian and i followed suit just trying to pursue her and it was very evident because my faith was as deep as a frisbee. but i fell in love with god and ended up giving my life to him. we just hung out being best friends for a while and just growing in christ together. she gave us the chance to date again about 4 months ago. we had no "Honeymoon" period because we have known each other for so long so it started out at full roll we are pretty serious and we take our relationship very seriously. we both are working towards getting married she already has a daughter that i love like my own. I know for a fact that i will never love anyone on earth like i love these two. we are also talking about becoming missionaries once we are married.

we are basically looking for some outside advice from other christian couples that are strong. we both want our relationship to grow in christ and under his guidance. everybody that is around us knows to much about us to be helpful.

can you guys and gals give us some books to read or some groups to join or anything that has helped you grow your relationships with god and your wives/husbands. please help us in anyway you can.

thank you from a very humble heart,

Kyle and Jennifer
Sure, we have a young marrieds/couples group that meets up every two weeks to dicuss a devotional and have fun. It is in the Carrollton/Lewisville/Frisco area. Ya'll are more than welcome to come. PM me if interested.
With you story, it looks like God has really blessed you your welcome to come and meet some other Christian couples and have fun. But if you dont, a very good book is "His needs, Her needs"

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

where do you guys meet at give me some more info we have a bible study on thursday nights so we couldn't do it then but just about any other night is ok.

kyle

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 10:44 AM

You guys are why I am in ministry as a pastor!

I love to see the work of God in people's lives - what a joy!

I would recommend you reading a "good book"

Purpose Driven Life - Rick Warren

Let us know how things progress and be sure to PRAY, PRAY, PRAY and then pray some more, and another piece of advice is to go a bit slower than you really want to!

I am 25 and my wife and I are coming up on our 7 year anniversary and are very happily married. Ask any questions, I might be able to help...
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 10:44 AM
Boost is Good

Quote:
where do you guys meet at give me some more info we have a bible study on thursday nights so we couldn't do it then but just about any other night is ok.

kyle
Its on Sunday evenings every 2 weeks usually around 6:00pm-8:00pm
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 10:46 AM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally posted by four5.0snomore
You guys are why I am in ministry as a pastor!

I love to see the work of God in people's lives - what a joy!

I would recommend you reading a "good book"

Let us know how things progress and be sure to PRAY, PRAY, PRAY and then pray some more, and another piece of advice is to go a bit slower than you really want to!

I am 25 and my wife and I are coming up on our 7 year anniversary and are very happily married. Ask any questions, I might be able to help...
Lee, we had a study a few weeks ago and had the question of who are a few marriages that you admire, and I thought of you and Amber. Just thought I'd let you know
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 10:27 AM Thread Starter
Lifer

no one really has many suggestions are there not that many married people on here that have good relationships or what?

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by 281R
Lee, we had a study a few weeks ago and had the question of who are a few marriages that you admire, and I thought of you and Amber. Just thought I'd let you know
You are to kind - pray that our relationship will continue to mature!

Lee
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 10:47 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
no one really has many suggestions are there not that many married people on here that have good relationships or what?
18 years and counting.....

The Lady, Her Lover, and Her Lord - TD Jakes
Seven Promises of a Promise Keeper

Are three pretty good books that you can learn much from.
Continue to pray for each other everyday. I pray this over my family everyday:
Num 6:24-26
May The LORD bless you, and keep you:
May The LORD make his face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you:
May The LORD lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 11:07 AM
Lifer

lol found christ....thats a good one
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 12:45 PM
Saint's heart sinner skin

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SilverGT
lol found christ....thats a good one
have a little respect for other people and their beliefs. take that crap to the smackatorium. moondog, this is EXACTLY what i was talking about. doesn't he just sound scared to find another way of thinkin of things?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 01:30 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by hotrod66stang
have a little respect for other people and their beliefs. take that crap to the smackatorium. moondog, this is EXACTLY what i was talking about. doesn't he just sound scared to find another way of thinkin of things?
Its all good. I have learned to ignore most of the people around here when they post stuff like that. Unless they start bashing my character, then its game on!

Disclaimer:
No other posters were flamed, ridiculed, persecuted, belittled, berated, judged or otherwise in the making of the above-posted reply. It is with respect all are asked to observe this and to provide the same courtesy bestowed upon those who have posted and those who will post. Yada, Yada, doublespeak and so forth!
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 03:15 PM
Crash Test Dummy

Quote:

I can't remember half the books I've read. One that stands out for me is Her needs, His needs and Women are from Venus and Men are from Mars.

My wife says that "The Power of a Praying Wife" helped her tremendously.

As far as the rest: My parents were divorced and I used their bad example of what not to do.

Also- People always use Eph 5:22-23 to say that the Man is the head of the house and that the women should submit but, they never keep reading down to v. 25 when it says "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, " Our love for our wives should be second after our love for God and Jesus.

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-26-2004, 06:03 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by Monsoon X

Also- People always use Eph 5:22-23 to say that the Man is the head of the house and that the women should submit but, they never keep reading down to v. 25 when it says "Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, " Our love for our wives should be second after our love for God and Jesus.
AMEN!

Disclaimer:
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-27-2004, 08:46 PM
Time Served

My church offers a class called 'Before You Say I Do', its a Christian pre-marital counseling class, here is the link:

Before You Say I Do
Sponsored Links
Advertisement