Ghosts - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 01:34 AM Thread Starter
Saint's heart sinner skin

Ghosts

so if ghosts are real, does that mean that god is real or exists? do you believe them to be souls trapped between two "worlds" and that truly proves god exists? i don't know, and i've never seen one....just curious as to opinions. discuss...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 04:44 AM
Target Practice

I don't believe in ghosts. I do believe in demons who show themselves as ghosts (or the could be angels). I don't believe that souls are "trapped" between heaven and hell. I know some religions speak of a purgatory, a kind of waiting place until you are judged, or something rather.

White Hot Media
VENUECITY.com
Carmod.net
The Standard Issue <-RIP
SJB 3.29.85-1.24.08
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 08:09 AM

Re: Ghosts

Quote:
Originally posted by hotrod66stang
so if ghosts are real, does that mean that god is real or exists? do you believe them to be souls trapped between two "worlds" and that truly proves god exists? i don't know, and i've never seen one....just curious as to opinions. discuss...
1. I believe "ghosts" most likely are angelic beings, either God's angels or Satan's demons

2. Angelic being vecoming visible would not be enough proof for me if I were searching for truth, but Jesus Christ's life, death on the cross, and resurrection would be plenty!

3. Souls are definitely NOT trapped between two worlds. At this very minute, there are 3 worlds in existence according to the bible. First it is our earth, where we live. We then have heaven, filled with God, His angels, and all the Christians (their spirits) that have died to this point in time. Finally, you have Hell, which is not the eternal lake of fire, but rather a holding place until the Great White throne judgement spoken of in Revelation 20.

I hope this helps some!

Lee

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 11:51 AM Thread Starter
Saint's heart sinner skin

great thoughts....anybody else have opinions/facts to share?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 12:19 PM
No Cerveza... No Trabajo

Thumbs up

Samuel did appear before Saul. Was he a ghost? But didn't he use a witch or something to make that happen?

Angels usually took human form and carried themselves well. No haunting there.

Now, when you die (at least in a Christian sense), don't you just stay in a "peaceful sleep" until the final resurrection? So, ghosts can't be human.

Which leaves us with the demons (bad angels! bad!). Now, you would have to think that 99.9% of the so-called "demons" people see are either misinterpretations, drug induced, dellusions of the mentally ill, etc.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 08:55 AM
The first, the original

Quote:
Originally posted by 01WhiteCobra
Samuel did appear before Saul. Was he a ghost? But didn't he use a witch or something to make that happen?

Yes. 1 Samuel 28. Saul met with the witch of Endor. he wanted Samuel to interpret his dreams since God would not answer him and his prophets could not interpret either.

Samuel was not happy about being "disquietened" either.

My cousin and I were bouncing around another theory.

What if there is another part of our "being"? The Bible only talks about the physical body and our soul or spirit.

Perhaps there is another that isn't spoke about. Like a separate spirit, not the soul that would go to heaven or hell, but a spirit that really has no substance or importance. Like an energy that never disipates completely. Not to get all "new-agey" just a thought.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 09:05 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank
Yes. 1 Samuel 28. Saul met with the witch of Endor. he wanted Samuel to interpret his dreams since God would not answer him and his prophets could not interpret either.

What if there is another part of our "being"? The Bible only talks about the physical body and our soul or spirit.

Perhaps there is another that isn't spoke about. Like a separate spirit, not the soul that would go to heaven or hell, but a spirit that really has no substance or importance. Like an energy that never disipates completely. Not to get all "new-agey" just a thought.
Sounds "new-agey" to me.

The Bible speaks of God making Adam from the dust of the ground (flesh) and breathing in the breath of life (spirit) and he became a living soul. I believe we are a spirit being living in a flesh body, the two together make a soul. I dont think there is anymore to us than that.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Frank

To clarify according to OT and NT scripture we are THREE part beings - similar to the trinity doctrine.

Body - flash and bones (covering)
Sould - Mind, Will, Emotions
Spirit - Inner Man (Human Spirit everyone has, place where Holy Spirit dwells for Christians)

This is tought throughout scripture:
Genesis 1:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness
1 Thessalonians 5:23 May God himself, the God of peace, sanctify you through and through. May your whole spirit, soul and body be kept blameless at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Remember - the battle between the body (flesh) and spirit is fought in the mind!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement