what church do you attend?? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 11:09 PM Thread Starter
you cant see me

what church do you attend??

im kinda looking for a good place to get involved. i have some deep beliefs and i'm more concerned about my relationship with Christ than i am religion.
I'm also pretty blunt and dont deal well with hypocrites. the only reasons that i want to even go are to learn more from people that can back up anything they say with biblical fact and not just say that i have to "trust them on this one" or need to get anyone else.
i guess i really just need a good spiritual family to hang with that can teach me about stuff, and be able to answer questions as well as walk the walk that they talk.

i know its a tall order but if nothing fits the bill than im just not interested. lol, i used to be a assistant youth/music minister and i left because of the dramatic hypocricies going on at the time. i guess you could say i love God but i hate christians to a certain extent.

so anyway where do you go to church and why do you continue to go to that particular church???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-21-2004, 01:01 AM
Along for the ride

here at Texas A&M i go to Grace Bible Church. back home in carrollton i go to First Baptist Church Carrollton. i also like Bent Tree Bible Church in Carrollton.

marcus

'92 Emerald Green Mustang LX Hatch 5.0
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-21-2004, 07:09 AM

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-21-2004, 01:33 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Covenant Church in Carrollton.

www.covenantchurch.org

My family and I have been attending for over 10 years. We continue to go because it is a bible believing church that is not bent on teaching hellfire and brimstone. The teachings are relevant for today and is something that you can take home and work with. There is something for everyone, singles groups, young married couples, even the old folks have their outings that they go on. If it isn't to far of a drive for you you are more than welcome to check it out.
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-21-2004, 06:30 PM

I choose not to go. I leave my relationship on an intimate and personal level. I have yet to find a church that I give a rip about.
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-21-2004, 07:49 PM
Wolverines!!!

Over close to ur area steve? Theres First Baptist Keller off of 1709. Didn't like the church much but the pastor gives really great sermons IMO.
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-21-2004, 08:13 PM
Crash Test Dummy

I attend the Light of the World Church of Christ near Hampton and I-20 Southside fool!

I see that you are in NRH. You should hook up with Lane and visit with him at North Richland Hills Church of Christ. It's a huge church off Loop 820

post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-21-2004, 10:29 PM Thread Starter
you cant see me

Quote:
Originally posted by SlowLX
Over close to ur area steve? Theres First Baptist Keller off of 1709. Didn't like the church much but the pastor gives really great sermons IMO.
yeah, im not concerned with the pastor, more concerned with good members and a close family of believers, and definatly one's that wont judge me for spending time on my car
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-21-2004, 10:33 PM
Wolverines!!!

Browse some of the chuches in the area? I used to goto a pentacostal church off 377 theyre a bunch of good ppl dont remember the name of it though.
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 01:51 AM
4.6 love

I go to New Liberty Baptist Church.

post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 07:06 AM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by slo95.0
yeah, im not concerned with the pastor, more concerned with good members and a close family of believers, and definatly one's that wont judge me for spending time on my car
That is one thing that is cool about my pastor. He loves rebuiling old classics and Harleys everyonce in a while. Usually a couple times a year he will have at outing with the guys in the church either down to the drag races in Ennis or out to TMS for a NASCAR race.

EDIT:
I also wanted to add to this that once several years ago we had Dale Jarrett come out with one of his cars. After he spoke for about 45 minutes he went out and started up the car and pissed a few neighbors off.

Last edited by MoonDog; 02-22-2004 at 07:40 AM.
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 08:21 AM
Mach 1 | 32 V

I'm Lutheran and during my confirmation when we were learning some of the Lutheran beliefs our Pastor would always say, just don't believe what I'm telling you, look it up in the Bible. That sounds kinda what you are looking for. Plus, our whole congregation is small and close knit, and our pastor always manages to get football into the sermon (the whole church loves football).

BARBIE LOVES BULLITT991 3.17.07
I'm a Barbie girl...In my Barbie world...
PROUD OWNER: '04 AZURE BLUE MACH 1
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 12:59 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
Originally posted by Barbie
I'm Lutheran and during my confirmation when we were learning some of the Lutheran beliefs our Pastor would always say, just don't believe what I'm telling you, look it up in the Bible. That sounds kinda what you are looking for. Plus, our whole congregation is small and close knit, and our pastor always manages to get football into the sermon (the whole church loves football).
Barbie, what church do you go to? Im Lutheran too well missouri synod lutheran that is
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-22-2004, 09:44 PM
Mach 1 | 32 V

Quote:
Originally posted by 281R
Barbie, what church do you go to? Im Lutheran too well missouri synod lutheran that is
I'm Wisconsin synod Lutheran, we call yall the bad lutherans, although not as bad as the ELCA's

BARBIE LOVES BULLITT991 3.17.07
I'm a Barbie girl...In my Barbie world...
PROUD OWNER: '04 AZURE BLUE MACH 1
post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 01:18 AM
Target Practice

I go to fellowship baptist church off eldorado parkway in frisco. The pastor is a great guy and very sincere. Nothing I have heard him preach has contradicted anything, and he has lived his life (from what i've seen) to his beliefs and the Word of God. I tend to stay away from southern baptist churchs because the one I grew up in, there were a ton of hypocrites, and lots of gossiping. Baptist people are fine, just the churches aren't so hot. I do like this one though. Much different from the rest. Good luck finding one!

White Hot Media
VENUECITY.com
Carmod.net
The Standard Issue <-RIP
SJB 3.29.85-1.24.08
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 07:36 AM
Boost is Good

Quote:
I'm Wisconsin synod Lutheran, we call yall the bad lutherans, although not as bad as the ELCA's
lol, yea the ELCA's are getting kinda out there
post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 08:06 AM

Re: what church do you attend??

Quote:
im kinda looking for a good place to get involved. i have some deep beliefs and i'm more concerned about my relationship with Christ than i am religion...i guess you could say i love God but i hate christians to a certain extent.
Hey Bro,

I care about you (not knowing you) so I felt I must say something. The two statements you made in your initial post just don't add up.

1. You say you have deep held beliefs and are more concerned about your relationship with Christ, but you say later on that you hate Christians.

1 John 4:20 If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

2. You say you are "kinda" looking for a place to get involved, but the Bible is very clear saying Christ died for the church (Eph 5), you need to be a part of a local body (I Cor. 12), and there are at least 30 New Testament commands you cannot not even fulfill outside a local church. I would not kinda try to find a place, I would get a move on it.

3. RE: "Hypocrites" - We are all hypocrites! The saved and the lost. You and me! I have been a youth pastor for 4 years and a pastor for the last 6 months, and I am still hypocritical at times. Check with me 40 years from now and if I am honest I will admit the same. Every church is full of hypocrties, but that is NO excuse not to be a part of one.

I hope and pray you receive this in your spirit. I am very open to chatting with you further if you like.

Lee
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 08:39 AM
Married Man on 14Feb2010

Quote:
I attend a Lutheran church with my Grandparents when I visit in northern Wisconsin.

Last edited by TexasDevilDog; 02-23-2004 at 02:04 PM.
post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 04:37 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Re: Re: what church do you attend??

Quote:
Originally posted by four5.0snomore
1. You say you have deep held beliefs and are more concerned about your relationship with Christ, but you say later on that you hate Christians.

1 John 4:20 If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen.

Thats good Lee, I looked right over that. That is word that we all could stand receiving.
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 04:41 PM
Every day is.............

St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church in Keller. This "may" not be the religious sect you would want to choose because the Catholic Church ask's for a strong dedication to conformity to Catholic laws and beliefs in order to "join" the church, but that does not stop you from worshiping there. All are welcome to come worship (member or not), no questions asked. I'm a confirmed Catholic and I've been going there for over 3 years now but I haven't joined [as a member of this church] because I was married by a preacher and not by a priest and the church does not recognize that type of marriage (or the subsequent divorce) but I still go there and really enjoy it. I'm a very "liberal Catholic" - if you can even say those two words in the same sentence - and I can find something wrong with any religion or sect, including my own!
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 05:33 PM
Time Served

I go to the Ballpark in Plano, off of Park and Midway(Prestonwood Baptist)
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 05:41 PM
98 SVT Cobra

Quote:
Originally posted by utdbear
I go to the Ballpark in Plano, off of Park and Midway(Prestonwood Baptist)
We (AHA) beat you guys in football last year. BWAHAHAHA.
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
you cant see me

Re: Re: what church do you attend??

Quote:
Originally posted by four5.0snomore
Hey Bro,

I care about you (not knowing you) so I felt I must say something. The two statements you made in your initial post just don't add up.

Lee
a liar is one of many title me as well as many can call our own.

you will just have to take my word for it, my relationship with Christ is real, not good but it does exist, but im not happy with it.

the reason why i say i hate christians is just a generalzation, it seems the more christians i meet the more i understand why unbeliever's dont want anything to do with God or religion or Etc Etc........

i cant help but thinking that evangelism is a lost cause, but then again if it didnt exist there is a chance i might have never know meet Christ to begin with, is a catch 22 that i deal with all the time

maybe now you understand a little better, than again, maybe you are even more confused
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 04:33 AM
Target Practice

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
We (AHA) beat you guys in football last year. BWAHAHAHA.
AHA??? CCCA over here haha, small world.

White Hot Media
VENUECITY.com
Carmod.net
The Standard Issue <-RIP
SJB 3.29.85-1.24.08
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 08:24 AM

Re: Re: Re: what church do you attend??

Quote:
a liar is one of many title me as well as many can call our own.

you will just have to take my word for it, my relationship with Christ is real, not good but it does exist, but im not happy with it.

the reason why i say i hate christians is just a generalzation, it seems the more christians i meet the more i understand why unbeliever's dont want anything to do with God or religion or Etc Etc........

i cant help but thinking that evangelism is a lost cause, but then again if it didnt exist there is a chance i might have never know meet Christ to begin with, is a catch 22 that i deal with all the time

maybe now you understand a little better, than again, maybe you are even more confused
I do understand and did understand when I made my first post. I appreciate the fact that you received what I said maturely, like a man.

It seems to me (and you said it best) like you are down in the dumps, but be encouraged Jesus has and is the answer!

Quote:
...my relationship with Christ is real, not good but it does exist, but im not happy with it...
I would ask you to reconsider your life and your actions immediately, as just by reading your signature and looking at your avatar it is obvious you are not very concerned with representing Christ. To a searching unbeliever that can prove to be dangerous, and for your sake I encourage you to change. Jesus is waiting for you to do so today!

I want to recommend some great reading that can be beneficial for you, "The Purpose Driven Life" by Rick Warren. This is a book with 40 chapters and you read one chapter each day which takes only 5-10 minutes. This is simple teaching straight from the Bible. I am a pastor and found this book extremely encouraging and challenging for me to change to become more Christlike, and maybe it will do the same for you!

In Christ,

Lee
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 06:12 PM Thread Starter
you cant see me

i agree with the comment about my sig and avatar, but i am far from preaching God's word, but that is just an excuse.

the main thing is, i think it would be rediculous, (and i have seen it before) to get on the God bandwagon, change my sig/screenname/identity/whatever ETC, and then 6 months later i am back doing the same stuff, now what would that say about God from a nonbelievers point of view???? you and me know that it would be my fault that i gave up, but to the outside eye someone would think, " if he already loves God and couldnt make it work, then what chance do i have"??

the last thing i need to do to christ is to promise my time make goals on changing my lifestyle to one that would please him, only to screw it all up later, ive done it before and i cant handle the guilt of completely going back on my word to the son of God, i cant understand he has put up with me to begin with. its is written somewhere that it is better to be cold , than LUKEWARM, and ive done luke warm and dont wanna go there again.

i think many in the ministry and many that have left it feel the same way, for whatever reason they dont want to make a commitment that they have doubts about being able to keep.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-24-2004, 07:42 PM
Boost is Good

Quote:
i agree with the comment about my sig and avatar, but i am far from preaching God's word, but that is just an excuse.

the main thing is, i think it would be rediculous, (and i have seen it before) to get on the God bandwagon, change my sig/screenname/identity/whatever ETC, and then 6 months later i am back doing the same stuff, now what would that say about God from a nonbelievers point of view???? you and me know that it would be my fault that i gave up, but to the outside eye someone would think, " if he already loves God and couldnt make it work, then what chance do i have"??

the last thing i need to do to christ is to promise my time make goals on changing my lifestyle to one that would please him, only to screw it all up later, ive done it before and i cant handle the guilt of completely going back on my word to the son of God, i cant understand he has put up with me to begin with. its is written somewhere that it is better to be cold , than LUKEWARM, and ive done luke warm and dont wanna go there again.

i think many in the ministry and many that have left it feel the same way, for whatever reason they dont want to make a commitment that they have doubts about being able to keep.
All I can say brother is keep your heart open to Christ and search what purpose he has for you. Once you have found that, grasp it and never let go. I just always remember that it can be a great or terrible thing to be in the presence of the Lord. Terrible meaning the ones who have rejected the Lamb.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 03:34 AM Thread Starter
you cant see me

Quote:
Originally posted by 281R
All I can say brother is keep your heart open to Christ and search what purpose he has for you. Once you have found that, grasp it and never let go. I just always remember that it can be a great or terrible thing to be in the presence of the Lord. Terrible meaning the ones who have rejected the Lamb.
thanks bro, you are right about the terrible part, ive been there and the sick feeling i felt after letting him down has pretty much scared the beejeebus outta me, and i dont wanna toy with him anymore. i think i have a lot of thinking to do before i can make a decision, lol its not like he is the one that isnt ready.
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 08:21 AM

Quote:

The purpose of a Christian's life is to live it to the fullest for a one man audience - that audience being Jesus Christ! It is all about Him.

To say. "I am not ready to devote myself" or "I do not want to dissapoint Christ" or "I would rather be cold than lukewarm" is not the right way of thinking. Don't waste time wondering if you are going to fail or dissapoint Jesus - you will! I will, and do, and will do it again, BUT the Lord is helping me to grow.

In the state you are in right now, Christ cannot be a help to you. He said deny yourself, take up your cross, and follow him AND when you fall just ask for help and I WILL BE THERE!

In Christ,

Lee
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-25-2004, 03:55 PM
Boost is Good

my church
Prince of Peace
Sponsored Links
Advertisement