Church in Grapevine? - DFWstangs Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 09:32 AM Thread Starter
Chick with a Dick

Question Church in Grapevine?

Hey all. (Sorry I've been absent so long....JC...You're always welcome to hit me with a ruler.)

I've heard about this "awesome church" in Grapevine. It's supposedly directed at young families, having a great program for youths and a lot of interactive functions. Do any of you know the name of it? It's a far drive for us from S. Irving, but it sounds like something we'd like to check out.

Thanks in advance! Nic

myspace.com/madamdeuce....even your mom has visited
Just imagine if guys weren't weirded out by my boner and stuff...and just wanted to see it. That's the world I one day wanna live in.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 09:53 AM
98 SVT Cobra

I believe the one you are talking about might be Fellowship Church across from the mall but I am not sure.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MoonDog
I believe the one you are talking about might be Fellowship Church across from the mall but I am not sure.
I've never been inside that church, but I drive by it a lot, to me it seems like they're more concerned with giving god a good image as opposed to spreading his word.

Has anyone been to it?

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 11:42 AM Thread Starter
Chick with a Dick

Quote:
Originally posted by SLP007
I've never been inside that church, but I drive by it a lot, to me it seems like they're more concerned with giving god a good image as opposed to spreading his word.

Has anyone been to it?
Just because it's nice doesn't mean that dork. I've heard nothing BUT great things about the church, its leaders, its fellowship and the things it does in and for the community. Altho I don't live in Grapevine I do a lot in and around there. I'd love to live there one day and think checking out that church now would be nice in case we do.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 12:01 PM
Back From Oblivion

Quote:
Originally posted by Girls can too
Just because it's nice doesn't mean that dork. I've heard nothing BUT great things about the church, its leaders, its fellowship and the things it does in and for the community. Altho I don't live in Grapevine I do a lot in and around there. I'd love to live there one day and think checking out that church now would be nice in case we do.
You're gonna move closer to me??!! Yeah, we can hang out more.......someday.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Chick with a Dick

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally posted by Angel_22679
You're gonna move closer to me??!! Yeah, we can hang out more.......someday.
You know I'd move JUST for that reason alone!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 12:19 PM
Lifer

Nicolle you are thinking of Fellowship Church. My mom and step dad use to attend that church and that's also were we had his memorial service.

It's a HUGE church and from what my mom says, it's awesome. Everyone is really friendly and even though there are a ton of people that go, you can still get to know everyone.
I'd love to attend, but Jared thinks like James, he thinks they spent way too much money on everything. They do have like 20 plasma TV's throughout the place. I think it's that big because the services are so successful and they are attended by people all across the DFW area.

If you want more info, PM and I'll let you speak with my mom.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 01:00 PM

http://www.fellowshipchurch.com/fcweb/home.aspx

Go to the web site and tell me they're not flashy.....

They've got a prayer garden, baptism lake, an atrium that looks like the stock exchange, a childrens area that looks like something out of Barney, etc etc.... It may not be based on substance but it's definately aimed toward a younger group of church goers.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Chick with a Dick

Cool! Thanks for the info y'all!

I'm kinda all for the hooplah. If it takes that kinda stuff to get some people motivated to GO then so be it. I'm actually one of those who likes big crowds (i.e. malls, theaters, conventions, etc.) and I definitely want to be "personal" with Christ on my own terms/times. Not in front of 30 church members I don't know.

I'd like to get "lost" in a large church/congregation, at least in the beginning. I think we'd have a better chance of connecting with others at such a place than like my sis & bro-in-law who stayed too long at a tiny church full of seniors. I'd rather be around young families, people my age. I may get them to go with us and check it out! I'll let you know what I find. Thanks again! Nic
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 03:44 PM
Lifer

Quote:
Originally posted by Girls can too
Cool! Thanks for the info y'all!

I'm kinda all for the hooplah. If it takes that kinda stuff to get some people motivated to GO then so be it. I'm actually one of those who likes big crowds (i.e. malls, theaters, conventions, etc.) and I definitely want to be "personal" with Christ on my own terms/times. Not in front of 30 church members I don't know.

I'd like to get "lost" in a large church/congregation, at least in the beginning. I think we'd have a better chance of connecting with others at such a place than like my sis & bro-in-law who stayed too long at a tiny church full of seniors. I'd rather be around young families, people my age. I may get them to go with us and check it out! I'll let you know what I find. Thanks again! Nic
That's how I feel! But Jared wants to go to a small church full of seniors.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 03:47 PM
Lifer

Sheesh, even *I* have attended Fellowship. Twice in the last two months, in fact.

Yes, seriously.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-18-2004, 04:03 PM
IA2

Both large and small churches have their place in the scheme of things.

I like the closeness of a small church, but we recently moved to a larger church. Our kids are 9 & 10 and I wanted to attend a church that has a focus on kids and teenagers.

Most of us that went to church as kids remember being stuck in the pew while the preacher droned on and on and hated it. The church failed to connect with a lot of kids way back when.

Nowadays the hip churches have youth ministers and have ministry programs specifically designed to interest kids. The kids also go do things in groups like cleanup neighborhoods or work in homeless shelters and the like.

I would expect Fellowship to have programs like this.

A lot of seniors like "traditional" style services and a other folks like "contemporary" style services.

The important thing is to find a church where you can plug in as an active member. There is nothing wrong with visiting as many churches as you need to find where you should be.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-19-2004, 05:14 PM
Time Served

Since you live in S. Irving, you might want to check out Irving Bible Chapel. I am a member at Prestonwood, but when I get a free Tuesday night, I go out to a Bible study called I55. Its a really neat church that preaches truth, and is also geared towards younger people as well. Check out their website:

http://www.irvingbible.org/

bear
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-20-2004, 11:29 AM Thread Starter
Chick with a Dick

Quote:
Originally posted by utdbear
Since you live in S. Irving, you might want to check out Irving Bible Chapel. I am a member at Prestonwood, but when I get a free Tuesday night, I go out to a Bible study called I55. Its a really neat church that preaches truth, and is also geared towards younger people as well. Check out their website:

http://www.irvingbible.org/

bear
Hey thanks!! That sounds awesome!! No harm in checking out other options as well!!

I agree Mike! I'm still that little kid today. It's hard to keep me sitting still long. haha! It's in my core to like "hooplah" but not quite evangelistic services. I'd like to attend a church with a band that has electric guitars and rock-style music. I hear that Fellowship is known for their good music and interaction. Can't wait to check it out!
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-21-2004, 12:24 AM
Lifer

hell ive been to the fellowship church a few times as well. not a religious person, but its pretty good as far as churches go...they can only be so interesting
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 02-23-2004, 06:54 PM
Lifer

hmmm Ive been a few times....i went to the christmas show in december. my mother and sister go every saturday night and they like it. although i havent been to church in probably 6-7 years I did listen to what was said and actually learned some things i didnt know. I never have been a religous person i dont know if im closed minded or just not really sure what i believe. it is an interesting place and it wasnt like regular church i will visit it again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement